Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Share

    Poll

    Is China a global superpower?

    [ 2 ]
    40% [40%] 
    [ 3 ]
    60% [60%] 

    Total Votes: 5

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  nemrod on Wed May 14, 2014 1:59 pm

    Many persons use to think that chinese technology is far behind russian regarding fighters, commercial aircrafts, Surface to Air Missiles, tanks, navy vessels etc....
    Indeed, if we take a look about chinese hardwares from the J-5, until J-16, including their awacs all are russian/soviet cloones. Maybe J-10 excepted because, it is very well known that the J-10 was in fact a clone israeli Lavy, except for his jet powerplant where China still rely on Russia with tumanski. But things are changing and very quickly.
    Most of the fighters fleet's projects were launched in the mid 2000's, where China's economy was at the best the third from US economy, and certainly the half or Russia's economy. Then, at this time China lacked money, and simply could not afford to implement projects, as these projects ask substancials resources that China had not in that time.
    However, nowadays China's GDP -as westerns forecasts- will surpass US's GDP during this year. The reality, China's GDP surpassed US's GDP a few years ago. Hence they have very more ressources, huge amount of money availlable meanwhile western countries are in a deep depression.

    Here is one of the result, China is becoming the first regarding tool manchines production far ahead Japan, and Germany. As China became the first world market.

    However far to be the first exporters, and far behind Japan, Germany and Switzerland, nowadays, but thinks will change more quickly than anyone could expected.

    As you can read in this following link, it arise great concerns even by Japan.

    Barring any major unexpected events, China is almost certain to become world leader in machine tools production in the near future.

    http://www.nippon.com/en/currents/d00007/

    Machine tools as you can easily understand are the most strategic area where country could become superpower.


    Concerning the super computer, Chinese 100% indigenous hardware is now at 40th in the top500.org.
    http://top500.org/system/177447#.U3NRmW34IUM

    Things will change quickly too in this area. In the eve of the next decades China will overpass every western hardware either in aircrafts, satelites -beidu, chinese indegenous GPS-or in the navy. The next decade we will see China and US in the top of the world hardware, however, after 2030, India will become the main chinese chalengers, as the two countries have both enourmous  assets.
    Hence China, and India will become the majors armies in the world in the next future.


    Last edited by nemrod on Wed May 14, 2014 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  macedonian on Wed May 14, 2014 3:40 pm

    nemrod wrote:Many persons use to think that chinese technology is far behind russian regarding fighters, commercial aircrafts, Surface to Air Missiles, tanks, navy vessels etc....
    Indeed, if we take a look about chinese hardwares from the J-5, until J-16, including their awacs all are russian/soviet cloones. Maybe J-10 excepted because, it is very well known that the J-10 was in fact a clone israeli Lavy, except for his jet powerplant where China still rely on Russia with tumanski. But things is changing and very quickly.
    Most of the fighters fleet's projects were launched in the mid 2000's, where China's economy was at the best the third from US economy, and certainly the half or Russia's economy. Then, at this time China lacked money, and simply could not afford to implement projects, as these projects ask substancials resources that China had not in that time.
    However, nowadays China's GDP -as westerns forecasts- will surpass US's GDP during this year. The reality, China's GDP surpassed US's GDP a few years ago. Hence they have very more ressources, huge amount of money availlable meanwhile western countries are in a deep depression.

    Here is one of the result, China is becoming the first regarding tool manchines far ahead Japan, and Germany. As China became the first world market.

    However far to be the first exporters, and far behind Japan, Germany and Switzerland, nowadays, but thinks will change more quickly than anyone could expected.

    As you can read in this following link, it arise great concerns even by Japan.

    Barring any major unexpected events, China is almost certain to become world leader in machine tools production in the near future.

    http://www.nippon.com/en/currents/d00007/

    Machine tools as you can easily understand are the most strategic area where country could become superpower.


    Concerning the super computer, Chinese 100% indigenous hardware is now at 40th in the top500.org.
    http://top500.org/system/177447#.U3NRmW34IUM

    Things will change quickly too in this area. In the eve of the next decades China will overpass every western hardware either in aircrafts, satelites -beidu, chinese indegenous GPS-or in the navy. The next decade we will see China and US in the top of the world hardware, however, after 2030, India will become the main chinese chalengers, as the two countries have both enourmous  assets.
    Hence China, and India will become the majors armies in the world in the next future.

    That's a very good post.
    And a valid one too.

    There is no doubt in my mind that China will become no1 in many areas, especially electronics and machinery.

    On an American forum, where I often participated in discussions similar to these, a pretty smart American guy had this to say about it:
    (I paraphrase) To all of you China-bashers, I can say this: I am an older man. I can remember when we were laughing at the Japanese copying our cars and technology. A few decades later the Japanese were no1 in tech products, and fared very well in Automobile technology. Now many Americans want to drive their Subarues and Lexuses! So keep laughing at the Chinese copying stuff, but remember this old man's words: 'You're in for a surprise'!

