Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
The Ottoman
archangelski
jhelb
GarryB
sepheronx
Kadmos45
Kazaak
medo
Solncepek
SeigSoloyvov
par far
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
zorobabel
Zivo
d_taddei2
Big_Gazza
Resistance
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Werewolf
ahmedfire
George1
franco
Admin
Regular
JohninMK
Rodinazombie
Airbornewolf
VARGR198
PapaDragon
sweartome123
KoTeMoRe
Vann7
Hannibal Barca
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
41 posters

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Admin
    Admin

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 2 Empty Re: Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  Admin Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:40 pm

It was only 5 years overdue. Bye Bye Erdogan! lol!
    Rodinazombie

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 2 Empty Re: Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:43 pm

VARGR198 wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:Erdogan just made a statement calling the turkish people to come out on the streets and congregate on public squares etc to block the coupists, he said 'let them do what they will on the public squares'

That sounds pretty damn desperate to me...

Thats what the analysts on Sky News stated. He is clearly holed up in a hotel somewhere and has no control calling on the general public as a last final desperate attempt to regain control.

He apparently made his statement on CNN Turkey, rather than on state tv, so the gov dont even have access to their own media outlets.

I wonder if he has ever looked at house prices in rostov?

Last edited by Rodinazombie on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:43 pm

VARGR198 wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:Erdogan just made a statement calling the turkish people to come out on the streets and congregate on public squares etc to block the coupists, he said 'let them do what they will on the public squares'

Thats what the analysts on Sky News stated. He is clearly holed up in a hotel somewhere and has no control calling on the general public as a last final desperate attempt to regain control.

when you publicly to the international media state and encourage your own people to fight the military. its not only insane but also absolute desperation.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:44 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:
    VARGR198 wrote:

He apparently made his statement on CNN Turkey, rather than on state tv, so the gov dont even have access to their own media outlets.

and on skype Smile

https://twitter.com/hsynkzn/status/754065116870631424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 pm

according to RT just now, Erdie requested Asylum in Germany!!.

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:48 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:according to RT just now, Erdie requested Asylum in Germany!!.

lol! lol! lol!

real desperation would be if he´d requested in Armenia Smile
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:50 pm

Alleged 2016 military coup attempt in Turkey - Page 2 Cnb7w0gWEAAAnft
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:00 am

He is ruler for so long and a popular one. If he survive until morning then I bet on him, if not then I wish he stays alive. This was a great chance for Greece but unfortunately we have this leftist scum on power and a pro american to the bone opposition Sad
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:02 am

Seeing various reports that the coup people are followers of this Turkish leader;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fethullah_G%C3%BClen
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:09 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    VARGR198 wrote:

and on skype Smile

https://twitter.com/hsynkzn/status/754065116870631424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The Military Coup forces seized the government TV station in Ankara a couple of hours ago. They have since broadcast their own message on for people to stay off the streets (according to Sky News).
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:11 am

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:11 am

A presidential source has said: “This is a coup attempt by the Gulen movement, at which several known Gulenists hinted in recent months. The perpetrators have violated the chain in command.”
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:19 am

I know this will happen , i just was waiting that moment ,

erdogan made everyone his enemy , Russia , Iraq ,Egypt ,Syria , Iran , greece and even israel !!

he helped terrorists in libya and syria with everything , how many people were killed because of him ,

i'm just happy now Twisted Evil
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:36 am

There is still a lot of confusion and tensions..

One tank with soldiers was cheered for example by many cars and people ,but suddenly
    came a gang and beaten the hell of him.. i though he was going to be lynched ,but
    others came to his help and managed to peacefully stop the fight and allow the tank to continue.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1MYxNzbpwjVxw

So the revolution can change at any time by a counter revolution.

Update..
    well ,really bad news.. The new military coup apparently is lead by the worse possible
    replacement a Turkey radical muslin cleric that is under the protection of Americans for a long time living in United States. it looks like a CIA lead Coup , so no good news for Russia.

But there is a potential mess to happen now , because people are moving to the streets
    to reverse the coup . there are police arresting military.. lol  but Turkey military chief of staff
    was killed. So it will be a long night it seems.

