Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+2
GarryB
Russian Patriot
6 posters

Palestinian Security Forces equipment

Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Palestinian Security Forces equipment Empty Palestinian Security Forces equipment

Post  Russian Patriot Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 am

Russia to deliver 50 armored vehicles to Palestinians soon

RIA Novosti

16:33 01/07/2010

MOSCOW, July 1 (RIA Novosti) - Russia will deliver 50 BTR-70 armored personnel carriers (APC) to the Palestinian security forces in the West Bank in the next few days, the Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.

Israel agreed in 2008 on the supply of Russian APC stripped of weaponry to Palestinian security forces to help them fight terrorist organizations.

"Russia continues to provide assistance to Palestinians. The 50 APCs will be delivered to Jordan in the next few days and they will later be transferred to the Palestinian security forces in the West Bank," said spokesman Andrei Nesterenko at a news briefing in Moscow.

The Russian Defense Ministry earlier said that all 50 vehicles, taken from the ministry's arsenal, were ready for shipment and weapons have been removed from them.

Russia is donating the APCs to the Palestinian authorities.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2010/07/mil-100701-rianovosti02.htm

Last edited by Russian Patriot on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarryB
    GarryB

Palestinian Security Forces equipment Empty Re: Palestinian Security Forces equipment

Post  GarryB Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:12 am

Excellent.

Reduce stocks held by the Russian Army and create a market for spare parts for Russian industry in one stroke.

And the Palestinians get a vehicle they can use that can't be rolled over or smashed with bricks or thrown bottles/rocks.
    Admin
    Admin

Palestinian Security Forces equipment Empty Re: Palestinian Security Forces equipment

Post  Admin Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:12 pm

GarryB wrote:Excellent.

Reduce stocks held by the Russian Army and create a market for spare parts for Russian industry in one stroke.

And the Palestinians get a vehicle they can use that can't be rolled over or smashed with bricks or thrown bottles/rocks.

The vehicles will be used by the PLA so it is not likely to come in contact with the IDF. It is Hamas they are fighting.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:00 am

Yup, I know Vlad, the IDF doesn't seem to throw rocks and bottles much. Smile Wink
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:42 pm

If such vehicles are specially made stripped of weaponry would they have such variants available for sale to American citizens?

I would really like to be able to get an American legal (unarmed) BTR-80, with no Soviet/Russian weapons on it (wouldn't be able to get them anyway due to legal issues) but rather mounting hardware for an M2 Browning as the main weapon and either an M-240 or more likely an M-60 as the secondary weapon, since there are ways to legally buy an M2 Browning and M-60 in the USA.

Are the factories in Russia willing to make modified BTRs or are they selling old stocks of BTRs that are just de-militarized with the guns removed?

I would *really* like to buy a BTR, ideally an 80 but I'd settle for a 70, if such a vehicle were available for sale.

Anybody know about how much the basic 80s are going for?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:02 am

You would really want a BTR-80 because the single engine design would make it a much simpler and cheaper vehicle to maintain and operate than the twin engined BTR-70.

As far as I know there are civilian sales of those sorts of vehicles, and it might sound a little strange but if you are serious you could probably contact the factory that makes them. According to my info that is the Arzamas Machine building plant JSC 2, 9th May St., Arzamas 607220, Nizhni Novgorod Region, Russia.
    They make BTR-90, BTR-80/A/K, BMM, BREM-K and Vodnik family vehicles.

Here is their website: http://www.amz.ru/ (note bottom of this page is email address you can try)

This website is of the parent company: http://russianmachines.ru/eng/divisions/military

I think you basically have two choices. If you buy from the manufacturer then you will likely get a brand new very expensive vehicle. If you buy from a former user (ie like from an eastern european country like Poland or whereever getting rid of their old BTRs then you will get it much cheaper, but spare parts will be up to you, and I rather doubt you will get BTR-80s, more likely BTR-70s or BTR-60s.
    I have heard the makers of BTRs did try to make civilian modifications with lots more windows etc but it would be a very narrow market and with no distribution network I couldn't see that doing too well.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on. Cool
    I have read reports about US military personel testing the BTR series vehicles cross country with their all wheel drive and 8 wheel tire pressure regulation system making them the most fun RVs they had driven. (RV = recreational vehicle).

