Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
nero
marcellogo
SeigSoloyvov
SolidarityWithRussia
walle83
Cyrus the great
calripson
Belisarius
Urluber
Odin of Ossetia
diabetus
Scorpius
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
billybatts91
LMFS
Firebird
teh_beard
caveat emptor
RTN
franco
Giulio
lancelot
Broski
VARGR198
Regular
0nillie0
limb
ATLASCUB
kvs
George1
Big_Gazza
Mir
nomadski
Erk
Arrow
GarryB
ALAMO
MMBR
owais.usmani
Krepost
Airbornewolf
Singular_Transform
Eugenio Argentina
Ispan
Yugo90
Kiko
Azi
ucmvulcan
jhelb
PapaDragon
sepheronx
GunshipDemocracy
ludovicense
JohninMK
Stealthflanker
Hinex1988
d_taddei2
mnztr
lyle6
Sujoy
Hole
Arkanghelsk
zorobabel
mavaff
Serberus
flamming_python
Podlodka77
Isos
Dr.Snufflebug
par far
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Post  Regular Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:27 pm

Mir wrote:
    0nillie0 wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:What is this?

No idea, i have never seen this vehicle. I even doubt it is Russian made, but should be Riot control vehicle without dozer blade or front mounted screen.

Would be nice to know what it is. Styling reminds me of the Karatel by ZIL but i can not make out the logo on the front (if that even is a logo).

Doesn't look "Russian" so could be capture riot control vehicle or some type of command vehicle?

Kamaz Viking (Based on kamaz 4911 if I am correct) doesn't look Russian? For me it looks like a Kamaz straight away Very Happy

it was used for half a decade. Russian SF does have foreign armored trucks, but that's clearly Russian. There are so many versions of this, mostly difference in armoured capsule as I think every single capsule is different... Some of them had ramps for UGVs as seen in their terrorist elimination videos in Chechnya.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Image45

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Image46

Last edited by Regular on Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2, JohninMK, 0nillie0, Mir and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:29 pm

Regular wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    0nillie0 wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:What is this?

No idea, i have never seen this vehicle. I even doubt it is Russian made, but should be Riot control vehicle without dozer blade or front mounted screen.

Would be nice to know what it is. Styling reminds me of the Karatel by ZIL but i can not make out the logo on the front (if that even is a logo).

Doesn't look "Russian" so could be capture riot control vehicle or some type of command vehicle?

Kamaz Viking (Based on kamaz 4911 if I am correct) doesn't look Russian? For me it looks like a Kamaz straight away Very Happy

it was used for half a decade. Russian SF does have foreign armored trucks, but that's clearly Russian.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Image45

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Image46

I think he is referring to the letter "Z" as it is being banned in the west. I can understand the confusion.

Regular, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and Broski like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:41 pm

Sujoy wrote:H I Sutton states in his blog that there is "strong circumstantial evidence" that russian submarines are launching cruise missiles at Ukraine

http://www.hisutton.com/Russian-Submarines-Launching-Missiles-Ukraine.html

But Klub missiles launched from Russian subs especially in the Black Sea will probably have to fly over NATO airspace.

Would it not make more sense for the subs to just transit the Bosphorus submerged? How would Turkey know? and if they did, what would they do about it? In any case they have enough Kaliber capable ships in the black sea as well as cruise missile capable bombers.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:45 pm

mnztr wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:H I Sutton states in his blog that there is "strong circumstantial evidence" that russian submarines are launching cruise missiles at Ukraine

http://www.hisutton.com/Russian-Submarines-Launching-Missiles-Ukraine.html

But Klub missiles launched from Russian subs especially in the Black Sea will probably have to fly over NATO airspace.

Would it not make more sense for the subs to just transit the Bosphorus submerged? How would Turkey know? and if they did, what would they do about it? In any case they have enough Kaliber capable ships in the black sea.

They almost certainly have a Sound Surveillance System SOSUS and there are many ways to get a sub to surface.
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:58 pm

JUST IN: DoD says the new package for Ukraine includes:

-72 155mm howitzers and 144,000 artillery rounds
    -72 tactical vehicles to tow 155mm Howitzers
    -Over 121 Phoenix Ghost tactical unmanned aerial systems
    -Field equipment and spare parts

So another 72x old M114 towed howitzers, and the same amount of trucks to tow them.

And "over 121" drones, these "Phoenix Ghost" are cheapo Switchblade derivatives from what I gather.

What's the point..
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:59 pm

Or..assign Kilo class in Sevastopol Years ago maybe ? so they can also join shooting Kalibr without even need to cross Bosporus post 28th ?

You guys seems to forget that Black Sea Fleet already have Cruise missile capable Submarines attached to them and already deployed in the Black Sea before the "special military operations" even conceived. Those Kilo in Mediterania in turn are supplied from Tartus Syria. and wont need to shoot anything on Ukraine.

lancelot likes this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:02 pm

Clean up and body removal at the Theatre in Mariupol: https://t.me/boris_rozhin/44100

Russia is really going to have to mobilize for this level of clean up and reconstruction.
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:05 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:Or..assign Kilo class in Sevastopol Years ago maybe ? so they can also join shooting Kalibr without even need to cross Bosporus post 28th ?

You guys seems to forget that Black Sea Fleet already have Cruise missile capable Submarines attached to them and already deployed in the Black Sea before the "special military operations" even conceived. Those Kilo in Mediterania in turn are supplied from Tartus Syria.

Indeed, it seems people misunderstood Suttons article.

He said that Kilo subs in the Black Sea have launched cruise missiles, yeah, nothing new or surprising there. All other naval Kalibr launches have taken place from the Black Sea. No crossing of NATO countries needed, duh, it's the Black Sea.

