Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
Mir
thegopnik
Broski
Werewolf
Urluber
Ispan
zorobabel
Stealthflanker
GarryB
lancelot
GunshipDemocracy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sujoy
sepheronx
LMFS
ArgentinaGuard
ATLASCUB
lyle6
calripson
Arkanghelsk
RTN
ALAMO
kvs
Odin of Ossetia
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
Hole
Firebird
Eugenio Argentina
SeigSoloyvov
JohninMK
PhSt
Vann7
ucmvulcan
Big_Gazza
Scorpius
caveat emptor
limb
Dr.Snufflebug
Backman
VARGR198
diabetus
mnztr
nomadski
Isos
Regular
Serberus
flamming_python
52 posters

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread

Post  caveat emptor Sat May 28, 2022 12:06 pm

https://youtu.be/iEPHT4nN0pg
    For Russian speakers. It is incredible that this guy works in MoD. As a head of informational department. Idiot and a scumbag.

Last edited by caveat emptor on Sat May 28, 2022 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Regular

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread

Post  Regular Sat May 28, 2022 1:07 pm

caveat emptor wrote:https://youtu.be/iEPHT4nN0pg
    For Russian speakers. It is incredible that this guy works in MoD. As a head of informational department. Idiot and a scumbag.

What did I watch? I thought I will do quick translation, but be my guest, I start losing the plot at minute 3.

Is he high as ****? To think of it - he is paid big bucks for doing this. My kid does better PowerPoint slides than him - he can't even explain his concepts. He keeps spouting "Sila" (power) and "Pravda" (truth) in every sentence, did he just watch Brat 2 or what?

Get the guy fired and get a young and energetic person who has a grasp on information and information war. Simple.

Werewolf, Arkanghelsk and caveat emptor like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat May 28, 2022 1:43 pm

Regular wrote:

What did I watch? I thought I will do quick translation, but be my guest, I start losing the plot at minute 3.

Is he high as ****? To think of it - he is paid big bucks for doing this. My kid does better PowerPoint slides than him - he can't even explain his concepts. He keeps spouting "Sila" (power) and "Pravda" (truth) in every sentence, did he just watch Brat 2 or what?

Get the guy fired and get a young and energetic person who has a grasp on information and information war. Simple.
    With my Russian it would take forever. Maybe FP and Scorpius don't mind to provide a brief. Guy is completely out of his league.
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat May 28, 2022 1:45 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:[
    he assigned up to 100 billion dollars , to the sports minister for sochi and fifa 2018 alone.. so much waste of money , in totally absurds diversions ,that russia don't need at all , and now totally useless

Most of this money was spent on infrastructure. Mind you, they revamped an entire region for Sochi, and those new roads, railroads, stations, tunnels, bridges etc are far from "totally useless" to the ever increasing number of people living in one of the fastest growing Russian regions.

Not even all the sports facilities are useless, Russia has its own national leagues and everything. People need entertainment too...

The most useless part of it all was that it was mostly intended to break through the propaganda and show that Russia isn't Mordor or whatever. That was very naive of Putin and the Russian government.

Although NBC and the American press really really really really tried to botch their coverage of Sochi and the Russian Olympics, I was very impressed by the opening and closing ceremonies. Forgive me for not really watching Olympic sport as I really don't care too much about them, I mean I respect the fact that guys and gals train very hard and work very hard to compete and win medals and be the best and I tip my hat to them for that, but I just don't get excited over sport and a lot of that is that doping and bans on teams just because they came from a particular country drives me away from them and no matter what the heads of the IOC and WADA say that is the politicization of sport. Now I am not completely against the politicization of sport. Its what made the 1972 Munich Basketball final iconic, its what made Lake Placid and the Soviet Union v USA, the so called Miracle on Ice so worth watching. Its what made the 1956 Hungary v USSR Water Polo Match so intense and bloody. Yes, the olympics are the politicalization of sport, but punishing and outright banning athletes and entire teams solely because of where they come from stinks to the highest magnitude. Anyways, where was I? Ah yes, the opening ceremony was -glitch about the rings and all (and yes, NBC just had to show it to shame Russia because NBC's pundits are some serious assholes with no goodwill to anything they don't know about) was an instructive and brilliant synopsis of Russian-Soviet History in the 20th century, and I loved the theme from Siberiade in the little girl's dream as she went through the alphabet of all things Russian. I did chuckle when NBC insulted the intelligence of some of their audience because they just had to bring up "now if you are wondering why the Russians are introducing things that don't seem in alphabetical order its because they have a different alphabet." I remember watching that bit and saying to myself, no shit sherlock I'd think most people could figure that one out themselves. Anyways it was an enjoyable and majestic opening ceremony and I watched the closing ceremony as well. In that it was good because Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth did the commentary.

Being sports broadcasters, mostly in American gridiron football, they were smart enough to let the action of the ceremony close out and only highlighting key things like Chagall's affinity for art being upside down. Oh and if you have ever watched NBC's Sunday Night Football you will haaaaate Chris Collinsworth's in game commentary. So when Chris Collinsworth and Al Michaels do a better job of covering an event than your team of pundits and "political analysts" who called the opening ceremonies you know just how bad the pundits did in covering the opening ceremonies.

GarryB, PapaDragon and Arkanghelsk like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat May 28, 2022 1:50 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    he assigned up to 100 billion dollars , to the sports minister for sochi and fifa 2018 alone.. so much waste of money , in totally absurds diversions ,that russia don't need at all , and now totally useless

Most of this money was spent on infrastructure. Mind you, they revamped an entire region for Sochi, and those new roads, railroads, stations, tunnels, bridges etc are far from "totally useless" to the ever increasing number of people living in one of the fastest growing Russian regions.

Not even all the sports facilities are useless, Russia has its own national leagues and everything. People need entertainment too...

The most useless part of it all was that it was mostly intended to break through the propaganda and show that Russia isn't Mordor or whatever. That was very naive of Putin and the Russian government.

\

russian president needs to learn how to invest its nation limited budget in priorities..
    RUssia gained absolutely nothing for bullshit  sports contest.. the entire west ,that russia wanted
    to flirt with them ,hates russia ,and russia is suspended even for sport.. so all this garbage olympics
    was totally waste of money throw into the garbage in cosmetic development of russia.

instead of encouraging a generation of students for high degrees college degrees in science ,math and engineering ,things essential for nation true development ,with the things they can invent , putin rather prefer to promote olympics celebrations.. putin tried to influence the west into a friendship ,hosting expensive olympics and failed big time.
     russia could have used those 100billion dollars instead to re-arm properly the russian military , for nation security you know , so their cities are not bombed.. or their military properly protected ,  when defending the nation abroad. like buying enough modern drones and stealth planes , or a proper space exploration program..   you know things that encourage an entire nation ,its civilians to get high education degrees.. not like sports , that makes people abandon university ,for a pin pong career , of volleyball championshit ,

when a country is run by presidents that dont have a clue of what they doing , the nation never take off , and remains in a state of survival permanently. .  Russia have almost no influence over majority of ukrainians ,specially young generations.. What does russia business have to offer ukrainians?
    aside of gas discounts?   No   This is the source of the russian problems.. is an outdated economy ,
    with outdated business.  its development is purely artificial , which is luxury parks , olympic avenues , disney parks ,like the ones they build in moscow ,full of american stores..  lol1
    but most of the advance technology business russia have ,for its citizens ,comes from the west.
    this is why russia now needs china help , to help russia ,not even another cuba ,with no advanced technology anywhere , since the russian president priorities are gas station business and meaningless sports..   Russia is facing the consequences of their inaction for 22 years in the development of its economy..  they did had the option to modernize the economy ,but decided instead the most lazy thing of all , go with the economy ,the saudi arabia way..  and now russia is paying the price . that heavely depends on its enemies ,when it needs advanced electronics and microships or advanced drones. Without foreign digital cameras ,russia would have no way to manufacture high optics quality drones.

in other words , speaking about the russian "influence"..  with ukrainians.

There are videos on the internet that shows major anti russian protest in kherson..

can anyone confirm this ?

in this is true , this could become a major big big problem for Russian military in controlling
    cities they capture. it will not surprise me any bit ,if this is normal to happen in many cities russian capturing.

The Russian Influence in the world ,Russia soft power , is the major weakness that russia face.
    When a country have poor influence in the world , it will find major difficulties ,in convincing
    people to join the russian world..   The americans without its overwhelming influence of their business and star wars and superman and batman culture ,without its iphones and computers ,and movies ,without their global modern business lead , in the world , would have never convinced ukranians to move away from russia..  people follows nations that lead the way into the future ,that shows it have everything that society needs.. Society ,specially young generations wants to see progress , evolution of their nations , and what putin was offering the "russian world" is more of the past, to stay attached to the old traditions , and outdated culture.. russia does not compete at all , with the western culture or business ,the only thing it have to offer to ukrainians is cheap gas discounts.. so this is why russia is losing a lot of its young population , they see russia don't is outdated ,not even doing anything in space , and this make new generations of students to think ,they should better move to a more future looking nation ,that a return to the soviet era past.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat May 28, 2022 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat May 28, 2022 1:53 pm

What are you guys on about?

Didn't watch the whole thing, it's pretty dry and stale - but that guy is a federal-level politician, who works currently as an advisor to the MoD in confronting misinformation

Here he is giving a briefing to the Federation Council. It's not a press release or a media interview or some such. The Federation Council is a governing body in Russia, similar to the Senate in the US. I'm not sure how often the meetings are filmed but regardless the primary audience are the members of the council and its to them that Ilnitsky is providing a presentation

sepheronx, Big_Gazza and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Sat May 28, 2022 2:06 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

\

russian president needs to learn how to invest its nation limited budget in priorities..
    RUssia gained absolutely nothing for bullshit  sports contest.. the entire west ,that russia wanted
    to flirt with them ,hates russia ,and russia is suspended even for sport.. so all this garbage olympics
    was totally waste of money throw into the garbage in cosmetic development of russia.

instead of encouraging a generation of students for high degrees college degrees in science ,math and engineering ,things essential for nation true development ,with the things they can invent , putin rather prefer to promote olympics celebrations.. putin tried to influence the west into a friendship ,hosting expensive olympics and failed big time.
     russia could have used those 100billion dollars instead to re-arm properly the russian military , for nation security you know , so their cities are not bombed.. or their military properly protected ,  when defending the nation abroad. like buying enough modern drones and stealth planes , or a proper space exploration program..   you know things that encourage an entire nation ,its civilians to get high education degrees.. not like sports , that makes people abandon university ,for a pin pong career , of volleyball championshit ,

when a country is run by presidents that dont have a clue of what they doing , the nation never take off , and remains in a state of survival permanently. .  Russia have almost no influence over majority of ukrainians ,specially young generations.. What does russia business have to offer ukrainians?
    aside of gas discounts?   No   This is the source of the russian problems.. is an outdated economy ,
    with outdated business.  its development is purely artificial , which is luxury parks , olympic avenues , disney parks ,like the ones they build in moscow ,full of american stores..  lol1
    but most of the advance technology business russia have ,for its citizens ,comes from the west.
    this is why russia now needs china help , to help russia ,not even another cuba ,with no advanced technology anywhere , since the russian president priorities are gas station business and meaningless sports..   Russia is facing the consequences of their inaction for 22 years in the development of its economy..  they did had the option to modernize the economy ,but decided instead the most lazy thing of all , go with the economy ,the saudi arabia way..  and now russia is paying the price . that heavely depends on its enemies ,when it needs advanced electronics and microships or advanced drones. Without foreign digital cameras ,russia would have no way to manufacture high optics quality drones.

There are videos on the internet that shows major anti russian protest in kherson..

Bla bla bla.

Sure, in hindsight Russia could have spent whatever they spent on thing X relevant a decade ago on thing Y that turned out to be relevant now.

I mean, the U.S. could have spent the quadrillion dollars they "wasted" on Atlanta 1996 to install shitloads of active SAM sites surrounding NYC, because of what happened 5 years later.

Some very specific aspect of the military industry in Russia isn't underfunded because of Sochi or whatever. Budgeting doesn't work like that, nor does clairvoyance exist.

...And that Kherson video is from 2+ months ago, and was a last-ditch attempt by UA to agitate something. It failed.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat May 28, 2022 2:18 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

\

in this is true , this could become a major big big problem for Russian military in controlling
    cities they capture. it will not surprise me any bit ,if this is normal to happen in many cities russian capturing.

The Russian Influence in the world ,Russia soft power , is the major weakness that russia face.
    When a country have poor influence in the world , it will find major difficulties ,in convincing
    people to join the russian world..   The americans without its overwhelming influence of their business and star wars and superman and batman culture ,without its iphones and computers ,and movies ,without their global modern business lead , in the world , would have never convinced ukranians to move away from russia..  people follows nations that lead the way into the future ,that shows it have everything that society needs.. Society ,specially young generations wants to see progress , evolution of their nations , and what putin was offering the "russian world" is  more of the past, to stay attached to the old traditions , and outdated culture.. russia does not compete at all , with the western culture or business ,the only thing it have to offer to ukrainians is cheap gas discounts..  so this is why russia is losing a lot of its young population , they see russia don't is outdated ,not even doing anything in space , and this make new generations of students to think ,they should better move to a more future looking nation ,that a return to the soviet era past.

Why is everyone in Kherson wearing winter clothing? Is Kherson in Narnia or something?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Sprut-B, Dr.Snufflebug and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat May 28, 2022 2:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:

What are you guys on about?

Didn't watch the whole thing, it's pretty dry and stale - but that guy is a federal-level politician, who works currently as an advisor to the MoD in confronting misinformation

Here he is giving a briefing to the Federation Council. It's not a press release or a media interview or some such. The Federation Council is a governing body in Russia, similar to the Senate in the US. I'm not sure how often the meetings are filmed but regardless the primary audience are the members of the council and its to them that Ilnitsky is providing a presentation
    First few minutes are ok. Pretty standard. Watch till the end.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat May 28, 2022 3:12 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:Putin's import substitution laws ,specially for military ,to avoid using american technolgy ,
    in their indust.......

C'mon Vann, tell me more about sPacE dOmiNAnCe!!!!

it was form the Kiev Independent so is independent from facts.

Anyone quoting the Kiev Independent should be suspended.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, LMFS, Mir, bitch_killer and like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat May 28, 2022 4:37 pm

Vann7 wrote:

But without van , what you will have is a forum ,with people , fanboy tards.. only saying the things
    that are positive for Russia ,and in total denial of russian catastrophic mistakes that repeats again and again  and never stop.  I was attacked in the forums when i told , that russia was humiliated in the armenian conflict by turkey and azerbaijan.. that they did all they wanted with russia and armenia.
    That the whole russia mighty power there , was humiliated ,their mighting air defenses proved to be  inadequate versus a small country like azerbaijan armed with NATO and israeli drones ,that had their airspace infested with their drones , the azeris destroyed russia a couple of s-300s, tors , iskanders ,lots of stella modules.. it was a total disaster.  and when i told in the forum that russia  was ill prepared to fight wars versus heavy use of drones.. people attacked me..  censor me and the millions of excuses. "russia is not fighting there " nana nana, is armenia to blame , even a russian mi35 attack hellicopter full of russians , was shotdown inside armenia airspace ,and putin did nothing..   No

Guess what? when the ukranian conflcit started , it was armenia 2.0 all over again , they did major advances , in a surprise blitkreg advance ,but they could not defend their soldiers properly with the russian airforce.  They were at mercy of endless attacks of drones.

So the new excuses ,  ,was "shit happens" or "tell me about a war that soldiers don't die" "ukraine propaganda". You can't talk about the facts freely in this forum , because the fanboys don't want to listen anything negative of russian military. labeled with names , he have to "be gay" , or you are n idiot , etc,   this is a forum full of children , that can't handle facts and reality like mens , and very weak emotionally ,and don't like to receive all the facts.. but only those that are great to listen.

it all changed but only for a week ,when mosca was sinked ,by "Accidental detonation of warship munition"  Rolling Eyes

Then the general in charge of ukraine operation replaced for another ,a clear sign ,that the fanboys
    in this forums were all wrong , that things were not wonderful as they claimed , that not such "Tactical retreat" happened , russia was kicked the hell out of kiev and from the north of ukraine by force.. it was a disorganized retreat , and there are videos of this , and many soldies were left behind
    and they captured and tortured.. and videos published online.. in kharkiv again they forced to leave.
    Russian airforce ,contrary to what russia military claimed , did not had "air superiority" in ukraine .
    and it was actually ukraine the one dominating the skies in the soft kills by remote controlled drones targeting russian convoys.

Ukraine airspace is heavily contested , with ukraine dominating in drones warfare. and russian dominating with cruise missiles . But even when the destructive power is on the russian side ,the efficiency ,to hit exactly in the right place and the best time , was on ukraine side.

Russia more effective in targeting fortified fixed targets , that don't move..  while ukraine more effective in targeting soft and light armed targets ,that move constantly in the battle field but very imporotants..  Russia more effective in destroying fuel depots and weapons storage , ukraine more effective in destroying large convoys..  lol1

so basically it was not a good war for russia to fight , one that russia don't dominate and is questionable to call their capture of territory a "victory" if they later forced to retreat without much of a fight. It remains to see now if the new general ,manage to kick all this mediocre soviet thinking generals ,and find a substitute for all of them ,  people that understand ,how important is to provide
    proper air support , air cover ,to all ground troops ,and not allow a single drone , not even for a minute to fly withing visual range of russian soldiers positions..

this problems of rusia in ukraine ,in not completely dominating a much inferior army , are all related
    to the limited capabilities of russian airforce with drones , they don't have that many for the ukraine conflict  and the ones they have in big numbers ,like orlan-10 , is more like a toy ,in comparison to turkish baykatar 2 drones.  next to useless to target tanks or armor with those toy unguided fireworks bombs.

so there is not much to discuss , russia weakness in ukraine..

- russia don't have a well developed drone program , they have good drones ,but how they used
    not very good.
    - russia don't have enough drones ,for use in ukraine , and can't provide proper protection to the convoys .
    -russia intelligence of the ground is inferior to nato ,  even the optics of ukraine drones are superior than the russian ones.

- russia electronic warfare is missing in action, what happened to all those wonder electronic warfare that russian had ,that could block drones from flying? No

- russia airforce is the weakest link in the  entire russia military.. is very far for impressive , to not say close to mediocre ,the role of russian combat jets in the conflict.

basically what russia is doing , that allows them to "win territory" is bombing with their superior artillery everything ,flatenning entire cities to the ground ,the mariupol way , scorch earth tactics and naturally ukranians had to flee the place , but will not like to know the collateral damage of how many civilians killed with this tactics.. should be horrible.

So conclusion , yes russia is "winning" the war , but it remains to be see if they can hold territory ,
    when nato supply more and more drones and super long range artillery in big numbers and emulate russian scorch earth tactics too , using himars.. if russian soldiers will not be forced to flee too. perhaps that's the reason they building trenches too.

