Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Karl Haushofer
par far
calripson
bandit6
Mir
limb
Azi
Isos
LMFS
Big_Gazza
TMA1
ALAMO
nomadski
lyle6
Erk
kvs
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
caveat emptor
dionis
0nillie0
mr_hd
rfan
Arsenic
zorobabel
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
billybatts91
Rodion_Romanovic
OminousSpudd
Ispan
Singular_Transform
psg
Werewolf
crod
Firebird
Scorpius
PapaDragon
PhSt
flamming_python
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
JohninMK
ATLASCUB
lancelot
walle83
Airbornewolf
Stealthflanker
ucmvulcan
VARGR198
ArgentinaGuard
SeigSoloyvov
Podlodka77
Arrow
Belisarius
andalusia
Broski
Arkanghelsk
sepheronx
GarryB
thegopnik
franco
Backman
Hole
68 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  sepheronx Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:00 am

And in the end, Russia won that.

People can say "traitors" this or that. But as was stated, and admitted, no one knows russias plan.

Yes, they took back 70km^2 but, how much did Ukraine lose? Not just manpower but overall territory.

Artillery and airforce was indeed active.

Assumptions here are made. Assumption is an acronym for making an ass of you and me.

I'll leave it at that. If Russia loses Kherson altogether than we will talk, but losing some land sucks but it isn't the loss of the war.

I'll let the grifters here continue to shout. But as one guy here said long before, if you think you can do better, go to Russia and go fight in the war if you can do better.

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  sepheronx Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:02 am

flamming_python wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    Bro, Stalin was fighting German army, which was the best land army at that time. Put things in context.  Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 12 1f600
    On a sidenote, I didn't know that gopnik is Russian. Weird bird, in any case.

The comment about wanting to leave the country to avoid being drafted into the army is telling

If anything, news of impending doom and defeat makes me want to join the army. Because at such a time it's necessary.
    But each time this defeatism turns out to be massively overblown.

Would have thought that people in this thread would have learned by now.

Remember Palmyra? Yeah. Lost and regained. And it was a large important city.

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:14 am

flamming_python wrote:
    The comment about wanting to leave the country to avoid being drafted into the army is telling

If anything, news of impending doom and defeat makes me want to join the army. Because at such a time it's necessary.
    But each time this defeatism turns out to be massively overblown.

Would have thought that people in this thread would have learned by now.

I think that he was just commenting the thread called " I want to join Russian army" that exists in the forum. He doesn't strike me as a Russian or even Slav, for that matter. Not even Polish. Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 12 1f602

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 am

7k Ukro-Wermacht and their camp-followers doesn't seem like anywhere near enough to be able to consolidate this incursion. Absent massive reinforcements (and the associated logistics train to replace spent ammo/supplies and to start the build up supply dumps) i can't see the Ukros holding this ground for long. They are just too extended to defend the flanks of the bag and will be vulnerable to envelopment when the inevitable pincers occur.

Do the Ukros have available reinforcements and supplies, and the ability to swiftly move them into the breach? I'd judge that they don't, in which case I don't get why they are not just consolidating around defendable gains?

White Powder Zellie and his State Dept fluffers pushing for maximum (but temporary) propaganda "victories"?  Is the regime again throwing away its soldiers in return for consoldation of US/EU/NATO financial support and the opportunities for wholesale theft that such will provide?

The depth of the Ukro incursion makes me think this is likely, and that the Russians learned of such a plan and decided to deliberately withdrew defenders and draw the enemy in? dunno

GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:28 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Backman wrote:The chicken littles make so many assumptions about what is going on.
    Yes sure, chicken littles. Says the man that never had to deal with situations like that in his life.
    Russians are personally invested in this, as they and their family or people they know might be in war or live in war affected areas.
    I've personally, seen and felt situations as civilian and  as a soldier when people were dying because of incompetency of politicians or military cadre.
    Russian army is very dominant side when compared with Ukrainians in this war and this things shouldn't happen more than 6 months in the conflict.
    You should've learned from your mistakes in the first month ( and there was a fair share of them) or later.
    Nobody here thinks that Russians will lose. Only that this situation reeks of incompetency.

Ah yes. Armchair quarterbacking from your computer like you are watching a football game is really high value support you are contributing. That must really make Russians on the ground feel good. If only they had competent generals like you there , then everything would be fine.

GarryB, psg, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 am

Big_Gazza wrote:7k Ukro-Wermacht and their camp-followers doesn't seem like anywhere near enough to be able to consolidate this incursion. Absent massive reinforcements (and the associated logistics train to replace spent ammo/supplies and to start the build up supply dumps) i can't see the Ukros holding this ground for long. They are just too extended to defend the flanks of the bag and will be vulnerable to envelopment when the inevitable pincers occur.

Do the Ukros have available reinforcements and supplies, and the ability to swiftly move them into the breach? I'd judge that they don't, in which case I don't get why they are not just consolidating around defendable gains?

White Powder Zellie and his State Dept fluffers pushing for maximum (but temporary) propaganda "victories"?  Is the regime again throwing away its soldiers in return for consoldation of US/EU/NATO financial support and the opportunities for wholesale theft that such will provide?

The depth of the Ukro incursion makes me think this is likely, and that the Russians learned of such a plan and decided to deliberately withdrew defenders and draw the enemy in? dunno

Trading blood for propaganda points. Yet again.

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:36 am

Big_Gazza wrote:Ukros look to have massively overextended themselves by rushing into a pre-prepared cauldron? Did the Russians deliberately weaken defenses knowing that the Ukros were about to throw Kharkovs garrison and reserves into a big push?

Ukro troops advancing across open terrain should be presenting lots of opportunities for Russian airforce to get busy moving some mud.

Interesting days are ahead, and time will tell what is really happening (cunning Russian plan or outright incompetence/failure of their command), but the level of girlish panic exhibited here by people who should know better is more than a tad annoying.

russia

I hope it's the case , but do you remember Malay Rogan? Chuguev? Zmiev? It was the case ...

And did Russian airforce, army, or anything do a thing about it?

No, they are still "waiting" for the right moment

Look I understand here there's a desire to paint everything In a pretty light, and in the end all want Russia to win

But there's something weird going on, and yes we are powerless to do a thing about it, only the powers that be will make such decisions

But it's good to look at what is occurring, I suspect it has little to do with the military

But do you remember the curious case of a Yukos exec who fell from his window?

There are people in Russia who don't want Russia to win

People like Derispaska, potanin , abramovich, gref

There are nefarious actors that have leverage over Putin - or Niabiullina would not remain , and Medvedev has become quite a patriot with Medinsky and Company

So there is a hand which is sabotaging, there is a voice which is telling no where an order is given

So this is the issue, not Russian army

But as soloviev said, traitors are abound

People worked with others to kill Dugina, to kill Givi, Motorola, Zakharchenko

And most people don't understand these Moskvas , Balakliyas, Sakis, Burning Kuznetsov, are not accidents...

But a careful picture is drawn of a 5th column which is working tediously to sabotage Russia

BliTTzZ likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:39 am

thegopnik wrote:Chechen suicide bombers entering the war https://twitter.com/i/status/1567979831106875392

What Chechens, when the camera-man has the 13 tribes of Circassia on his cap?

GarryB and Belisarius like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:40 am

Backman wrote:
    Ah yes. Armchair quarterbacking from your computer like you are watching a football game is really high value support you are contributing. That must really make Russians on the ground feel good. If only they had competent generals like you there , then everything would be fine.

I really hope that English is not your first language, if that is the talking point you've managed to ascertain from my previous messages.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:46 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:...There are people in Russia who don't want Russia to win...

It's your country and if you feel that more is required then you should gather all the like-minded folks, hit the streets, proclaim your support for military escalation and demand more war

Protest are not just for traitors and hippies

Last edited by PapaDragon on Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Regular, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Broski and caveat emptor like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:51 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Backman wrote:

I really hope that English is not your first language, if that is the talking point you've managed to ascertain from my previous messages.

I just see it differently. Just because something went wrong doesn't always mean it was someone's fault. Especially in war of all things.

BliTTzZ likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:53 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:But there's something weird going on, and yes we are powerless to do a thing about it, only the powers that be will make such decisions

No argument here. Fog of war is always an issue, and the Russian Defense Ministry only tells us what they want us to know. My advice is to keep cool and watch what happens. Those who may have preemptively judged the outcome of the Battle of Kursk at the maximum extent of Nazi advance would have been proved most definately wrong.

Arkanghelsk wrote:But a careful picture is drawn of a 5th column which is working tediously to sabotage Russia

Again, no argument here. The Russian 5th column maggots are a textbook example of how any nation can be afflicted by a traitor class who are more than willing to throw the nations interests under the bus in exchange for personal enrichment and/or gaining favor with foreign Powers. Let these maggots talk and expose themselves. Once this is over there will be a time for an appropriate reckoning Twisted Evil

GarryB and BliTTzZ like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:55 am

Anyway some harsh footage Exclamation I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Any Ukrainian that isn't trying to surrender or cause a mutiny or anything is signing up for this. I know they are being forced. But it's a little more complicated than that.

Wait for it
    https://t.me/asbmil/4927

And
    https://t.me/asbmil/4932

GarryB, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:57 am

Meanwhile the 6th columnists have progressed for searching for scapegoats and enemies within over their imagined catastrophic defeat What a Face

PapaDragon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:...There are people in Russia who don't want Russia to win...

It's your country and if you feel that more is required then you should gather all the like-minded folks, hit the streets, proclaim your support for military escalation and demand more war

Protest are not just for traitors and hippies

And you're mis-attributing a quote to me

sepheronx, GarryB and Belisarius like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 am

flamming_python wrote:Meanwhile the 6th columnists have progressed for searching for scapegoats and enemies within over their imagined catastrophic defeat What a Face

There are people in Russia that will fear monger, because they want mass mobilization and escalation (Strelkov is one, but not alone).

flamming_python likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:12 am

Statement by the commander of the Akhmat regiment, Apty Alaudinov:

“What is happening today was planned. This is a tactical ploy that helped us to pull out all their forces and means to the territory where it is convenient for us to fight with them. If someone believes that the leadership of the Russian Federation, the leadership of the Defense Ministry did not know that the enemy was gathering forces, then these people do not understand anything either in politics or in military affairs.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic, BliTTzZ and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:32 am

A sensible assessment from Brian Berletic at New Atlas channel (as usual).

GarryB and Belisarius like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 am

Backman wrote:Statement by the commander of the Akhmat regiment, Apty Alaudinov:

“What is happening today was planned. This is a tactical ploy that helped us to pull out all their forces and means to the territory where it is convenient for us to fight with them. If someone believes that the leadership of the Russian Federation, the leadership of the Defense Ministry did not know that the enemy was gathering forces, then these people do not understand anything either in politics or in military affairs.

Yeah - noone except for propagandists are doubting that Russia would and can absolutely win

But this is cope, unless Russia attacks seriously, all of this is just arestovich level "we are attacking backwards" meme shit

There is no "dooming" when Russia is a military superpower capable to win this war decisively

What there is , is a concern that someone at the top, does not want a clear victory and is restraining the military from taking appropriate actions- and is actively in the process of sabotaging the liberation of Ukraine
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:47 am

and for those who say let that letting them advance makes it easier to kill them

This makes no sense, what's the difference between killing them where they were, and killing them after they take territory?

They're going to entrench and garrison whatever territory they take, so it makes no sense the attacker still has to go through them

Balakleya is not a small settlement, once they go in they can go into buildings and apartment blocks

It's not a small village in kherson

So I doubt the plan was to "lure them" anywhere

In any case they were lured into a city with great defensive positions

So let's call it what it is and move on-

BliTTzZ likes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:11 am

Backman wrote:Statement by the commander of the Akhmat regiment, Apty Alaudinov:

You know, I would never have realized I would see the day that even Chechens would be defending the Russian government and to be also logical in all of this.

Hell Froze Over.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Ispan, Rodion_Romanovic, lancelot, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:20 am

The ideal situation, is for rocket and missiles forces to tie down dill along with VDV

And let 3rd AK run rampage from Vugledar north to Dnipro and Izyum west around Dnipro-Donbass border

That way you have VSU in a vacuum near Kharkov, with south unprotected

Then you have a reason for what happened

But 3rd AK needs to move fast and hard if it will capitalize on fact that Ukrops are all by Kharkov
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:29 am

But butbut

thegopnik and arkhangelsk and caveatemperor are all saying that the Ukrainian cyborgs have advanced 50 km and are now encircling Russians south of Slavyansk and executing them

Guys GTFOutta here. Go home, sleep it off.

sepheronx, GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, gc3762, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:33 am

Again, the plan is to isolate Kupyansk and Izyum on the west side of the Oskil. That is the strategic aim. There is no 4D chess to anything. Someone with an 85 IQ could look at the map and seen what is occurring, though of course this is an offensive being planned by the brightest minds in NATO.

Whether the AFU takes huge losses or not is irrelevant if raises morale, emboldens Western donors, and the offensive can be continued.

BliTTzZ likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:47 am

zorobabel wrote:Again, the plan is to isolate Kupyansk and Izyum on the west side of the Oskil. That is the strategic aim. There is no 4D chess to anything. Someone with an 85 IQ could look at the map and seen what is occurring, though of course this is an offensive being planned by the brightest minds in NATO.

Whether the AFU takes huge losses or not is irrelevant if raises morale, emboldens Western donors, and the offensive can be continued.

If they can protect Izyum, then the positions north of Slavyansk like Lyman can be resupplied, but again they must reinforce Izyum as well as Kupyansk

Also most of the reserves guarding the front by Vugledar were pulled out towards Kharkov

So it would be a good moment to take advantage of Ukros being in one area, and send that 3rd army corps on an attack in those areas that are weakly defended

---

If Ukros consolidate their gains and take Kupyansk it will be dangerous

But based on videos earlier, Russian command reinforced Kupyansk because they know how vital Izyum is to Lyman

So it can go several ways, and Russia has the advantage , but it must be capitalized

zorobabel likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:09 am

flamming_python wrote:But butbut

thegopnik and arkhangelsk and caveatemperor are all saying that the Ukrainian cyborgs have advanced 50 km and are now encircling Russians south of Slavyansk and executing them

Guys GTFOutta here. Go home, sleep it off.
    Don't put words in my mouth. First and main problem i have with this is that all pro-Russian civilians in areas Ukrs captured will pay the price. How do i know that? We had an example already north of Kharkhov. Second, we will know more in 24-72 hours. If Ukrainians don't bring reinforcements they'll collapse. 
    Don't forget if they get ti keep area around Balakleya, that will lengthen time needed to take Kharkhov as that bridgehead was best approach in order to cut supply lines to the city.

BliTTzZ likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am