Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
tipex12
Major Artorius
Captain Nemo
2SPOOKY4U
Svyatoslavich
DTA
kvs
VladimirSahin
OminousSpudd
jhelb
Korbin Dallas
:JunioR:
whir
kap-the-head
galicije83
Berkut
Book.
Cyberspec
MOPO3
Khepesh
Arctic_Fox
AbsoluteZero
Lenny1983
PapaDragon
KoTeMoRe
chicken
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Bolt
macedonian
Stormovik
DanilaMP
zg18
Dima
Zivo
Admin
k@llashniKoff
Raden5
Strizh
NationalRus
collegeboy16
armyworld
Airbornewolf
Viktor
cheesfactory
Vann7
sepheronx
flamming_python
marcinko
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
George1
TR1
r111
Morpheus Eberhardt
Gabm
Mike E
AlfaT8
KomissarBojanchev
GarryB
Sujoy
TheArmenian
Cpt Caz
coolieno99
Flyingdutchman
Specnaz
69 posters

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2

Viktor
    Viktor

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian Military Photos and Videos #2

Post  Viktor Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:42 pm

and from the front

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 Q6ZP7bZ
    Viktor
    Viktor

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Russian Military Photos and Videos #2

Post  Viktor Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 pm

Very Happy
    Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 BjydXnE
    cheesfactory

Post  cheesfactory Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Best Pic of February Viktor thumbsup
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Very Happy  Cool I'm a Russian Occupant [ENG Subtitles]:

TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:40 am

I wonder what kind of dolt watches that and thinks "yeah damn right!".

Embarrassing.
    armyworld

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 Empty Video: Hovercraft ZUBR - HD

Post  armyworld Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Russian Military Army Hovercraft ZUBR
    armyworld

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 Empty Video: Russian Military Power 2015

Post  armyworld Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:42 pm

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:08 am

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 0_c428e_36413946_XL

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 YbSQqIz

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 VvEbBe1

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 A2cw08I
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:43 am

Nice pictures, the first one looks kind of like an oil painting.

1+
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Very Happy

Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 JqVVik7
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:36 am

Picture of a Soviet tank being paradropped into water during WW2
    Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 T37_4410
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:39 am

Werewolf wrote:Nice pictures, the first one looks kind of like an oil painting.

1+
    Kind of does... Last one too. Either way they look great and thanks for sharing.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:59 pm

''The refueling saga''

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:40 pm

Mike E wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Nice pictures, the first one looks kind of like an oil painting.

1+
    Kind of does... Last one too. Either way they look great and thanks for sharing.
    Hmm, the last time i saw pics with that oil painting look was when i was checking out some 4K pics on my 1080p monitor, so i am going to assume those pics are in 4K.
    +1
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:06 am

TR1 wrote:I wonder what kind of dolt watches that and thinks "yeah damn right!".

Embarrassing.

I found it neither emboldening nor embarrassing.

I did, however, find it highly hillarious.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:28 am

flamming_python wrote:
    TR1 wrote:I wonder what kind of dolt watches that and thinks "yeah damn right!".

Embarrassing.

I found it neither emboldening nor embarrassing.

I did, however, find it highly hillarious.

It is embarrassing because people who I think are sensible (Oleg Kulashev, the naval blog guy) repost it and say "oh nothing wrong with it, good propoganda!".

That is horrifying.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:30 am

Embarrassing.
    Russian Military Photos and Videos #2 - Page 10 Murica_makes_entire
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:09 am

That is horrifying.

The sad thing is how few Americans feel the same way you do when they watch US movies like "Independence Day" and other such flag waving shit.

{BTW nice pics guys, my vote to the DB-3 bomber dropping a light tank photo... any more information about that particular version?)
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:21 am

Independence Day does not make moronic statements like that the Baltic Nations "clean toilets" and are basically degenerate gays and cross-dressers.

Terrible comparison. Flag waving IS stupid, but 1.) justifying a video based on other stupid ones is weak and 2.) this is beyond normal flag waving.

If you want to find something equivalent in the US (since this forum is obsessed with the US) then you could look into the expansion of America into the continent, and in general how freedom excluded and subjugated in fact natives and Black Americans. But once again, doesn't make tat retarded video any better.

My issue is not that its just "Russia strong". Its stupid on a whole separate level from that.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:44 am

TR1 wrote:Independence Day does not make moronic statements like that the Baltic Nations "clean toilets" and are basically degenerate gays and cross-dressers.
    what goes around comes around. president of one baltic country even called russia a terrorist state. obama called it a gas station. big deal, just dont cry when they insult you back.
    TR1 wrote:
    Terrible comparison. Flag waving IS stupid, but 1.) justifying a video based on other stupid ones is weak and 2.) this is beyond normal flag waving.

If you want to find something equivalent in the US (since this forum is obsessed with the US) then you could look into the expansion of America into the continent, and in general how freedom excluded and subjugated in fact natives and Black Americans. But once again, doesn't make tat retarded video any better.
    at least this vid. is honest, "we conquer you just because we can" sounds more natural than we "we want freedom and democracy for everyone"
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:38 pm

TR1 wrote:Independence Day does not make moronic statements like that the Baltic Nations "clean toilets"

Well.. they do.

I mean not that literarly of course, but the predispondance of the Baltic workforce employed in unskilled manual labour in Western Europe speaks for itself.

Nothing inherently wrong with it - Central Asian states, Ukraine, Moldova, etc... send most of their workforce to Russia to work, and they all do the same sort of jobs here as Balts, Poles, Romanians, etc... do in Western Europe.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:24 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    TR1 wrote:Independence Day does not make moronic statements like that the Baltic Nations "clean toilets"

Well.. they do.

I mean not that literarly of course, but the predispondance of the Baltic workforce employed in unskilled manual labour in Western Europe speaks for itself.

Nothing inherently wrong with it - Central Asian states, Ukraine, Moldova, etc... send most of their workforce to Russia to work, and they all do the same sort of jobs here as Balts, Poles, Romanians, etc... do in Western Europe.

And yet their GDP per capita is higher than Russia's, and they sure as hell are happy to be independent.

How much of Russia's vaunted employment figures are unskilled labor? Just from what I've seen, a quarter of Moscow is just sweepers, and strazha, and other bare bones jobs.

cheesfactory

Post  cheesfactory Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:06 pm

This is the "Russian Military Photos and Videos" thread...
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:18 pm

TR1 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Well.. they do.

And yet their GDP per capita is higher than Russia's, and they sure as hell are happy to be independent.

How much of Russia's vaunted employment figures are unskilled labor? Just from what I've seen, a quarter of Moscow is just sweepers, and strazha, and other bare bones jobs.

i was born in the baltics, and the baltics even if i hate them to the core did ther reforms well i must admit, very well, and that even befor the economic crisis to a part while russia is only now when the ground they stand starts to burn go ahead and do long long LOOOOONG needed reform

economicaly we can indeed lear from the balts, dont forget were they were 20 years ago, in the shit with no reasources just like we then but with resources... and look were they now and we now... still behind per capita with all the oil and gas and iron and coal and wood and and and welth

but as my thread i politly ask if we can move discussion out of this thread, its photos and videos
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:42 am

TR1 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Well.. they do.

The Baltics have about the same GDP per capita as Russia - but in Russia GDP per capita means about as much as GDP per capita means for the whole of Europe.
    You wouldn't say that a Muscovite and a Tuvan have any more comparable standards of living than a German and a Romanian.

If we take central + north-eastern Russia, their average GDP per capita will be slightly more than the Baltic one

However, the Baltics export half their workforce to Europe to work manual labour, while still having twice the unemployment of Russia.

Russia is the 2nd most immigrated to country in the world, and still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe. Feel the difference.

If there weren't so many sweeper and strazha jobs - there would be other work. It's one of the reasons there are so many immigrants, the native workforce is just too small for Russia's size.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:57 pm