    Hannibal Barca
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1219
    Points : 1241
    Join date : 2013-12-13

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  Hannibal Barca on Wed May 14, 2014 5:13 pm

    People shall know
    The copiers of today are the designers of tomorrow.
    The scapegoats of today are the idols of tomorrow.

    macedonian
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1086
    Points : 1121
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  macedonian on Wed May 14, 2014 5:15 pm

    Hannibal Barca wrote:People shall know
    The copiers of today are the designers of tomorrow.
    The scapegoats of today are the idols of tomorrow.

    Truer words have never been spoken.

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  nemrod on Wed May 14, 2014 11:45 pm

    Hannibal Barca wrote:People shall know
    The copiers of today are the designers of tomorrow.
    The scapegoats of today are the idols of tomorrow.

    In the past centuries China was not only simple copiers, those who know very well this ancient civilisation understood very well that they were a civilisation very well advanced, more than West untill XVI century. The copiers now, are mainly somewhere between Atlantic, and Pacific. They even hunt nazis scientists, in order to catch up their late.

    However, this is not the question. I initiated this topic in order to show that the future of Russia is in Asia. Russia will have to fed up with the filthy threats of west. Russia has a better potential of growth with Asia. Russia has many friends not only in Asia but everywhere in the non western world.
    As I tried to show, China -as India- has huge potential of growth, and undoubtly, will be the main superpower of tomorow, in this context, what is the weigh of US threats ? Why doest not Russia intervene in all baltic countries where US forces are deployed ? Do USA permit russian troops in Mexico-there, most of people are strongly against the actual governement that as Honduras came from a coup- ? In Cuba ? In Canada ?

    nemrod
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 806
    Points : 1309
    Join date : 2012-09-11

    China, Iran and Russia redefining new world order.

    Post  nemrod on Thu May 22, 2014 1:33 pm



    http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/05/20/363436/china-iran-and-russia-redefining-world-order/


    Battalion0415
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 145
    Points : 152
    Join date : 2015-01-07
    Age : 30

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  Battalion0415 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:37 pm

    Is this year China become next SuperPower after United States. Around 10 trillion USDollar in bnp.

    George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 9443
    Points : 9935
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  George1 on Fri May 29, 2015 1:26 am

    The Rise of Asian Giant: China is Ready to Defend Its National Interests

    The times when China was coolheaded and cautious regarding its foreign policy are over; the Asian giant is ready to show its teeth when its interests are at stake, the India-based newspaper Milli Gazette reported.

    In the past, China tried to influence other countries mainly through economic means, using trade and business mechanisms. However, now Beijing has openly shown that it doesn't approve of any foreign interference in the Asia-Pacific Region, China's own backyard.

    The move towards a more aggressive foreign policy is understandable, as China has enough military potential to start acting in a more dominant fashion on the international level.

    According to the newspaper, during the latest visit of John Kerry to Beijing, China let the United States know that the Pacific Ocean is vast enough to serve the interests of both major powers. China offered the United States to start partnership and mutual understanding in the Pacific.

    However, Beijing realizes that it cannot be reckless and stand against the United States alone. That is why China is on board with the idea of the multipolar world, in which there are several regional leaders. By sticking to this strategy and creating allies in different parts of the world, China plans to weaken the United States.

    When that happens, China hopes to outperform others and eventually become a new world leader. China is siding with its long-time ally — Russia — to defy the US hegemony around the world, The Milli Gazette said.

    Earlier today it was reported that China warned the United States to stay away from provocative actions in the South China Sea. Over the past couple of weeks, tensions over the hotly disputed territorial claims in the South China Sea have been on the rise.

    The Asia-Pacific Region might be on the verge of a military conflict, as the United States is trying to incite several nations, including Japan and the Philippines, to gang up on China over the territorial disputes in the South China Sea.

    In the past, Beijing repeatedly told Washington against getting involved in the territorial dispute in the Asia-Pacific Region, arguing that the United States is not part of the issue.

    Washington's desire to act as a world police by sending its military ships and planes to the South China Sea to "patrol" the Chinese backyard could very well lead to an armed encounter between the two countries.

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150528/1022665955.html#ixzz3bTjjlsgP

    type055
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 103
    Points : 110
    Join date : 2014-09-03

    Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  type055 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:47 am

    China never call itself a superpower, China's official target is to become Moderately developed country by 2050~ Rolling Eyes

    par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1069
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Is China a global superpower?

    Post  par far on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:25 pm

    Do you think that China is a global superpower? Or not yet? If not yet what does China have to do to become one?

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3680
    Points : 3792
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:03 pm


    Having money and guns does not make you superpower. It takes money, guns and balls. This third magical ingredient is completely absent from Chincoms.

    Swiss have money and guns, are they superpower?

    Not to sound like Russia fanboy (I have my share of complaints there) but when Chincoms start using those guns without asking Uncle Sam's blessing (or at all in their case, baby steps) then we'll talk...

    par far
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1069
    Points : 1206
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  par far on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:30 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Having money and guns does not make you superpower. It takes money, guns and balls. This third magical ingredient is completely absent from Chincoms.

    Swiss have money and guns, are they superpower?

    Not to sound like Russia fanboy (I have my share of complaints there) but when Chincoms start using those guns without asking Uncle Sam's blessing (or at all in their case, baby steps) then we'll talk...


    When did the Chincoms ask for Uncle Sam's blessing? Did I miss something? Syria?

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3183
    Points : 3311
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  flamming_python on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:00 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Having money and guns does not make you superpower. It takes money, guns and balls. This third magical ingredient is completely absent from Chincoms.

    Swiss have money and guns, are they superpower?

    Not to sound like Russia fanboy (I have my share of complaints there) but when Chincoms start using those guns without asking Uncle Sam's blessing (or at all in their case, baby steps) then we'll talk...

    Chicoms have no balls? They sent their army straight into Korea to battle the UN and US.

    PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3680
    Points : 3792
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:12 pm


    -They talk a lot and shut up when big boy tells them to.

    -Korea was literary lifetime ago.


    franco
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1757
    Points : 1797
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  franco on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:25 pm

    There is only ONE Global Superpower and that is the problem.
    There are TWO Nuclear Superpowers and that gives some balance.
    China is neither.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3183
    Points : 3311
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  flamming_python on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:01 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    -They talk a lot and shut up when big boy tells them to.

    Yet they're the ones whose economy has been growing by 6-10% per year for over the last 3 decades and are set to eclipse the US economy within years.
    Whatever they're doing it has paid off. Literarly.

    -Korea was literary lifetime ago.


    That sounds like - "yeah you may have done a lot for me, but what have you done for me lately"

    Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 5391
    Points : 5640
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  Werewolf on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:14 pm

    China has almost everything, it has no more than russia in navy when you look at big picture but i don't see china nor russia having even around 4 corners a policy like US for global domination. Just because you do not want to dominate the globus does not make you a wench. The chinese are not stupid and they are global players which are currently dominating african continent with free trade unlike the west that only knows how to twist arms or sceam agianst poor african farmers with conditions of credits they never can payback to get their resources. China trades and builds up not just a market but long term relationships. That only shows they have far bigger plans then russia does and the US well it is a lost cause from long term plans they fucked up big time to just throw around any short term overthrow policy and acts they can think off not knowing what to do when a country might not lick their dirty ass.


    You may not like it but china will be seen as far more profitable and more friendly in resource rich continents and countries then other countries could ever achieve. Mandarin will become mandatory later than sooner but it will be.

    magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 4468
    Points : 4659
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:45 pm

    Rolling Eyes .......Jesus guys, do people still buy in to the politicized hype surrounding the term 'Super Power' lol?

    We need to ask a serious question here...can Russia, China, and the USA defeat one or the other in a military conflict without completely being destroyed themselves? Even without thermonuclear weapons, even with conventional weapons neither can get away without being completely obliterated themselves.

    There is serious strategic strengths and weaknesses in all three powers. I'll elaborate later when I have more time.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3183
    Points : 3311
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  flamming_python on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:10 pm

    Just for comparisons sake I'd like to point out that America itself didn't start taking on a global role until after they became the world's biggest economy either, and even then it took 2 world wars to ultimately convince them and bury their isolationist foreign policy.

    Of course, being surrounded on all sides by oceans meant that they could afford not to. Russia could not afford avoiding a global role then and cannot afford avoiding it now either. So I'm not judging.

    I think the biggest reason China's not taking on an active global role is because like pre-WW2 America, it feels little reason to. The other reason is that it's surrounded by US bases and allies and thus in a poor strategic situation even right on its own territory, never mind other continents. But time will gradually erode that.

    GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 15470
    Points : 16177
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  GarryB on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:38 am

    You need to define superpower... even in the economic situation of the 1990s Russia was a military superpower in the sense it could obliterate anyone it chose to even if that meant its own destruction... at no point in US history could you say they have been in a better position.

    Superpower status does not protect you from getting your ass kicked in Vietnam or Afghanistan.

    At the end of the day what is it actually worth being called any sort of superpower... do you get a badge? is there a secret handshake? Do you get your own car park?


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    OminousSpudd
    Major
    Major

    Posts : 810
    Points : 829
    Join date : 2015-01-03
    Age : 21
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  OminousSpudd on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:41 am

    GarryB wrote:You need to define superpower... even in the economic situation of the 1990s Russia was a military superpower in the sense it could obliterate anyone it chose to even if that meant its own destruction... at no point in US history could you say they have been in a better position.

    Superpower status does not protect you from getting your ass kicked in Vietnam or Afghanistan.

    At the end of the day what is it actually worth being called any sort of superpower... do you get a badge? is there a secret handshake? Do you get your own car park?

    My own carpark would be lovely.... anywhere in the world.

    type055
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Posts : 103
    Points : 110
    Join date : 2014-09-03

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  type055 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:24 pm

    China government never call China a superpower. in our book it's "biggest developing country" . government's target is to be a medium developed country in 2049 (PRC's 100 anniversary).

    in our history book, there is only one superpower currently - U.S.




    Sponsored content

    Re: Why China will become the first superpower soon.

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:00 pm


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm