Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+73
kvs
sepheronx
flamming_python
KiloGolf
Hannibal Barca
Godric
Solncepek
George1
Cyberspec
iraqidabab
KoTeMoRe
Dima
Monarchist
zorobabel
Heartbeer
zg18
SturmGuard
franco
d_taddei2
victor1985
OminousSpudd
Kyo
Neutrality
whir
Bidoul
Rodinazombie
Ramos 2
Khepesh
Siempre_Leal
marat
HUNTER VZLA
Arctic_Fox
TheArmenian
ultron
Hachimoto
Regular
ExBeobachter1987
Stealthflanker
Inetwarrior
Geronimo
Flyboy77
PapaDragon
Anas Ali
Fred333
2SPOOKY4U
AK_47
Prince Darling
Walther von Oldenburg
Flagship Victory
Abu Bakr al Bosni
Book.
mutantsushi
Manov
Cucumber Khan
sheytanelkebir
putinboss
jhelb
arpakola
Morpheus Eberhardt
higurashihougi
AlfaT8
mack8
Werewolf
par far
Zivo
olibeira
TR1
Vann7
medo
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
magnumcromagnon
GarryB
NationalRus
77 posters

Yemeni Conflict: News

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 Empty Re: Yemeni Conflict: News

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:Those captured abrams hurt my eyes...why the fuck they deployed it without support.

Anyway i wonder if Russia can take chance and snap one.. They're M1A2, the best US can offer for export.

As for me.. well i'd be happy to travel alongside those Houthi rebels with my retractable rules.. and measure the Abram's turret thickness.

M1A2S is exact designation for Saudi export version i belive, some were originally made as M1A2s and some were converted from M1A1s (50+) via AIM overhaul concept used by US Army.

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 CNpjkVuXAAAxMpQ
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:33 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:Those captured abrams hurt my eyes...why the fuck they deployed it without support.

Anyway i wonder if Russia can take chance and snap one.. They're M1A2, the best US can offer for export.

As for me.. well i'd be happy to travel alongside those Houthi rebels with my retractable rules.. and measure the Abram's turret thickness.

Hard to snatch a tank that is so heavy, the best anti-stealing technology. Make it fat and slow and very hard to pull out.

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Werewolf wrote:

Hard to snatch a tank that is so heavy, the best anti-stealing technology. Make it fat and slow and very hard to pull out.

When we are at "anti-stealing technology", some years ago (2008. i belive) one guy that claimed he served in the US Marine 1st Armored batallion under 1st Marine Division told me that commander has to enter certain code that he gets distributed to him by direct upper commander that allows the crew to operate the vehicle. To me this looks quite unlikely, coz i know what kind of mess "combat ready" order becomes in 3 AM when guys run around without one boot and both socks while trying to get to the vehicles, imagine now having to enter some code when you are in. Or question is, when code expires? When engine is off? Or APU? Or when you turn off Battle managament system?

I dont really see how this would work in field. Something went wrong, you lost all power, you are turning systems back on, enemy is engaging and you are entering code to arm your main gun O.o? So does anyone around here has such information, does this code really exists, coz i had some quite good literature regarding M1A1 and i never read about something of a kind. We did have codes here in army for certain stuff, but that was mostly just for identification during communication.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:02 am

Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

When we are at "anti-stealing technology", some years ago (2008. i belive) one guy that claimed he served in the US Marine 1st Armored batallion under 1st Marine Division told me that commander has to enter certain code that he gets distributed to him by direct upper commander that allows the crew to operate the vehicle. To me this looks quite unlikely, coz i know what kind of mess "combat ready" order becomes in 3 AM when guys run around without one boot and both socks while trying to get to the vehicles, imagine now having to enter some code when you are in. Or question is, when code expires? When engine is off? Or APU? Or when you turn off Battle managament system?

I dont really see how this would work in field. Something went wrong, you lost all power, you are turning systems back on, enemy is engaging and you are entering code to arm your main gun O.o? So does anyone around here has such information, does this code really exists, coz i had some quite good literature regarding M1A1 and i never read about something of a kind. We did have codes here in army for certain stuff, but that was mostly just for identification during communication.

AFAIK only detterance weapons have such codes and are very problematic to keep running like you said for actual combat, not to mention one vehicle is always issued to several drivers/pilots and no exclusive pilot/mechanic/driver etc.

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:06 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

AFAIK only detterance weapons have such codes and are very problematic to keep running like you said for actual combat, not to mention one vehicle is always issued to several drivers/pilots and no exclusive pilot/mechanic/driver etc.

My thoughts exacly, even our Luna-Ms didnt have launch codes to my knowledge (i guess they had physical launch key), why da hell would tank then it complicates stuff beyond imagination.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:27 am

Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

My thoughts exacly, even our Luna-Ms didnt have launch codes to my knowledge (i guess they had physical launch key), why da hell would tank then it complicates stuff beyond imagination.
    ECU probably has a diagnostic port, just like the top end cars that are being 'exported' from the EU. Smile
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:18 am

Houthis channel shows a US made M167 Vulcan air defense system

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 CP2WbhKWsAAPxS0

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 CP2Wbe4WsAIaI4Q
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:22 am

HUNTER VZLA wrote:Houthis channel shows a US made M167 Vulcan air defense system

Next stop, the back of a white Toyota. attack

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:47 am

HUNTER VZLA wrote:Houthis channel shows a US made M167 Vulcan air defense system

To my knowledge this is not suprising, Yemen has/had M167 VADS in their military service. Tho its still quite exotic system, not many were built compared to other AA guns around.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:05 am

It's not the first one they captured.

Here's one on a BTR-152.

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 7110_348625681977092_8699309628821835496_n

Here's another on a M35(?)

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 729

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:19 am

Zivo wrote:It's not the first one they captured.

Here's one on a BTR-152.

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 7110_348625681977092_8699309628821835496_n

Here's another on a M35(?)

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 729

Yeah, Sudan and Yemen both mounted them on BTR 152. Good eye that truly is M35, tho i think it has double back tires so its probably M45 or whatever they called it, tho that photo looks like crap, it could have pancakes instead of back tires i wouldnt tell a difference.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Allegedly, the first captured Leclerc tank from Huthis

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 Houthis%2Bwith%2Bcaptured%2BUAE%2BLeclerc%2Btank

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1491441.html
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:39 pm

George1 wrote:
    Allegedly, the first captured Leclerc tank from Huthis

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 Houthis%2Bwith%2Bcaptured%2BUAE%2BLeclerc%2Btank

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1491441.html

I wonder if they will be able to use it, or will just blow it up.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Send all those tanks to russia and china as a repayment for the stolen equipment via proxy customers.
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:02 pm

MRAPS column Saudis destroyed by the Yemeni army in the city of Jizan

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 Saudi%2Bvehicles%2Bdestroyed%2Bby%2BYemeni%2BArmy%2Bin%2BJizan%2B1

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 Saudi%2Bvehicles%2Bdestroyed%2Bby%2BYemeni%2BArmy%2Bin%2BJizan%2B2

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 Saudi%2Bvehicles%2Bdestroyed%2Bby%2BYemeni%2BArmy%2Bin%2BJizan%2B3

Yemeni Conflict: News - Page 21 Saudi%2Bvehicles%2Bdestroyed%2Bby%2BYemeni%2BArmy%2Bin%2BJizan%2B4

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Werewolf wrote:Send all those tanks to russia and china as a repayment for the stolen equipment via proxy customers.

Russia could totally use these channels to obtain M1A2S and AMX Leclerc for evaluation, maybe even some other stuff that Saudi Arabia and UAE are using and Russia never had chance to lay hands on. Mby some downed AH64D will end up with most of its electronics untouched Very Happy The more you know... NATO and USA most notably always used these proxy wars to obtain USSR equipment for trials and evaluation.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Bloody hell, what a grinder for the Saudis.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:26 pm

flamming_python wrote:Bloody hell, what a grinder for the Saudis.
    Is there some kind of Muslim protocol to clear away any dead bodies before photographing the site?

Post  Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:47 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Is there some kind of Muslim protocol to clear away any dead bodies before photographing the site?

Not to my knowledge, they are actually very often taking photos of maimed bodies from what i can observe.
    marat

Post  marat Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    I noticed that also there is no dead body in any video or picture, i start to believe that saudies just run away as soon as first shoot is fired.

Compare Yemen videos with Ukraina...
    iraqidabab

Post  iraqidabab Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:01 pm

JohninMK wrote:

Not a Muslim protocol. Houthi protocol, their leader Abdel Malik al Houthi doesn't allow it, for the same reason you saw Saudi soldiers captured by Houthis treated as humans, not as enemies or any of the things IS does.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:01 pm

marat wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    I noticed that also there is no dead body in any video or picture, i start to believe that saudies just run away as soon as first shoot is fired.

Compare Yemen videos with Ukraina...

A member on forcesdz had a very good point, the houthis are using a very professional PR tactic,  no gore means their exploits can be seen by the maximum amount of peoples, while the images of charred saudi and GCC rats might cause sympathy to some and paint them in a bad way, which certain "interests" might use to compare them to the ISIS rats.

Personally, i wish the houthis good hunting, waste as many saudi & GCC rats as they can, and i hope they will prevail in their struggle.

Last edited by mack8 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 pm

With the amount of Saudi vehicles standing around and not doing s**t while being leisurely targeted by Houthi ATGMs and RPGs; I'm starting to think that most of the explanation really does come down to the fact that Saudi forces and paid mercenaries really do bail and flee as soon as the first pellet pings off their tank armour.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:40 pm

flamming_python wrote:With the amount of Saudi vehicles standing around and not doing s**t while being leisurely targeted by Houthi ATGMs and RPGs; I'm starting to think that most of the explanation really does come down to the fact that Saudi forces and paid mercenaries really do bail and flee as soon as the first pellet pings off their tank armour.
    Perhaps a protocol has developed, Houthis fire a few rounds at Saudi vehicles, soldiers decamp and flee unhurt, Houthis ransack then destroy that which they don't need. Everyone wins, minimum casualties on either side, plenty of destruction (we put up a hell of a fight before we escaped), no fear in the next encounter, Saudis order more gear from the US. Its win win.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 pm