Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+10
Kysusha
IronsightSniper
El Eternauta
ala3
SerbNationalist
Russian Patriot
Aberdeenlad
GarryB
Admin
soltec
14 posters

HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982

Aberdeenlad

HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982 - Page 5 Empty Re: HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982

Post  Aberdeenlad Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:54 am

Admin edit... no outside forums
    Aberdeenlad

HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982 - Page 5 Empty Re: HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982

Post  Aberdeenlad Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Admin edit... no links or posts from other forums
    Aberdeenlad

Post  Aberdeenlad Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Comment deleted as per forum rules.

Last edited by Aberdeenlad on Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Read the rules, no linking or posting from other forums.
    Aberdeenlad

Post  Aberdeenlad Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:Read the rules, no linking or posting from other forums.

Ok. I only put the link in to prove it was a real post and not something I made up. Smile
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Aberdeenlad wrote:

Ok. I only put the link in to prove it was a real post and not something I made up. Smile

There is nothing to prove... we know they didn't sink it. Your government has done the job for them. Laughing
    Aberdeenlad

Post  Aberdeenlad Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    Aberdeenlad wrote:

There is nothing to prove... we know they didn't sink it. Your government has done the job for them. Laughing

Laughing How true is that, how long before they claim the Ark Royal and Illustrious also.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Aberdeenlad wrote:

Laughing How true is that, how long before they claim the Ark Royal and Illustrious also.

Ark Royal to be scrapped by Christmas, Illustrious pending review, will be scrapped in 2011 once they realise they can't ditch HMS Ocean. 1 Bay class scrapped, 1 Albion mothballed, all Type 22s scrapped. All Harriers scrapped. 10 years without carrier strike. That Coalition government sure bumb-fucked the Royal Navy. Razz
    Aberdeenlad

Post  Aberdeenlad Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    Aberdeenlad wrote:

Ark Royal to be scrapped by Christmas, Illustrious pending review, will be scrapped in 2011 once they realise they can't ditch HMS Ocean. 1 Bay class scrapped, 1 Albion mothballed, all Type 22s scrapped. All Harriers scrapped. That Coalition government sure bumb-fucked the Royal Navy. Razz

On the plus side, Portsmouth dockyard is getting a tug. Laughing

Seriously though, much as I hate the government for doing this, I really cant see another way to get us out of the financial mess the previous government got us into. I can only hope that sometime in the future we get some new ships, or we can hope Argentina does us another favour like they did in 1982.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Aberdeenlad wrote:

On the plus side, Portsmouth dockyard is getting a tug.Laughing

Need to save those tugs for when your $2 billion submarines run aground. Razz

Seriously though, much as I hate the government for doing this, I really cant see another way to get us out of the financial mess the previous government got us into. I can only hope that sometime in the future we get some new ships, or we can hope Argentina does us another favour like they did in 1982.

The Tories did a good job back then screwing the RN, and so they do it again. Labour screwed the Navy by leaving no way to cut contract, so RN is stuck with two carriers, one of which will never see planes and the other with only half a wing. RN took most of the cuts to save their two money pits. Gordy was lobbying so hard for those Scottish shipyards, he didn't realise RAF was going to be losing Scottish bases in the SDSR.
    Aberdeenlad

Post  Aberdeenlad Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:
    Aberdeenlad wrote:

On the plus side, Portsmouth dockyard is getting a tug.Laughing

Need to save those tugs for when your $2 billion submarines run aground. Razz

The Tories did a good job back then screwing the RN, and so they do it again. Labour screwed the Navy by leaving no way to cut contract, so RN is stuck with two carriers, one of which will never see planes and the other with only half a wing. RN took most of the cuts to save their two money pits. Gordy was lobbying so hard for those Scottish shipyards, he didn't realise RAF was going to be losing Scottish bases in the SDSR.

Agree with all you said. I hope we can fix the sub, it's almost all we have left. Smile
    El Eternauta

Post  El Eternauta Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Aberdeenlad wrote:

Anécdota de la guerra de las Malvinas:

Un comando británico del S.A.S. se le acercó a un comando argentino de la Cía. 601 diciéndole: “Ustedes son comandos y muy buenos, nosotros también somos muy buenos, pero más pícaros, sabemos que van a volver y los estaremos esperando”, el oficial argentino no se quedó atrás y le contestó dejando sin palabras al inglés: “Es usted muy inteligente en pensarlo, sí, vamos a volver y en el futuro seremos más pícaros que ustedes”.

Un abrazo

ingles por favor
    uno warning!

Last edited by Russian Patriot on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : WARNING!)
    IronsightSniper
    IronsightSniper

Post  IronsightSniper Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:31 pm

El Eternauta wrote:
    Aberdeenlad wrote:

Un comando británico del S.A.S. se le acercó a un comando argentino de la Cía. 601 diciéndole: “Ustedes son comandos y muy buenos, nosotros también somos muy buenos, pero más pícaros, sabemos que van a volver y los estaremos esperando”, el oficial argentino no se quedó atrás y le contestó dejando sin palabras al inglés: “Es usted muy inteligente en pensarlo, sí, vamos a volver y en el futuro seremos más pícaros que ustedes”.

Un abrazo

English forum.

paratrooper
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Looks like we picked up a straggler from that Argentina forum.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:16 pm

I can only hope that sometime in the future we get some new ships, or we can hope Argentina does us another favour like they did in 1982.

If they had left it till about 1985 I rather doubt Britain would have had any carriers to make the trip...
    soltec
    soltec

Post  soltec Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:50 pm

El Eternauta wrote:
    Aberdeenlad wrote:

Un abrazo

ingles por favor
    uno warning!

Please be patient and be more hospitable
    is the first post of Eternauta, he just wants to participate. or is it bad?

POST TRANSLATED
    Anecdote of the Malvinas war:

A British command S.A.S. he approached the Argentine command Cia. 601, saying: "You are very good command, we are also very good, but rogues, we know they'll come back and be waiting", the Argentine official was not far behind and told him leaving the English words: "It You are very smart thinking, yeah, come back and in the future you will be more mischievous. "

A hug
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:51 pm

soltec wrote:
    El Eternauta wrote:
    Aberdeenlad wrote:

Un abrazo

ingles por favor
    uno warning!

is the first post of Eternauta, he just wants to participate. or is it bad?

POST TRANSLATED
    Anecdote of the Malvinas war:

A British command S.A.S. he approached the Argentine command Cia. 601, saying: "You are very good command, we are also very good, but rogues, we know they'll come back and be waiting", the Argentine official was not far behind and told him leaving the English words: "It You are very smart thinking, yeah, come back and in the future you will be more mischievous. "

A hug

Soltec , please don't tell me what I need to do!
    but I will try to be more patient on him since its his first post!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 pm

More patient?

This is an English speaking forum, which I very much appreciate because ignorant me only understands English.

Russian language without translation is not allowed and is against the rules so why would any other non English language use without translation be ignored?

Many forums I have been on there wouldn't have been a warning as his post first or otherwise clearly broke a fairly important forum rule, so I think being told that it was warning number one is being very patient and courteous to someone who clearly has not read and understood the rules before posting.

I don't want to be harsh as it is his first post, but his first post should also have been an introduction in the introduction section too.

Perhaps he could use a translator?

I would like to add a thanks to the moderators who do their job for no money, and of course Vlad for creating this forum for us to use.

And no, I am not sucking up to the admin, I appreciate their efforts and don't think they are thanked enough and I expect to be bound by the same rules as everyone else.
    soltec
    soltec

Post  soltec Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:24 am

GarryB wrote:

More patient?

This is an English speaking forum, which I very much appreciate because ignorant me only understands English.

Russian language without translation is not allowed and is against the rules so why would any other non English language use without translation be ignored?

Many forums I have been on there wouldn't have been a warning as his post first or otherwise clearly broke a fairly important forum rule, so I think being told that it was warning number one is being very patient and courteous to someone who clearly has not read and understood the rules before posting.

I don't want to be harsh as it is his first post, but his first post should also have been an introduction in the introduction section too.

Perhaps he could use a translator?

I would like to add a thanks to the moderators who do their job for no money, and of course Vlad for creating this forum for us to use.

And no, I am not sucking up to the admin, I appreciate their efforts and don't think they are thanked enough and I expect to be bound by the same rules as everyone else.
    thanks garry
    I undertake to inform to eternauta that be more carefull to make postings
    we are not friends and we know each other personally, but posting on Argentina in the same forum as me.
    soltec
    soltec

Post  soltec Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:41 am

Russian Patriot wrote:

What is the problem with my first post?
    dunno
    I think that more that 4900 views of this is very good for all types forum.
    Your Forum now is is at the top of google now when something search about HMS Invincible sunk in 1982.
    This is bad for you?
    I do not ask them believing in me, I'm just providing information and would contribute more information from Russia because you can access information that never came to Argentina
    UK government does, and I no see the reason that is not questioned.

