Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
Mir
thegopnik
Broski
Werewolf
Urluber
Ispan
zorobabel
Stealthflanker
GarryB
lancelot
GunshipDemocracy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Sujoy
sepheronx
LMFS
ArgentinaGuard
ATLASCUB
lyle6
calripson
Arkanghelsk
RTN
ALAMO
kvs
Odin of Ossetia
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
Hole
Firebird
Eugenio Argentina
SeigSoloyvov
JohninMK
PhSt
Vann7
ucmvulcan
Big_Gazza
Scorpius
caveat emptor
limb
Dr.Snufflebug
Backman
VARGR198
diabetus
mnztr
nomadski
Isos
Regular
Serberus
flamming_python
52 posters

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Empty Re: Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread

Post  flamming_python Mon May 23, 2022 12:36 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:One of the few types of missiles that has not yet been used in a special military operation is the 9M370 Burevestnik..

It will not be used, of course, because it is a nuclear-powered and nuclear-armed missile.
    All 7 weapons systems that Putin first mentioned in March 2018 have already entered operational use or will enter soon. In use ; Avangard hypersonic maneuverable nuclear warhead, H47M2 Kinzhal hypersonic air-launched missile, S-500 "Prometheus", laser weapon "Peresvet". The "Poseidon" nuclear torpedo will soon join them this year, when the submarine K-329 "Belgorod" will be handed over on the Day of the Russian Navy. As for the RS-28 "Sarmat", everything is clear and that heavy ICBM missile is sure to enter operational use. The only weapon that Putin did not mention at the time was the 3M22 "Zircon", which is also close to operational status. Only "Burevestnik" remains ..

So, all that remains is for "Burevestnik" to hit Ukraine. Just kidding...

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Vkscy910

Gotta say I'm growing suspicious of the people who call for Russia to nuke the Ukraine, to commit war-crimes by executing prisoners, and all those kind of things.

Just whose side are you all on? Suspect

I hate your liberal thinking....I just hate it.
    I don't give a **** about you liberal wiews .Do you understand me now ? About 50 percent of those Ukrainian maggots population hate Russia more than anything, for more than a century, so I dont share your opinion about "brother" love between Russia and "Ukraine".  If Ukraine had nuclear weapons thay would use them against Russia.  Russia should use whatever is necessary to destroy that Nazi shithole "Ukraine". I dont "call" for Russia to nuke Ukraine but if some of NATO vasals enters in Ukraine - nuke everything and burn it to the ground. That's what NATO wants for your country, you liberal boy..

You're the one who has been screeching about how Russia is the best and most powerful country ever as compensation for your fear that it's about to be destroyed by the Ukros and America lol1
    Psyops get to you much?

As for liberal views, my views are not liberal, just logical. It's not an opinion, Russians and Ukrainians basically are the same people, and even if they weren't they're still neighbors and are fated to live next to each other. This isn't some Iraq or Vietnam to the US.
    But practical concerns also dictate that you should avoid killing everyone, or committing any atrocities. All such strategies are self-defeating, and actually exactly what the EU and US want to see from Russia.
    Denazification and demilitarization are sufficient. Anyone who wants to hate can hate, but without a weapon in their hands they can't do much about it, they're not a threat.

Broski likes this post

Podlodka77 dislikes this post

Podlodka77

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Empty Re: Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread

Post  Podlodka77 Mon May 23, 2022 1:48 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:One of the few types of missiles that has not yet been used in a special military operation is the 9M370 Burevestnik..

It will not be used, of course, because it is a nuclear-powered and nuclear-armed missile.
    All 7 weapons systems that Putin first mentioned in March 2018 have already entered operational use or will enter soon. In use ; Avangard hypersonic maneuverable nuclear warhead, H47M2 Kinzhal hypersonic air-launched missile, S-500 "Prometheus", laser weapon "Peresvet". The "Poseidon" nuclear torpedo will soon join them this year, when the submarine K-329 "Belgorod" will be handed over on the Day of the Russian Navy. As for the RS-28 "Sarmat", everything is clear and that heavy ICBM missile is sure to enter operational use. The only weapon that Putin did not mention at the time was the 3M22 "Zircon", which is also close to operational status. Only "Burevestnik" remains ..

So, all that remains is for "Burevestnik" to hit Ukraine. Just kidding...

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Vkscy910

Gotta say I'm growing suspicious of the people who call for Russia to nuke the Ukraine, to commit war-crimes by executing prisoners, and all those kind of things.

Just whose side are you all on? Suspect

I hate your liberal thinking....I just hate it.
    I don't give a **** about you liberal wiews .Do you understand me now ? About 50 percent of those Ukrainian maggots population hate Russia more than anything, for more than a century, so I dont share your opinion about "brother" love between Russia and "Ukraine".  If Ukraine had nuclear weapons thay would use them against Russia.  Russia should use whatever is necessary to destroy that Nazi shithole "Ukraine". I dont "call" for Russia to nuke Ukraine but if some of NATO vasals enters in Ukraine - nuke everything and burn it to the ground. That's what NATO wants for your country, you liberal boy..

You're the one who has been screeching about how Russia is the best and most powerful country ever as compensation for your fear that it's about to be destroyed by the Ukros and America lol1
    Psyops get to you much?

As for liberal views, my views are not liberal, just logical. It's not an opinion, Russians and Ukrainians basically are the same people, and even if they weren't they're still neighbors and are fated to live next to each other. This isn't some Iraq or Vietnam to the US.
    But practical concerns also dictate that you should avoid killing everyone, or committing any atrocities. All such strategies are self-defeating, and actually exactly what the EU and US want to see from Russia.
    Denazification and demilitarization are sufficient. Anyone who wants to hate can hate, but without a weapon in their hands they can't do much about it, they're not a threat.

Why don't you go to the front and ask Russian soldiers why "brothers" shoot on them and why Russian soldiers are tortured by their "brothers" ? Ask them, you keyboard warrior.
    Hey liberal, it's not 1941 and German army is not at 30 km from Moscow. I don't have fear for Russia, I have fear from "logical and liberal" Russians as you are. I was in the Serbian army when NATO agression on Serbia started. And I wasn't scared, because I'm an idiot and I go with my heart
    You are a liberal coward in my eyes and nothing can't change my wiew about that. As a Russian, if you are a Russian, I will repeat again that I can't stand your liberal wiews. I have never heard from Hole or Big Gazza, or Garry B , that Putin is a "war criminal", because those are your words. **** that "we are brothers" because " at least half of today's Ukraine doesn't see you or any other Russian as a brother. Russian language is forbidden, they want to destroy all Russian churches.... Those are "brothers" ? FP, go FYS !

Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina and Broski like this post

limb dislikes this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Mon May 23, 2022 2:02 pm

Regular wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    About 50 percent of those Ukrainian maggots population hate Russia more than anything, for more than a century, so I dont share your opinion about "brother" love between Russia and "Ukraine".  .

Lol, do you know how absurd this sounds for someone who actually been to Ukraine? 20 years ago or so people barely spoke Ukrainian.
    You just sound like Ukrainian extremist who are breaking their backs trying to prove that Ukraine and Russia are not connected in any way.

Give it 10-15 years and sentiment can change again, but fact is that Russians and Ukrainians are brotherly nations with almost the same mentality and in my opinion, Ukrainians are closer to Russians than to Poles or even mellow Belarussians (They are Estonians of Slavs)

Nazism in Russia was also rife in the 90s, but Oligarchs never managed to use those elements and they just faded away, in Ukraine as you can see - they were used as a muscle to get certain people in power and all the bullshit narrative was promoted by them.

Putting Nazis and all that shit aside…I can see a close parallel here with Montenegro and Serbia. We also have a shared history and up until the mid to late 90’s most Monenegrins regarded themselves not just as a brotherly nation but identified as Serbs, these days they turned to the west, joined nato, and
    half of the country maybe even more hate Serbia more than the Croats do, and would gladly wipe us all off the planet if they could. It changed that quickly and its that bad, and whats worse we didnt even have a conflict of any sort . I  have some distant family members who turned in such a way and now dont talk to us purely out of some misguided hate.

Once  you sell your ass to the West and forsake your roots and brothers, alot can change in 20 years, as we can evidently see on the ground in Ukraine

Regular, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS and like this post

Regular

Post  Regular Mon May 23, 2022 2:19 pm

Serberus wrote:
    Putting Nazis and all that shit aside…I can see a close parallel here with Montenegro and Serbia. We also have a shared history and up until the mid to late 90’s most Monenegrins regarded themselves not just as a brotherly nation but identified as Serbs, these days half of the country mybe even more hate Serbia more than the Croats do, and would gladly wipe us all off the planet if they could. It changed that quickly and its that bad, and whats worse we didnt even have a conflict of any sort . I  have some distant family members who turned in such a way and now dont talk to us purely out of some misguided hate.

Once  you sell your ass to the West and forsake your roots and brothers, alot can change in 20 years, as we can evidently see on the ground in Ukraine

Very good example. But West does like to change their toys often. We will see, Chechens were much more hostile than Ukrainians not long ago, and look at them now.

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy and Serberus like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon May 23, 2022 3:40 pm

Hole wrote:Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Ftakhc10
    Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Ftakho10
    Laughing

How could the engineers come up with this idea that such huge thing should be designed like this ? And how the UK army accepted it in service ?

You need a fucking tractor to move it. It's just huge for a 600m range RPG.

GarryB, flamming_python, Regular, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon May 23, 2022 4:01 pm

The UK does not and can not spend too much on research or defence . The Brimstone was a fail in Syria . Like other European countries , they are buying US equipment . Including the highly capable F35 ! ( did not one , fall into ocean recently ? )  The MIC , is about making profits . Making and selling the most expensive and profitable gear and not the most effective . The M1A1 , tank is low range and very thirsty . The patriot , has very low interception rate in Saudi . The javelin , seems heavy and low battery life . The Humvee was not armoured , and still is best used by Arnold Swaziwelder , to show off . The M16 , jammed continuously in Vietnam . The F4 was so bad in aerodynamics , they ended up with strange wing /tail design .The F22 is falling apart in the rain .

But brilliant step - through bicycle design . No risk of bruising the bollocks and totally functional ! Unisex . Probably the best thing out of Holland !

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 23, 2022 5:45 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    Why don't you go to the front and ask Russian soldiers why "brothers" shoot on them and why Russian soldiers are tortured by their "brothers" ? Ask them, you keyboard warrior.
    Hey liberal, it's not 1941 and German army is not at 30 km from Moscow.  I don't have fear for Russia, I have fear from "logical and liberal" Russians as you are. I was in the Serbian army when NATO agression on Serbia started. And I wasn't scared, because I'm an idiot and I go with my heart
    You are a liberal coward in my eyes and nothing can't change my wiew about that. As a Russian, if you are a Russian, I will repeat again that I can't stand your liberal wiews. I have never heard from Hole or Big Gazza, or Garry B , that Putin is a "war criminal", because those are your words. **** that "we are brothers" because " at least half of today's Ukraine doesn't see you or any other Russian as a brother. Russian language is forbidden, they want to destroy all Russian churches.... Those are "brothers" ? FP, go FYS !

Get out of here man.
    All respect to Serbs and their bravery, but why give advice on how to win a war against NATO, or any neighboring states. For Serbia it didn't work. You had it your way, now our guys will try it their way.

This war will be won and the strategy and regulations involved are very much correct. You can go tell the Russian generals that you can't stand their liberal views either. I'm actually backing them here, is what I'm doing. As opposing to backing the hotheads that say that we should send a message, nuke something, carpet bomb something else, make an example out of some captives, etc...

As for Putin, you keep putting words into my mouth. If it turns out he started an unneccessary war that could have been entirely avoided then yes I'd see him as a criminal. But each day looking at more of these Nazi types kind of convinces me that there was actually no avoiding such a war and that it was coming if Russia hadn't struck first. Plus the reaction of the West. They were waiting for all this, and that means they might have acted to make it inevitable too.
    As for the population of the Ukraine, no half of them don't hate Russians. The ones who actively hate Russians are a minority. The majority, of those who even have a hard opinion - are just swayed by the arguments of their fake state and the showmen who control it, that they are defending their territory, etc... like the same Serbia did for example in 1999. Not realizing that their country is not sovereign but merely an extension of NATO and Washington will, thus there is nothing to defend. Other's interests, instead of your own.
    They deserve the blame anyway, Nazism should never be tolerated, but I do kind of understand how the Ukrainian military got into the logical stupor that it's in. And if they can be 'convinced' that it's in their best interests to give up, or switch sides - then that's by far the best outcome.

