Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+76
chinggis
11E
Karl Haushofer
Yugo90
teh_beard
owais.usmani
MMBR
Ispan
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
psg
ahmedfire
ult
caveat emptor
Ned86
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
crod
LMFS
Airbornewolf
ludovicense
diabetus
wilhelm
Boshoed
Arrow
VARGR198
Odin of Ossetia
Broski
ArgentinaGuard
par far
pavi
kvs
GarryB
Hole
JohninMK
mavaff
Mir
SeigSoloyvov
Urluber
Hinex1988
RTN
ALAMO
lancelot
lyle6
TMA1
Scorpius
mnztr
mnrck
Krepost
Big_Gazza
Erk
Serberus
PhSt
Werewolf
ucmvulcan
ATLASCUB
nomadski
Firebird
Regular
Azi
littlerabbit
franco
sepheronx
Isos
Eugenio Argentina
PapaDragon
Podlodka77
Belisarius
limb
Arkanghelsk
Hannibal Barca
Dr.Snufflebug
flamming_python
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
zorobabel
80 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina


    Posts : 142
    Points : 144
    Join date : 2018-02-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Eugenio Argentina Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:38 pm

    A while ago, the account: UkraineMaps @MapsUkraine posted on Twitter what it said was a Tu-22 bomber refueling in flight.
    He implied that he was the one who attacked Mariupol.
    It was actually a Tu-160, escorted by 4 Sukhoi and behind it came another apparently tanker or transport plane and another Tu-160.
    Therefore, what these accounts say must be taken with tweezers.

    sepheronx, GarryB and Mir like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8037
    Points : 8113
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  flamming_python Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:44 pm

    Regular wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

    Night 4; you get a military call-up and go to military exercises.

    If there will be mobilization, then reservists will need help with the gear. It would break my heart to see guys in old and shitty equipment.

    If shtf, I hope voenotorgs will provide the best gear to reservists as this would only be fair. Voin uniforms, kiver helmets and etc.

    It's neccessary to provide the best gear for those who know how to fight already and will be on the front lines

    The people in reserve can train on and sport older gear while they're in the rear. Those who will be rotated to the front can be equipped better.

    But I don't think there will be mobilization unless there is a truly spectacular disaster.
    Rather there will be more volunteers and more rotations. Russia has over 3 million security people in total who work in this or that state service. They're not all front-line fighters, but nevertheless it's a huge percentage. Then you have ideologically motivated volunteers, you have veterans of previous wars, and people motivated by money. You also have people in the Ukraine that will join the DNR and LNR.
    avatar
    wilhelm


    Posts : 317
    Points : 321
    Join date : 2014-12-09

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  wilhelm Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:50 pm

    Boshoed wrote:Has anyone heard from Auslander recently?
    Is he okay?
    I was wondering the same thing earlier today

    Boshoed and Arkanghelsk like this post

    Boshoed
    Boshoed


    Posts : 50
    Points : 52
    Join date : 2015-10-08
    Age : 29
    Location : South Africa

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Boshoed Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:04 pm

    Eugenio Argentina wrote:A while ago, the account: UkraineMaps @MapsUkraine posted on Twitter what it said was a Tu-22 bomber refueling in flight.
    He implied that he was the one who attacked Mariupol.
    It was actually a Tu-160, escorted by 4 Sukhoi and behind it came another apparently tanker or transport plane and another Tu-160.
    Therefore, what these accounts say must be taken with tweezers.
    He implied no such thing.
    "Footage from earlier today shows Tu-22M3 long range strategic bomber refueling in-air above Vyazma, Russia."
    He's corrected it on his telegram channel.
    He also added a subnote to his tweet saying it's a TU-160.

    sepheronx likes this post

    Eugenio Argentina dislikes this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 12044
    Points : 12171
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  JohninMK Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:23 pm

    Boshoed wrote:
    Eugenio Argentina wrote:A while ago, the account: UkraineMaps @MapsUkraine posted on Twitter what it said was a Tu-22 bomber refueling in flight.
    He implied that he was the one who attacked Mariupol.
    It was actually a Tu-160, escorted by 4 Sukhoi and behind it came another apparently tanker or transport plane and another Tu-160.
    Therefore, what these accounts say must be taken with tweezers.
    He implied no such thing.
    "Footage from earlier today shows Tu-22M3 long range strategic bomber refueling in-air above Vyazma, Russia."
    He's corrected it on his telegram channel.
    He also added a subnote to his tweet saying it's a TU-160.

