Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
zepia
Broski
Backman
ahmedfire
RTN
The-thing-next-door
Krepost
Firebird
famschopman
Singular_Transform
owais.usmani
AMCXXL
TMA1
Big_Gazza
sepheronx
Dr.Snufflebug
littlerabbit
Arsenic
Belisarius
Sujoy
Lapain
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
VARGR198
ucmvulcan
Manov
calripson
sundoesntrise
DerWolf
diabetus
AMK
Werewolf
Rodion_Romanovic
Godric
0nillie0
caveat emptor
PhSt
AlfaT8
Scorpius
GunshipDemocracy
pavi
Walther von Oldenburg
Arkanghelsk
Arrow
Tolstoy
Stealthflanker
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
mr_hd
Karl Haushofer
auslander
Podlodka77
GarryB
lyle6
d_taddei2
MMBR
Erk
PapaDragon
Azi
crod
mnztr
franco
billybatts91
JohninMK
zorobabel
lancelot
Regular
ludovicense
dionis
nomadski
thegopnik
Kiko
ALAMO
flamming_python
Hole
limb
Isos
80 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:09 pm

billybatts91 wrote:If a large counter offensive by Russia doesn't happen this winter, this war is over. Important next few weeks and months coming up.

Billy boy, there is a reason why someone is at the head of the Russian state and military. This is neither 1812 nor 1941,there is no reason to rush and that is why there is no hurry.
    You don't even know what the inside of the Kremlin looks like, just like I don't either, and you especially don't know what it means to rule from the Kremlin. Laughing
    Relax, let the Russians do their job..

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, auslander, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

franco
    franco

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32

Post  franco Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:17 pm

Wonder how many the USA took in dunno

https://twitter.com/jaccocharite/status/1591812422838489091/photo/1

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:20 pm

DPR casualty figures for the week and overall total... 105 combat deaths and 441 injuries last week.

https://twitter.com/jaccocharite/status/1591827315608133633/photo/1
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:25 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    Isos, this is why you live in the past; Citroen DS and Citroen and Citroen CX were undoubtedly a factor in the past. What does Citroen produce today and who buys it, except the French ?

The problem with the people is that they are living in universes they find comfortable.
    Seeking ones.
    Yup, the best way to consider things is to take some screenshots two decades old - that makes sense.
    Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Sure I had some Citroens, and Peugeots. Nothing wrong with them. I liked all of them a lot.
    A whole PSA group is just a shadow of itself. They don't even produce a flagman anymore, as it proved to be too expensive and not fit for the competition.
    Yet they are one of the most advanced and dary concerns, imagine that Shocked
    C6 was a gem of European engineering. Faded away ...
    But they won't stand fair competition with the Chinese manufacturers anymore.
    That is why the EU has a de facto closed market for Chinese car makers.
    It is impossible to hide that behind the slogans anymore.
    Yet it is not forbidden to try, ones can be mammoths if they wish so Laughing Laughing Laughing Extinctioning species.

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, lancelot and Podlodka77 like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:25 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:If a large counter offensive by Russia doesn't happen this winter, this war is over. Important next few weeks and months coming up.

Billy boy, there is a reason why someone is at the head of the Russian state and military. This is neither 1812 nor 1941,there is no reason to rush and that is why there is no hurry.
    You don't even know what the inside of the Kremlin looks like, just like I don't either, and you especially don't know what it means to rule from the Kremlin.  Laughing

Well, they're certainly in a rush to retreat from as many places as they can but unfortunately wars are not won that way. The longer this war drags on the worse it is for Russia. The longer Russia doesn't counter anything the Ukrainians do on the ground, the worse off they are. I don't understand how optimists such as yourself can act like everything is smooth sailing and people should just kick up their feet, sit back and relax lol. This is delusional thinking and it's why the Russians have done so poorly in this war. Thinking like this and underestimating the enemy is why Russia is on the brink of a humiliating defeat if drastic measures aren't taken soon to actually compete in this war.
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:32 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    Isos, this is why you live in the past; Citroen DS and Citroen and Citroen CX were undoubtedly a factor in the past. What does Citroen produce today and who buys it, except the French ?

