Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+50
Vann7
GarryB
Rodion_Romanovic
nomadski
ATLASCUB
ultimatewarrior
jhelb
andalusia
JohninMK
ali.a.r
ult
Odin of Ossetia
auslander
Admin
MiamiMachineShop
nero
verkhoturye51
southpark
dino00
George1
Kimppis
Fred333
VARGR198
AbdulhamidtheSecond
kvs
lycantrop
LMFS
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Tsavo Lion
medo
starman
Isos
AlfaT8
Mindstorm
Austin
par far
Regular
higurashihougi
magnumcromagnon
Airman
flamming_python
franco
SeigSoloyvov
Hannibal Barca
BKP
PapaDragon
Walther von Oldenburg
calm
eehnie
54 posters

Syrian War: News #19

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Syrian War: News #19 - Page 15 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #19

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 am

GarryB wrote:
    In 1947, Soviet weapon designer Mikhail Kalashnikov combined the features of the StG-43 with the American M1 Garand rifle to form the Avtomat Kalashnikova—the AK-47. ..

First of all bullshit... everyone knows the M1 Garand is a copy of a much older Russian rifle, and the mechanism of the AK is nothing like the mechanism of either the German rifle or American rip off.

I wonder if it could be chambered for NATO standard 7.62×51mm or AKM/AK-74 7.62x39mm/5.45×39mm ammo. rounds.

It probably could be converted to 7.62x39mm but why bother... the magazines are not long enough so you would also need to convert it to use AK magazines, and the german rifles are bloody heavy and not particularly accurate or reliable... for the money the conversion would cost it would make more sense to smuggle it to the west and sell it for cash and just buy a cheap AK for a fraction of the cost and much better performance in a lighter cheaper weapon.

Of course the anti Assad forces are fine with regards to weapons because they get them supplied by the US, though I have not heard of them using AR-15 type rifles which was developed by a german expert but attributed to an american designer, because AR-15s are notoriously unreliable.

Depends on who manufactures the AR-15, I have seen bad one and good ones. To say all AR-15's are shit shows little knowledge of firearms. Just like I have seen shitty copies of AK's.

The AR-15 is also a civilian rifle, Don't compare it to a weapon meant for military use, that's like saying a Civilian jeep is shit to compared the newest Humvee type.

For AR's all you need is 5.56, 7.62 isn't a good caliber for AR's. For high powered rifles yes, Just because the round is bigger doesn't make it better, depends on the platform.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:08 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Depends on who manufactures the AR-15, I have seen bad one and good ones. To say all AR-15's are shit shows little knowledge of firearms. Just like I have seen shitty copies of AK's.

The AR-15 is also a civilian rifle, Don't compare it to a weapon meant for military use, that's like saying a Civilian jeep is shit to compared the newest Humvee type.

For AR's all you need is 5.56, 7.62 isn't a good caliber for AR's. For high powered rifles yes, Just because the round is bigger doesn't make it better, depends on the platform.
    You still where you were?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:13 pm

AR-15 was designed by ArmaLite, it is the original rifle the colt manufactured M16 is based on.... if they hadn't changed to cheaper standard powder the AR-15 was fine... parts would not have broken and a forward assist mechanism would not have been needed and it would have been a rather good rifle... well it probably would have rusted because it was not issued with a cleaning kit.

But as we know, the government in its wisdom switched to standard propellent which led to a much higher rate of fire and a residue that required serious cleaning to keep the weapon operating properly... which it didn't get... therefore problems.

And the Jeep of any design will always be better than that fuckup called HUMVEE... neither are armoured but one is light and zippy and manouverable... and the other is a humvee... heavy, big, underpowered, and not bullet proof either.

Ironically from what you said... the best AR is the original AR-10 in 7.62x51mm which lost to the M14 because it could not be made in the factories that made the M1 Garand, but in every measure was a much better rifle.

What they should have done was introduce the AR-10 as a "battle rifle", and the AR-15 as an assault rifle/SMG and gotten the best of both weapons with reach and fire power... but hindsight is 20/20.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:24 pm

GarryB wrote:AR-15 was designed by ArmaLite, it is the original rifle the colt manufactured M16 is based on.... if they hadn't changed to cheaper standard powder the AR-15 was fine... parts would not have broken and a forward assist mechanism would not have been needed and it would have been a rather good rifle... well it probably would have rusted because it was not issued with a cleaning kit.

But as we know, the government in its wisdom switched to standard propellent which led to a much higher rate of fire and a residue that required serious cleaning to keep the weapon operating properly... which it didn't get... therefore problems.

And the Jeep of any design will always be better than that fuckup called HUMVEE... neither are armoured but one is light and zippy and manouverable... and the other is a humvee... heavy, big, underpowered, and not bullet proof either.

Ironically from what you said... the best AR is the original AR-10 in 7.62x51mm which lost to the M14 because it could not be made in the factories that made the M1 Garand, but in every measure was a much better rifle.

What they should have done was introduce the AR-10 as a "battle rifle", and the AR-15 as an assault rifle/SMG and gotten the best of both weapons with reach and fire power... but hindsight is 20/20.

1. I know who made it, I own AR-15'S and M-16's, have you ever taken either apart?, I have they are nothing alike. The problem with shity AR-15's isn't the powder it's the overall poor craftsmanship but this is an issue that goes for any gun. Do not try and lecture me on guns, you don't clearly own and have never used.

I have never had an AR jam on me, then again I know how to take care of my stuff and I get the good stuff.

2. There are none armored Humvee and armored ones, Are you that clueless you think all Hum's are unarmored? for real goddam Garry even for you that's bad. The Humvee doesn't need to be fast nor does any vehicle that fills that roll your not going to be going 70 plus MPH in a battle and if it got to the point you need to drive through an Urban area under fire then someone fucked up realllllly bad.

Depends on what kinda bullets you are shooting at it, no vehicle of that size is "Bullet Proof" merely resistant to certain kinds of rounds, it's no different for the Russian Tigr class vehicles, again you know jack shit about the subject you are trying to preach.

3. You will take note, I said "high Powered rifle" This is talking about Sniper like weapons, they have the ability to drive a 7.62 shell accurately, weapons like the AR-10, AK-74 etc do not. Those weapons are very inaccurate due to trying to fire that heavy round and not having the needed, basically bolt action rifles can use 7.62 well most other weapons can't.

AR-15 isn't a short barrel weapon....nor is it an assault Weapon, they could not give it those typings Garry do you now know what defines an assault weapon....? I hope you do but I'll be nice and pretend you do. An assault weapon is a weapon that can fire multi bullets at the pull of a trigger, You se Garry the A5-15 is something called a semi-automatic.

Also the AR-15 would have made a terrible infantry rifle, it's good for civilian use but for combat it falls short.

Now I actually only fire weapons in combat in Semi-Myself, automatic fire at decent range is worthless for a small arm like that. So I have nothing against has you called them BR's but the AR-15 would be a terrible BR.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:31 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

You still where you were?

Well I got a break but yes dealing with an ISIS problem in Deir-Country Side and had to meet with Ruskie Officer that was fun.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:09 am

1. I know who made it, I own AR-15'S and M-16's, have you ever taken either apart?, I have they are nothing alike. The problem with shity AR-15's isn't the powder it's the overall poor craftsmanship but this is an issue that goes for any gun. Do not try and lecture me on guns, you don't clearly own and have never used.

Both models are gay.

I own an M4, but will be handing that in to the police shortly and wont miss it much at all.

I have never had an AR jam on me, then again I know how to take care of my stuff and I get the good stuff.

Yeah, and my Mosin rifle shoots less than 1 MOA out to 600m... as long as I only fire one shot of course.

