Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
zepia
Broski
Backman
ahmedfire
RTN
The-thing-next-door
Krepost
Firebird
famschopman
Singular_Transform
owais.usmani
AMCXXL
TMA1
Big_Gazza
sepheronx
Dr.Snufflebug
littlerabbit
Arsenic
Belisarius
Sujoy
Lapain
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
VARGR198
ucmvulcan
Manov
calripson
sundoesntrise
DerWolf
diabetus
AMK
Werewolf
Rodion_Romanovic
Godric
0nillie0
caveat emptor
PhSt
AlfaT8
Scorpius
GunshipDemocracy
pavi
Walther von Oldenburg
Arkanghelsk
Arrow
Tolstoy
Stealthflanker
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
mr_hd
Karl Haushofer
auslander
Podlodka77
GarryB
lyle6
d_taddei2
MMBR
Erk
PapaDragon
Azi
crod
mnztr
franco
billybatts91
JohninMK
zorobabel
lancelot
Regular
ludovicense
dionis
nomadski
thegopnik
Kiko
ALAMO
flamming_python
Hole
limb
Isos
80 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32

Post  JohninMK Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:37 pm

Interesting activity. Its either Russian SF or local partisans of which there could be many in that area. If the later it should be of major concern for the Kiev Government.

The tracks in the Odessa region were blown up. The railroad received a report of a freight train stoppage as a result of a railroad track explosion on the Berezovka - Rauhovka section.

The Russian Army did not do this one, ergo it’s…

https://t.me/Slavyangrad/20904

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, MMBR, nomadski, Hole, lancelot and Broski like this post

limb

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32

Post  limb Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:39 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    LNR troops as some sources say (Rusych TG group)

Yeah, I have watched that already :afraid:
    It is 80th Air Assault Bde responsible for.
    Seems that Russkie already found the guilties by name. One of them get wounded in the process, and probably some of the executed fought for life - most probably the one that lay alone on the right.

Just curious: does anyone of you folks recorded an example of executing POWs by the Russkies?
    Serious question, nobody is able to see all material we have out there, but we all together most probably did.
    I have registered two cases when Russkie executed Ukrainian soldiers, but on both occasions the situation is unclear. In both cases, the victims have been wounded earlier, and it might have been an act of mercy. One body resembles the guy who had a skull crash open, without any chance to survive. The other was shoot in a clash, dragged into position, searched, and shoot 3 times after that. Anyway, the body didn't respond to anything, he could be already dead and just "finished" to be sure.
    None of those two was a POW situation.
    Have any of you marked anything alike?
    A better question is how 16 troops of the world's most mechanized army let themselves get captured by a bunch of monkeys with toyotas and 60yo surplus APCs.

16 troops just captured like that lends credence to the fact that the russian troops in the svatovo are demotivated and they have very heavy losses, due to shitty commanders and lack of coordination.

meanwhile Z telegram celebrates when 1 or 2 ukroshits are captured.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:43 pm

Sujoy wrote " To prevent their cruise missiles from being intercepted by Ukrainian SAMs what Russia can do is use cruise missiles in tandem with a reconnaissance drone flying at high altitude and detecting targets. Then the reconnaissance drone transmits coordinates to the cruise missiles allowing it to glide towards the target. '"

Good idea , I was thinking along same lines , whether providing extra target for AD and extra work load , or jamming , they can be sent in advance ( they are slower than jet cruise ) and arrive at target at the same time as cruise . But AD probably programmed by now to ignore slow target , therefore drone fires rocket decoy to fool Doppler shift and draws fire , allowing cruise to hit targets .
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:49 pm

[quote="limb"]
    ALAMO wrote:
    A better question is how 16 troops of the world's most mechanized army let themselves get captured by a bunch of monkeys with toyotas and 60yo surplus APCs.

16 troops just captured like that lends credence to the fact that the russian troops in the svatovo are demotivated and they have very heavy losses, due to shitty commanders and lack of coordination.

meanwhile Z telegram celebrates when 1 or 2 ukroshits are captured.

If it was the army, most likely logistics got exposed, but as mentioned, they are LNR and their troop quality varies... A lot.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, MMBR, limb and Broski like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:59 pm

https://vk.com/video-40067852_456262056

GarryB likes this post

0nillie0
    0nillie0

Post  0nillie0 Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:06 pm

limb wrote:
    A better question is how 16 troops of the world's most mechanized army let themselves get captured by a bunch of..........

Against my better judgement i wil respond to you, mainly to give an example on how the quote function can be used without exposing the full post of those on plenty of People's foe list.

It can be equally argued that the brutality of the captors is an indication of their low moral, bad command and agitation due tot large losses. It makes more sense that way. You are IMHO the definition of a troll. You should consider showing some respect to those PoW 's rather than come up with some BS.

Now i hope People Will stop quoting your Poison in full.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, MMBR, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:10 pm

ALAMO wrote:Yeah, I have watched that already :afraid:
    It is 80th Air Assault Bde responsible for.
    Seems that Russkie already found the guilties by name. One of them get wounded in the process, and probably some of the executed fought for life - most probably the one that lay alone on the right.

Just curious: does anyone of you folks recorded an example of executing POWs by the Russkies?
    Serious question, nobody is able to see all material we have out there, but we all together most probably did.
    I have registered two cases when Russkie executed Ukrainian soldiers, but on both occasions the situation is unclear. In both cases, the victims have been wounded earlier, and it might have been an act of mercy. One body resembles the guy who had a skull crash open, without any chance to survive. The other was shoot in a clash, dragged into position, searched, and shoot 3 times after that. Anyway, the body didn't respond to anything, he could be already dead and just "finished" to be sure.
    None of those two was a POW situation.
    Have any of you marked anything alike?

No

I don't rule out that it could happen, war is a factory of hate after all. But if it did then no-one would be stupid enough to record themselves doing something like that

In the Ukr case however, they record these snuff videos at whatever date and then release them in batches timed for some event or occurrence. In other words they use torture and execution of POWs as a means of psychological warfare.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and MMBR like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:20 pm

Isos wrote:

Ukrainians are better off not attempting to shoot the missiles down. They're targeting just power infrastructure anyway

While shooting them down runs the risk of them exploding on someone's house

I remember a few months ago there was a video from Odessa where someone was recording as a Kalibr was either hit by air defense, or otherwise malfunctioned, then veered off course, and straight into a multi-story apartment bloc.

GarryB and MMBR like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:29 pm

Collateral damages will occure no matter what.

I have some doubts about the videos. Some seem to be fake.

The second video seem to be plane and not a cruise missile. Too much flames when burning the fuel tank. The amount of fuel burn would never fit in a missile.

However those kalibr still fly to high. They should be flying 50-100m not above.

They also need to come up with cheap dummy missiles to attract the AD missiles and maje them spend their stock.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:29 pm

JohninMK wrote:DNR said a long time ago that specifically Ukie artillery operatives would not be spared, for 1000s of good reasons.

I talked to a girl from Ternopol (western Ukraine) earlier on in the war

She said their guys are afraid to surrender as during the last war, the rebels had executed people from Western Ukraine. I heard about that previous, but only in regards to members of Pravyj Sektor. Maybe she was talking about the same thing. I don't think any ordinary conscripts or officers from western Ukraine were ever killed after capture.

kvs, JohninMK and Ispan like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:39 pm

I'm not going to share it here. But, footage has been released today of Ukrainian NeoNazis executing prisoners of war.
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:41 pm

The question is why is Russia building defenses in Crimea? Are they planning to withdraw completely from the south of Ukraine? scratch

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Arrow wrote:The question is why is Russia building defenses in Crimea? Are they planning to withdraw completely from the south of Ukraine? scratch
    Crimea has always had defenses since it joined the RF. Even before then the Black Sea Fleet was there.
    In case you missed the memo, Ukraine can shell Crimea from western Kherson.

If you have 300k+ new soldiers from the mobilization, you might as well get them to do something useful.

Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:51 pm

Interesting Smile

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, JohninMK, owais.usmani and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:53 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Ukrainians are better off not attempting to shoot the missiles down. They're targeting just power infrastructure anyway

While shooting them down runs the risk of them exploding on someone's house

I remember a few months ago there was a video from Odessa where someone was recording as a Kalibr was either hit by air defense, or otherwise malfunctioned, then veered off course, and straight into a multi-story apartment bloc.
    Fun fact: the cruise missile shot down in that video was an old Kh-55 without warhead, acting as a decoy.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:04 pm

0nillie0 wrote:
    limb wrote:
    A better question is how 16 troops of the world's most mechanized army let themselves get captured by a bunch of..........

Against my better judgement i wil respond to you, mainly to give an example on how the quote function can be used without exposing the full post of those on plenty of People's foe list.

It can be equally argued that the brutality of the captors is an indication of their low moral, bad command and agitation due tot large losses. It makes more sense that way. You are IMHO the definition of a troll. You should consider showing some respect to those PoW 's rather than come up with some BS.

Now i hope People Will stop quoting your Poison in full.

SO the gist of your argument is: "The ukrainians are capturing and executing russian troops, that means they're losing, and youre a meanie troll". No logic.

Those russian(not LNR, lugansk is an integral part of Russia) troops disrespected themselves by being captured by those poorly equipped monkeys

PapaDragon likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:16 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:DNR said a long time ago that specifically Ukie artillery operatives would not be spared, for 1000s of good reasons.

She said their guys are afraid to surrender as during the last war, the rebels had executed people from Western Ukraine. I heard about that previous, but only in regards to members of Pravyj Sektor. Maybe she was talking about the same thing. I don't think any ordinary conscripts or officers from western Ukraine were ever killed after capture.

Ukrs love to live in fantasy. Like their claim that the Donbass residents are Russian squatters who moved in after the Holodomor killed off
    the original Ukr inhabitants. This Ternopil female is clearly driveling the same type of BS. Ukr mass media and pundits told her so it must
    be true. I am sure she also believes that it was the Russian army that invaded the Donbass in 2014 and was doing all the fighting against
    her heroes in Azov and Aidar.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, Ispan, Hole, limb and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:23 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 36 Scree501
    Chechnya, 2005

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, zepia, JohninMK and like this post

AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:36 pm

flamming_python wrote:

In the summer offensive of 2014, replacement soldiers were not executed, nor were any other
    In fact, they were allowed to call the family to come for them since the fascist junta totally abandoned the military in the middle of the field.
    About the western Ukrainians, the military units from that part of the country were annihilated in open field by means of artillery attacks mainly

The Polish, Lithuanian, Latvian mercenaries, etc... and nazis form Pravy Sektor and other were simply not taken prisoner, especially because they did not surrender because they knew they would not leave Donbass alive. The militia explains in the video

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Ispan and Hole like this post

mr_hd

Post  mr_hd Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Isos wrote:Collateral damages will occure no matter what.

I have some doubts about the videos. Some seem to be fake.

The second video seem to be plane and not a cruise missile. Too much flames when burning the fuel tank. The amount of fuel burn would never fit in a missile.

However those kalibr still fly to high. They should be flying 50-100m not above.

They also need to come up with cheap dummy missiles to attract the AD missiles and maje them spend their stock.
    There are clips of Kalibr interceptions when they are flying really low, it is available on the internet.

So far both German and US-Norwegian air defense systems proved to be quite efficient in interception. Those are not well tested systems and there were doubts about their performance just few weeks ago. The issue is that they are expensive to use and complex - need quite a large training and their production rate is slow meaning Ukraine will not get enough systems to cover larger area any time soon. Country is too large. On long run they will get more of those systems and Ukraine will be super loaded with western weapons and systems like it is full member of NATO at the end.

lancelot and ucmvulcan dislike this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:12 pm

The Polish newspaper Wyborcza published a map of the arrival of the Ukrainian C-300 missile in Przewodow

The Polish newspaper Wyborcza published on its website a map showing exactly how the Ukrainian missile hit the village of Przewoduv.

According to the publication, a missile of the Russian Armed Forces flew towards the Dobrotvorskaya thermal power plant (TPP), and the Ukrainian side tried to shoot it down with an S-300 missile fired from Lviv , which eventually hit Poland .

Wyborcza notes that Dobrotvorskaya TPP is located to the northeast of Lviv, and the rocket was fired to the northwest.

Earlier, Lukasz Jasina, spokesman for the Polish Foreign Ministry , said that the Polish authorities expect to quickly complete the investigation into the situation around the missile fall and receive its results in the next few days. He also noted that Warsaw invites Ukrainian experts to visit the scene.

Polish President Andrzej Duda also stated that the country's air defense system was unable to shoot down a fallen Ukrainian missile.

On November 15, Polish media reported that two rockets fell in the village of Przewodow in the Lublin Voivodeship, killing two people.

https://www-gazeta-ru.translate.goog/army/news/2022/11/18/19067911.shtml?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and owais.usmani like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:14 pm

There is no proof it was western systems.

They have received very few AD systems maybe 2 irist and 2 nasams.

They have very short range against low flying cruise missiles.

Igla and osa are the most likely system used against them.

GarryB likes this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:16 pm

Mash: APU naval drone attacked the Sheskharis oil harbor in Novorossiysk

The oil harbor "Sheskharis" in Novorossiysk on November 18 was attacked by a naval drone of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU). This is reported by the Mash Telegram channel and publishes a video of the incident.

According to Mash, an explosion in the harbor area was recorded on the night of November 18.

In the morning, experts recorded the damage. As the channel notes, the damage was minimal and did not affect the performance of the oil harbor systems.

At the scene of the attack, experts found the wreckage of a surface drone. According to preliminary data, this is the same Ukrainian drone that was used in the attack on the Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol at the end of October.

The transshipment complex "Sheskharis" is one of the largest oil loading complexes for transshipment of oil and oil products in the south of Russia . It has been in operation since 1964 and is designed to receive, store and ship oil and oil products for export, as well as supply oil to factories in the Krasnodar Territory . To date, the transshipment complex is located on 258 hectares and has two production sites Sheskharis and Grushovaya.

On November 16, the governor of the Oryol region , Andrey Klychkov , reported an explosion at an oil depot in the village of Stalnoy Kon. According to him, the object was allegedly attacked by a drone.

https://www-gazeta-ru.translate.goog/army/news/2022/11/18/19067623.shtml?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

GarryB, AMCXXL, Hole and lancelot like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:19 pm

ALAMO wrote:

I have been keeping up nearly daily with following and downloading.
    But i have just two cases where RF/LPR/DPR finishes off badly injured Ukrainians that where almost dead.
    One video where they just scare a guy into tears so he starts talking where his friends and the weapons are. He is not harmed.
    One video where they force a nazi guy to eat an small patch.
    And that is seriously it.

On the Ukraine part on the other hand, That is just one execution after another.
    What does one expect from an bunch of Crazed NATO Bandera Nazi's?.

Got footage of them entering an town saying" shoot everyone without an blue armband" and apparently they did.
    Planting explosives on child playgrounds.
    Just gunning down random people on the streets, etc.
    Executing Russian POWS, on multiple videos.

There need to be more TOS-1A's on the frontlines, Neutralization by Thermobaric Hellfire is the only fitting end for these kind of people.

Either way, the war moves on. RIP for those troops.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:21 pm

GarryB likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am