Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Share
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2607
    Points : 2645
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  franco on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:17 am

    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:I don't get the major channels, so saw a little bit about this on my evening news.

    Came here to get more news!!

    Basically, from what i can judge. Turkish Millitary committed to a serious coup with a lot of diverse millitary units ranging from combat helicopters, f-16's, modern battle-tanks, infantry, APC's etc etc.

    So far the coup forces done a good job at seizing strategic targets, on the bad side.....Erdogan called on people to take to the streets and resist the millitary. basically throwing civilians against the millitary that resulted in death's already.



    Senior Military officers appear to be with Erdogen. This is very much up in the air still I'm afraid.
    avatar
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 892
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 22
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:17 am

    avatar
    Cowboy's daughter

    Posts : 1168
    Points : 1207
    Join date : 2015-04-24
    Location : Texas

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Cowboy's daughter on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:20 am

    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:I don't get the major channels, so saw a little bit about this on my evening news.

    Came here to get more news!!

    Basically, from what i can judge. Turkish Millitary committed to a serious coup with a lot of diverse millitary units ranging from combat helicopters, f-16's, modern battle-tanks, infantry, APC's etc etc.

    So far the coup forces done a good job at seizing strategic targets, on the bad side.....Erdogan called on people to take to the streets and resist the millitary. basically throwing civilians against the millitary that resulted in death's already.


    Thank you!!


    Vann7

    Posts : 3471
    Points : 3583
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Vann7 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:20 am

    Cowboy's daughter wrote:I don't get the major channels, so saw a little bit about this on my evening news.

    Came here to get more news!!


    SPutnik.com is the one with more updates..

    The coup is turning into a full scale civil war now..  Shocked


    MIltary versus Police.. Tanks shooting at civilians on the streets..
    F-16 combat jet with the rebel military .shoot down an hellicopter.  Shocked
    Tanks opening fire at Erdogan loyal media buildings and Government parliament.

    and there is a Lot of Russian citizens there. is a full scale war now between Pro Erdogan
    citizens and some loyal forces and pro Rebel Military coup..

    and this can go from bad to worse.. you still have the Kurds that will love to take advantage
    of the situation and start a war , then you have Alqaeda and ISIS.. inside Turkey that the cia
    can use to help the coup against Erdogan.

    Erdogan government now claims took control of the government.
    and pro Erdogan F-16 jet ,shoot down an pro Military rebels hellicopter.

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160716/1043083925/turkey-f16-helicopter-civilians-coup.html

    Erdogan seems to have a strong support of people in the streets.



    Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

    Resistance

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Resistance on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:25 am

    Erdogan is an Islamist and he backs rebels in Syria to kill Russians. The sooner Erdogan dies, the better it is for Russia.
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2187
    Points : 3077
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:26 am

    17 police reported killed by that helicopter attack. AFP


    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov

    Resistance

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Resistance on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:30 am

    Turkish military pulling out of Iraq and sealing the border with Syria. Now is the time for SAA to attack and take back their country from Uyghurs.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5432
    Points : 5536
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:32 am


    I just saw on TV what looked like aircraft (helo most likely) opening fire on people standing on the highway. Holy crap this is some heavy stuff. affraid

    Turkish army plays for keeps. Our guys refused to use tear gas back in 99 let alone something actually containing gunpowder.
    avatar
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 892
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 22
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:33 am

    It seems police are very loyal to Erdogan, potentially where the majority of clashes are stemming from.
    avatar
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 892
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 22
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:34 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    I just saw on TV what looked like aircraft (helo most likely) opening fire on people standing on the highway. Holy crap this is some heavy stuff. affraid

    Turkish army plays for keeps. Our guys refused to use tear gas back in 99 let alone something actually containing gunpowder.

    See above Twitter link mate.
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 795
    Points : 813
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:37 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

    mate, you are fucking killing me!!....

    FWIW I don't see this coup as having a "Made in Uh'Murikkka" sticker. The Turk military has had a long history as the guardians of Kemal Attaurks legacy of Turkey being a secular country, and the rise of Erdogans Islamist-lite AKP has always resulted in lingering doubts as to how much the military will tolerate, and i guess now we know the extent of that tolerance. Erdogen has purged the military command of senior officers who are not his lapdogs, deliberately threw the truce with the Turkish Kurds under the bus as part of his power-seeking gambits, has openly supported ISIS, profited personally from the illicit oil trade, directly aided and assisted AQ affiliated groups and Saudi/GCC-backed jihadi terror groups, has picked a fight with the Su-24 downing but then backed away like a coward after biting off more than he could chew (& lost Turkey significant credability within NATO), and now his support for terrorists has resulted in deadly attack in Ankara.

    Dogturd isn't having the best of times.... Laughing
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:37 am

    Turkish soldiers arrested by police...
    https://twitter.com/agirecudi/status/754096806053699592


    Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:I don't get the major channels, so saw a little bit about this on my evening news.

    Came here to get more news!!

    Basically, from what i can judge. Turkish Millitary committed to a serious coup with a lot of diverse millitary units ranging from combat helicopters, f-16's, modern battle-tanks, infantry, APC's etc etc.

    So far the coup forces done a good job at seizing strategic targets, on the bad side.....Erdogan called on people to take to the streets and resist the millitary. basically throwing civilians against the millitary that resulted in death's already.


    Thank you!!


    you got more then thousand posts i never saw one? What a Face ytou blocked me or remove right after posting?
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2187
    Points : 3077
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:39 am

    OminousSpudd wrote:It seems police are very loyal to Erdogan, potentially where the majority of clashes are stemming from.

    The two sites of bloodshed were at the Police Special Forces HQ and the National Intelligence HQ. These are key organs of control Erdogan established to maintain power.


    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:43 am











    Big_Gazza wrote:

    FWIW I don't see this coup as having a "Made in Uh'Murikkka" sticker.  The Turk military has had a long history as the guardians of Kemal Attaurks legacy of Turkey being a secular country, and the rise of Erdogans Islamist-lite AKP has always resulted in lingering doubts as to how much the military will tolerate, and i guess now we know the extent of that tolerance.  Erdogen has purged the military command of senior officers who are not his lapdogs, deliberately threw the truce with the Turkish Kurds under the bus as part of his power-seeking gambits, has openly supported ISIS, profited personally from the illicit oil trade, directly aided and assisted AQ affiliated groups and Saudi/GCC-backed jihadi terror groups,

    and right afer attempt of resuming Russo-Turkish cooperation they started? do not believe in such coincidence


    Big_Gazza wrote:
    has picked a fight with the Su-24 downing but then backed away like a coward after biting off more than he could chew (& lost Turkey significant credability within NATO), and now his support for terrorists has resulted in deadly attack in Ankara.

    Dogturd isn't having the best of times.... Laughing

    Credibility ion NATO? so you believe this is not bunch of US henchmen to obey orders not to discuss? since US ordered or at least approved  su-24 shoot down how Turks can loose credibility ? credibility is lost when they wanted to build gas pipe against US interests.


    Last edited by GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    OminousSpudd

    Posts : 892
    Points : 909
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 22
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  OminousSpudd on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:47 am





    Not sure if a minor slowdown, or an actual stall in momentum.
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2187
    Points : 3077
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:47 am

    No more conspiracy talk, discuss news only here.


    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov
    avatar
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 964
    Points : 1128
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:48 am

    reports already coming in that many army soldiers have been arrested by the police and civilians and stating the coup has been stopped. That was quick
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:50 am

    Vladimir79 wrote:No more conspiracy talk, discuss news only here.




    Erdogan reportedly made the "anti coup speech" from Iran, not Turkey. Seen many reports that his jet landed in Iran.


    if true then US must be behind coup Twisted Evil


    https://twitter.com/agirecudi/status/754098413743009792

    Vann7

    Posts : 3471
    Points : 3583
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Vann7 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:50 am


    Rebel military attack helicopter firing on civilians and police..




    Police is with Erdogan..
    and according to Erdogan ,only a small group of military rebelled against him.
    One F-16 at least pro Erdogan is bombing at the Rebel military tanks and hellicopters.
    avatar
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 964
    Points : 1128
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:51 am

    the parliament building has now been bombed

    https://www.rt.com/news/351425-ankara-parliament-bomb-dropped/

    Resistance

    Posts : 321
    Points : 327
    Join date : 2016-06-15

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Resistance on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:52 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Vladimir79 wrote:No more conspiracy talk, discuss news only here.




    Erdogan reportedly made the "anti coup speech" from Iran, not Turkey. Seen many reports that his jet landed in Iran.


    if true then US must be behind coup  Twisted Evil


    https://twitter.com/agirecudi/status/754098413743009792

    Fake. Erdogan is Sunni Islamist. Iran would never let him land.
    avatar
    Vladimir79

    Posts : 2187
    Points : 3077
    Join date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Vladimir79 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:53 am

    Parliament has been siezed after tank assault.


    _________________
    The true value of life knows only the paratrooper. For he is more likely to look death in the eye.  -- Vasily Margelov
    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1491
    Points : 1521
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Zivo on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:54 am

    Nothing is certain. There are reports directly contradicting each other, so speculation isn't worth shit at this time as there are very few clear facts.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:55 am

    Mosques in Turkey "calling for jihad" in favour of Erdogan

    https://twitter.com/agirecudi/status/754095887526170624






    Resistance wrote:


    Fake. Erdogan is Sunni Islamist. Iran would never let him land.

    if you want to save your ass enemy of your enemy is your best pal...
    avatar
    d_taddei2

    Posts : 964
    Points : 1128
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:55 am

    i have a feeling that this coup will be short lived it seems the people dont want it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Military coup attempt in Turkey. Events and Aftermatch

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 pm