2. There are none armored Humvee and armored ones, Are you that clueless you think all Hum's are unarmored? for real goddam Garry even for you that's bad. The Humvee doesn't need to be fast nor does any vehicle that fills that roll your not going to be going 70 plus MPH in a battle and if it got to the point you need to drive through an Urban area under fire then someone fucked up realllllly bad.

Blah blah blah... I know the sad sordid story of the Humvee, just like I know the sad sordid story of the Mattel black rifle.

The huge heavy enormous overweight humvees were considered to be armoured by the troops, but combat experience proved them to be not armoured, so they armoured some and they were even worse. In comparison, the Jeeps were not armoured either but you could zip around in them, they were light and moved well and were fun to drive and no one thought they were armoured.

Real people bought jeeps because they were fun to drive and could go all sorts of places other normal cars could not... only total censored showboat wannabes by Humvees.... it is their way of coming out.

3. You will take note, I said "high Powered rifle" This is talking about Sniper like weapons, they have the ability to drive a 7.62 shell accurately, weapons like the AR-10, AK-74 etc do not. Those weapons are very inaccurate due to trying to fire that heavy round and not having the needed, basically bolt action rifles can use 7.62 well most other weapons can't.

Get over yourself... any rifle is defined by the round it fires and by definition any rifle that fires 7.62x51mm ammo is a high power rifle.

AR-15 isn't a short barrel weapon....nor is it an assault Weapon, they could not give it those typings Garry do you now know what defines an assault weapon....?

It is shorter than an FN FAL or a G-3 or an M14, which at the time was the alternative...

The original M16 was not very short either...

I hope you do but I'll be nice and pretend you do. An assault weapon is a weapon that can fire multi bullets at the pull of a trigger, You se Garry the A5-15 is something called a semi-automatic.

Perhaps you are a bit slow on the up take and didn't actually read what I said... perhaps you should reread it?
    The L1A1 British commonwealth production FN FAL was semi auto only except for the LMG models that some countries made and many did not...

Also the AR-15 would have made a terrible infantry rifle, it's good for civilian use but for combat it falls short.

With the proper propellent it could not have been any worse than the M16 managed it was terrible.

Now I actually only fire weapons in combat in Semi-Myself, automatic fire at decent range is worthless for a small arm like that. So I have nothing against has you called them BR's but the AR-15 would be a terrible BR.

Well duh... why make a rabbit gun a battle rifle... that is just stupid.

Do not try and lecture me on guns, you don't clearly own and have never used.

I think it is funny... if I was really lecturing you it would be about you protecting terrorists and supporting your evil empires undemocratic policy of global regime change to make some billionaire in the US even richer, but what would be the point...
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Syrians are getting pissed off of russia's passivity toward Israel. They should have used those stupid S-400 to destroy the f-16 during il-20 destruction and put some sanctions against them.

Very bad move. At this rythm, Syria will be only stones when everything is finished. They will have spent all that money for getting a land of stones and nothing in return they can take.

Btw if you didn't know that yesterday Israel attacked again SAA and probably will attack tonight too. Syrians are also complaining that russia doesn't provide spare parts for their air defences and s-300 still not operational and under russian command.

Syrian Military Capabilities
    @Syrian_MC
    ·
    2h
    Syria as we know it
    Is facing a dangerous situation that’s very very close to the point of no return

Weak in every aspect economy-military-politics etc...
    Even our allies (all of them) are doing nothing, but rather they are enjoying it (all of them) so we will need them more.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:35 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bosni94/status/1117059167196471296

YPG moving destroyed SAA mig-21 to the north for futjre ypg air force. lol1 would be funny targets for su-35 to train against.
    southpark

Post  southpark Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Isos wrote:Syrians are getting pissed off of russia's passivity toward Israel. They should have used those stupid S-400 to destroy the f-16 during il-20 destruction and put some sanctions against them.

Very bad move. At this rythm, Syria will be only stones when everything is finished. They will have spent all that money for getting a land of stones and nothing in return they can take.

