Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+71
ludovicense
Serberus
kvs
lancelot
DerWolf
psg
Walther von Oldenburg
Broski
George1
Ned86
d_taddei2
Singular_Transform
PhSt
Regular
Werewolf
calripson
SolidarityWithRussia
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
mnztr
zorobabel
franco
Scorpius
Airbornewolf
GunshipDemocracy
GarryB
ahmedfire
TMA1
owais.usmani
OminousSpudd
crod
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
par far
Krepost
VARGR198
Belisarius
Big_Gazza
nomadski
nero
dionis
Ispan
flamming_python
Erk
Azi
Arrow
ucmvulcan
walle83
lyle6
Isos
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
JohninMK
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Karl Haushofer
Mir
sepheronx
Firebird
Hole
billybatts91
Arsenic
ATLASCUB
thegopnik
SeigSoloyvov
limb
Arkanghelsk
LMFS
ALAMO
Backman
caveat emptor
75 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2579
    Points : 2581
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:44 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Looks like journalists have no more safety issues with reporting from the front

    And Ukrainians are getting comfortable in their new holdings

    Someone is definitely taking their sweet time

    Looking at it from here it's starting to look awfully a lot like 1995:

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 SmartSize?url=%257e%252fCms_Data%252fContents%252fzagorjecom%252fFolders%252fSlike%252fJednokratnaUpotreba%252f%257econtents%252fXJX2VB379ZZHFWGX%252fpume

    Whatever Ruskies plan on doing (if they plan anything at all) they might start considering getting around doing it



    This whole shit was sold to people as a patriotic rebirth

    It's a big lie, they wrote articles on corruption of Serdyukov

    Guess where he works now? Rostec with Putin buddy Chemezov

    This was a cabal , they did this SMO like a cabal, no questions asked, and they bungled it

    What was the point of the military reform? I thought the money spent was good because it was allocated correctly without corruption

    But this army cannot stop an ex soviet , NATO trained cannon fodder so called "largest in europe" army

    Now we know why a dry dock was finally built after kuznetsov spent a good portion of 15 to 20 years at dock

    Now we know why the construction schedule for military projects is a joke

    Now we know why there was no counterattack in Kharkov

    These clowns sold the USSR, best army ever, for this corrupt shit that could not protect the Russian people in Donbass and in Eastern Ukraine

    Alexander Lebed, Lev Rokhlin, and all those generals that spoke in 90s and early 2000s were completely right of the beastiality of Putin and his regime

    Zyuganov himself says we should mobilize

    But peskov and the statesmen throw it off the table

    I'm voting KPRF , ain't it funny how shit work out?

    We've been told that fight against corruption was successful against Gaidar , Chubais, Kudrin and Niabiullina

    The scum keep running the show , and all patriots ? Dead and gone  

    As Chernomyrdin said  "We wanted the best, but it turned out like always."

    owais.usmani likes this post

    BliTTzZ dislikes this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1215
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:48 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Screen16

    GarryB likes this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1288
    Points : 1290
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:49 pm

    mnztr wrote:
    If what he says is true, i.e this operation was conducted against a planned Russian withdrawal by the 30k Ukrainian strike reserve then you have to ask the question. What plans does Russia have for the withdrawal? If I look at it rationally, why dick around with Karkhov? Just mass troops in Belarus and cut off Western Ukraine. Troops from Belarus head south, while the troops in the south head north through Odessa. Anything else is a waste of blood and treasure. This will be fast as supply lines would be cut pretty quickly.
    And troops in Odessa come from where exactly? Plus, for those huge operations number of troops would have to be much bigger.
    Backman
    Backman


    Posts : 1843
    Points : 1851
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Backman Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:51 pm

    3 days ago , i was confident that whatever happens , Russia can always bring more to bare and win. Now we have guys like Russell Bentley talking about Donetsk being attacked and encircled.

    I'm not sure anymore.

    owais.usmani likes this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2579
    Points : 2581
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:58 pm

    Backman wrote:3 days ago , i was confident that whatever happens , Russia can always bring more to bare and win. Now we have guys like Russell Bentley talking about Donetsk being attacked and encircled.