BTW selling without weapons should be no problem, though any sighting system that uses tritium elements might also need to be removed as well.

If I were you I would also try to contact some British Militaria clubs as they probably have members that have similar sorts of vehicles and some of their experience might be useful to you.
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 am

GarryB wrote:You would really want a BTR-80 because the single engine design would make it a much simpler and cheaper vehicle to maintain and operate than the twin engined BTR-70.

As far as I know there are civilian sales of those sorts of vehicles, and it might sound a little strange but if you are serious you could probably contact the factory that makes them. According to my info that is the Arzamas Machine building plant JSC 2, 9th May St., Arzamas 607220, Nizhni Novgorod Region, Russia.
    They make BTR-90, BTR-80/A/K, BMM, BREM-K and Vodnik family vehicles.

Here is their website: http://www.amz.ru/ (note bottom of this page is email address you can try)

This website is of the parent company: http://russianmachines.ru/eng/divisions/military

I think you basically have two choices. If you buy from the manufacturer then you will likely get a brand new very expensive vehicle. If you buy from a former user (ie like from an eastern european country like Poland or whereever getting rid of their old BTRs then you will get it much cheaper, but spare parts will be up to you, and I rather doubt you will get BTR-80s, more likely BTR-70s or BTR-60s.
    I have heard the makers of BTRs did try to make civilian modifications with lots more windows etc but it would be a very narrow market and with no distribution network I couldn't see that doing too well.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on. Cool
    I have read reports about US military personel testing the BTR series vehicles cross country with their all wheel drive and 8 wheel tire pressure regulation system making them the most fun RVs they had driven. (RV = recreational vehicle).

BTW selling without weapons should be no problem, though any sighting system that uses tritium elements might also need to be removed as well.

If I were you I would also try to contact some British Militaria clubs as they probably have members that have similar sorts of vehicles and some of their experience might be useful to you.

My main issue against the BTR-70, aside from the side doors being a bit of a problem would be the armor issue. A 30'06 with AP ammo will penetrate the BTR-70, so a .50 caliber will open one up like a tin can.

As for buying a BTR-80, it is something that, money permitting, I will hopefully be doing in the next 12-18 months. It's something I want to do before I try to get serious with this woman I sort of have my sights on (assuming she feels the same way)... I don't want to have to explain to her why I bought a BTR-80 with all of the other things out there I might have been able to spend my money on (such as a better house, etc)... It'd be much easier to be able to say, "hey I bought the darn thing before we were involved! It was just something I wanted to get..." Although she knows a fair bit about history, weapons, government, and how things are going these days with the invasion of Europe.

It's pretty easy to get a woman to understand how NATO, UN, NWO, communism, Albanians, Muslims, etc, are all threats and problems... It's not that easy to convince a woman that buying a BTR-80 is a sound/reasonable use of money.

I'm going to bill it as a family camping vehicle rather than some random crazy purchase I decided to make.
    Hachimoto

Palestinian Security Forces equipment Empty Palestinian Hardware

Post  Hachimoto Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Just a little topic to discuss and identify Palestinian hardware.

To begin which kornet version is this ?

Palestinian Security Forces equipment 10565070_705320796211491_7433901368269369042_n
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Hachimoto wrote:Just a little topic to discuss and identify Palestinian hardware.

To begin which kornet version is this ?

Kornet?

That looks just like a selfmade rocket in a tube that is used as ballistic missile nothing else.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:34 am

It looks a lot like the special single tube Grad rocket launchers designed for special forces.

They would get within range of the target (for the short Grad rocket that was about 11km) and set up dozens of these rockets ready to fire all from different firing points but all aimed at the same target.

The result was often similar to a Grad salvo but from distributed launch positions... with enough rockets and the right warheads it could have been very effective... but accuracy was not amazing so it was only deployed against area targets and often used chem or bio warheads to ensure small numbers of warheads would be effective or take several days to set up a large number of tubes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:22 pm