Backman and Broski like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Mon May 23, 2022 6:15 pm

nomadski wrote: Including the highly capable F35 ! ( did not one , fall into ocean recently ? )  

Apparently the pilot tried to take off with the engine covers on. lol

VARGR198 likes this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Mon May 23, 2022 6:19 pm

Isos wrote:
    Hole wrote:Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Ftakhc10
    Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Ftakho10
    Laughing

How could the engineers come up with this idea that such huge thing should be designed like this ? And how the UK army accepted it in service ?

That's just for shipping. I'm not sure why they take them everywhere in those.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 23, 2022 6:29 pm

diabetus wrote:

You sure?

What about all those IR sensors with sensitive temperature ranges?
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Mon May 23, 2022 6:32 pm

mnztr wrote:
    nomadski wrote: Including the highly capable F35 ! ( did not one , fall into ocean recently ? )  

The F35 is one of the worst planes ever made. Trying to make it able to do everything and many times the cost instead of making three purpose buit planes at a fraction of the price.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, zardof, nomadski, Sprut-B and like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon May 23, 2022 6:45 pm

Joke for you :

Blonde and Brunette waiting in Ukrainian bus queue . Brunette pointing to the sky , saying " .....aaaahhhhh.....look at that dead bird flying in the sky !! " Blonde looking up to the sky " ........where ? Where ? " Dumb blonde .

Lol .

owais.usmani likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon May 23, 2022 6:52 pm

I noticed that brOSINT wasn't in the Urban Dictionary. So I made a submission. And they accepted it Very Happy

Off Topic stuff from Ukraine Police action thread Df5cqqz-58fe1ae4-758f-482a-b331-7563b3eca80f.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY3MzJmNjNmLWQ1NGYtNDc4OS1iNGVhLWRlNGUyMTMzMmQ5NlwvZGY1Y3Fxei01OGZlMWFlNC03NThmLTQ4MmEtYjMzMS03NTYzYjNlY2E4MGYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Walther von Oldenburg, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Mon May 23, 2022 7:08 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    diabetus wrote:

You sure?

I don't think it has any IR sensors.
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon May 23, 2022 7:58 pm

diabetus wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    diabetus wrote:

You sure?

I don't think it has any IR sensors.

NLAW uses simple inertial navigation IIRC, has no active targeting once airborne.

The launcher tells it what it's aiming at, the distance to and the speed/direction of the target, and once launched the missile is guesstimating where it should impact, using inertial guidance.

Anyway, these huge, bulky containers go hand in hand with general modern western arms philosophy. Dirty field usage after months of nasty conflict without much in the way of logistical support etc just isn't on the radar.

The weapons themselves have, like Javelin etc, underperformed hugely as far as I can see. Lack of training is an issue, but apart from that I am willing to bet money that direct-fire RPGs (including western analogues like PzF 3, AT4 etc) have been far, far more effective in this theater, at a fraction of the cost, and with superior mobility and versatility).

In fact, I've seen more NLAWs and Javelins launched blindly at nothing for TikTok videos than ones actually launched at targets, and more abandoned/captured ones in RU/LDNR hands than actively used ones in UA ditto.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Mon May 23, 2022 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

limb

Post  limb Mon May 23, 2022 9:07 pm

I know many people will think I'm more insane than now, but I really wish that the Russian governors, oligarchs, and in general bourgeoisie are giving a lot of their personal wealth to equip Russian and LDNR troops. Deripaska, Starpvoit, Prokhorov, etc should sell their cars and yachts so russian troops get more thermal imagers and guided artillery rounds.
    The Veche fund has been a success, but it can only go so far, since the donors are the working class. Russia should have a cancel culture where owners of it's extraction Industry, as well as the professional managerial class(PMC), get ostracized and not allowed to use state services for not donating a few million to the denazifiers.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Mon May 23, 2022 9:16 pm

limb wrote:I know many people will think I'm more insane than now, but I really wish that the Russian governors, oligarchs, and in general bourgeoisie are giving a lot of their personal wealth to equip Russian and LDNR troops. Deripaska, Starpvoit, Prokhorov, etc should sell their cars and yachts so russian troops get more thermal imagers and guided artillery rounds.
    The Veche fund has been a success, but it can only go so far, since the donors are the working class. Russia should have a cancel culture where owners of it's extraction Industry, as well as the professional managerial class(PMC), get ostracized and not allowed to use state services for not donating a few million to the denazifiers.
    Even if they do, they'll keep it hush hush due to possibility of going under sanctions. Not that it should matter at this point. 
    Prokhorov will definitely not provide any help. He is in Israel atm. Along with some other. Mist of the oligarchs didn't become rich because they are good in business. 
    I know that some smaller level businessmen provided help.