What is clear for me , is that this russian army ,we were told , about , is not anywhere as powerful
    as the russian media and youtube trainning exercises made us believe. Russia will need to do a major transformation  to their airforce  and imitate what nato have been doing , of replacing their old planes for stealth ones.. and combine drones with every unit force in their military . russia needs to significantly improve ,their combined arms operation and combined communications , so that many different units ,from ground , air ,and armor ,can help each other ,to minimize their casualties to very  low numbers in the low hundred or better just few dozens and ,not in the many thousands casualties in just 4 months ,when dealing with a much inferior army like ukraine is..   because if russia think it can fight nato that way , they doing to ukraine , then they better not even tried.. an invasion of poland will be infinite times much worse than ukraine if for example nato airforce was bombing russian positions.  it then will be a massacre of russian soldies for sure , since russia can barely protect their soldiers from drones in ukraine , it will much worse , in a fight versus israel ,or turkey or poland. in hypotetical conflict with them.

and a final warning.. for the fanboys..  that don't see any wrong , in russian army tactics in past
    months..

it is that my perception is ,that the only reason ,why russian army have not been completely defeated and overrun in ukraine , is because of NATO fear ,that humiliating russia too much ,could
    provoke a nuclear conflict. So nato did not send all their best weapons from the very start , including artillery before russia invaded ukraine . If for example nato was supplying from day1,, all their best weapons and was trainning all ukraine army in the use of them , for years.. the history today will have been different.  Even macron of france ,was warning at european union meeting ,to not humiliate russia too much.. for the risk of a major escalation and a nuclear conflict..  
    so it seems to me ,that the only reason why the west is not fully arming with all they have to ukraine ,from day 1 ,is for fear of russia nuclear retaliation if ukraine start destroying russian cities with nato cruise missiles for example and rail guns.. which they can do..

and you bet ,that if today russia had no nuclear weapons , nato airforces will have been hammering russian soldiers positions , with cruise missiles and with airforce with total impunity in the ground and russia forced to flee ukraine. In the future however , (hopefully) russia generals will learn something
    from ukraine conflict ,how much they suck  with drones infested airspace by nato ,and force russian military ,to modernize their army and their tactics , for the 21  century and how future wars will be done.  all this trench warfare only works , against russia ,  but will not work very well against a very strong nation with all kind of precision strike drones with tv camera guidance ,against smart missiles ,that target moving armor or soldiers in the ground without need of human operation , precision glide bombs with tv cameras , railguns and plenty of energy weapons and laser in their inventory. and with a battle tested very strong airforce armed with stealth planes.

The issue with your posts, Vann, is that you create huge posts which is already hard to read, but you also jump very quickly from one thought you have to another and in the end people tend to ignore all the things you had to say.

The other thing is, that you quite often post material that is from some video bloggers and try to present that kind of material as credible source to an audience that have an abundance of sources to get a different picture on the situation with a focus on the overhaul situation, which is the only thing that matters in the end. If the entire purpose is to criticize certain aspects that are not going well or have failure rates than focus on it without the extra information. Keep it like Mindstorm, only on point and without any extra info that has no direct relations to what you are talking about.

Just look at the text you wrote down. It is a huge 2 page long rant. Make your posts shorter and focus on what you want to say. Most people stopped reading because it is A) hard to read and B) often with pickled with dubious sources.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Mir and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat May 28, 2022 5:00 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

World Cup was good for image of Russia and money was better spent and controlled. Winter Olympic Games were not the case. Some infrastructure was indeed done for the Games, but price tag was too high. Plus, FIFA world cup along with summer Olympic games are premier sport events.

The Sochi Olympics cost 9.2 billion dollars. The 54 billion you always hear about is pure propaganda obfuscating infrastructure investments.
    The Sochi rail and road system were transformed onto another level and lots of year round tourist facilities have been built. The Olympics
    were a pretext to upgrade Sochi to a major Russian resort city. Considering how many Russian tourists keep going there year after year,
    the money has been well spent.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat May 28, 2022 5:03 pm

kvs wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

World Cup was good for image of Russia and money was better spent and controlled. Winter Olympic Games were not the case. Some infrastructure was indeed done for the Games, but price tag was too high. Plus, FIFA world cup along with summer Olympic games are premier sport events.

The Sochi Olympics cost 9.2 billion dollars.   The 54 billion you always hear about is pure propaganda obfuscating infrastructure investments.
    The Sochi rail and road system were transformed onto another level and lots of year round tourist facilities have been built.   The Olympics
    were a pretext to upgrade Sochi to a major Russian resort city.    Considering how many Russian tourists keep going there year after year,
    the money has been well spent.

I didn't claim any numbers. Ones I've seen were around $20bln. 
    I'm not big fan of spending huge money on sports events. Maybe FIFA wc is different as that is very profitable and stadiums are used afterwards
    Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sat May 28, 2022 5:08 pm

Werewolf wrote:Just look at the text you wrote down. It is a huge 2 page long rant. Make your posts shorter and focus on what you want to say. Most people stopped reading because it is A) hard to read and B) often with pickled with dubious sources.
    If I wanted Vann's opinion on the Ukraine war I'd watch CNN or the BBC.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat May 28, 2022 5:17 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:...Although NBC and the American press really really really really tried to botch their coverage of Sochi and the Russian Olympics, I was very impressed by the opening and closing ceremonies...

Sochi Olympics were outstanding success, entire region was converted from dilapidated backwater to tourism hotspot, it's so popular that they already had to expand hotel capacities and increase prices to trim the crowds

Sochi is one of rare cases of Olympic city not only not losing money but actually generating profit afterwards and most importantly Russians loved the games, whole affair was a massive ego boost after decades of nosedive

Whole drama afterwards had no effect on popularity or profit generation, the whole place became a gold mine

Vann is just being retard as usual

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat May 28, 2022 7:59 pm

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread - Page 7 Img_2091

Vann is an idiot, I for one am happy with the sochi ski resort, I am happy Russia has this as well as the tracks to watch RCRS racing at sochi autodrome

Russia already has sPaCe DoMinance Vann

Our physics and math students beat China and USA for 3 years now

Also we are #1 in coding producing ethereum telegram Google and all other major software

We won the coding championships as well

As far as intellectual property,  what matters is human capital

For every Vitaliy Buterin or Sergey Brin

There's hundreds more in Russia that are produced by the stellar mathematics and science education

We beat MIT and Chinese math kids last year

Vann what do you do for a living? You a bum from east?

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, owais.usmani, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat May 28, 2022 9:28 pm

caveat emptor wrote:I'm not big fan of spending huge money on sports events. Maybe FIFA wc is different as that is very profitable and stadiums are used afterwards

IMHO the Sochi redevelopment wasn't a sports event but a calculated infrastructure investment in a Russian coastal city that had huge potential.  The Winter Olympics was simply a vehicle that the gov used to justify the investment, and they have been vindicated by the post-Olympics activity level in the city.

Westerner media still smear however, cuz that is what these prostitutes are paid for.  They write BS articles that decry the empty ski villages (in summer..) or the abandoned beaches (in winter...). Razz

GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, AMK, Hole, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat May 28, 2022 11:35 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread - Page 7 Img_2091

Vann is an idiot, I for one am happy with the sochi ski resort, I am happy Russia has this as well as the tracks to watch RCRS racing at sochi autodrome  

yeah to be happy ? , with the the artillery strikes in your cities..  by the ukies , with the long range
    artillery being supplied by nato targeting your cities and with russian navy in the button of the sea ,    Rolling Eyes

Your country is facing war , by the collective west ,and the ukraine conflict ,have clearly show ,how weak is your military ,fighting against a third rate army , after nato provide them moderate weapons.
    instead of wasting that money in olympics bullshit , that russia is now banned and will never be able to use , he could have used that money instead to properly modernize its army , provide enough drones ,and modernize its airforce too , with enough stealth planes , and actually modernize russian business so russia is not the joke today is in the world , for using american  tech everywhere in your  military most important hardware.  

it was a mistake to waste so much money for temporary celebrations of things will not help russia
    in any way ,become independent its nation from the west.  if russia wants sovereignty and independence it needs to modernize is economy , if it ever wants nations to follow russia ,and convince nations  to abandon the collective west , and its nato alliance , then russia
    needs to show is a lot more than a gas station to the world with olympic parks that no longer can host any international event.. because of sanctions..  

is called priorities.. when a nation is facing war ,as russia was facing in 2011 in syria , and in chechenia ,that the weapons came all from the west , you don't waste your nation budget in sport events  or disney parks..  You invest better your country budget is nation security that today russia don't have , since their warships are sinked ,and cities are bombed ,and in investing in education ,so to promote a major scientific and high tech revolution in russia , like the one us had in the 80s and 90s.   wasting the budget in bullshit epenis contest was a mistake .and this war and  sanctions russia now face ,that makes those investments in sports useless ,proof this..  

Russia already has sPaCe DoMinance Vann

no they not ...  every video of russian army shows their airforce firing missiles from stand off
    positions , from distance , this is why they need to use so many cruise missiles , because is very risky flying over ukraine airspace.. they don't control it .. at all .is contested airspace..  

Our physics and math students beat China and USA for 3 years now

and how many business your math students created ?  again you talk meaningless contest.
    the real medals your country needs , is medals in space exploration , medals in high tech industry domination , so that russia achieve for once something they never really had , true nation sovereignty and true nation independence ,no longer to be a sorry nation , that needs to beg the west for technology. is for you that is not embarrassing , to depend ,your country so much in the west , then is because your definitions of successful nation  are very low..  Russia is only a nation that survive , but not a nation that dominates on anything in the world ,dont lead , so this is why not many nations take russia seriously, in anything (that society in the world really cares) other than in gas supply and in gas discounts.  

Also we are #1 in coding producing ethereum telegram Google and all other major software

We won the coding championships as well

e-penis bragging ,nothing of that will help you in nation security , or in business independence .
    as long you depend on the western business ,for the development of you country ,then they will
    own you.  just show me which business , russia have ,that leads in the  world ? that are popular
    in the world? No civilians in the world ,knows even a single name of a russian company they care..  
    unless is weapons , or cheap gas.

As far as intellectual property,  what matters is human capital

nope.. what matters is business leadership ,that russia never had.
    when your business dominate in the world ,and are popular for society only then,is when russia will start disbanding the western world.. but as long russian government focus in artificial cosmetic
    development ,  as it have been doing since putin is in power , it will continue be a disrespected nation in the world  .  The only things the developed west respect is military domination , and business leadership..  and russia is failing in both.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 29, 2022 4:11 am

So much wasted data here with people replying to known fools.

Why are you guys bothering wasting such time and energy? That bored?

Just place him on ignore like everyone else does and keep going.

You are aware he has been like this since forever and hasn't changed a bit regardless fact he has been wrong every time. He is a classic case of a troll but is kept around anyway as he doesn't break any rules.

If enough people ignore him, he may go away

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun May 29, 2022 4:37 am

Edit: wrong thread.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sun May 29, 2022 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun May 29, 2022 4:45 am

limb wrote:The reason russia needs aircraft to fly deep into ukrainian territory is to detect with FLIR ukrainian convoys and artillery on the move.

I also am convinced that sweden will dump most of its BILL ATGMs. Im surprised we dont see many swedish weapons in ukrainian hands given that sweden is one of the most russophobic countries in the world.

The greatest evil on planet Earth is England and I consider them to be Russia's greatest enemies within Europe.
    The French certainly don't like Russia, but I'm sure that picture is better than in England (especially) and Germany.
    The weakness of Italy is obvious, because only Macron and Scholz appear in the media.
    I will not comment on Poland, because that country is digging its own grave. Their hatred of Russia is for mental institutions.
    It is obvious that Hungary is not Russophobic, since Orban stated even before the elections that Hungary will not supply weapons to Ukraine and that Hungary will not allow the transport of NATO weapons through Ukraine. I am sure that they are not Russophobic for Serbia, Greece and Northern Macedonia. Bulgarians are assholes, they always have been, but there are also a large number of people who are not Russophobic. The greatest Russophobes are in those countries that lost wars to Russia and are close to Russia; Poland, Germany, Finland, Sweden. Croats HATE Russia because Russians are Orthodox, as are we Serbs.
    Everyone else is more or less Russophobic. I don't trust the Czechs at all, because I have more confidence in Slovakia and Austria.
    Spain and Portugal; I don't think they dont care. Just follow what Brussels says. They are far away. They are like Neptune in the solar system, far from Russia.

All in all, I don't think southern Europe is Russophobic; Italy, Spain and Portugal. The Romanic peoples are overwhelmingly different. I don't count France here, though.
    The same is true for most Balkan countries, except Romania, which, like Poland, is digging its own grave. Problems with russophobia go from France to Finland.

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Sun May 29, 2022 5:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Ispan likes this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun May 29, 2022 7:15 am

sepheronx wrote:So much wasted data here with people replying to known fools.

Why are you guys bothering wasting such time and energy? That bored?

Just place him on ignore like everyone else does and keep going.

You are aware he has been like this since forever and hasn't changed a bit regardless fact he has been wrong every time.  He is a classic case of a troll but is kept around anyway as he doesn't break any rules.

If enough people ignore him, he may go away

not a troll , just the facts.. even if they aren't good to listen ,they should be told.

The trolls are those sponsoring western poisonous vaccines , like You and Garryb.
    with all the overwhelming evidence from scientist and doctors from those same western countries
    and international ones , including israel ,that those vaccines don't work.  Which should be alarming
    and raise suspicion of the real motives behind those that still today defend this criminal depopulation operations in the world by pharma industry owned by the most corrupt billionaires in the west and that even Russia military exposed for being behind the bioweapons labs in ukraine..  

So are you going to deny Russia military findings ,official documents given to them by ukranian lab scientist, that pfizer and moderna and NATO militaries is behind this illegal BIOResearch activities in one of the most corrupt and most politically unstable countries in the world , Ukraine , that found the west was working to militarize dangerous viruses , including the use of drones and spray military grade dangerous viruses into russia cities? This alone is more than enough reasons for declaration of war by Russia agaisnt the west. to stop this pandemic western tyrannies ,seeking to control the planet with terrorism.

or are you going to run and hide again in a cave and not respond whenever you are confronted with your own bs claims , defending this bioweapons mRNA vaccines?

It is based on this fact alone ,  ,that ukraine was being prepared by NATO , for a major biological war provocation against Russia , and the european ,World health organization , and United Nations ,turning a blind eye about this scandal. Based on this criminal behavior of the west , what makes me
    see that ukraine should not exist.. it needs to completely revoked its independence , and by this biological program alone.. the 8 genocide against is secondary on this..  i don't want to see ukraine
    to be used to start a second pandemic , so ukraine needs to be disbanded in a million of pieces ,
    all this neonazis banderites declared terror world organizations ,at the level of alqaeda and isis.
    And ukraine partitioned , federalization of all of it , and become a protectorate of belarus and russia.
    invite china later to rebuild the entire nation , and bring as many chinese citizens as possible there to live ,so they become majority one day ,for the take over of an entire nation . this is because russia influence over ukraine will never happen ,  with how mediocre is Russia influence over the world with their business , so let then the chinese to do that , and conquer it.. this could be the final chessmove
    to disband NATO and the european union.. a new russo-chinesse country , this should be the future of ukraine.  If Russia Government not interested in competition with the west, they at least should help chinese to do what they can't do , and this is what could bring a new world fair order faster ,for the world.