    More confusion

    Levi
    @Levi_godman
    ·
    4h
    Ive heard about this earlier but waited for confirmation from soldiers on the ground

    Russian aviation carried out bombing attacks with Tu-22M3 long-range bombers Azovstal. They assume its FAB-3000

    sepheronx, Regular, Boshoed, Eugenio Argentina and Arkanghelsk like this post

    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3498
    Points : 3478
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Regular Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:27 pm

    flamming_python wrote:


    It's neccessary to provide the best gear for those who know how to fight already and will be on the front lines

    Your army is providing the most current standard gear to the front-line soldiers. Everything apart from the optics dunno

    Reservists will definitely benefit from proper boots and comfy uniforms, even if they will stay in the rear. It doesn't matter if you are in the rear or at the front, you still face same weather elements and etc. Also, no point to keep the good stuff for airsofters. Russian commercial-grade uniforms are one of the best in the world, rucksacks, attachments and various gear is world-class. Even marines storming Mariupol have very bad gear compared to what is available. Milinfo channel posted videos of them wearing civilian backpacks, some of them in bright colours like red and blue, some of them had sports bags with one shoulder strap support.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Image37

    I have loads of backpacks from Grey Shop and other Russian suppliers, some of them lightweight assault platforms, sturdy as hell, light and modular, they don't hang or disbalance you, good support, no problems shouldering rifle and shooting. Wartech, Older SPOSN, ANA and so on. Not to mention medbags, plate carriers and etc. Russian stuff is not that expensive. If I could - I would send my gear out, but then there shit tons of it in Russia sitting on the shelves right now.

    Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

    Boshoed
    Boshoed


    Posts : 50
    Points : 52
    Join date : 2015-10-08
    Age : 29
    Location : South Africa

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Boshoed Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:28 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    Boshoed wrote:
    Eugenio Argentina wrote:A while ago, the account: UkraineMaps @MapsUkraine posted on Twitter what it said was a Tu-22 bomber refueling in flight.
    He implied that he was the one who attacked Mariupol.
    It was actually a Tu-160, escorted by 4 Sukhoi and behind it came another apparently tanker or transport plane and another Tu-160.
    Therefore, what these accounts say must be taken with tweezers.
    He implied no such thing.
    "Footage from earlier today shows Tu-22M3 long range strategic bomber refueling in-air above Vyazma, Russia."
    He's corrected it on his telegram channel.
    He also added a subnote to his tweet saying it's a TU-160.

    More confusion

    Levi
    @Levi_godman
    ·
    4h
    Ive heard about this earlier but waited for confirmation from soldiers on the ground

    Russian aviation carried out bombing attacks with Tu-22M3 long-range bombers Azovstal. They assume its FAB-3000
    There's also been more strategic bombers sighted flying.
    Some are saying they're preparing for more strategic bombing of 404.
    There's been footage posted of the Tu-22's bombing run.

    Eugenio Argentina and Arkanghelsk like this post

    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker


    Posts : 1346
    Points : 1426
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 35
    Location : Indonesia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Stealthflanker Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:34 pm

    They should be using more Kh-101's or use Guided bombs with Tu-22M3's. Conventional bombs kinda worrysome. One Ukrainian Buk around can turn things badly.

    -----

    Oh and be ready for more "Russia running out of missiles" argument popped up soon Mad

    d_taddei2 and Arkanghelsk like this post

    zorobabel
    zorobabel


    Posts : 619
    Points : 619
    Join date : 2015-09-21

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  zorobabel Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:36 pm

    The commander of the Saratov reportedly died in hospital from his injuries.

    https://t.me/swodki/70726
    avatar
    diabetus


    Posts : 320
    Points : 323
    Join date : 2014-04-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  diabetus Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:37 pm

    Stealthflanker wrote:They should be using more Kh-101's or use Guided bombs with Tu-22M3's.  Conventional bombs kinda worrysome.  One Ukrainian Buk around can turn things badly.