The problem with the people is that they are living in universes they find comfortable.
    Seeking ones.
    Yup, the best way to consider things is to take some screenshots two decades old - that makes sense.
    Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Sure I had some Citroens, and Peugeots. Nothing wrong with them. I liked all of them a lot.
    A whole PSA group is just a shadow of itself. They don't even produce a flagman anymore, as it proved to be too expensive and not fit for the competition.
    Yet they are one of the most advanced and dary concerns, imagine that Shocked
    C6 was a gem of European engineering. Faded away ...
    But they won't stand fair competition with the Chinese manufacturers anymore.
    That is why the EU has a de facto closed market for Chinese car makers.
    It is impossible to hide that behind the slogans anymore.
    Yet it is not forbidden to try, ones can be mammoths if they wish so Laughing Laughing Laughing  Extinctioning species.

Although I don't like the idea of ​​electric cars because I'm a fossil and I'm used to a manual gearbox, time takes its toll and many people say that the Chinese have gone far (maybe even the best) in the direction of developing and manufacturing those cars. And I brought those two pictures of Citroens to Isos just so he could see for himself what the past and present state means. The future will be even worse, it seems to me, for the Germans as well.

Greetings from a madman for a madman, in a positive sense ! welcome

GarryB likes this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:38 pm

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:43 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

You don't even know what the inside of the Kremlin looks like, just like I don't either, and you especially don't know what it means to rule from the Kremlin.  Laughing

Well, they're certainly in a rush to retreat from as many places as they can but unfortunately wars are not won that way. The longer this war drags on the worse it is for Russia. The longer Russia doesn't counter anything the Ukrainians do on the ground, the worse off they are. I don't understand how optimists such as yourself can act like everything is smooth sailing and people should just kick up their feet, sit back and relax lol. This is delusional thinking and it's why the Russians have done so poorly in this war. Thinking like this and underestimating the enemy is why Russia is on the brink of a humiliating defeat if drastic measures aren't taken soon to actually compete in this war.

Really?
    They already lost 16 million out of 42 million; 7.8 million refugees, 6.2 million in liberated areas and 2 million in Crimea.. If I'm not mistaken, that's 38% of the population... Laughing
    And how long do you think they can last with the destroyed industry, the economy, the military-industrial complex, as well as with the military equipment they receive from the West, which is assembled with the help of sticks and ropes ? unshaven
    What do you think awaits the "state" of Ukroshitstan when all this is over ? There will be a harsh sobering up, great despair and even greater depopulation.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, zardof, MMBR, Hole, lyle6, Broski and Belisarius like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:46 pm

Last time I was told that water from the dam is in the process of being released, its been at least 4 weeks since then, how long does it take for the entire dam water level to be emptied? Its as if its taking forever, If this is the case then just blow the entire dam and be done with it Rolling Eyes
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:49 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    Although I don't like the idea of ​​electric cars because I'm a fossil and I'm used to a manual gearbox, time takes its toll and many people say that the Chinese have gone far (maybe even the best) in the direction of developing and manufacturing those cars. And I brought those two pictures of Citroens to Isos just so he could see for himself what the past and present state means. The future will be even worse, it seems to me, for the Germans as well.
    Greetings from a madman for a madman, in a positive sense !  welcome

That is not even a matter of a cars bro.
    Just a global indicator of how things are changing rapidly.
    A lot of folks can't catch up, and for multiple reasons.
    Not that they are not smart enough or something - they only lack perspective.
    It is easy for me, as I work with the Chinese for years. I have friends there, business partners, I was in the first row to watch how things are speeding there.
    If someone has no privilege like that, things are just getting unbelievable.
    My friend just bought an app in Shenzen that was some $500k. The Chinese can afford that, you know?
    If you stand down to the newly built apartment house that holds 300 or more apps - every single Chinese family there is a millionaire.
    And the line of such apps extends to the horizon.
    We are talking about how the J-20 might lack this or that, but the missing point is that they are capable and mature enough to be produced in dozens. A quantity is a quality of its own, as Stalin said once - nothing changed.
    Considering a 25+ years old F-22 to be better in anything to this piece is just a matter of belief I suppose - the westerners do want to believe in things because the objective factors are striking hard. Again and again.
    Who cares if the Type 055 might be inferior (ha ha ha ha) to let's say Arleigh Burke but who cares? They can build 12 of those simultaneously, without even sweating themselves. And how "superior" can be something created 40 years ago??
    A broken pride, failed ego - this is what will be left. Phantom pains of used-to-be empire.

littlerabbit, gc3762, lancelot, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:21 pm

DerWolf wrote:I read somewhere in twitter the Russian flag has disappeared from center Melitopol, same happened from Kherson before withdrow.

Russia is just fucking with its own doomers at this stage pirat

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and ucmvulcan like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:22 pm

VARGR198 wrote:

That looks to me like Ukrainian going to fortify the city and make it fire control just like Avdeevka.

Phst wrote:

Last time I was told that water from the dam is in the process of being released, its been at least 4 weeks since then, how long does it take for the entire dam water level to be emptied? Its as if its taking forever, If this is the case then just blow the entire dam and be done with it

They were releasing the water to relieve any potential disaster if Ukrainians make stupid things like blowing the dam. Which will sink most of Kherson city and Russian forces there. Now that Russians left the city does it mean it's good to blow the dam ? No. the flood will also hit the left bank, hard also Crimean canal would run into the risk of being starved of water as it needs water level to be high so it can flow water as far s Dzankhoi.

GarryB likes this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

Really?
    They already lost 16 million out of 42 million; 7.8 million refugees, 6.2 million in liberated areas and 2 million in Crimea.. If I'm not mistaken, that's 38% of the population...  Laughing
    And how long do you think they can last with the destroyed industry, the economy, the military-industrial complex, as well as with the military equipment they receive from the West, which is assembled with the help of sticks and ropes ?  unshaven
    What do you think awaits the "state" of Ukroshitstan when all this is over ? There will be a harsh sobering up, great despair and even greater depopulation.

Why do you act like Russians will be living the life? You don't think they're not suffering as well now? Right now it's going better than expected for their economy after the sanctions have been put on them, but do you think that will last? It will get worse in Russia too. On the war front, many dead and injured on the Russian side, a lot of equipment destroyed as well and what do they have to show for it? Look at the retreats that have occurred since April. Not many big gains since Mariupol unfortunately. And it looks like more "tough decisions" will be made by Russian leaders. Kadyrov and Dugin have been very pessimistic (publicly) lately and they are two of the most fervent Putin/Russian nationalists there are right now. Sanctions have also hurt Russian military tech since they used a lot of Western/Pro-Western countries tech in their hardware.

Ukrainians can mobilize way more people for the war effort than Russia is willing to. They also have a bunch of foreign volunteers to help them replenish if needed. NATO and their allies as a collective, can provide an almost endless amount of weaponry and money to the Ukrainians, since they're all in to give Russia a humiliating defeat here. Ukrainians have also shown no signs that they're interested in any peace deals or negotiations. On the contrary, the more land Russia gives up and retreats from, the more emboldened Ukrainians and the collective West will get. They will push further and further and further. Their morale is only growing stronger and Russia's is growing weaker. Only if Russia starts to push them back and takes large swathes of land will this turn around for them.

And about those millions "lost", a lot of them are coming back. With Russia constantly retreating and looking weak, Ukranians aren't even that scared anymore. They'll put up with the occasional rocket/drone attacks in cities...they're used to it by now.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 47474710
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:42 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    DerWolf wrote:I read somewhere in twitter the Russian flag has disappeared from center Melitopol, same happened from Kherson before withdrow.

Russia is just fucking with its own doomers at this stage pirat

Oh yeah, now is a great time to goof off lol....ha ha ha....hilarious joke. Rolling Eyes
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:12 pm

Ukraine already planning the next offensive, apparently 50 thousand troops are in this area ready to attack very soon. This is what retreating gets you smh..."But but but......we retreated for better defensive positions" lol.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 37757410
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:19 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Ukraine already planning the next offensive, apparently 50 thousand troops are in this area ready to attack very soon. This is what retreating gets you smh..."But but but......we retreated for better defensive positions" lol.

