Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Move the Capital City

Werewolf
    Colonel
    Colonel

Re: Move the Capital City

Post  Werewolf on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Mike E wrote:Ok, I get you...

Yeah, scare them at home and they will have to back off.

There is a nice philosophical base of tactics and strategy i think Clausewitz said it.
    If you don't know the strategy of your enemy it is better trying to lead him in such a manner that it does not matter what his strategy is but becomes yours.

So don't play the game of your enemy that will only lead to a defeat for yourself. Try to lead the game and force the enemy to play like you want it and victory is yours.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:53 pm

That is also true, war is mysterious!

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:43 am

Or place S-400 and S-300V4 in countries like Cuba

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:11 am

Or Venezuela where invasion is almost inevitable... How about placing both S-500's and a couple Iskanders outside of Havana... The Iskander could hit all of Miami and the Key West Naval Air Station, and S-500 could "cover it" completely (in the event of war)! The S-500 could also cover the MacDill AF base, assuming the 600 km range. That completely grounds the 927th Air Refueling Wing, 6th Air Mobility Wing, parts of the Strike Fighter Squadron 106, and possibly some navy ships as well. Sounds good! russia

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:55 am

I would just say something like ground based Klubs and air defence like S-400. Enough range but nothing too crazy. Klubs could be sold to Cuba. Maybe some Air Launched Cruise missiles.

Also, helping Cuba and Venezuela's economy would help the nations greatly. Which will in turn convince the populations that simply going the western puppet route isn't the best. Instead, go the Russian partnership route (as long as Russia does not end up abusing it like US does, I would be more than happy).

Advancing Cuban airforce with Su-30's would bring big benefit too. Advance their economies, will allow them to bring in enough money to buy goods from Russia without having to go in debt.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:12 pm

S-500 would cover two bases instead of the S-400s one. It would also scare the US without looking offensive.

sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  sepheronx on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:19 am

As far as I was aware, S-500 was simply missile defense mixed in with ASAT. Outside of that, I am certain that S-400 is to compliment S-500 in the anti aircraft and cruise missile roll. Which actually, Pantsir is supposed to help protect against.

That said, S-500 would also be far too sensitive technology. While S-300V4 or S-400 would be ideal in other circumstances, with maybe Pantsir or Tor to protect the sites from PGM's/cruise missiles. But also giving Cuba the capabilities to launch long range cruise missiles would also benefit greatly.

But what would also benefit the country significantly, is its economy. As much as Cuba could be a rich country, it isn't. And that what holds back its military greatly. Who knows what the training is like and the condition that the equipment is in now.

magnumcromagnon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:47 am

sepheronx wrote:As far as I was aware, S-500 was simply missile defense mixed in with ASAT.  Outside of that, I am certain that S-400 is to compliment S-500 in the anti aircraft and cruise missile roll.  Which actually, Pantsir is supposed to help protect against.

That said, S-500 would also be far too sensitive technology.  While S-300V4 or S-400 would be ideal in other circumstances, with maybe Pantsir or Tor to protect the sites from PGM's/cruise missiles.  But also giving Cuba the capabilities to launch long range cruise missiles would also benefit greatly.

But what would also benefit the country significantly, is its economy.  As much as Cuba could be a rich country, it isn't.  And that what holds back its military greatly.  Who knows what the training is like and the condition that the equipment is in now.

S-500 is too sensitive of technology, unless they come out with a export models of the system. A system that can actually defend against ICBM warheads would sell like hot cakes in China and India.

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:02 am

sepheronx wrote:As far as I was aware, S-500 was simply missile defense mixed in with ASAT.  Outside of that, I am certain that S-400 is to compliment S-500 in the anti aircraft and cruise missile roll.  Which actually, Pantsir is supposed to help protect against.

That said, S-500 would also be far too sensitive technology.  While S-300V4 or S-400 would be ideal in other circumstances, with maybe Pantsir or Tor to protect the sites from PGM's/cruise missiles.  But also giving Cuba the capabilities to launch long range cruise missiles would also benefit greatly.

But what would also benefit the country significantly, is its economy.  As much as Cuba could be a rich country, it isn't.  And that what holds back its military greatly.  Who knows what the training is like and the condition that the equipment is in now.
    Hmm, try and ask GarryB and some others, they all said the opposite...

True, it could be operated by Russian forces within Cuba, which should solve that problem. Cruise missiles would be huge, maybe some export model Kalibrs...

Mike E
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  Mike E on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:05 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:

S-500 is too sensitive of technology, unless they come out with a export models of the system. A system that can actually defend against ICBM warheads would sell like hot cakes in China and India.

- See my earlier reply for that. 

India would literally die to get there hands on one, after all, they don't have such a system. Even South Korea could be interested, as a longer range alternative to the THAAD. (KM-SAM proves their interest in Russian SAMs.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:23 am

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:23 am