Btw if you didn't know that yesterday Israel attacked again SAA and probably will attack tonight too. Syrians are also complaining that russia doesn't provide spare parts for their air defences and s-300 still not operational and under russian command.

@Syrian_MC
    ·
    2h
    Syria as we know it
    Is facing a dangerous situation that’s very very close to the point of no return

Weak in every aspect economy-military-politics etc...
    Even our allies (all of them) are doing nothing, but rather they are enjoying it (all of them) so we will need them more.

As the American saying goes....peace through strength is the only way the world understands otherwise you might as well be a pope. Russian's really do not have a means to win it with force if things get pushed in that area especially Israelis tend to be more offensive than even Americans. Russian's are not interested to head into that direction. They need to get Iraq onboard and get the northern areas and idlib first before reacting to these adhoc nuisance.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:25 am

if things get pushed in that area especially Israelis tend to be more offensive than even Americans.

Oh be fair... both are very offensive... Twisted Evil

Syrians are getting pissed off of russia's passivity toward Israel.

Putin has repeatedly made it clear that this is not about assad, this is about keeping the peace in Syria and letting Syria rebuild... it could be under Assad, but it could equally be under some one else.
    The reason Russia is supporting the Assad government is because the alternative is a thousand little factions who don't fight well together and certainly could not work together to form a working government for Syria.
    That means for Russia a stable assad government is the best option, which is what they are working towards... someone could replace assad if needed... that doesn't matter.

That means Russia is not there to fight Syrias wars and wont fight Turkey or Iraq or Iran or Israel or anyone outside of Syrian territory for Syria.... why should they?

It would not be good for them and it would not be good for Syria either.

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:00 pm

@Syrian_MC
    ·
    40m
    The US Navy aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln entered the Mediterranean Sea couple days ago
    The US deployed more than one battery of THAAD in Israel
    The US recognized the Iranian Forces in Syria as a terrorist organization

All of this support what I’m saying
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:15 am

They won't allow an all out conflict in Syria. They will allow these shitty strikes that end up doing nothing. Hell, Russia suffered worst to Israel's aggression so far with the Il-20 shoot down vs Syria losing a few here and there and empty buildings.

Yeah, I would send Israel a threat too but I'm not in power.

This isn't first time US has sent some floating carrier to Syria's shores. Not last time either.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:02 am

Isos wrote:Syrian Military Capabilities
    @Syrian_MC
    ·
    40m
    The US Navy aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln entered the Mediterranean Sea couple days ago

And Russia openly assisted Benjie in the elections by retrieving that soldiers remains and repatriating them with full honors on live television (those WW2 diggers from Russia are really spreading the knowledge)

They weren't even pretending to be subtle about it, they wanted him in the driver seat

There are far bigger things at play when it comes to Israel for Russia

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 am

PapaDragon wrote:There are far bigger things at play when it comes to Israel for Russia

Like selling Uncle Sams' military secrets.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:00 am

Oriana Pawlyk
    @Oriana0214
    ·
    9h
    #BREAKING. The U.S. Air Force's F-35A has deployed to the Middle East

It looks like they are preparing an attack on Iran. Could be only drama from US.

But ... Maybe Putin planed this. Actually Iran has nothing to do there.

@Syrian_MC
    ·
    13h
    What no one will tell you

Iran wants Russia out of Syria
    And
    Russia wants Iran out of Syria

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:10 am

Isos wrote:Syrian Military Capabilities
    @Syrian_MC
    ·
    40m

If i were to bet.. it looks Americans are preparing to Strike IRAN positions in Syria
    and follow Israel lead and practices.. What will Russia do ?  will not be surprising
    if they use Cruise missile attacks from far distances ... and the goal had to be to humilliate
    Even more Russia.. capabilities to defend its allies..

This is all consequences of a very short sight policy of Putin and its foreign policy .
    big failure with Ukraine ,keeping them under Russia orbit , obviously Russia intelligence failed miserably.. and big failure in preventing Siria conflict , which they could have done if pressured Assad
    to join US orbit.. (so that Russia don't need to protect them).  Hillary CLinton ,the evil women, was personally in Damascus ,giving Assad a last opportunity to surrender their authority to US ,which they could have protected them from Israel.. much more than Russia could.. since US influence Israel. and he said NO ,because could not betray IRAN and Russia.. im sure he will have taken today
    a different decision and negotiate joining NATO for protection from Israel ,had he knew the limited support Russia could offer them..

Imagine you are strong and powerful nation..and you visit Cuba ,and encourage them to challenge
    Americans domination in the zone , but then you leave the place ,leaving Cuba alone to deal with Americans.. This is exactly the policy Soviet Union and Russia today are doing..  They knew that any nation they make an alliance will be a target to hit for Americans and its closest allies.. this is why Yugoeslavia was bombed for being pro Russia.. and still went ahead with those plans...

Later this policies of Russia put at risk , the security of those very same nations , for befriending them.. If Putin had any brains ,as soon he got in power ..after the experience of Yugoeslavia..
    that they did NOTHING.. to save it.. he should have known /understand what Russia limitations are..

he should have warned Siria to become more like Jordan or lebanon, with a neutral policy and even be closer to the west.. if it wants to not suffer the same fate of Yugoeslavia .. ideally Siria will have been far better as a colony of France.. that way neither Americans ,neither Israel will dare to destroy
    their relations with one of their their most important allies in Europe.. and push them away towards Russia..  Had Siria was like Jordan , a neutral nation ,and cooperated with the evil zionazis nations none of this war in Siria will have happened.. because Russia is the real reason Siria is attacked by NATO and not IRAN.  They want Russia out of the middle east ,ending Russia influence there and this is why Siria had to be removed.. because was an asset of Russia.. and Russia needs nothing from Siria..    The same is true about Nicaragua and Venezuela, this are countries that Russia don't need at all , but still they  encourage to fight the Empire..but Russia don't warn them ,that if they get in troubles ,the support of Russia will be very limited...  Russia will love to leave Siria , but can't do it.. it is stuck forever there.. and leaving now to its own luck Syria will end sending a bad signal
    to the world ,that it does not stand to allies.. So putin the moron ,is between a Rock and a wall..
    and only thing they can do is minimize the damages the syrian war will do to Russia economy..
    or even in casualties to Russian soldiers.    the only good thing about Syria conflict is that US
    and NATO major powers were exposed as a terrorist exponsor states ,and that Russia will earn
    a lot of experience its military , dealing with US ,NATO and Israel missiles.. and learn a lot in combat tactics vs Siria.

At this point ,the only option  Russia have to leave Siria ,out of the conflict.. is Convince Assad
    to do a pact with Turkey.. yes as crazy as that sound.. convince Siria to solve their differences
    with Erdogan and become a protector of Turkey.. that way Russia will create a powerful spear
    against Israel in Siria ,the turkey army..  and threaten for real Israel.. and also threaten the alliance between Turkey and US for real..  So this means Turkey becomes the new protector of Siria from US and Israel.. Americans will not dare to bomb Siria if it becomes a major ally with Turkey..
    So this kill 2 birds in one Shot... save Syria from US and Israel.. and then Israel will have a very powerful army with very capable airforce right on its borders they will not like to mess..

Then Russia provide weapons to Turkey and if need a couple a dozen of nuclear weapons to keep in check Israel.. this is how peace will be achieved in the middle east.. This is to put Turkey and Israel
    in a direct confrontation.. lol1 i don't thin Erdogan will want that , but if Russia provide Turkey with Su-35s and endless missiles and bombs ,they will like the idea.. This means Turkey could restore the
    Ottoman Empire they wanted with IRAN support ,and will truly Ruin ,Israel plans of expansion into Siria.. they know Erdogan will not have any tolerance for any aggression on its military and US will have a real big headache in the middle east.. to keep Turkey as ally ,and keep Israel and TUrkey from fighting each other. Cool

Russia limitations should have forced them to focus on defending only Russia main land..and
    keeping at any cost Ukraine and influencing all its border nations... but putin passive political
    reactionary policies.. that waits things to be very bad ,before doing anything..is what have Russia
    in this position..  they waited Siria to lose idlib ,before helping them.. Neutral

and mark my words.. now venezuela is on the hit list.. and next will be Mexico too..
    for showing signs or being  ready for cooperation with Russia.. the scenario i see in mexico
    is through those caravans of migrants.. the CIA can smuggle dozen of thousands paramilitary groups.. that can repeat the war of Nicaragua vs CIA backed death squads ,were "Humanitarian aid convoys" were used as trojan horse to smuggle weapons. US future wars will likely follow Invasions
    of "US paid mercenaries" through nations borders ,acting as civilians looking for freedom.. There have  been cases of violent africans and afgans muslins already trying to enter from Honduras by force into mexico border.. they even broke the glasses of one check point ,threatening to fight Mexican Police if they don't allowed to enter in mexico.. So those caravans of "migrants" ,invasions through borders are far from over. They are quite clever way ,to destebilize nations if you recruit and train many thousands of them.. and help them to get weapons.

in more news..
    US backs down on their sanctions on Turkey.. lol1
    https://sputniknews.com/world/201904161074171358-s-400-turkey-trump/

It shows how much Americans needs Turkey (to contain Russia in the black sea in case of WW3)
    So that Russia don't have free access to Mediterranean sea and can't target US military bases in Italy from Black Sea.. So this is why Russia needs to break down that alliance. Uniting Syria and Turkey ,
    in an alliance ,with Russia full weapons and modern combat planes support ,will be a check mate move against NATO.. and a check mate for kurds too . It will also allow Turkey to become the major spear of Russia against Israel .and make it impossible for Netanyahu to defend properly its occupied territory.. with a strong Turkey-Syria-Jordan-IRAN-IRAQ alliance with Russia providing weapons to them against US and Israel. .will be the end of US influence in middle east.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:04 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:There are far bigger things at play when it comes to Israel for Russia

Like selling Uncle Sams' military secrets.

Whatever works, business is business

Isos wrote:

Oriana Pawlyk
    @Oriana0214
    ·
    9h
    #BREAKING. The U.S. Air Force's F-35A has deployed to the Middle East

It looks like they are preparing an attack on Iran. Could be only drama from US.

But ... Maybe Putin planed this. Actually Iran has nothing to do there.

@Syrian_MC
    ·
    13h
    What no one will tell you

Iran wants Russia out of Syria
    And
    Russia wants Iran out of Syria

Wouldn't be surprised, Russia wants all the primo real estate in Syria in quiet environment and doesn't want to share with someone who is hell bent on making environment opposite of quiet
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Lol. Syrian MC has been a blow hard selling BS like some people on here do.

Iran is part of the trigroup who are working to resolve Syria and has more dog in this system than US. They can station F-35 but they won't attack Iran. We are talking about the nation that hacked a stealthy (stealthier than F-35) drone and landed it in Iran with a P18 radar.

It's nothing really but hot air. Just go back quite a few pages and people predicted some sort of imminent attack last time US pulled this
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Lol. Syrian MC has been a blow hard selling BS like some people on here do.

Iran is part of the trigroup who are working to resolve Syria and has more dog in this system than US.  They can station F-35 but they won't attack Iran. We are talking about the nation that hacked a stealthy (stealthier than F-35) drone and landed it in Iran with a P18 radar.

It's nothing really but hot air. Just go back quite a few pages and people predicted some sort of imminent attack last time US pulled this

Yeah but this time we are talking about iran in syria and israel already hit them without russia doing anything. I doubt they will act if it is Israel + USA.

Maybe its gonna be just a big attack against iranian BM. If they have deployed two THAAD there it means iran have send huge amount of ballistic missiles and israel can't do anything alone. So there will be a massive launch from iranians against israel for sure if they dare to attack.

IMO iran didn't answered to israeli attacks only because it wasn't doing anything yo the shipment of their ballistical missiles. Now they have enough to damage israel strongly. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those missiles can carry chemical/bacteriogical warheads as a counter to their nuclear jerichos.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Like I said, won't happen. BTW, those F-35s are going to UAE base so there is that. They will continue to do same stupid type of strikes from Lebanese airspace against Iranian targets and that will be it. US sends and brings back a carrier to/from MED sea about every couple of months.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:29 pm

If the rules of engagement does not allow Russia to strike back at usraeli or yank target . Then this is their decision . The Syrian  have a free hand . They can hit back . Yet the Russians may advise against this . Allowing Syria only to act defensively.  By targeting  incoming missiles.  The Iranians can do the same . If they can . But since volume of attack is low , using missiles with limited payload . No bombers . Then simply putting stuff in bunkers may be enough of a defence . More costly for them .

If attacks are heavy . Using bombers and aircraft . Then damage will be great . Simple defense not enough . In this case attack . Many targets there . Syria decides and has fire control . Iran can help Syria , to build some missiles . I think Syria can use a nuclear power station . Underground . A small one

Edit : post strike of facility in Syria by USraeli high speed missile ! Shows two or three lightly constructed buildings , most probably wood and corrugated metal roof , being " destroyed " .  The photo shows no crater of  strike . The debris scatter is almost entirely within footprint of building . Nearby lightly constructed buildings not damaged by blast.  Conclusion :  The faster you travel , the lighter the load you carry . Deep underground facility will be safe  . Pathetic strike .

https://southfront.org/satellite-images-aftermanth-of-israeli-strikes-on-syrias-northern-hama/
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:16 pm

ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    ·
    1h
    #UPDATE: USAF warplanes entered skies over southern Raqqa and are simulated mock raids on Syrian Army positions as they advance, no clashes so far

ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    ·
    1h
    #BREAKING: Military sources: Syrian Arab Army under cover of Russia and Syrian warplanes advanced northwards a number of km in Raqqa (they entered US & SDF-held territory south of Tabqa)
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 pm

To be continued. But it seems that Idlib operation is going to start soon. Maybe retake every Syria, even eastern with help of Turkey. Who knows what agreement have been made. Turkey can easily sell those terrorist to Russia if russia removes any hope for Kurdistan to exist.

@Syrian_MC
    Finally
    The call has been made
    The days of shelling the Syrian coast are numbered.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:03 am

Isos wrote:To be continued. But it seems that Idlib operation is going to start soon. Maybe retake every Syria, even eastern with help of Turkey. Who knows what agreement have been made. Turkey can easily sell those terrorist to Russia if russia removes any hope for Kurdistan to exist.

@Syrian_MC
    Finally
    The call has been made
    The days of shelling the Syrian coast are numbered.

People seem to forget we pretty much own the Kurds, what is Russia going to do attack United States forces, no they aren't.

Only way Assad is getting those areas back is if we let him.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:01 am

And how much of your money is going in to rebuilding the area of Syria you hold... as things get better in other parts of Syria, how long will the people in the parts you hold going to be happy living in rubble amongst dead relatives corpses.

This issue of Iranian oil exports is coming to a head... so if conflict does not start there it will likely start somewhere else where Iran could justify attacks on Kurdish terrorists on their border and ask Russia and Syria and Iraq for help in dealing with these criminals.

Trump already said the US was getting out of Syria, so the Kurds know when you leave it will be suddenly... they will have Assad and Turkey and Iran wanting them dead and Russia acting as negotiator wanting some compromise with Kurdish autonomy that they might convince Turkey and Syria and Iran to go along with... or they might just enjoy the show... how many of your NATO Turkish allies are you prepared to kill personally?

Obviously you would be happy to slaughter Iranians and Syrians... that is a proven fact... not specifically you but your government...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 am