Don't say I didn't tell you so! I already said this months ago

People here use too much emotions and not their heads, so they use "doomer" as an insult or insult people who don't have the same view as them

Podlodka and the rest of the cope addicts keep saying that Ukraine will collapse any day now

I remember when Nikolay Starikov and the clowns from the fringe parties like Fedorov were saying that losing donbass would cost Ukraine , and they'd collapse any day now

The same crowd is now saying that lack of electricity will collapse Ukraine

Ukraine, and Ukrainians fought in WW2, on the Ukrainian front, these people are hardened people, just like Russians , and will take any loss and any hardship in the conduct of the war

To expect Ukraine to roll over from blackouts and lack of heat is hilarious

billybatts91 likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:26 pm

TMA1 wrote:Serbia is in a horrific position. I dont blame those feeling anger. But I would say that those in Serbia should realize this existential to the western elites. Same for Russia. Serbia needs to play the game as best they can, but also realize that the west will never allow a sovereign Serbia. You will take in the migrants. You will eat the bugs. You will own nothing and you will be happy....

We are playing the game as best as we can and considering how much of a crater Russia has blown in our entire foreign policy and diplomatic and security situation I'd say we are doing better than anyone could have hoped for, me first and foremost

We already know what it's like to not be sovereign nation thanks primarily to putting faith in Russia

We already ate worse things than bugs (or wished we at least had bugs to eat) thanks to putting faith in Russia

We already owned​ nothing before so it's not a new experience, again thanks to putting faith in Russia

As for migrants we already have them and we would all gladly take migrants​ over our neighbors any day of the week

Russia torched it's reputation here long ago, all that's left is nostalgia which they have been cruising on ever since the 90s

Whatever little boost in status they gotten after Syria has been shredded the moment they started pussyfooting and being manhandled by bunch of apes

All that Russia gets here these days are eyerolls and scoffs

It's not Ukrainians​ who are building defensive positions, it's Russians

It's not Ukrainians​ who are running away, it's Russians

It's not Ukrainians​ who are blowing up bridges behind them, it's Russians

It's not Ukrainians who are losing territory, it's Russians

It's not Russians who are entering conquered cities as heroes, it's Ukrainians

We have been on the "right side of history" for over a century and we got nothing but suffering for our trouble and I seriously doubt that Russia with it's current approach will be able to deliver anything other than usual this time so ditching the losers and doing the smart thing this time is seen as very desirable approach

Local fanboys, cultists and tankies are online and on the talk shows doing their very best trying​ to sell the old approach yet again but nobody is stupid enough to buy it anymore

Winners will deliver the goods, losers willd drop you cold, we learned that the hard way and nobody is in the mood for refresher course, we had more than enough of those

Hannibal Barca, owais.usmani and Arkanghelsk like this post

Firebird, Big_Gazza and zardof dislike this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:27 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:Ukraine already planning the next offensive, apparently 50 thousand troops are in this area ready to attack very soon. This is what retreating gets you smh..."But but but......we retreated for better defensive positions" lol.

Don't say I didn't tell you so! I already said this months ago

People here use too much emotions and not their heads, so they use "doomer" as an insult or insult people who don't have the same view as them

Podlodka and the rest of the cope addicts keep saying that Ukraine will collapse any day now

I remember when Nikolay Starikov and the clowns from the fringe parties like Fedorov were saying that losing donbass would cost Ukraine , and they'd collapse any day now

The same crowd is now saying that lack of electricity will collapse Ukraine

Ukraine, and Ukrainians fought in WW2, on the Ukrainian front, these people are hardened people, just like Russians , and will take any loss and any hardship in the conduct of the war

To expect Ukraine to roll over from blackouts and lack of heat is hilarious

The hysterical optimists on this forum truly believe everything is going alright and somehow things will magically work out in the end because they're so fanatically convinced inside their brains that this is how it MUST be and this is how it MUST play out, as if the movie is already over and they know in advance what the outcome will be. They're literally delusional and committed to this delusion. They don't even want to here the slightest of criticisms about the direction of this so called "SMO". That is not healthy or smart. They really believe Putin and the leaders around him were sent by God to lead Russia to greatness, that nothing will derail them, even if reality on the ground says otherwise.

Firebird dislikes this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:29 pm

Hole wrote:
    Was replaced with a new one.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 Img_2203
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 Img_2204

🇷🇺 New Russian tricolor raised over Melitopol

On November 13, in the center of the capital of the Zaporozhye region, planned work was carried out to repair the flagpole and replace the main state symbol of Russia.

A flag made by local residents is now flying over Victory Square - this was a fundamental decision of the townspeople and the administration of this Russian region.

The flag makers honored the tradition of the soldiers of the Great Patriotic War and placed the inscription “Together forever” on the flag.

https://t.me/intelslava/40992?single

Last edited by Belisarius on Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:29 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    And about those millions "lost", a lot of them are coming back. With Russia constantly retreating and looking weak, Ukranians aren't even that scared anymore. They'll put up with the occasional rocket/drone attacks in cities...they're used to it by now.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 47474710

The problem, life is hard when you are a refugee and most of the people who left were women with kids. Not only they were targeted by sex traffickers, but some of them got into modern slavery situations too. Mafia doesn't sleep even during the war.

It makes perfect sense why they are returning.

Internal refugees are quite a problem at the moment. Not to mention that soon they will be leaving Kiev due to power/heating shortages.

GarryB and VARGR198 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:30 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 Fhdwld10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 Opfer_10
    That map can´t be right. We all know that "Ukraine" is a 900.000 year old superpower. Where is it?  scratch

GarryB, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:37 pm

Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 Fhdwld10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #32 - Page 18 Opfer_10
    That map can´t be right. We all know that "Ukraine" is a 900.000 year old superpower. Where is it?  scratch

And what good are such "feel good" memes ?

What good are Odysee videos by comrade wolf ?

What good are the Clownish music videos posted by podlodka?

What good are the token support by western outcasts?

What good comes from sticking your heads in the sand and running to Martyanov, and the other florida clown Raevsky to get your daily dose of cope?

And Lira , I won't even talk about it, his passport saved him where it didn't for real Russians

Here is a dose of reality :

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/9364

Mobilized chewed out the little czars , fucking ministry of Defense is sending guys out teaching how to fucking parade

And where is the air support? If your not even gonna train guys, but protect the brotherly people?

Save the civilians? Send ours to die?

Damn it all

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:58 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:

Here is a dose of reality :

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/9364

Mobilized chewed out the little czars , fucking ministry of Defense is sending guys out teaching how to fucking parade

And where is the air support? If your not even gonna train guys, but protect the brotherly people?

Save the civilians? Send ours to die?

Damn it all

Thanks for sharing, that was very interesting video.

Russians are not quiet anymore. This guy who started "khay" is a fucking hero. Clearly was an officer in the previous service. I hope his unit will get sorted. Russia needs more people like him who will raise their voice and get it fixed.

As you can see, they are not 18 year old kids without a voice, they are not afraid of officers, they have been through this system in the past.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:22 pm

He certainly wiped the smile off his wife's face in a flash.

d_taddei2 likes this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:51 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    Yes and no! If there really is a plan behind it and the Russian troops suffer far fewer casualties then the strategy can be successful. But if there is no plan behind the withdrawal, but weaknesses in the army or the political leadership, then Russia can also lose the war.

The problem is...we don't know the real reasons! For the Fanbois there is a sophisticated 5D master plan behind it for the Dommer the war is already lost. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle...yeah, it's not all happening in the Russian army, but I think they really have a plan.

One can celebrate military successes, but if the costs are too great, one speaks of a Pyrrhic victory. There are many victories and military successes that have proved to be very disadvantageous for countries in retrospect.

From a purely military point of view, the retreat behind the left bank of the Dnieper is already very clever...no question. The defensive position is just much way better. Politically, however, Russia appears weak. Kherson wasn't really in any danger before the retreat...Russia had enough soldiers and the Ukraine hadn't had any success for weeks. It was a decision of sheer efficiency....but unfortunately the political signal was devastating as a result. I don't think we will experience a major offensive like in February with the mobilized soldiers. But the pressure on Ukraine will increase, and Russia will slowly advance on some sectors of the front. Eventually Ukraine will collapse, but of course this will take time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm