Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

4 posters

Sudan Armed Forces

George1
    George1

Sudan Armed Forces Empty Re: Sudan Armed Forces

Post  George1 Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:06 pm

Sudan has acquired Chinese FTC-2000 combat training aircraft

Sudan Armed Forces 2016-11-06-Airshow-China-2016-le-Soudan-ach%C3%A8te-six-FTC-2000-06

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2235067.html

zardof likes this post

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Sudan Armed Forces Empty Sudan has acquired Chinese FTC-2000 combat training aircraft

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Nice dress-up for the Ol'21.

Sudan being a Chinese client, this makes a lot more sense than offloading the FC-1 outright.
    George1
    George1

Sudan Armed Forces Empty Sudan Armed Forces

Post  George1 Wed May 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Sudan receives Chinese combat training aircraft FTC-2000

The Ministry of Defense of the Sudan reported on May 16, 2018 that it received Chinese FTC-2000 training aircraft. Judging by the published pictures on which FTC-2000 aircraft with Sudanian airborne numbers from "1201" to "1206" appear, the Sudanese Air Force received all six aircraft of this type ordered under the 2016 contract. Sudan became the first foreign customer of the FTC-2000 aircraft, which is an export version of the Chinese supersonic military training aircraft JL-9.

Sudan Armed Forces 5468289_original

The JL-9 airplane (FTC-2000 AJT) was developed and manufactured by the Chinese aircraft manufacturer Guizhou Aircraft Industry Corporation (GAIC, Guiyang, Guizhou Province), a part of the Chinese state aircraft corporation AVIC, being in essence the further development of the JJ- 7 - training version of the J-7 fighter (MiG-21 manufactured in China), MiG-21U analogs. The serial issue of JL-9 for the Air Force and the Navy of the PLA has been underway since 2011.

The ceremony of rolling out the first FTC-2000 aircraft built for Sudan was held at the GAIC enterprise in Guiyang on June 5, 2017.

Sudan Armed Forces 5468786_original

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3200856.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:21 am

Sudanese Air Force is considering the purchase of Su-30/35 fighter jets

According to Alan Warnes in the article “IDEX 2019: Sudan adapts to Western allies over Yemen,” published by Shephardmedia, the Sudanese Air Force is equipping Western-made Su-24M front-line bombers with respondents to interact with anti-Hussite coalition planes.

According to Sudan Air Force Commander Lieutenant General Salah Eldin Abdelkhaliq Saeed, the Sudan Air Force has four Su-24Ms based at Saudi Khamis Mushayet Air Base, and after installing the defendants, these aircraft will be able to interact with foreign aviation technicians, including AEWO aircraft. Sudan participates in a coalition since March 2015, and in addition to airplanes, Sudan sent ground troops to Yemen.

According to the commander in chief, the Su-24M is used for reconnaissance; the daily flight time is up to 10 hours in order to monitor the unnamed sector. The image is transmitted using a data exchange system that is installed on all aircraft of the Sudan Air Force. In order to work out the interaction, the Air Force of Sudan and Saudi Arabia took part in the Blue Shield exercise held in April 2017. They were attended by 450 Air Force soldiers, MiG-29 fighters, Su-24M bombers, Su-25 attack planes and Mi-17 helicopters. Saudi Arabia was represented by 250 troops, F-15S and Typhoon fighters.

The commander said that they had learned a lot, the rules for conducting air combat were changed, and all the doctrines were revised in order to match their modern threats. The Sudanese Air Force also trained in direct support of the troops, studied tactics of reducing collateral damage, which led to the purchase of precision weapons. During reconnaissance flights, Air Force personnel studied the issues of target analysis and became an element of the entire hierarchy aimed at destroying the target.

He also confirmed that the Sudanese Air Force was exploiting Chinese CH-3U UAVs, according to him, the Sudanese had no choice because of the sanctions. Chinese drones are not the most perfect, but the Chinese have tried to help Sudan. Last year, six FTC-2000 combat trainers were also received.

According to him, Sudan is considering the possibility of purchasing Su-30/35 fighters, but everything depends on the state of the budget. Sudan would like to work with the West, but cannot do this because of the sanctions.

Sudanese aircraft factory SAFAT Aviation Complex manufactures SAFAT-02 helicopters and training aircraft (SAFAT-03). Three TCBs have already been delivered to the Air Force Academy, and they will replace Nanchang PT-6 TCBs. SAFAT-02 helicopters have not yet entered service, but the Air Force plans to purchase 15 units to replace Mi-2 helicopters.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3537594.html
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Sudan Armed Forces Empty wheeled armoured vehicles

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:33 pm

sudan now producing the Shareef-3 not a bad upgrade for old BTR-70 and would be useful as a fire support for the shareef-1&2 basically a faster and fully amphious bmp-1 lol. for info the following is what Shareef-1 and 2 are see below.

shareef-1 BTR-80A that has a two-person turret armed with a stabilised 30 mm 2A42 dual feed cannon and 7.62 mm coaxial MG. basically a BTR-82 upgrade

shareef-2 a 6x6 copy of the chinese type 92 (zsl92) i believe to be armed with 30mm gun and 7.62mm machine gun.

shareef-3 is a BTR-70 with new better engines, has rails to carry sagger (9M14 Malyutka/AT-3) and the turret from a BMP-1 so 73mm gun and 7.62mm.

Sudan Armed Forces P1736510

https://www.janes.com/article/87227/sudan-reveals-shareef-3-upgrade-to-btr-70
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 am

I suspect you mean the shareef-1 is a BTR-82 like upgrade, not an upgrade of a BTR-82...

Interesting they are following Russian practice and including an automatic cannon with a heavier low pressure cannon to combine high velocity light shells, with lower velocity heavy HE rounds.

Personally I would have put a Vasilek 82mm mortar with a belt feed instead of a clip feed instead of the 73mm weapon... the former has better range and a better rate of fire if you want to use that, but automatic ammo handling means the gunner is the gunner and not the gunner/loader.

You should be able to make a BMP-3 like turret arrangement for the ammo as the smaller ammo would require less space... which the BTR has... ie a BMP-3 turret would offer the best of both worlds but the turret would probably be too big an heavy and expensive... a lighter smaller turret with just an 82mm weapon would be smaller and cheaper and lighter and still rather effective I would think.

In fact you could use it as a mortar carrier and have extra ammo in the rear too.

To be honest... I would not keep the BTR-70s with their twin engines and funky transmissions... I would just go for the BTR-80 arrangement with one bigger engine and a much simpler transmission...
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:00 am

GarryB wrote:I suspect you mean the shareef-1 is a BTR-82 like upgrade, not an upgrade of a BTR-82...

Interesting they are following Russian practice and including an automatic cannon with a heavier low pressure cannon to combine high velocity light shells, with lower velocity heavy HE rounds.

Personally I would have put a Vasilek 82mm mortar with a belt feed instead of a clip feed instead of the 73mm weapon... the former has better range and a better rate of fire if you want to use that, but automatic ammo handling means the gunner is the gunner and not the gunner/loader.

You should be able to make a BMP-3 like turret arrangement for the ammo as the smaller ammo would require less space... which the BTR has... ie a BMP-3 turret would offer the best of both worlds but the turret would probably be too big an heavy and expensive... a lighter smaller turret with just an 82mm weapon would be smaller and cheaper and lighter and still rather effective I would think.

In fact you could use it as a mortar carrier and have extra ammo in the rear too.

To be honest... I would not keep the BTR-70s with their twin engines and funky transmissions... I would just go for the BTR-80 arrangement with one bigger engine and a much simpler transmission...

hi yes forgot the put the word type so would read btr -82 type upgrade not meaning it was an improvement of 82. Actually 82mm auto mortar would be great would allow two functions anti armour and indirect fire and i still keep a 7.62mm to take out single troops. I suspect that they were maybe using what they had in stock or were offered cheaply. Years ago a prototype of a BTR with a 85mm anti tank gun mount in a turret was done but never went into production. The Cubans mounted T-55 turret on the BTR-60 which wasnt bad but the turret in my eyes was too heavy for such a vehicle. but i dont know exact weights but id imagine the bmp-3 turret would have been lighter than the T-55 turret. People might argue that having ATGW mounted on a BTR along with a 30mm gun is better. but it boils down to budget and use. ATGW are more expensive than a conventional gun round. The cubans have mounted all kinds of guns anti tank/artillery on vehicles and even anti aircraft guns (57mm/85mm/100mm) on to vehicles to be used as direct and indirect fire support i suppose in their case making use of equipment they already had to be more effective by changing its role. North koreans did pretty much the same using the 57mm/37mm guns and a pretty impressive m-46 mounted within a turret and mounted and a tracked vehicle. ANd as i said previously its very likely that they will deploy the shareef-3 within a mix of shareef-1/2 and used as a fire support vehicle.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 am