Sutton adds that a couple of Kalibr-armed subs are in the Med, and *they* wouldn't be able to attack Ukrainian targets without overflying NATO territory. But that's like, why even mention it, not gonna happen.

Big_Gazza, Hole, owais.usmani, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:10 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq3jml10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq3tq910
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq3upe10
    Some people claim this is just recon by force and the real Phase 2 is still upon us.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, zorobabel, LMFS, Mir and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:11 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq4b_j10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq33yt10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq33yt11

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:11 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq3wby10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq3wev10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Fq3wgd10
    He is blessing around.

GarryB, Firebird, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Scree239
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Scree240
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Scree241
    Somali unit

GarryB, franco, Firebird, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Yugo90 and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 R15
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Scree242
    Predator is still around. Very Happy

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Broski and like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:20 pm

Stealthflanker wrote: Sevastopol naval base is IN black Sea right in the Crimean peninsula.  Where do you think Moskva was based ? and Black Sea Fleet already have like 4 Kilos already assigned to her. there is 5th which is Alrosa but she's never in good shape.
    I see. Thanks.

But is there any need for Russian ships, submarines to launch missiles when that job is already being done by the RuAF and the Army?
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:24 pm

In Tver, building of Central Research Institute of the Aerospace Defense Troops has burned down completely. Seven people died, 26 injured. Given the situation, possible diversion? What i don't understand is how come that building of this importance didn't have sprinkler systems installed?
    https://tvernews.ru/news/284178/

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Rm6ru110
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Rphiio10

kvs and GunshipDemocracy like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:25 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote: Sevastopol naval base is IN black Sea right in the Crimean peninsula.  Where do you think Moskva was based ? and Black Sea Fleet already have like 4 Kilos already assigned to her. there is 5th which is Alrosa but she's never in good shape.
    I see. Thanks.

But is there any need for Russian ships, submarines to launch missiles when that job is already being done by the RuAF and the Army?

Of course there is, they all need the practice as well as moving on their old stocks.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:27 pm

caveat emptor wrote:In Tver, building of Central Research Institute of the Aerospace Defense Troops has burned down completely.

Its in Russia.
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:28 pm

9M729 missile from Iskander-K is the missile that everyone forgets. I think that 9M729 is maybe the most used precision type of missile in this operation. But who knows and maybe I'm wrong. So far we only didn't have an attack of 3M22 Zircon and I'm sure that Zircon, as is the case with all other types of Russian missiles, can be used against targets on the ground. Just for purpose of testing and poking the NAZI-NATO pact.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:32 pm

caveat emptor wrote:In Tver, building of Central Research Institute of the Aerospace Defense Troops has burned down completely. Seven people died, 26 injured. Given the situation, possible diversion? What i don't understand is how come that building of this importance didn't have sprinkler systems installed?

It's unfortunate but, does it even have any relationship to current war tho ?

The building is deep inside Russia like over 800 Km.

GarryB and Yugo90 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:43 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:In Tver, building of Central Research Institute of the Aerospace Defense Troops has burned down completely. Seven people died, 26 injured. Given the situation, possible diversion? What i don't understand is how come that building of this importance didn't have sprinkler systems installed?

It's unfortunate but, does it even have any relationship to current war tho ?

The building is deep inside Russia like over 800 Km.  

Of course it does, it's a sabotage attack against Russian R&D capacities

kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:46 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:
    I see. Thanks.

Of course there is, they all need the practice as well as moving on their old stocks.
    The practice part is probably true.

Re the old stock part the general principal behind Yakhont/Onyx/Brahmos is...a fast projectile with a relatively lite warhead meant to trigger an explosion.

Picture from this week's Brahmos Ashm missile. Maybe the principal behind using the Kalibr is different.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Ship210
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Ship10

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs and GunshipDemocracy like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:08 pm

"We tell US representatives directly that the US-NATO transports with weapons passing through Ukrainian territory, the Russian Armed Forces have the right to consider as legitimate military targets," he said at a round table organized by the Diplomatic Academy of the department on the topic "Crisis in Russian-American relations."

https://ria.ru/20220421/nato-1784783247.html

Guys, time to "talk the talk, walk the walk”

flamming_python wrote:

Parliament Building in Kiev next?

Urluber likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:20 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:In Tver, building of Central Research Institute of the Aerospace Defense Troops has burned down completely.

Its in Russia.
    Yes, i know it is in Russia. Tver is relatively close to Moscow. I just pointed that there was maybe a foul play.

Urluber likes this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:22 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Probably decided that the risk of Russia attacking is low so are moving them to somewhere where they would be of use.

Victor
    @Vick_top55
    1/2 Are the Nazis preparing to surrender Odessa?

Evacuation trains are sent from Odessa to Uzhgorod and Chernivtsi.  And it’s not Odessa residents who are being evacuated, because the train includes not only passenger cars, but also cars with military equipment and army property  and there are many military people among the passengers.

Is Kyiv surrendering Odessa or preparing for a conflict with Hungary and Romania? https://t.me/vicktop55/3327 #vicktop55

Don't keep her waiting.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 394

Note the band.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 13 Imperatritsa-Ekaterina-2-Velikaya-interesnyefakty.org-4

Firebird, kvs, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:31 pm

flamming_python wrote:

That's bad then. Those plants and bureaus in Moscow e.g MITT and Novator better be careful... So does Kirov plant and Smolensk aircraft plant as those were the factories for Kh-101's.

flamming_python, owais.usmani and Arkanghelsk like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm