Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+16
macedonian
KoTeMoRe
AttilaA
mack8
Walther von Oldenburg
George1
sepheronx
Viktor
GarryB
kvs
Hannibal Barca
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
Werewolf
Intrigado
andalusia
20 posters

Is Romania an enemy of Russia?

whir

Is Romania an enemy of Russia? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Romania an enemy of Russia?

Post  whir Sun May 10, 2015 1:05 am

Intrigado wrote:attending my classes with my coat and gloves on, sleeping with three sweaters on and fighting for the right to take a shower during the daily hour when the hot water was running. Can you imagine that?
    Sorry but what you're describing is common occurrence in Western Europe and has been for decades with no prospect to end anytime soon.
    dadus33

Is Romania an enemy of Russia? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Romania an enemy of Russia?

Post  dadus33 Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:24 am

Well guys, I am also from Romania but I don't share most of my co-nationals point of view regarding Russia. It is true that press propaganda here is very powerful and everybody who says something on TV about Russia usually says bad things. I know our country went from bad to worse since 1989 revolution... Our old leader, Ceausescu, has indeed done lots of bad things to say the least, but we were much stronger back then. We had paid all our debts to IMF and our industry was steadily growing. We made just about anything... From cars, like Dacia (made with Renault engines but Romanian design), Aro, IMS or Oltcit, to airplanes like Rombac (made under British Air Craft) and even weapons made after modified versions of russian weapons, like PA-86 made after AK-74. Unfortunately the revolution started a downfall... By 2000, almost all the factories we had were sold or simply bankrupted. To "save" Dacia, the only piece of industry we still have, our politicians decided to sell almost all it's stocks to Renault, so we now barely own anything from it.
    Sometimes I wish there was a new Soviet Union, bigger and better than before, extending all the way from the far eastern corners of Russia to Germany in the west, Norway and Sweeden in the North and Turkey and Greece in the south. After all, it wouldn't be hard for us to even share the language. Although many Romanians don't admit it, there are MANY words in our language that have Slavic origins. Besides that, we also share mostly the same religion, as we are mostly Orthodox.
    Anyways, I think that's not a thing that can ever be done, and even if someone could do that, he should do it by diplomacy not force, as I am sure nobody here is willing to start WW3. For a start, your politicians should at least halt provocative language to the eastern countries and think at us as friends, not foes, and maybe more and more people here will start thinking the same of Russia. I can also say that there are actually more pro-russian people here in Romania, but few of them admit it because of the western propaganda. I am one of the few who admit, but we are steadily increasing in numbers.
    russia
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:52 am

We could be neutral partners, trade live and let live, we a certainly not friends and never were any

its funny how many of these small former red nations have obsession with Russia, I was born in the Baltic believe me I know, big bad Russia is everywhere while in Russia nobody talks or even notices them.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:21 pm

NationalRus wrote:We could be neutral partners, trade live and let live, we a certainly not friends and never were any

its funny how many of these small former red nations have obsession with Russia, I was born in the Baltic believe me I know, big bad Russia is everywhere while in Russia nobody talks or even notices them.

I think it is mostly to do with getting peoples attention away fro their own nations troubles and turning a hateful view towards Russia. Let your anger out cause evil Russia is at fault. All the while the corporate politicians sell off anything that isn't bolted to the floor to western mega corps. And in the end, what do you have and what is considered yours? Nothing.

Same thing in Canada now. Only real industries we have are faltering (we do have a strong small business concept here, but that cannot last forever as they are really mostly specialized industries and others are simply service industry like fast food) and are mostly foreign anyway or the ones that are Canadian, are failing hard (Blackberry and Bombardier). So what do we do? Blame Russians as an example (it is apparently Russia's fault for not ordering C400's after sanctions that is the reason why Bombardier is failing and needing another $2B bailout).

So Romania isn't the only one. They are just sharing the same scripts from the NATO playbook and well, it is just pathetic. What is even more pathetic is that people actually follow that crap and not realize that all their problems are at home and the people in charge.
    dadus33

Post  dadus33 Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:39 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    NationalRus wrote:We could be neutral partners, trade live and let live, we a certainly not friends and never were any

I think it is mostly to do with getting peoples attention away fro their own nations troubles and turning a hateful view towards Russia.  Let your anger out cause evil Russia is at fault.  All the while the corporate politicians sell off anything that isn't bolted to the floor to western mega corps.  And in the end, what do you have and what is considered yours?  Nothing.

Same thing in Canada now.  Only real industries we have are faltering (we do have a strong small business concept here, but that cannot last forever as they are really mostly specialized industries and others are simply service industry like fast food) and are mostly foreign anyway or the ones that are Canadian, are failing hard (Blackberry and Bombardier).  So what do we do? Blame Russians as an example (it is apparently Russia's fault for not ordering C400's after sanctions that is the reason why Bombardier is failing and needing another $2B bailout).

So Romania isn't the only one.  They are just sharing the same scripts from the NATO playbook and well, it is just pathetic.  What is even more pathetic is that people actually follow that crap and not realize that all their problems are at home and the people in charge.
    Well as I said, not all of us think this way...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 am