Broski likes this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Mon May 23, 2022 9:59 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    limb wrote:I know many people will think I'm more insane than now, but I really wish that the Russian governors, oligarchs, and in general bourgeoisie are giving a lot of their personal wealth to equip Russian and LDNR troops. Deripaska, Starpvoit, Prokhorov, etc should sell their cars and yachts so russian troops get more thermal imagers and guided artillery rounds.
    Even if they do, they'll keep it hush hush due to possibility of going under sanctions. Not that it should matter at this point. 
    Prokhorov will definitely not provide any help. He is in Israel atm. Along with some other. Mist of the oligarchs didn't become rich because they are good in business. 
    I know that some smaller level businessmen provided help.

I know that all the telegram channels known to me, dedicated to covering events during the special operation, have repeatedly organized campaigns to collect donations for various needs. Helmets and bulletproof vests, thermal imagers and night sights, quadrocopters and other ammunition are purchased with the collected funds. All kinds of humanitarian aid for civilian facilities are also being purchased: medical instruments and medicines for hospitals, electric generators, clothing and food. The flow of humanitarian aid from Russia is enormous. I can't even imagine how much money is being spent on humanitarian aid right now. And this is private money, not government money.

One of the cases I know of: one of the residents of Donbass is currently engaged in the delivery of humanitarian aid in areas close to combat. He goes to places where the shelling continues to deliever essential food to residents who cannot leave those places. He does this because no one else will go there, under fire. In Russia, they held a fundraiser and bought him a second-hand armored collector truck - so that he could be protected at least from shrapnel.

Just a week ago, my friend took a car, loaded it under the roof with medicines and necessary equipment, and went with his friend to the LDPR, where he handed over the car and everything he brought for humanitarian needs. And his companion went for a few weeks on a trip to hospitals in the territory controlled by Russia, where she will provide medical care to the local population. She does this during her vacation. She didn't go to a pretentious resort to lie on the beach, but went to help people in a war zone.

GarryB, franco, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon May 23, 2022 10:24 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    Hey liberal, it's not 1941 and German army is not at 30 km from Moscow.  I don't have fear for Russia, I have fear from "logical and liberal" Russians as you are. I was in the Serbian army when NATO agression on Serbia started. And I wasn't scared, because I'm an idiot and I go with my heart

Get out of here man.
    All respect to Serbs and their bravery, but why give advice on how to win a war against NATO, or any neighboring states. For Serbia it didn't work. You had it your way, now our guys will try it their way.

This war will be won and the strategy and regulations involved are very much correct. You can go tell the Russian generals that you can't stand their liberal views either. I'm actually backing them here, is what I'm doing. As opposing to backing the hotheads that say that we should send a message, nuke something, carpet bomb something else, make an example out of some captives, etc...

As for Putin, you keep putting words into my mouth. If it turns out he started an unneccessary war that could have been entirely avoided then yes I'd see him as a criminal. But each day looking at more of these Nazi types kind of convinces me that there was actually no avoiding such a war and that it was coming if Russia hadn't struck first. Plus the reaction of the West. They were waiting for all this, and that means they might have acted to make it inevitable too.
    As for the population of the Ukraine, no half of them don't hate Russians. The ones who actively hate Russians are a minority. The majority, of those who even have a hard opinion - are just swayed by the arguments of their fake state and the showmen who control it, that they are defending their territory, etc... like the same Serbia did for example in 1999. Not realizing that their country is not sovereign but merely an extension of NATO and Washington will, thus there is nothing to defend. Other's interests, instead of your own.
    They deserve the blame anyway, Nazism should never be tolerated, but I do kind of understand how the Ukrainian military got into the logical stupor that it's in. And if they can be 'convinced' that it's in their best interests to give up, or switch sides - then that's by far the best outcome.