If Russia do not remove the zelensky regime from power and kick the banderas neo nazis from at least 90% of ukraine , which are under control of the west ,and push them back ,including relocation of all civilians that are friendly to that sick ideology , then they risk ,of a new euromaidan to happen again sponsored by the west.. or worse all the new angry ukraine 5th column causing problems in Russia if they given russian citizenship. So Russia can't declare victory until full De-nazification , de-Natification ,and de-militarization of at least 90% ukraine territory ,leaving only the bordering cities to polish border to remain ,as a safe heaven for them , while keeping an eye of any dangerous weapons they deploy there. transform ukraine into another moldova , a very small territory landlocked in all sides for nazis to live. and most of ukraine transformed in new russian puppet republics . Novorrosiya , and malorossiya.. whatever the names they use don't matter , what is important is to remove those nazis from ukraine and stop any western control over them. Because now we know ,what happens when you allow the west to do what it wants near russian borders.

Sujoy likes this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sun May 29, 2022 12:23 pm

limb

Post  limb Sun May 29, 2022 4:26 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    limb wrote:The reason russia needs aircraft to fly deep into ukrainian territory is to detect with FLIR ukrainian convoys and artillery on the move.

I also am convinced that sweden will dump most of its BILL ATGMs. Im surprised we dont see many swedish weapons in ukrainian hands given that sweden is one of the most russophobic countries in the world.

The greatest evil on planet Earth is England and I consider them to be Russia's greatest enemies within Europe.
    The French certainly don't like Russia, but I'm sure that picture is better than in England (especially) and Germany.
    The weakness of Italy is obvious, because only Macron and Scholz appear in the media.
    I will not comment on Poland, because that country is digging its own grave. Their hatred of Russia is for mental institutions.
    It is obvious that Hungary is not Russophobic, since Orban stated even before the elections that Hungary will not supply weapons to Ukraine and that Hungary will not allow the transport of NATO weapons through Ukraine. I am sure that they are not Russophobic for Serbia, Greece and Northern Macedonia. Bulgarians are assholes, they always have been, but there are also a large number of people who are not Russophobic. The greatest Russophobes are in those countries that lost wars to Russia and are close to Russia; Poland, Germany, Finland, Sweden. Croats HATE Russia because Russians are Orthodox, as are we Serbs.
    Everyone else is more or less Russophobic. I don't trust the Czechs at all, because I have more confidence in Slovakia and Austria.
    Spain and Portugal; I don't think they dont care. Just follow what Brussels says. They are far away. They are like Neptune in the solar system, far from Russia.

All in all, I don't think southern Europe is Russophobic; Italy, Spain and Portugal. The Romanic peoples are overwhelmingly different. I don't count France here, though.
    The same is true for most Balkan countries, except Romania, which, like Poland, is digging its own grave. Problems with russophobia go from France to Finland.

Bulgarians wouldn't have been russophobic if they supported bulgaria instead of serbia, greece and romania in the second balkan war, didnt encourage king Milan to attack bulgaria for liberating its land from the turks,  and didn't encourage the brainwashing of bulgarians in macedonia. Basically the fake macedonian ethniocity was a russo-serbian project, which is a shame, because macedonians and macedonian history are even more fake than ukrainians.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun May 29, 2022 5:42 pm

limb wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

Bulgarians wouldn't have been russophobic if they supported bulgaria instead of serbia, greece and romania in the second balkan war, didnt encourage king Milan to attack bulgaria for liberating its land from the turks,  and didn't encourage the brainwashing of bulgarians in macedonia. Basically the fake macedonian ethniocity was a russo-serbian project, which is a shame, because macedonians and macedonian history are even more fake than ukrainians.
    You have your timeline and reasons little mixed up there buddy. 
    King Milan was from Obrenović dynasty, which was alligned to KuK monarchy during his time. His attack on Bulgaria in 1885. ( not the best moment in our history) was due to Bulgarian annexation of Eastern Rumelia. Bulgaria was formed by Russia in 1878 after Russo-Turkish war and, at the time of unification was viewed as Russian client state.
    Attack of Serbia was partly because of perceived fear of king Milan that Bulgaria will strengthen too much and part from fear of KuK monarchy that Russia will become to strong in that part of Europe and that will enhance their chance to  claim Istanbul and sea connection btw Mediterranean and Black sea.
    Second Balkan war happened almost 30 years later, in 1913, when Bulgaria wasn't happy with post First Balkan war divide of territories. Bulgaria, under Koburg dynasty at the time, wanted to solve that by war. Serbia, under Karadjordjevic dynasty was atm much more aligned with Russia and France. Greece wanted to consolidate their new gains in the north and Romania had its eyes on Dobrudja. Result of the war was that Bulgaria lost and with that lost territories it got in First Balkan war. Turkey seized opportunity and pushed them further from Istanbul and retake Edirne. Romanians took Dobruja.
    Macedonian nation, if you will, was largely created by post WW2 Yugoslavia ( movement traced its beginnings before that). Both Serbia and Bulgaria wanted to present Slavic people living there as their own compatriots. Greeks simply expelled or assimilated them.

Podlodka77 likes this post

limb dislikes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:41 pm