Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+12
GarryB
The-thing-next-door
ATLASCUB
Odin of Ossetia
PapaDragon
flamming_python
Airman
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
par far
George1
kvs
16 posters

2018 Armenian "Velvet" Revolution

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

2018 Armenian "Velvet" Revolution Empty 2018 Armenian "Velvet" Revolution

Post  miketheterrible Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:57 am

As a note, continuous protests in Armenia currently. Same culprits but with a lot of supporters. Calling it velvet revolution. So Armenia is ripe to become another Ukraine.

Surprised no one here talking about it.
    kvs
    kvs

2018 Armenian "Velvet" Revolution Empty Re: 2018 Armenian "Velvet" Revolution

Post  kvs Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:06 am

miketheterrible wrote:As a note, continuous protests in Armenia currently. Same culprits but with a lot of supporters. Calling it velvet revolution. So Armenia is ripe to become another Ukraine.

Surprised no one here talking about it.

There is another thread on it.

What's to say. Idiots are as idiots do. If Armenians want to be NATO's bitch then let them. The last thing Russia needs is to waste blood and treasure
    to save every collection of malcontents. If Russia can tolerate the loss of Ukraine, it can certainly tolerate the loss of Armenia as a security vulnerability.
    Russia's new best friends are its missile systems. They make the world into a tiny place where land buffers have no meaning. Let NATO deploy whatever
    assets it thinks it needs on Russia's borders. This will not let NATO get away with any nuclear first strikes. And Russia will not be destabilized by NATO
    on its borders, rather quite the opposite.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:39 am

Bugger off all of you.

Why do we have this panicky "OMG another color revolution" or "A repeat of Ukraine" bovine excrement each time there is a demonstration in Armenia?

Most Armenians are pro-Russia. There are very few self-destructive western puppets in Armenia (even Russia has some of those) who try to capitalize on any demonstration or discontent. They will reach nowhere.

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:04 am

TheArmenian wrote:Bugger off all of you.

Why do we have this panicky "OMG  another color revolution" or "A repeat of Ukraine" bovine excrement each time there is a demonstration in Armenia?

Most Armenians are pro-Russia. There are very few self-destructive western puppets in Armenia (even Russia has some of those) who try to capitalize on any demonstration or discontent. They will reach nowhere.

i agree. After all Armenia isn't the same case as Ukraine where the population is divided
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:06 am

Why do we have this panicky "OMG  another color revolution" or "A repeat of Ukraine" bovine excrement each time there is a demonstration in Armenia?

The trick, since you are not aware of it, is that a minority can grab power while the majority sleeps. Once the minority is in power it can
    keep the majority down and for a long time. This is actually what happened in Ukraine, but are unaware of this. Over 70% of Ukrainians
    have no love for Bandera. Yet Bandera is the national hero of Banderastan. Most Ukrainians do not hate Russia and would not support
    the insane severing of economic ties that the Kiev coup regime is foisting on the country.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 am

George1 wrote:

i agree. After all Armenia isn't the same case as Ukraine where the population is divided

In Ukraine it is divided 30:70 but thanks to NATO, the 30% took over.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:37 am

The perversion of democracy.... it used to be rule by consensus... where the majority took the needs of minorities into consideration to keep peace and order.

Now western democracy is rule with money and power by the 1% who have all the money and the rest of you just work your minimum wage jobs and watch TV or movies, or just do drugs (prescription drugs of course).
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:35 am

Color revolution underway. Velvet revolution a cording to the opposition leader. Pretty large crowed too.

https://twitter.com/TamrikoT/status/987824582764593152?s=19

Thearmenian seems that you need to go into counter protest or your nation is about to turn into Ukraine 2.0
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:02 am

miketheterrible wrote:Color revolution underway. Velvet revolution a cording to the opposition leader. Pretty large crowed too.

https://twitter.com/TamrikoT/status/987824582764593152?s=19

Thearmenian seems that you need to go into counter protest or your nation is about to turn into Ukraine 2.0

It is tiresome that this rent-a-crowd theater works all the time. It worked in Iran in 1953 and Ukraine in 2014.
    As if some street mob represents the rest of the country. No, the ballot box represents the rest of the country.
    The clowns protesting to enable a foreign backed coup are only representing themselves.

Yanukovich probably did not have any real power since he should have deployed the army to get rid of the 10,000
    thugs who took over from the "million" civilians (more like 160,000). The current Armenian government is probably
    similarly compromised and will not be able to stop this street mob theater from setting the tone.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:47 am

The Police in Armenia seem to be doing a decent job, sort of.  I think the best method for Armenia is push what Russia, US and others do - block the protesters to certain areas, and then confine them there.  Maybe even split them up.  Riot police should be used in this regard with regular cops.  Eventually, once blocking them off, they will tire out and run out of resources.

the Navalny style opposition is even stating that he will be having a meeting at some hotel tomorrow and states that he will talk with the PM over his resignation. lol. He talks as if he is in control of the Armenian government and constitutions....
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 pm

http://tass.com/world/1001285

Looks like the oppositionist, who had about 8% of the votes, got what he wanted. This could spell very bad for Russia in the region since the oppositionist is pro American and wants Russia out.

Guess it frees Russia's hand in Azerbaijan. Much larger market.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:26 pm

http://vestnikkavkaza.net/news/Zvezda-TV-channel-about-heroization-of-fascism-in-Armenia.html

Seems Armenia has been actively pushing EU bullshit and glorification of Nazis. Wow. Screw Armenia. I say help Azerbaijan.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:15 pm

There may be a silver lining.

https://twitter.com/Russ_Warrior/status/988429454224625664?s=19
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:16 pm

miketheterrible wrote:http://vestnikkavkaza.net/news/Zvezda-TV-channel-about-heroization-of-fascism-in-Armenia.html

Seems Armenia has been actively pushing EU bullshit and glorification of Nazis. Wow. Screw Armenia. I say help Azerbaijan.

Mike,
    When I said "bugger-off" , I really meant it.

Have you looked at the date of the article you posted (November 2017)?
    The current leader (Sargsyan) is a fan of that controversial Armenian historical figure (Garegin Njdeh) who was anti-communist.
    Being anti-communist is not necessarily being Nazi/Fascist.

There is no such thing as Nazi/fascism support stupidity in Armenia. This is no Ukraine or Baltics.

There is no such thing as white or black in Armenian politics. Everything comes in shades of gray. The governments plays politics, the opposition plays politics, the oligarchs play politics, the Russians play their politics etc. etc. eventually, despite all the West's efforts, Armenia stays pro-Russia because there is no other way.

Once again, this is not Ukraine or Baltics. Stop basing your opinions and conclusions on what happened in Ukraine or on some articles here and there.

I am no going to spend my time writing pages to educate you on Armenian politics.
    What you wrote above is sheer stupidity based on your complete lack of knowledge about the situation/politics of Armenia.
    You really want Russia to help its centuries old enemy (Turkey = Azerbaijan) against it's centuries old and most loyal ally (Armenia)?....Pleeeeeeeeaze!

So, once again: bugger off and don't post anything based on your ignorance.

P.S. Sargsyan now has resigned. He shouldn't have gotten himself elected in the first place. Hopefully things will work out fine very quickly.
    par far

Post  par far Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:36 pm

What does this mean for Russia? What will Russia? What about the Russian military bases?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:51 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:http://vestnikkavkaza.net/news/Zvezda-TV-channel-about-heroization-of-fascism-in-Armenia.html

Mike,
    When I said "bugger-off" , I really meant it.

Have you looked at the date of the article you posted (November 2017)?
    The current leader (Sargsyan) is a fan of that controversial Armenian historical figure (Garegin Njdeh) who was anti-communist.
    Being anti-communist is not necessarily being Nazi/Fascist.

There is no such thing as Nazi/fascism support stupidity in Armenia. This is no Ukraine or Baltics.

There is no such thing as white or black in Armenian politics. Everything comes in shades of gray. The governments plays politics, the opposition plays politics, the oligarchs play politics, the Russians play their politics etc. etc. eventually, despite all the West's efforts, Armenia stays pro-Russia because there is no other way.

Once again, this is not Ukraine or Baltics. Stop basing your opinions and conclusions on what happened in Ukraine or on some articles here and there.

I am no going to spend my time writing pages to educate you on Armenian politics.
    What you wrote above is sheer stupidity based on your complete lack of knowledge about the situation/politics of Armenia.
    You really want Russia to help its centuries old enemy (Turkey = Azerbaijan) against it's centuries old and most loyal ally (Armenia)?....Pleeeeeeeeaze!

So, once again: bugger off and don't post anything based on your ignorance.

P.S. Sargsyan now has resigned. He shouldn't have gotten himself elected in the first place. Hopefully things will work out fine very quickly.

The issue is simple, there's a whole generation of leadership in Armenia that is obsolete but holds the economy by its balls. People can't really turn on them so they get to the political system that isn't going to really change.

Actually it is a lot like Ukraine, only in Armenia there's no useful idiots to employ nor a real change to make. Armenia for all purposes is a landlocked country surrounded by basically unsavory partners, which owns much of its salute to Russia. Geopolitically, the Armenians are really at odds with reality, but as we have seen, geopolitical realities often take a back seat when the people perceive their everyday problems to be abysmally hard to go through. I wish the best of luck to the people of Armenia and I hope their just recriminations do not get exploited by neither side.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:21 am

The more strenuously that opaque denials are issued, the more plausible it is that things can and will go south.
    Armenia is not a unique human society. Like all the other ones it can be led around by the nose by a minority.
    And the majority will be blind to it. You can see this in all of NATO, Ukraine, Belorus and yes in Russia as well.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:24 am

I know you don't want us butting into your affairs Armenian, but tell me if this is true:
    https://twitter.com/denis_kolt/status/988515197626339329?s=19

That they want full dissolution of the government so he gets in, right? And this guy is pro US and anti Russian, right?

So if he gets in and the protestors (useless fucks) get their way, then would you blame Russia for turning it's back on the very people who bring in an anti Russian government into power with no votes?

https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/armenia-drone-captures-protest-in-yerevan-as-sargsyan-resigns-from-office/

This Serig guy sounds like a real pos. But the opposition sound worst.
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:33 am

Another sad day for Russia, America wins again Rolling Eyes Russia is so slow in demolishing the USA now it is reaping the results of its carelessness.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:01 am

know you don't want us butting into your affairs Armenian, but tell me if this is true: wrote:
    As you would expect, in this kind of situations all kinds of people emerge. Including stooges paid by their Western masters.

Majority of Armenians are positive about Russia. Most of the protestors have family members working in Russia and sending back money home.
    They just hate Serj (to a degree, I agree with them). Serj is not popular among the population, he should have not gotten himself elected. If he had stayed away, none of these things would have happened.

That they want full dissolution of the government so he gets in, right? And this guy is pro US and anti Russian, right? wrote:
    He is a demagogue, but in reality he is a nobody. I don't think he has a future. He can make demands all day. Population is anti-Serj, but not for a Ukraine-style geopolitical shift.

So if he gets in and the protestors (useless fucks) get their way, then would you blame Russia for turning it's back on the very people who bring in an anti Russian government into power with no votes? wrote:
    Our first president (Levon Ter-Petrossian) was the most anti-Russian and pro-West one. Yet he asked for Russian bases in Armenia. Armenians are wise enough to know that straying away from Russia is nothing short of suicidal. The few clowns that say otherwise are just paid agents and stooges of the various Western NGOs that operate freely in Armenia (thanks to the complimentary politics of Serj).
    Any politician who tries to navigate the country away from Russia will immediately loose credibility amongst the population.
    oh, and by the way, I don't think Russia will turn its back.

In short. I think we will have some rough road ahead but with time all will be fine. Over 3 millennia, us Armenians have survived wars, invasions and genocides. We will survive these times.
    In case I am wrong (and I don't think I am) and somehow pro-West agents take control of Armenia, then you can write-off Armenia as a nation forever. There is no way we can survive without Russia in the troubled Caucasus with Turkey, Azerbaijan, Iran, Kurds and Georgians as neighbors.
    Having said that, there is a pretty good chance that something good will come out of this mess.
    The next few days will be interesting.

This Serig guy sounds like a real pos. But the opposition sound worst. wrote:
    Pretty much.
    Airman
    Airman

2018 Armenian "Velvet" Revolution Empty Armenia civil unrest

Post  Airman Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:27 pm

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Just reminding this.

https://www.nytimes.com/1916/03/06/archives/russians-slaughter-turkish-third-army-give-no-quarter-to-men-held.html
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Instead of worrying about Armenia you guys should be worrying about Belarus and Kazakhstan.

The Belarussian FM was in London making business and investment deals while the Skripal incident was entering full diplomatic swing in mid-March. Lukashenko has recently being decreeing about the need to balance relations between the West and Russia.. a far cry from his earlier claims about Russian-Belarussian undivided brotherhood.

Kazakhstan abstained during the Russian proposed resolution over the alleged chemical attack in Syrian Ghouta (only China and Bolivia voted for it). Today comes news that Kazakhstan has agreed on the use of its Aktau port and and another one, for the use of the US military in transiting cargoes into Afghanistan. We may now see US military chartered supply ships in the Caspian and US personnel in Kazakhstani Caspian ports.

Russia will quite possibly be left with less and less allies in the near future as these various tin-point ex-Soviet dictators run scared of the increasing sanctions that the West is putting on Russia and hedge their bets... but for sure Armenia won't be one of those lost allies.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Agreed. Russia really needs to put pressure on Kazakhstan and Belarus. If they don't budge, start withdrawing investments from them and start hurting them economically. And make it clear that their ass sitting on two seats will cause them to fall.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Uh oh, hey Armenian, it doesn't look like your fellow countrymen are as smart as you:
    https://amp.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=3010834&3010834&3010834=&__twitter_impression=true

Essentially, Armenian Navalny is calling the shots over these protests and states they won't stop protesting till the PM elections happen, and that his demand is that only a politician from the Velvet Revolution should only be participants in said election.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 pm