Putin must be "guilty" that NATO came to Russia's borders, right ?
    You are showing your true face again and you "doubt" that Putin might be the culprit for this war. Look at this, I have no doubt that I would fight with you with my bare hands if we were in front of each other by any chance. You really stink !
    Russia is doing exactly what you obviously don't like, that is, it is trying to kill as many of those "brothers" in the battles, while the conquest of cities is left for later.

Those "brothers" of yours erased KIEV in just a couple of years, and KYIV is now used all over the world, and it's not Kharkov, it's Kkarkiv, just as the Dnieper became the Dnipro, etc. AND WHY DID THEY DO IT ? The only reason is that they do not want to identify with your story about "brotherhood" and they smoked a Western lie that they will have a standard of living at least like the Germans. Why did more of your "brothers" go to Poland than to Russia?
    Those "brothers" of yours mostly wear these days Hitler's tattoos, swastikas, insignia of the SS division, etc. And most of them are not from Western Ukraine, but they are residents of Kharkov, Mariupol, Kiev or Zaporozhye and Nikolaev.

Muscovites is not an expression invented by Poroshenko and Zelensky, but it is an old and derogatory Ukrainian saying about the Russians, isn't it ?
    And your story about the "brotherhood" with a good part of the "Ukrainians" is worth nothing. It is not worth it because it is an old wound opened by the communists, and Lenin gave rise to the story of the "state of Ukraine". Only that was not so visible during the USSR, but it came later.
    For seventy years, heretics ate up Russia and the Russian Orthodox Church, while on the other hand, extreme nationalism (later Nazism) grew in Ukraine. The moment you ban the basic language (it was Russian) and invent "your" Ukrainian Orthodox Church - then it is clear that you do not want to be a brother to the one from whom you essentially became, that is, from Russia.

If you are so sure of the "brotherhood" with Ukraine, then explain to me why the FSB still captures "cells" with Ukrainians in Crimea working against Crimea and Russia during special military operation, even though those Ukrainians have been living inside the state of Russia for 8 years or from 2014 ?
    You see, even the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinopole recognized the "Ukrainian" Orthodox Church as independent, and the same church that was not founded by either Poroshenko or Zelensky, but was founded much earlier. And why was it done, if it is already known that Ukrainians have been going to the Russian Orthodox Church for centuries ?
    In the end i must write that you are ignorant not to see that the West used fertile ground to fight against Russia, because what is happening now is not something that started with Poroshenko and Zelensky, but started much earlier. At least half of the "Ukrainians" will never want to have anything to do with Russia again, and the West used that fertile ground to fight against Russia, and you are free to get carried away with the story of "brotherhood".

Comparing Serbia with Russia is ridiculous. If we had some of the military equipment you have - we would trample Ukraine even more. We Serbs have been seeing the antagonism of a good part of the population of Ukraine towards Russia for decades, while they are still "brothers" for you.
    For people like you, neither Bandera nor the war in 2014 was enough, as well as this conflict now, to understand that many of them do not want to be your brothers.

Ukraine no longer exists for me, and listen carefully to your compatriot Mikhail Onufrienko, who says "the former state of Ukraine" in every announcement. Unlike you, he is a true patriot. You're a liberal a**hole. I am FOR Russia to trample Ukraine as long as there is ONE guy who will say "Glory to Ukraine". If you need to kill millions, go ahead !

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Mon May 23, 2022 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 23, 2022 10:42 pm

No, that would amount to the Ukrainiazation of Russia. Where the functions of the state break down in favour of crowdfunding, oligarch self-PR and mob-rule. Next thing you know you'll end up with a foreign-appointed actor in charge of your country rather than a president

If the borgouise and elites want to help so they can quit avoiding taxes, reinvest in Russia rather than abroad, keep their money in Russian banks and their assets in Russian property/companies/whatever, prioritize import-substitution, and give good working conditions to their employees.
    Will they do that? Only if you remove all alternatives for them. Which the West is helping with tremendously it must be said
    Meanwhile, let the troops be equipped by the Ministry of Defense and the Russian budget. There should be plenty enough funds to go around, especially if the economy grows.

GunshipDemocracy, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon May 23, 2022 11:45 pm

Posted earlier, I deleted the post.

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Tue May 24, 2022 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Mon May 23, 2022 11:56 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:Has anyone written about this ? I went back a couple of pages but I don't see any info about this ..If so, I apologize for posting again.

TASS: Military operation in Ukraine
    May 23, 07:59

Crews with "Giacint-S" of the RF Armed Forces destroyed a unit of M-777 howitzers from the USA in Ukraine

According to the Ministry of Defense, the crews of self-propelled guns carry out fire missions to destroy enemy strongholds, fortifications, equipment and manpower.

MOSCOW, May 23. /TASS/. The Russian Defense Ministry has published footage of the combat work of the crews of 152-millimeter self-propelled guns "Giacint-S", in particular, the defeat of the Ukrainian unit of 155-mm howitzers M-777 made in the United States. This was reported on Monday in the military department.

"In the course of carrying out the tasks of counter-battery combat, the Giacint-S battery destroyed a unit of 155-millimeter towed howitzers M-777 made in the United States," the report says.

According to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, in the course of a special military operation, crews of self-propelled guns carry out fire missions to destroy strongholds, fortifications, equipment and manpower of the enemy, and also successfully suppress the firing positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine during counter-battery combat. After each fire raid and in case of detection of enemy unmanned aerial vehicles, the firing position is immediately changed.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14698027

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir, Broski and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue May 24, 2022 1:35 am

Isos wrote:How could the engineers come up with this idea that such huge thing should be designed like this ? And how the UK army accepted it in service ?

I doubt that the design is governed by engineering principles, but by the profit imperative. Such an over-engineered canister will deliver greatly enhanced earnings to the privately-owned manufacturer. The alternative however is that the weapon is so flimsy that it needs to be treated with extreme care to stop it breaking in normal storage and handling conditions. Most likely the truth is a combination of these two factors.

Russian MIC engineers must look at this absurd shit and just laugh.... Razz Razz Razz Razz

GarryB, Isos, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

limb

Post  limb Tue May 24, 2022 1:47 am

flamming_python wrote:

No, that would amount to the Ukrainiazation of Russia. Where the functions of the state break down in favour of crowdfunding, oligarch self-PR and mob-rule. Next thing you know you'll end up with a foreign-appointed actor in charge of your country rather than a president

If the borgouise and elites want to help so they can quit avoiding taxes, reinvest in Russia rather than abroad, keep their money in Russian banks and their assets in Russian property/companies/whatever, prioritize import-substitution, and give good working conditions to their employees.
    Will they do that? Only if you remove all alternatives for them. Which the West is helping with tremendously it must be said
    Meanwhile, let the troops be equipped by the Ministry of Defense and the Russian budget. There should be plenty enough funds to go around, especially if the economy grows.

If that's what you call ukrainization, then its preferable to having rich oligarchs, governors, mayors, etc, cheering on the  SMO while owning yachts and 5 western luxury cars(but not increasing their employee's wages), or moving to Israel but still being able to profit from their private property in russia, while russian workers are donating their hard earned money.

Clearly the MoD budget isnt enough, judging by how the Moskva was non-combat capable out of desire for penny pinching, and russia lacks a large light piston and marine reduction gear engine industry, capable of churning out thousands each year.

Starovoit in particular could sell his presumably luxurious cars or dachas to fund more Shorads to protect belgorod villages for example.
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Tue May 24, 2022 1:51 am

VARGR198 wrote:
    mnztr wrote:

The F35 is one of the worst planes ever made. Trying to make it able to do everything and many times the cost instead of making three purpose buit planes at a fraction of the price.

As an Amerrican, I am willing to give the game away. Our government has one mission and one mission only? To fight Russia? No, this war and all the crap our diplomats and generals pulled was merely a means to the end of making the Oligarchs in the Energy, Military Industrial Complex, and Wall Street Investment houses money and to ensure our elected officials win reelection. The F-35 was and remains a similar scam. Ensure that almost every state in the nation makes some component of this plane. Then make sure that our NATO allies make component parts to this plane. Then sell this plane and force our allies to buy it. This kills their aviation sector and pumps money into our MIC and the pockets of Wall-Street. How wasteful is the F-35? It damn well made me agree with the late Senator John McCain on something, and trust me that was a rarity. As the F-35 was designed to make our war profiteers aircraft carriers full of money, it was highly successful. As a weapons system? It has a lot in common with the Me-210 and Me-410

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:06 am