Sorry by my poor english i use google translator Wink
    soltec
    soltec

Post  soltec Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 am

for example
    see this photo
    source: http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/PictureViewers/InPicturesImagesFromTheFalklandsConflictOf1982.htm
    Photo number 2
    HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982 - Page 5 Seaharrierabordodellust

MOD of UK say that this ship is HMS Invincible during Malvinas War in 1982...
    But not is!!

HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982 - Page 5 Portapapeles02tobera
    Is the HMS Illustrious Wink

ministry staff do not know your own ships?

Is this acceptable in a government?
    Kysusha
    Kysusha

Post  Kysusha Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:14 am

While I can accept that there are some difficult questions that need to be answered about the timing of the attack, possible damage, time on station and return to port; the overwhelming feeling is that a stunt [deception] of this magnitude would require planning and expertise of a super-human.

Remember that Press were embedded with the troops and Invincible was [I believe] carrying the major portion of the Press hangers-on.

How would the loss of lifes, personal injury, stopping loose talk and the silencing of the total media pack be accomplished? It would only take one person to break ranks and speak out of turn – get drunk and moth off etc or accept money for a story and the whole episode would blow up.

Much and all as I like a good conspiracy theory – I also like it to be practical.
    Kysusha
    Kysusha

Post  Kysusha Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:23 am

soltec wrote:for example
    see this photo
    source: http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/PictureViewers/InPicturesImagesFromTheFalklandsConflictOf1982.htm
    Photo number 2
    HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982 - Page 5 Seaharrierabordodellust

MOD of UK say that this ship is HMS Invincible during Malvinas War in 1982...
    But not is!!

HMS Invincible and the Malvinas War in 1982 - Page 5 Portapapeles02tobera
    Is the HMS Illustrious Wink

ministry staff do not know your own ships?

Is this acceptable in a government?

Personally, I think you are reading too much into this. Many Defence agencies around the world release "file" pictures when there is no specific reason for an original. There again, it may not have been the MoD - most News agencies go to their library and use photos from that to illistrate a story. In doing so, I do not beleive that they are intentionally trying to be miss-leading and from their perspective - there IS NO / WAS NO issue over the carriers so they were not tryuing to confuse on that score.
    Without seeing the total article and the dialogue that went with it - it really is unreasonable to say that this is a deliberate attampt at deception - hell,, the Argies should know about that after all the stories and "file" photos they released!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:06 am

Soltec, please make it clear to eternauta that he is welcome, but like everyone else needs to follow the rules.

Moderating is a largely thankless job so telling a moderator to be more patient actually sounds strange when it was just a warning that was given... it is the job of the moderator to ensure everyone follows the rules... if RP was being impatient he could have given a week ban or something drastic. In comparison with that it was just a polite clear warning in the language eternauta speaks (I assume).

I have never been to a forum where moderators decisions are up for public question let alone discussion and I really don't think a forum could work that way anyway.

Regarding the thread, I think you are reaching a bit.

Sure the British government tells lies all the time, but there are simply things it cannot hide.

The west largely won the propaganda war as well as the cold war, but they aren't that good at it.

And of course there is the obvious question...if they could disguise the damage or sinking of a carrier why admit to any losses at all? There would be more witnesses to the damage or sinking of a carrier than any other vessel just based on radio traffic at the time. Certainly the Soviets sent up a satellite specifically to monitor the conflict and I really doubt they would miss a chance to catch the UK in a lie... remember Thatcher and Raygun were hardly the best combination in power for the Soviets, so they would be happy to use something like this to try and bring down Thatcher.
    Russian Patriot
    Russian Patriot

Post  Russian Patriot Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:48 pm

soltec wrote:
    Russian Patriot wrote:

What is the problem with my first post?
    dunno
    I think that more that 4900 views of this is very good for all types forum.
    Your Forum now is is at the top of google now when something search about HMS Invincible sunk in 1982.
    This is bad for you?
    I do not ask them believing in me, I'm just providing information and would contribute more information from Russia because you can access information that never came to Argentina
    UK government does, and I no see the reason that is not questioned.

Sorry by my poor english i use google translator Wink

Look Soltec , I have nothing against you or your countryman . I just insist on all rules being followed ( with no exceptions). I did not even give you a warning about no intro. But telling me what I should do is a step over the line! if you have anything against me , report it to Vlad or the other mods!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm