Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
SolidarityWithRussia
littlerabbit
klahtinen
TMA1
andalusia
PhSt
pavi
George1
Big_Gazza
Rodion_Romanovic
0nillie0
jhelb
Werewolf
lancelot
Scorpius
zorobabel
Erk
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
Ispan
mnztr
franco
Pacense
ArgentinaGuard
GarryB
nomadski
Kiko
Hinex1988
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
sepheronx
ucmvulcan
Odin of Ossetia
limb
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
magnumcromagnon
billybatts91
ludovicense
Broski
par far
Podlodka77
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
flamming_python
Azi
Hannibal Barca
mr_hd
psg
Mir
Singular_Transform
Sujoy
Firebird
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
ALAMO
VARGR198
Belisarius
RTN
Hole
Stealthflanker
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
Arrow
lyle6
Dr.Snufflebug
Walther von Oldenburg
Airbornewolf
Serberus
Regular
mavaff
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:07 pm

sepheronx, GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:09 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 17 Img_2052

3 4 5 6 are disasters

Kiev is a lost cause.
    I am not an optimist about the assimilation of many parts of Ukraine, for example the Chernihiv and Sumy regions, and we see that Ukrainians are being arrested en masse in Crimea as well, who have been dormant for 8 years and now they want to hurt Russia with sabotage.
    It has been 100 years since Lenin gave everything from Kharkov to Odessa and we see that there are a lot of Ukrainians (half of them were actually Russians in the past) who do not want to live with Russia, with Russia, under Russia or whatever. The biggest culprit for that is Lenin's stench. I would throw his remains in the Moscow sewer.
    Kiev as the capital is certainly even more dramatic on that issue.
    My personal opinion is that everything from Kharkov to Odessa should be separated from Ukraine, but those parts should not be annexed to Russia, but a new Novorussia or whatever. Only Donetsk and Lugansk are ready to join Russia, while in other regions there are many fascists and Russia does not need them under its umbrella.

I guess you are right, but we saw in bucha pro Russians massacred, so I don't think Kiev was as anti Russian as you suggest, although the VSU there was fighting tooth and nail

Either way, just because they are anti Russian does not mean we should have left those territories

The Japanese and germans were anti American

So why should Kiev be abandoned?

Say what you like about Iraq, Iran did take over, but without Iran the Americans would have left their protectorate intact

In Ukraine it should have been the same , install our protectorate there and reformat the state

If Lenin did it, so can Putin but it takes will

Which is what the Kremlin is lacking and why other scenarios are discussed at all
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:17 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 17 Img_2052

3 4 5 6 are disasters

Kiev is a lost cause.
    I am not an optimist about the assimilation of many parts of Ukraine, for example the Chernihiv and Sumy regions, and we see that Ukrainians are being arrested en masse in Crimea as well, who have been dormant for 8 years and now they want to hurt Russia with sabotage.
    It has been 100 years since Lenin gave everything from Kharkov to Odessa and we see that there are a lot of Ukrainians (half of them were actually Russians in the past) who do not want to live with Russia, with Russia, under Russia or whatever. The biggest culprit for that is Lenin's stench. I would throw his remains in the Moscow sewer.
    My personal opinion is that everything from Kharkov to Odessa should be separated from Ukraine, but those parts should not be annexed to Russia, but a new Novorussia or whatever. Only Donetsk and Lugansk are ready to join Russia, while in other regions there are many fascists and Russia does not need them under its umbrella.

Russia really has to take the whole thing. If they don't there will be all kinds of mini civil wars breaking out. Essentially they need to take the whole thing. Define the final partition, allow people to relocate. Have Russian oversight for a period of time, then depart the Western side and annex the eastern side.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic, lyle6, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:20 pm

100% agreed mnztr

Russia can and should take it all

If Russia cannot build states, it will collapse , simple as that and the reality of Russia since beginning

Firebird and Big_Gazza like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:28 pm

mnztr wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

3 4 5 6 are disasters

Kiev is a lost cause.

Russia really has to take the whole thing. If they don't there will be all kinds of mini civil wars breaking out. Essentially they need to take the whole thing. Define the final partition, allow people to relocate. Have Russian oversight for a period of time, then depart the Western side and annex the eastern side.

Russia should put the entire territory of Ukraine within its security zone, and that is all. I would also be satisfied with Russian military bases from Lviv to Kharkov. Should these and such Ukrainian fascists infiltrate Russia in the future, if Russia would already take over the whole of Ukraine? No ! I'm sorry but that's my opinion. The Russians and the Ukrainians have obviously split. I do not doubt the Russian victory, because there is no talk about it or my doubts, but it is about the fact that I think that neither Kherson, nor Kharkov, Zaporozhye, etc., should become part of the Russian Federation. Novorussia or something like that, YES, but not as part of the RF.

Werewolf and magnumcromagnon like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:32 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:

Russia should put the entire territory of Ukraine within its security zone, and that is all. I would also be satisfied with Russian military bases from Lviv to Kharkov. Should these and such Ukrainian fascists infiltrate Russia in the future, if Russia would already take over the whole of Ukraine? No ! I'm sorry but that's my opinion. The Russians and the Ukrainians have obviously split. I do not doubt the Russian victory, because there is no talk about it or my doubts, but it is about the fact that I think that neither Kherson, nor Kharkov, Zaporozhye, etc., should become part of the Russian Federation. Novorussia or something like that, YES, but not as part of the RF.

Yes at least for a certain number of years (maybe 5 for some regions, maybe 10/15 years for others, then eventually if the population agrees it can be proposed a referendum to join the Russian Federation.

Other regions, to be kept as a protectorate (defeated state with limited sovereignty).

No parts has to be allowed to join other economic or military alliances (unless RF plan to put some parts of northwestern Ucraine as a Trojan horse in the European Union or in Poland).

magnumcromagnon and Hole like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:53 pm

So Ukrainians received 100 switchblade suicide drones. 10 drones per each system (basically, a mortar and controller)

It seems US wants to test new gadgets. It will be useless against tanks at least.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:03 am

Not a shot that you will ever see on the MSM. The press vultures at feeding time. Note the cat getting the attention.

Propaganda on an industrial scale. This is costing a great deal of money.

Roger Gründler
    @Havanaclublover
    ·
    24m
    Wie viele Forensiker könnt ihr auf dem Bild erkennen?

How many forensic scientists can you see in the picture?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 17 FPsQGSLXsAAM0jm?format=jpg&name=medium

Last edited by JohninMK on Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, kvs, LMFS, Hole and Mir like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:10 am

Interesting take on what next but bear in mind that it is VT

The UK and allies also promised to supply more heavy weapons, long-range artillery, ammunition and air defence systems. Arms were sent to Ukraine by Germany, Sweden, Denmark and other countries.

Amid this backdrop, European Commission and the German leadership has announced an extension of anti-Russian sanctions. The decision was made following reports from Kiev about an alleged massacre in the town of Bucha. Any international investigation of the events in the Kiev region is yet to be launched.

Sanctions are expected to be imposed in the following areas:

A ban on imports of coal from Russia.
    A ban on exports to Russia of semiconductors, computers, technology for LNG gas, and other electrical and transport equipment.
    Bans on importing wood, cement, rubber and chemicals from Russia
    Russian vessels and trucks would be prevented from accessing the EU with
    A ban on Russian companies participating in public procurement in EU member states.
    A ban on all transactions with VTB and three other Russian banks which have already been excluded from the SWIFT system

Formally, the sanctions are aimed at reducing trade between the EU and Russia.

However, an analysis of the substance of the sanctions indicates that they are not aimed at Russia but rather at the people of the European Union. A ban on coal imports, combined with a shrinking market for machinery, equipment and high-tech goods, will inevitably lead to a reduction in production in EU countries and, consequently, to jobs cut, along with a rise of inflation.

These consequences are inevitable even if Russia does not impose retaliatory sanctions.

If the sanctions war continues to unfold at this rate, it will have catastrophic consequences for EU citizens, up to food shortages. Living standards and disposable income in the EU have already fallen significantly since the Corona crisis broke out.

A question arises, why the European bureaucracy continues actions that will predictably worsen the economic and social situation in the region in the very near future. It seems that the aim is to put EU populations in a desperate situation, where the only way out is an aggressive war for Russian resources, i.e. another “Crusade to the East “. How a big war will be justified publicly is already evident from the current anti-Russian hysteria, fuelled in every possible way by the Brussels bureaucracy and the MSM.

All the EU’s problems will be blamed on Russians, who have inadvertently been given such rich territory and do not share European liberal values. The U.S. and the British Commonwealth will watch with enthusiasm for the great European butchery, which is, in all likelihood, inevitable.

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2022/04/06/672821/

GarryB, Arrow, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:16 am

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

Yes at least for a certain number of years (maybe 5 for some regions, maybe 10/15 years for others, then eventually if the population agrees it can be proposed a referendum to join the Russian Federation.

Other regions, to be kept as a protectorate (defeated state with limited sovereignty).

No parts has to be allowed to join other economic or military alliances (unless RF plan to put some parts of northwestern Ucraine as a Trojan horse in the European Union or in Poland).

Something like that but NEVER ever as part of RF !
    Do you want these butchers and murderers to suddenly come under the auspices of Russia? I doubt it.
    Let them be a Russian satellite, but the Russian Federation does not need a "Ukrainian" burden. They dont deserve russian passport. 5 or 10 years is not enough, it takes much more time.

I have never had a high opinion of the so-called "Ukrainians", now I have even less. They were under the Russian Orthodox Church for hundreds of years and then they invented their own.  The seeds of evil were sown during Lenin's time, and there will always be someone to initiate anti-Russian policy. That is the biggest problem, because they want to emphasize their differences in relation to Russia through the church. They started with that and few decades later all this happened. Ukraine needs to be defeated militarily to the end. Only then can we talk about denazification, which is a much longer process than demilitarization.
    I'm just expressing my opinion and nothing more.

Broski likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:22 am

It does seem likely,

With bucha propaganda,  that Europe will destroy itself to start a war

Well they have committed suicide twice before, third time is a charm

What I do not understand is the slow movement of Russian forces and if analysts expect a larger war with Europe

Why are civilians and VSU casualties continuing to be a concern

How can there be any pretense of negotiations with this nazi regime ?

Yes Russians have begun to accept a long war, but why is that the only option? Why not just end this quickly which Russia can do

What is the attrition for? Cui Bono?

A fast war would benefit Russia and would allow Russia to develop a posture against NATO

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:28 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:It does seem likely,

With bucha propaganda,  that Europe will destroy itself to start a war

Well they have committed suicide twice before, third time is a charm

What I do not understand is the slow movement of Russian forces and if analysts expect a larger war with Europe

Why are civilians and VSU casualties continuing to be a concern

How can there be any pretense of negotiations with this nazi regime ?

Yes Russians have begun to accept a long war, but why? Why not just end this quickly which Russia can do

What is the attrition for? Cui Bono?

Because neither you nor I understand high politics.
    Because neither you nor I know how or what statesmen talk behind closed doors.
    Because neither you nor I are generals to know the best way to achieve a military goal.
    Because we do not know whether the NAZI-NATO pact will decide to go to war with Russia, and then we must preserve the best we have.
    Because neither you nor I know what the plans of the Russian state leadership are and what they are like.

sepheronx, franco, flamming_python, Werewolf, Regular, magnumcromagnon, par far and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:38 am

owais.usmani wrote:So now when almost every Nazi in Mariupol is confined to Azovstal plant, what is stopping Russia from sending a dozen Tu-22 and Su-34 and carpet bomb that whole place?

Because Azovstal is highly valuable infrastructure, and Donbass will need its largest steel plant once it is free and independent. Do you seriously need to ask?  Suspect

Also one thing I am confused about, reports say the last two helicopters shot down came from the sea side. How is that possible? Isn't the sea of Azov totally under Russian control now?

Given that every attempt seems to have been a failure, I'd say it isn't actually possible, and I conclude that the Azov sea does indeed seem to be a Russian lake. russia

sepheronx, magnumcromagnon, par far, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:44 am

JohninMK wrote:Not a shot that you will ever see on the MSM. The press vultures at feeding time. Note the cat getting the attention.

Propaganda on an industrial scale. This is costing a great deal of money.

Roger Gründler
    @Havanaclublover
    ·
    24m
    Wie viele Forensiker könnt ihr auf dem Bild erkennen?

How many forensic scientists can you see in the picture?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 17 FPsQGSLXsAAM0jm?format=jpg&name=small

That's the exemple of how useless some people are. They know they have no value so they take a job where you need no skills but with the advantage of being able to travel and have a good life. Thry follow the twitter/instagram trends and adapt line parasits to be able to be the "first" to post what they think people want to see.

I'm pretty sure 99% of those assholes there were in the USA trying to get an interview from Will Smith after he punched the other guy at the Oscar.

The west produces lot of such dickheads. They go to the university to get a diploma about a totally useless field and get bullshit job ending on Linkedin and twitter writting stupid posts following the mainstream propaganda generally delivered by dickheads like Elon Musk or BHL.

There place is at garbage. The sooner a revolution to bring family and usefull work in socities the better it will be and we will get ride of this scum.

sepheronx, GarryB, xeno, magnumcromagnon, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:50 am

hmm and i see some OSINT reporter sharing news on Ukrainian advance toward Kherson. I'm curious tho about Russian defense plan there. at least one of the osint account claimed Russia will retreat behind Dniepr river to gain more defensible position.

In my view tho such cannot be the case as Russia are setting new administration in Kherson. Should Ukraine take Kherson, there would be more Bucha and perhaps even more severe.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:10 am

Stealthflanker wrote:hmm and i see some OSINT reporter sharing news on Ukrainian advance toward Kherson.  I'm curious tho about Russian defense plan there. at least one of the osint account claimed Russia will retreat behind Dniepr river to gain more defensible position.

In my view tho such cannot be the case as Russia are setting new administration in Kherson.  Should Ukraine take Kherson, there would be more Bucha and perhaps even more severe.

They've been bringing up their brigades from Odessa it seems.

But Russia is only advancing in the area, albeit slowly, as it waits for Ukrainian attacks and then repels them

They recently took the town Snegirovka in the Nikolayev region, with a population of 12k, where they confiscated a whole cache of weapons left by the Ukrainian army for the locals

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, Mir, Broski and Autodestruct like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:20 am

Well I guess your right podlodka

At least Ukraine is a nice fight before the title fight

Russian military got shit ton of experience in a high intensity conflict

And we will be able to beat USA and NATO in the title round

USA and NATO stood back when our analysts assumed in 2014 that they would impose a no fly zone and defend Ukraine

I guess it showed they are a paper tiger only

Ukraine is better armed than Turkey, UK, USA, and France so it is good

I just wish we had scorned Ukraine more

Well OIF is child's play compared to Z day

Especially considering Russia did not aid saddam

In retrospect if we did we would have gave the Americans 3 to 4x casualties but from now on let's give it to them in Argentina and wherever the Americans go

Kill em all a la yavoriv

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:20 am

Milinfolive wrote:https://vk.com/milinfolive?w=wall-123538639_2394413

" russia ❗Handicraft armoring with improvised materials of wheeled vehicles of the RF Armed Forces in the hope of increasing protection."

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 17 Image13

Not the first time we are seeing trucks with wooden armor.

Russia needs more of these bad boys Ural-63704-0010

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 17 Image34
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:23 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Well I guess your right podlodka

USA and NATO stood back when our analysts assumed in 2014 that they would impose a no fly zone and defend Ukraine

Think realistically, where would you beat USA? On Russian territory maybe. Not with the current size of the Russian military and population, a non-nuclear war would be a demographic catastrophe as well. Russia needs more births, more population, more workers, better productivity and to become more self-reliant. Better fight against the hegemony of US dollar and build Asian orientated economy, so much better things to do than fight one war after another, no?

No one from NATO wants mutual destruction.

Podlodka77 likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:32 am

Regular wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Well I guess your right podlodka

Think realistically, where would you beat USA? On Russian territory maybe. Not with the current size of the Russian military and population, a non-nuclear war would be a demographic catastrophe as well. Better fight against the hegemony of US dollar and build Asian orientated economy, so much better things to do than fight one war after another, no?

Well there is much to learn , for our military

But the Americans could not hold bagram and the taliban are no VSU

And in Syria as well they held al tanf but got squeezed from raqqah even with the YPJ

Ukraine looks more and more like an army training ground

I would rather finish it quick, but if Syria is anything to go by the MOD will stay there for 10+ years

Syria goes for 7 , 8 years now

So Russian staying power is also something to be seen and understood

The politicians fail at state building

But the military does its job with longevity

We can stay in places where the Americans cannot

And maintain a larger presence in a warzone then them

Our army is on the March, there's is stateside studying us

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:32 am

Podlodka77 wrote:

3 4 5 6 are disasters

Kiev is a lost cause.

Exactly. The problem with Lenin and the left communists is that they do not understand races and nations. Communism is an artifice. Stalin understood it well because he was dedicated to that subject in the USSR.
    The man must be with his own, not with others.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:42 am

I think, cynically, the leadership thinks of Ukraine as Syria

I don't think there is a state building program

I don't think quite frankly they give a shit about state governance or even administrative services

I know everyone here is moralist and sees it from the point of view that Russia is "better" than the west

Personally I don't think it has anything to do with such am immature perspective of good/bad

Yes there can be rationalization for Russian military interventions in Syria and Ukraine

But from what I understand,  even in Syria , it's not so much about state building,  it was simple, leave Assad , no state building , no economic structuring

Let Assad figure it out

In Ukraine , it seems the same,  leave zelensky and the EU pay for Ukraine, which they do

Our military will dominate the ground, and keep the US and NATO out

It's a cost benefit equation

The US and EU will help zelensky maintain the state, we do not worry about it

But militarily, NATO will not be present in Ukraine

Leave the leadership and let there be semblance of governance

But no NATO

Yes we will be in Ukraine for 10, 15 years

But it costs less feeding them

The Kremlin Performs a sort of jeet kun do

Minimum effort, and address the issues as they come

As flaming said, adaptability, like water

Russia doesn't bet on anything although there's loud statements about China , but we keep dealing with the EU

It's a low effort which achieves its main goal

In such a case

- keep assad
    - no nato in Ukraine
    - sell gas to EU , in rubles, only because it became a problem

- deal with the world as it comes, but we do not shape the world , rather mulipolarity shapes the world we address it as the stages are set

- no maximalist goals , just easy to achieve goals which are desired and achievable with low cost and basic reward

- no delusion of grandeur
    ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:51 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:I think, cynically, the leadership thinks of Ukraine as Syria

I don't think there is a state building program

I don't think quite frankly they give a shit about state governance or even administrative services

I know everyone here is moralist and sees it from the point of view that Russia is "better" than the west

Personally I don't think it has anything to do with such am immature perspective of good/bad

Yes there can be rationalization for Russian military interventions in Syria and Ukraine

But from what I understand,  even in Syria , it's not so much about state building,  it was simple, leave Assad , no state building , no economic structuring

Let Assad figure it out

In Ukraine , it seems the same,  leave zelensky and the EU pay for Ukraine, which they do

Our military will dominate the ground, and keep the US and NATO out

It's a cost benefit equation

The US and EU will help zelensky maintain the state, we do not worry about it

But militarily, NATO will not be present in Ukraine

Leave the leadership and let there be semblance of governance

But no NATO

Yes we will be in Ukraine for 10, 15 years

But it costs less feeding them

The Kremlin Performs a sort of jeet kun do

Minimum effort, and address the issues as they come

As flaming said, adaptability, like water

Russia doesn't bet on anything although there's loud statements about China , but we keep dealing with the EU

It's a low effort which achieves its main goal

In such a case

- keep assad
    - no nato in Ukraine
    - sell gas to EU , in rubles, only because it became a problem

- deal with the world as it comes, but we do not shape the world , rather mulipolarity shapes the world we address it as the stages are set

- no maximalist goals , just easy to achieve goals which are desired and achievable with low cost and basic reward

- no delusion of grandeur

They are different situations.
    The Syrians are an anti-Western and anti-Jewish people. They knew their enemy very well and supported their government against US-funded terrorism.
    Western Ukrainians are bastards who deserve to disappear.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and Hole like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:54 am

Podlodka77 wrote:

3 4 5 6 are disasters

Kiev is a lost cause.

Although in a perfect scenario Russian takes control on the whole of Ukraine although NOT incorporated into Russia. But realistically before it got to that point Ukraine will have struck a deal and the west run away saying that they won somehow.

I can't see Russia giving up Kherson all the way up to Kharkiv. And Odessa will also be taken. Kherson was quite important giving a water supply to Crimea which was greatly needed and saved Crimea from expensive desalination plants. Kharkiv all the way down to Kherson creates a nice buffer and encompasses the Russian speakers as well as giving the best industries Ukraine has. Perfect for start for a new Novorussia federation. Odessa completes this making rest of Ukraine landlocked, another key port, and link up to Transnistria and Gagauzia. And giving Putin the option or bargaining chip of Moldova with west tries to play any dirty tricks. Dnipropetrovsk Oblast would be another good region to take as this also has good industries for the taking and adds to the buffer. Any other regions taken would be a bonus.

This would give a new Novorussia plenty of key industries as well as large agricultural industries and sea ports to become a successful country/federation. While the rest of Ukraine pretty much becomes nothing more than a agricultural industry with nothing else and having to have EU, UK and USA constantly be bailing them out with loans a nice drain on their coffers. And although the new country will need investment and I am sure, between Russia,China, Iran, and some middle Eastern countries it will be sorted within 10yrs. I wouldn't be surprised if Turkey ended up in the mix..and some western companies even doing some trade. Within 5yrs Europe and UK will be back trading fully it will be gradual but it will happen. However I would stress apart from Crimea which has already happened no other part of Ukraine will be taken under direct Russian federation. I would suggest though after the war that south Ossetia, Abkhazia, are fully incorporated into Russia federation, as for Transnistria and Gagauzia they can either become part of the new Novorussia federation or become under Russian federation something similar to enclave like Kaliningrad. I feel that the latter would most likely be the case as Transnistria has been longing for Russian integration.

Hole likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:33 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:

Well there is much to learn , for our military

No offense, but I think your military learned and perfected ways how to fight a different war and were told to FORGET IT.

Combined armored operations, massive artillery deployment, maneuvers, taking over of key points, destruction of enemy formations. All in a swift and decisive manner in a span of weeks, not months.

Just like in Vostok exercises. This would work against any military - NATO, Ukraine, Vatican.

Hell, look at this video, even exercises had bigger engagements than what is happening in Ukraine.

All the talk about civilian casualties and saving infrastructure is political mumbo jumbo in the end as long conflicts accumulate damage just as well as short ones.

But the Americans could not hold bagram and the taliban are no VSU

With the skeleton crew and 0 political will, no. But VSU is also not Americans and hold every little city they can.

Ukraine looks more and more like an army training ground

Excuse me, but training in what? What not to do? I still believe the Russian military knows 2+2. What is there to learn exactly? That more troops are needed? How to use single pieces of artillery instead because civilians might be caught in the crossfire?

I have not seen anything like that during exercises, it makes no sense to learn on the go.

I would rather finish it quick, but if Syria is anything to go by the MOD will stay there for 10+ years

Same. But 10 years? Who would be the victor of this? Definitely not Russia or Ukraine.

About the time of this operation, I think it's limited, and correct me if I am wrong. Russian army has how many contract soldiers? 400k or so? 190k or so are deployed, who will rotate them? If the Syrian example is to be followed, then Russians rotated their crew very often. There was no fatigue or exhaustion like in Afghanistan. Acclimatisation then 3+- months for some specialists. Even better than ISAF deployments.

So Russian staying power is also something to be seen and understood

Not with the current troop size, hence why the Northern front was abandoned.

The politicians fail at state building

I think there are more things that politicians are failing. Can't comment now and I hope I am wrong, but I think overoptimism and unrealistic plans were in play. It doesn't mean the military can't solve the problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

But the military does its job with longevity

Most of the time, yes. A military is just a tool in the end and they are bound to political decisions. Sorry for my Russian, but my father used to say to me - Приказ должен выполняться, а не обсуждаться.

We can stay in places where the Americans cannot
    To be honest, I don't give a fck what Americans can or can't. They can put a 12-inch dildo up their ass, but it doesn't mean anyone else needs to compete. I am not sure if their failures can be used as a benchmark.

And maintain a larger presence in a warzone then them

Again, not the case in any conflict Americans faced. For example, Gulf war- US and allies had more than 1 million troops against 500k or so Iraqis. Later wars followed a similar fashion. Their presence was enormous and numbers alone dominated the battlefield. Insurgency picked up only when majority of troops started to be pulled back, but that's another phase of conflict and Russia in fact knows much better how to deal with this.

What I am saying, that Russian needs to launch offensive soon and fight how Russian army fights. I am not sure what is going in the background, but if the North was abandoned, then military is being listened to. Military wants to vyebat VSU in weeks, not in 10+ years and I think this is where it's going. I am talking about JTO concentrations.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:54 pm