    I'm not sure anymore.

    Truth is awakening all Russia, and Westerns will come around soon

    owais.usmani likes this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1215
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:01 pm

    Dima needs to chill.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Screen17

    GarryB likes this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1288
    Points : 1290
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:02 pm

    Arkanghelsk wrote:This whole shit was sold to people as a patriotic rebirth

    It's a big lie, they wrote articles on corruption of Serdyukov

    Guess where he works now? Rostec with Putin buddy Chemezov

    This was a cabal , they did this SMO like a cabal, no questions asked, and they bungled it

    What was the point of the military reform? I thought the money spent was good because it was allocated correctly without corruption

    But this army cannot stop an ex soviet , NATO trained cannon fodder so called "largest in europe" army

    Now we know why a dry dock was finally built after kuznetsov spent a good portion of 15 to 20 years at dock

    Now we know why the construction schedule for military projects is a joke

    Now we know why there was no counterattack in Kharkov

    These clowns sold the USSR, best army ever, for this corrupt shit that could not protect the Russian people in Donbass and in Eastern Ukraine

    Alexander Lebed, Lev Rokhlin, and all those generals that spoke in 90s and early 2000s were completely right of the beastiality of Putin and his regime

    Zyuganov himself says we should mobilize

    But peskov and the statesmen throw it off the table

    I'm voting KPRF , ain't it funny how shit work out?

    We've been told that fight against corruption was successful against Gaidar , Chubais, Kudrin and Niabiullina

    The scum keep running the show , and all patriots ? Dead and gone  

    As Chernomyrdin said  "We wanted the best, but it turned out like always."
    Famous Russian pessimism strikes again. Bro take a break. I mean this as a friendly advice. 
    Believe me, I'm Serbian, and even though some of this things do look like a deja vu to me ( i see PD is almost there, as well) ,it is not worth the stress. 
    Btw, i don't think current KPRF leadership is the answer. Maybe grassroots movement within the party could change that. Zyuganov is a systemic opposition whole his life and didn't do a diddly squat to change anything. And their candidate in last presidential elections was even worse.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1215
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:05 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Screen18

    Hole and Mir like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8028
    Points : 8016
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Hole Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:06 pm

    The enemy is stretching the reserves along the flanks (Kherson, Kharkov) exposing the center (Donetsk).

    This is the problem with "people on the ground", they can only see a few kilometres. Just like a guy commanding a infantry squad doesn´t know what the plan of the regiment or brigade is his unit belongs to, even less what the division is up to.

    The enemy got annihilated at the borders of the Kherson region. No battle in the eastern part of the Kharkov region. I hope the UkroNazis try to attack Donetsk, this will be the final nail in their coffin.

    GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B and like this post

    bandit6 dislikes this post

    avatar
    Firebird


    Posts : 1467
    Points : 1497
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Firebird Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:06 pm

    One question for the Emo gang and the Yanks with tourist ushankas on their heads on here.

    If Russia could rustle up 50k troops for a glorified show parade in the Far East last week, surely it can bring in a similar amount to the Pukraine.
    Likewise it had over 200k massed around the Pukraine in February.

    Only an infinitesimal proportion of those troops are no longer available.
    And Russia has many more contract and reservists in all the military regions of Russia.

    If necessary (and its not) Russia could count on troops from N Korea, China, some of the CIS on top/

    Russia has the air power, far superior artillery and tanks, vastly superior missiles and rockets, sea launched power, e-warfare etc etc. The Pukraine has VERY VERY little other than conscript troops.

    Russia is the strongest LAND power in the World. So what Russia "SHOULD" be doing CAN be done.

    The mystery is WHAT will happen and WHY.

    GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Mir and like this post

    Backman
    Backman


    Posts : 1843
    Points : 1851
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Backman Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:08 pm

    I don't remember the Telegram channels being this quiet for the last 24 hours.

    GarryB likes this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8028
    Points : 8016
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Hole Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:08 pm

    The whole summer was a waiting game. NATO blinked first. Now all the Nazi forces are out in the open. Dead men walking.

    GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8028
    Points : 8016
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Hole Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:09 pm

    Backman wrote:I don't remember the Telegram channels being this quiet for the last 24 hours.
    No Ukro bots and trolls because of the black outs.  Very Happy

    GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Sprut-B, thegopnik and like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1288
    Points : 1290
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:09 pm

    Backman wrote:3 days ago , i was confident that whatever happens , Russia can always bring more to bare and win. Now we have guys like Russell Bentley talking about Donetsk being attacked and encircled.

    I'm not sure anymore.
    It's not about military, but politicians. Many Western people get dazzled by shine and splendor of Kremlin.
    It's a golden wrapped shit.

    Big_Gazza dislikes this post

    Backman
    Backman


    Posts : 1843
    Points : 1851
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Backman Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:11 pm

    Firebird wrote:
    The Pukraine has VERY VERY little other than conscript troops.


    Judging from the noise, Nato has put Ukraine uniforms on a foreign army and brought it up to the front.

    GarryB likes this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1215
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:11 pm

    holy **** dude we went from a 40k charge to a bigger number now.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Screen19

    perhaps maybe the stalling for re-enforcements to have more dead ukrainians could be right?

    GarryB and Mir like this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1215
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:17 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Screen20
    avatar
    Firebird


    Posts : 1467
    Points : 1497
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Firebird Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:20 pm

    Backman wrote:
    Firebird wrote:
    The Pukraine has VERY VERY little other than conscript troops.


    Judging from the noise, Nato has put Ukraine uniforms on a foreign army and brought it up to the front.

    I think they are more a mass of Pukraine conscripts with some GATO "instructors" ie soldiers masquerading as mercs.

    If it reaches a certain level, Russia can say it considers it a declaration of war by NATO. Russia could then justify a pound of flesh (well far more) and then GATO will shrivel up like a slug in salt, rather than risk WW3.

    PLus with them being trained outside the Pukraine again, that is tantamount to war.

    Russia needs "Al Qaeda" to sink a couple of US carriers or similar.

    GarryB likes this post

    avatar
    calripson


    Posts : 728
    Points : 789
    Join date : 2013-10-26

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Surprising?

    Post  calripson Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:21 pm

    Arkanghelsk wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Looks like journalists have no more safety issues with reporting from the front

    And Ukrainians are getting comfortable in their new holdings

    Someone is definitely taking their sweet time

    Looking at it from here it's starting to look awfully a lot like 1995:

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 SmartSize?url=%257e%252fCms_Data%252fContents%252fzagorjecom%252fFolders%252fSlike%252fJednokratnaUpotreba%252f%257econtents%252fXJX2VB379ZZHFWGX%252fpume

    Whatever Ruskies plan on doing (if they plan anything at all) they might start considering getting around doing it



    This whole shit was sold to people as a patriotic rebirth

    It's a big lie, they wrote articles on corruption of Serdyukov

    Guess where he works now? Rostec with Putin buddy Chemezov

    This was a cabal , they did this SMO like a cabal, no questions asked, and they bungled it

    What was the point of the military reform? I thought the money spent was good because it was allocated correctly without corruption

    But this army cannot stop an ex soviet , NATO trained cannon fodder so called "largest in europe" army

    Now we know why a dry dock was finally built after kuznetsov spent a good portion of 15 to 20 years at dock

    Now we know why the construction schedule for military projects is a joke

    Now we know why there was no counterattack in Kharkov

    These clowns sold the USSR, best army ever, for this corrupt shit that could not protect the Russian people in Donbass and in Eastern Ukraine

    Alexander Lebed, Lev Rokhlin, and all those generals that spoke in 90s and early 2000s were completely right of the beastiality of Putin and his regime

    Zyuganov himself says we should mobilize

    But peskov and the statesmen throw it off the table

    I'm voting KPRF , ain't it funny how shit work out?

    We've been told that fight against corruption was successful against Gaidar , Chubais, Kudrin and Niabiullina

    The scum keep running the show , and all patriots ? Dead and gone  

    As Chernomyrdin said  "We wanted the best, but it turned out like always."

    All the problems in Russia are self-inflicted. The same idiots standing on tanks and waving British and American flags in 1991 (in Moscow mind you not in Kiev) are now the generation in control. Who fired on the people revolting against Yeltsin in 1993? A brave but too little too late effort? I seem to recall it was the Tamanskaya Division. The corruption and economic malaise of the USSR could have been overcome - somehow the Chinese maintained social cohesion and became an economic superpower.

    BliTTzZ and owais.usmani like this post

    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker


    Posts : 1337
    Points : 1417
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 34
    Location : Indonesia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Stealthflanker Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:21 pm

    Well what Russians gonna do ?

    IF they got good intel and such.. they can pre-empt the attempt. Kalibrs to scatter heavy units and Iskanders/Oniks for buildings or fortifications.

    I'm kinda feel as soon as the offensive repelled, Russians must quickly capitalize by counteroffensive, not letting the Ukrainians to regroup.

    but that's just me.
    avatar
    mnztr


    Posts : 1822
    Points : 1864
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  mnztr Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:22 pm

    caveat emptor wrote:
    mnztr wrote:
    If what he says is true, i.e this operation was conducted against a planned Russian withdrawal by the 30k Ukrainian strike reserve then you have to ask the question. What plans does Russia have for the withdrawal? If I look at it rationally, why dick around with Karkhov? Just mass troops in Belarus and cut off Western Ukraine. Troops from Belarus head south, while the troops in the south head north through Odessa. Anything else is a waste of blood and treasure. This will be fast as supply lines would be cut pretty quickly.
    And troops in Odessa come from where exactly? Plus, for those huge operations number of troops would have to be much bigger.

    The troops to take Odessa are already there, just just need to finish grinding up the defense. If they launch an assault from Belarus to close the border the collapse in Donbass will happen quickly, then those troops fighting there can attack Odessa, with a closed border and lack of supply Odessa should fall quite quickly.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1209
    Points : 1215
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:27 pm

    NSFW:

    JohninMK dislikes this post

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 466
    Points : 468
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Broski Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:34 pm

    So from what I'm hearing, the Ukraine is bringing a bunch of tanks/artillery/MLRS systems and 10's of thousands of cannon fodder away from their fortified areas, human shields and major cities towards the front lines to attack Kherson and Donetsk.

    Am I missing something here? What's the problem exactly? Mariupol was a major port city, heavily fortified for 8 years straight and had 100's of thousands of human shields for the vile nazis to hide behind while shelling and shooting at Russian troops (and everyone else for that matter). Why wouldn't Russia want to avoid a repeat of that situation?

    The Ukraine's hemorrhaging soldiers and equipment at a horrendous rate while Russia suffers negligible losses, holding territory was always going to be a secondary priority. But the amount of fear mongering and crying here is truly extraordinary, such shameful people whom many of you were barely active 2 weeks ago when the only news coming out was about the Ukraine getting its teeth kicked in repeatedly are now literally 20 out of the 25 comments on every page. 

    I wonder how many of you assholes and clowns are going to disappear (again) when Russia evacuates another 20,000 ukrops to Stepan Bandera in hell, liberates the rest of Donetsk and starts moving onwards to Nikolaev and Odessa?


    Last edited by Broski on Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

    sepheronx, GarryB, psg, Firebird, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1288
    Points : 1290
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:35 pm

    mnztr wrote:
    The troops to take Odessa are already there, just just need to finish grinding up the defense. If they launch an assault from Belarus to close the border the collapse in Donbass will happen quickly, then those troops fighting there can attack Odessa, with a closed border and lack of supply Odessa should fall quite quickly.
    Where, in Kherson? Not nearly enough. First you have to take Nikolaev and go further north. Establish a blocking force towards Zaporozhye and Krivoy Rog, because Ukrainians will counter-attack on the flank. You can't go directly on Odessa, because south of oblast has several big estuaries, first being at Nikolaev and very swampy ground. 
    That means you have to cut from the north and, basically, cut it off from rest of Ukraine. How many forces Russians have in Kherson, what do you figure?

    BliTTzZ likes this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11783
    Points : 11910
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  JohninMK Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:36 pm

    thegopnik wrote:

    Should you be posting that image here without a warning?

    GarryB likes this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:22 am