If Erdogan recover power ,it will be really bad news ,terrible news for Americans..
    because Erdogan knows who is behind the coup , the muslin cleric that is under protection
    in United States .

The military coup talks about freedom ,human rights and restoring good relations with the world , but if the muslin cleric is behind the coup , forget about any democracy , and what will come
    is a sharia law state like saudi Arabia.

I know this will happen , i just was waiting that moment ,

erdogan made everyone his enemy , Russia , Iraq ,Egypt ,Syria , Iran , greece and even israel !!

he helped terrorists in libya and syria with everything , how many people were killed because of him ,

i'm just happy now Twisted Evil

Don't be happy yet.. because if the rumours are true.. that Erdogan biggest enemy ,backed by americans come is behind it.. the you will see an even more hostile government to Russia and Syria. that will be very close to ISIS and Alqaeda.

but is not official yet this info.

So we could be witnessing a fight between 2 terrorist leaders. One that is distancing from Americans policies in middle east ,ISIS and Alqaeda.. only because is losing money (that is Erdogan) and another that have been living in United States under the protection of Americans for a decade and trained to rule turkey and installing a new islamic caliphate state.

So it looks like a re-run of the Egypt revolution , that the military lead by americans take
    control of the country and install Mubarak..

I just wonder how can Poroshenko not see ,that if erdogan is betrayed by his American friends..then he can too be betrayed.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:57 am; edited 4 times in total
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:43 am

exactly, according to reports the armoured Tank Units going to Turkish Parliament do not take kindly to resistance. they ran over cars from erdogan supporters that blocked the road and accompanying infantry fired warning shots against "protestors" to stay away from the tanks themselves.
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:48 am

If Erdogan survive East immediately remain the sole superpower in middle East. Expect Saudis to collapse soon and then similar pictures come from Washington DC as zionists bite dust.
    If the coup succeed then expect the same just a little later. This is a war in a NATO country after all, neo-cons lose power big time.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:52 am

And what Israel/US puppet comes after that maniac?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:54 am

The government says this is just a small fringe of the military but they have F-16s, Super Cobras and Tanks attacking pro-government positions. It doesn't seem so fringe.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:58 am

I think its too early to judge after-coup developments even if it is successful
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:58 am

Vladimir79 wrote:The government says this is just a small fringe of the military but they have F-16s, Super Cobras and Tanks attacking pro-government positions.  It doesn't seem so fringe.

my toughts exaclty, and so far i've seen the turkish upgraded Sabra tanks taking to the streets together what seems to be Leo-1's.

they are comprised of so much varied units its really an large scale coup and not just some units.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:59 am

All is good... until we see who he is replaced by.

At the moment we can't say yea or nay I'm afraid.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:01 am

I think we can say Edogan has lost control at the very least as he hides in his bunker begging for asylum in Germany.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:04 am

Rebel military Tanks are now opening fire ,on Turkey parliament building. Shocked

This looks like will be a full scale civil war. Imagine how idiotic the Russian tourist
    will look now ,for moving to Turkey so soon ,when there was so much unrest.

Whatever it happens. It pretty much looks like the fate of Turkey will be doomed.
    Because if Erdogan retakes power , Americans will never stop trying overthrowing him ,
    and if the rebel military takes power , a new Fanatical islamic state will seize power..
    (if rumours are true).

So we are speaking here something of the life of Egypt Revolution.. where americans overthrow one dictator and replace it for another.. but the new mubarak president and remove it for sisi.
    but it will be even worse.. because it will also have Kurds , fighting the military too .and Russia and IRAn but also Europe can backup them.

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:05 am

I don't get the major channels, so saw a little bit about this on my evening news.

Came here to get more news!!
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:14 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:I don't get the major channels, so saw a little bit about this on my evening news.

Came here to get more news!!

Basically, from what i can judge. Turkish Millitary committed to a serious coup with a lot of diverse millitary units ranging from combat helicopters, f-16's, modern battle-tanks, infantry, APC's etc etc.

So far the coup forces done a good job at seizing strategic targets, on the bad side.....Erdogan called on people to take to the streets and resist the millitary. basically throwing civilians against the millitary that resulted in death's already.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:22 pm