    -----

    Oh and be ready for more "Russia running out of missiles" argument popped up soon Mad

    Issue with bombs is that the tu-22m3 isn't capable of using them

    owais.usmani dislikes this post

    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker


    Posts : 1346
    Points : 1426
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 35
    Location : Indonesia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Stealthflanker Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:40 pm

    diabetus wrote:
    Issue with bombs is that the tu-22m3 isn't capable of using them

    Ugh.. well hope the escorts can spot the Buk first or Russians will include many decoys to lure and then destroy the air defense before the M3 arrived.
    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 490
    Points : 492
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Broski Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:42 pm

    Podlodka77 wrote:Flamming Python, don't get me wrong because I didn't mean to offend you. I believe that it is difficult for you to bear every Russian loss...
    I think you're mistaken, Flamming_Lenin has done more crying over dead UkroNazis than he's ever done for Russian POW's tortured to death, LPR/DPR residents that were shelled, kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered for 8 years straight and of course, the normal Ukrainian citizens today (Russian speakers, Romanians, Hungarians etc...) accused of being traitors and marauders then humiliated, stripped, beaten and killed by the Banderite regime.

    GarryB, Hole and Mir like this post

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 10516
    Points : 10502
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Isos Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:43 pm

    Stealthflanker wrote:They should be using more Kh-101's or use Guided bombs with Tu-22M3's.  Conventional bombs kinda worrysome.  One Ukrainian Buk around can turn things badly.

    -----

    Oh and be ready for more "Russia running out of missiles" argument popped up soon Mad

    Guided bombs doesn't make you safer than using normal bombs... maybe you mean gliding bombs ?

    Cruise missiles are for static targets. There is almost none left in ukraine. It's mostly soldiers using civilian cars that constantly move.

    d_taddei2, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina


    Posts : 142
    Points : 144
    Join date : 2018-02-25

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Eugenio Argentina Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:44 pm

    Boshoed wrote:
    Eugenio Argentina wrote:A while ago, the account: UkraineMaps @MapsUkraine posted on Twitter what it said was a Tu-22 bomber refueling in flight.
    He implied that he was the one who attacked Mariupol.
    It was actually a Tu-160, escorted by 4 Sukhoi and behind it came another apparently tanker or transport plane and another Tu-160.
    Therefore, what these accounts say must be taken with tweezers.
    He implied no such thing.
    "Footage from earlier today shows Tu-22M3 long range strategic bomber refueling in-air above Vyazma, Russia."
    He's corrected it on his telegram channel.
    He also added a subnote to his tweet saying it's a TU-160.


    Of course he implied that, since he put it after a Twitter about the attack on Mariupol.
    Also, there is a big difference between a Tu-22 and a Tu-160.
    And he corrected it, because other users told him.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8037
    Points : 8113
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  flamming_python Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:47 pm

    Broski wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:Flamming Python, don't get me wrong because I didn't mean to offend you. I believe that it is difficult for you to bear every Russian loss...
    I think you're mistaken, Flamming_Lenin has done more crying over dead UkroNazis than he's ever done for Russian POW's tortured to death, LPR/DPR residents that were shelled, kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered for 8 years straight and of course, the normal Ukrainian citizens today (Russian speakers, Romanians, Hungarians etc...) accused of being traitors and marauders then humiliated, stripped, beaten and killed by the Banderite regime.

    Will you cut the shit already?

    Britain's strategy in this whole affair is to create a permanent ethnic conflict between Russians and Ukrainians - which they will achieve regardless of crap like the Bucha hoax, if Russia simply ends up killing all the military-age men of the country.
    And no FFS hundreds of thousands of young men forcibly conscripted into the Ukrainian military over the last 2 months are not Nazis or nationalists for the most part, but ordinary people.

    I'm not advocating any kind of peace deal with the regime, that's not possible, but Russia's political strategy has failed so far and it now has to get the Donbass operation right and force a mass surrender that the regime will not be able to cover up or do anything about.
    That's the only thing that can shake apart the regime right now and end the bloodshed from full-scale conventional warfare.

    I see too many fans of outright genocide on this forum - but the strategy should be to end the war as quickly as possibly. Shock & awe might have done it if it was used right from the start, but it's too late now and Russia needs to stay the course.

    Mir likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12707
    Points : 12765
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:55 pm


    If they are serving in Nazi military it's pretty safe bet that they are Nazis

    Permanent ethnic conflict started long ago, now they can either be your subjects or masters, feel free to chose which

    And you will never get them to surrender, ones in Mariupol surrendered only after you killed sufficient amount of them, Nazis don't give up without good reason

    GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8037
    Points : 8113
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  flamming_python Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:03 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    If they are serving in Nazi military it's pretty safe bet that they are Nazis

    Permanent ethnic conflict started long ago, now they can either be your subjects or masters, feel free to chose which

    And you will never get them to surrender, ones in Mariupol surrendered only after you killed sufficient amount of them, Nazis don't give up without good reason

    There is a point at which all morale breaks and it's no longer possible to cover up a string of defeats and disasters. This happens to any army. At which point all regime propaganda stops working

    It happened to Armenia in the recent Nagorno-Karabakh war. They were so sure they were winning, until it turns out no - the Azeris have outmaneuvered them and took half the republic already.

    The sinking of the Moskva moved that point back somewhat, hence why it was such a fail

    The priority is to win in Mariupol, put the Donbass in a cauldron, encircle Kharkov and start to move in - and you will see the Ukrainian army start to surrender in mass.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2687
    Points : 2863
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  d_taddei2 Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:25 am

    Updates

    1) Germany's minister of Finance confirms press reports: Germany is indeed spending 2 billion Euros on military equipment, most of it designated for Ukraine

    2) U.S. now believes the Russian warship Moskva that sunk was hit by two Ukrainian Neptune missiles, a senior U.S. official says

    3) Kherson region: This morning Russian troops removed Ukrainian flags at town hall in Skadovsk and raised Russian flags, the same in Oleshky yesterday

    4) kalibur and other missiles strikes in various areas of Sumska Oblast, Sumy, Kirovohrad region, Poltava, Mykolaiv, (including smerch rockets used) and heavy shelling in Kharkiv

    ucmvulcan likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8037
    Points : 8113
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  flamming_python Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:50 am

    The US released a radar satellite image of the Moskva incident

    https://t.me/new_militarycolumnist/80416

    It shows a bunch of ships next to it and others not far away

    So it looks more like the vast majority of the crew was evacuated successfully

    The Lithuanian-published story is likely psy-ops

    JohninMK and Arkanghelsk like this post

    limb
    limb


    Posts : 1365
    Points : 1391
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  limb Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:04 am

    How many more weeks till the Russians go on the offensive again?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8037
    Points : 8113
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  flamming_python Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:10 am

    limb wrote:How many more weeks till the Russians go on the offensive again?

    Perhaps they're waiting for the Azovsteel Nazis to be flushed down the toilet bowl
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 12044
    Points : 12171
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:16 am

    Nasty but to be expected.

    Drew Harwell
    @drewharwell
    · 9h
    New: Ukraine has run more than 8,600 facial recognition searches on dead or captured Russians in the 50 days since the war began, using the scans to find the soldiers' social media profiles - and send photos of their corpses to their families back home https://wapo.st/3KHnkxE
    limb
    limb


    Posts : 1365
    Points : 1391
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  limb Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:22 am

    JohninMK wrote:Nasty but to be expected.

    Drew Harwell
    @drewharwell
    · 9h
    New: Ukraine has run more than 8,600 facial recognition searches on dead or captured Russians in the 50 days since the war began, using the scans to find the soldiers' social media profiles - and send photos of their corpses to their families back home https://wapo.st/3KHnkxE
    8600 casualties seems to be Ukrainian propaganda

    sepheronx, flamming_python, d_taddei2 and Broski like this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 12044
    Points : 12171
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  JohninMK Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:34 am

    limb wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Nasty but to be expected.

    Drew Harwell
    @drewharwell
    · 9h
    New: Ukraine has run more than 8,600 facial recognition searches on dead or captured Russians in the 50 days since the war began, using the scans to find the soldiers' social media profiles - and send photos of their corpses to their families back home https://wapo.st/3KHnkxE
    8600 casualties seems to be Ukrainian propaganda

    I took it as multiple searches per person.

    flamming_python likes this post

    ludovicense
    ludovicense


    Posts : 203
    Points : 205
    Join date : 2017-09-26
    Age : 55
    Location : Brasil

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  ludovicense Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:44 am

    limb wrote:How many more weeks till the Russians go on the offensive again?

    They are not organizing the truth into fewer errors like those at the beginning of the campaign. Be curious to know how many fighters defended Mariupol. For if it's 12,000 as estimated, deducting prisoners of war, there really was an extermination on a large scale.

    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 12 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:33 pm