Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Scorpius
auslander
adder
sundoesntrise
franco
Eugenio Argentina
Atmosphere
pavi
dino00
lyle6
billybatts91
wilhelm
Singular_Transform
Arrow
higurashihougi
mnrck
ahmedfire
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
ScotchedEarth
Ispan
nero
The Ottoman
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Azi
limb
Werewolf
rigoletto
mack8
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
GarryB
teh_beard
Yugo90
Erk
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
SolidarityWithRussia
bitcointrader70
AlfaT8
Broski
LMFS
Kriva
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
thegopnik
Hole
Regular
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
medo
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Mir
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Urluber
Rasisuki Nebia
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
nomadski
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
George1
miketheterrible
flamming_python
par far
kvs
Isos
Karl Haushofer
EkErilaz
Arkanghelsk
Backman
d_taddei2
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

lyle6
    lyle6

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  lyle6 Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:54 pm

Sujoy wrote:Ukraine complains that German weapons delivered last week were rusty and non-usable.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/russia-ukraine-crisis/german-anti-aircraft-missiles-offered-to-ukraine-not-usable-report/2524178

Should have given them WW2 vintage stuff, that would get them creaming their jeans in ecstasy. Twisted Evil

GarryB, Sujoy, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, VARGR198, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 35 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  Isos Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:58 pm

Life goal is to find someone that loves you the same way as russians love their kalibr.

They have tens other missile/bomb system with shorter range and less expensive yet they use the kalibr.

Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, miketheterrible, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:06 pm

With strikes on Vinnystia and Irpin

As well as Havryshovka , it's clear the operation shifts west

More and more of Ukraine will fall

It seems with these strikes, the Kremlin increases bombardment,  every other day

1 day they allow Ukraine ceasefire,  regain their posture and composure and not much movement

The next day Russia is destroying airfields, airports, and more of the 404 army.

Personally I'd like to see that bombardment everyday without pause

But its nice to see that these strikes are going through

If we complete the cycle weve been seeing, talks with Ukraine are coming tomorrow or the day after

Maybe ceasefire for 1 day or longer, pause, rinse and repeat

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yugo90 likes this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:07 pm

Apparently, Israel wants to participate in negotiations to end the military operation.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1500424300486086657

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:21 pm

Hole wrote:
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 35 Ukr_ra12
    Ukro base in Kherson

What are the circular discs, back left in the photo?
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:23 pm

Gentlemen, couple or so days ago there was a vid of Red Cross boxes in what looks like a bunker, boxes full of US cash. I can't find it here but it sticks in my mind it was here. Does anyone have or know of this vid? Reason is a long time friend is PO'd at me for not donating through him to Red Cross. Having witnessed Red Cross in action, I won't give them a plug nickel. I'm trying to find the vid to send it to him without any links as to source. Any help is appreciated.

Auslander

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, miketheterrible and LMFS like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:24 pm

Serberus wrote:Wait, are the Russians sending home the Ukranian POW’s before the fighting is done, from the wording in some of these reports it seems that is whats implied?

That is correct. They are disarmed, debadged, sign a document saying the will not take up arms and they are free to go.

I assume the penalties in the document are very severe.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:27 pm

auslander wrote:Gentlemen, couple or so days ago there was a vid of Red Cross boxes in what looks like a bunker, boxes full of US cash. I can't find it here but it sticks in my mind it was here. Does anyone have or know of this vid? Reason is a long time friend is PO'd at me for not donating through him to Red Cross. Having witnessed Red Cross in action, I won't give them a plug nickel. I'm trying to find the vid to send it to him without any links as to source. Any help is appreciated.

Auslander

It was definitely here, I saw it too. It was a huge amount of cash but unfortunately the filmer didn't go close in enough the determine the value of the notes or the 'address' label on the outside. Pity.

Now spoils of war.
    Azi

Post  Azi Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:28 pm

auslander wrote:Gentlemen, couple or so days ago there was a vid of Red Cross boxes in what looks like a bunker, boxes full of US cash. I can't find it here but it sticks in my mind it was here. Does anyone have or know of this vid? Reason is a long time friend is PO'd at me for not donating through him to Red Cross. Having witnessed Red Cross in action, I won't give them a plug nickel. I'm trying to find the vid to send it to him without any links as to source. Any help is appreciated.

Auslander
    It was from Syria...4 years or so ago. In a a short scene you can see arabic language on one of these boxes. I think it was from IS....but I'm not 100 % sure.

Search for "IS red cross boxes money" on YouTube!

Last edited by Azi on Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:29 pm

Auslander

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, VARGR198, miketheterrible, LMFS and like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:32 pm

Isos wrote:Life goal is to find someone that loves you the same way as russians love their kalibr.

They have tens other missile/bomb system with shorter range and less expensive yet they use the kalibr.

Yes.
    The accuracy seems to be pinpoint. Judging by the piles of smoke rising from Vinnitsa they hit exactly what was targeted, be it fuel stocks, ammo depot or remains of Kievan air force.

https://t.me/intelslava/21667

Boohoo, where is the nofly zone Laughing

Last edited by Urluber on Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:41 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    auslander wrote:Gentlemen, couple or so days ago there was a vid of Red Cross boxes in what looks like a bunker, boxes full of US cash. I can't find it here but it sticks in my mind it was here. Does anyone have or know of this vid? Reason is a long time friend is PO'd at me for not donating through him to Red Cross. Having witnessed Red Cross in action, I won't give them a plug nickel. I'm trying to find the vid to send it to him without any links as to source. Any help is appreciated. Auslander

Many thanks, James, that's the one!

Auslander

GarryB and d_taddei2 like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:49 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 35 VeNR0Wj

Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, teh_beard and like this post

par far

Post  par far Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:49 pm

That is a lot of ammo, how much of it is useful because traps is another question.

LMFS likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:57 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 35 Ukr_ra12
    Ukro base in Kherson

What are the circular discs, back left in the photo?

You mean this tube?
    It is a prefabricated warehouse. A steel, ribbed tube that should be covered with concrete and earth, but ... seems that both found a better use. A dachas nearby, perhaps Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef7VATrCga4&ab_channel=RT

You can have some closer look here.

Sujoy, magnumcromagnon, JohninMK, Hole, Yugo90 and Arkanghelsk like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:05 pm

Vann7 wrote:Didn't the russian military command found any better ways to disperse crowds?  can't they use  
    use just tear gas , like police use?  or how about sound grenades?  or even energy based crowd control weapons . This is why im not sure about capturing kiev at all , because it offers no strategic
    importance.

The real big challenge for Russia military will not be defeating the ukraine army.. but instead how to control the population. This is something that is going to cost a lot of money and civilians with knives
    or molotov covktails can cause lots of problems and casualties in the russian military.
    The Russian government needs to talk to the Chinese. Remember when Guaido tried to stage a mass revolt in Caracas, Venezuela and failed utterly? Venezuelan riot police was drilled and equipped by the Chinese.

Give the equipment to the MVD and train their troops to use it.

ArgentinaGuard wrote:the military operation in this area was launched at full power, not to mention a simultaneous offensive in five directions, air strikes against the military infrastructure throughout Ukraine, the siege of several cities and the siege of Kiev, the Ukrainian troops They have managed to resist badly than well. Therefore, military action in Donbass has been much slower and more difficult than in other places where greater military successes were achieved. On the eastern front not only the DPR and RPL militias are fighting but also the Russian armed forces that now completely control the airspace. However, this has not been enough to achieve immediate victory.
    I think Dugin is wrong. The LPR and DPR are mostly expected to hold the Ukrainian military in place. At the same time those Ukrainian troops are getting encircled with the connection at Mariupol and to the West. So far they are leaving them an escape route towards Dnipro. When they close the trap they will move on to the elimination of those Ukrainian troops still inside the pocket with mass artillery.

Yugo90, bitch_killer and Arkanghelsk like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:10 pm

https://t.me/togarma301/5059

It looks like some civilians are in the process of evacuating from Mariupol. Maybe the Syrian type humanitarian
    corridors approach will work. Let's hope so.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander, LMFS, lancelot, Yugo90, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:20 pm

Auslander

Here you go buddy:
    P.S its also under "march 5" under my archive.

It is from Afghanistan 2018, but still.... comes down you can not trust the west and the red cross.
    Edit 2: there are multiple traces now, takes some time to figure out the source.
    Final edit: Yeah this vid is not coming from Ukraine, it jumps from Afghanistan back to some story in Ghana.

Sorry Auslander, if there is another vid with cash in bunkers. i dont have it.

Last edited by Airbornewolf on Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, auslander, miketheterrible, Yugo90 and Arkanghelsk like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:23 pm

Bit of reluctance here but posted to show just what the RuAF is up against with all the MANPADs now in Ukraine. Its from the Sunday Mail, I've chosen not to link the video.

Helicopters are always easiest to hear when they fly towards you. Even flying at treetop height it is difficult to defend against this type of shot when the missile is partially shielded by the trees. If the Mi-24 had been lower would the MANPAD have smashed its way through the trees?

It maybe better to fly higher to give the defence systems more time to react.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 35 54996433-10581949-image-a-13_1646523309122

d_taddei2 likes this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:43 pm

Isos wrote:Life goal is to find someone that loves you the same way as russians love their kalibr.

Notice the absolute vertical dive of the Kalibr. Impossible for any CIWS to intercept it. Ukraine will need to fire at least 3-4 BUK missiles from various angles in order to have any chance of intercepting it.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:45 pm

Urluber wrote:

Yes.
    The accuracy seems to be pinpoint. Judging by the piles of smoke rising from Vinnitsa they hit exactly what was targeted, be it fuel stocks, ammo depot or remains of Kievan air force.

https://t.me/intelslava/21667

Boohoo, where is the nofly zone  Laughing
    https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1500458584991318018

The Ukr bitch in the video is cursing at Russians in language one would expect if women and children died. These
    same slime then joke about "separs in tomato sauce" and "separs in olive oil" when their goons slaughter civilians
    in the Donbass.

These f*ckers need to be punished. Russia should mow and mulch western Ukria. Let them live in a burnt out toilet
    and make themselves "great" again.

Dima, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole, Yugo90, Mir, Broski and like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:51 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:Here you go buddy:P.S its also under "march 5" under my archive.

It is from Afghanistan 2018, but still.... comes down you can not trust the west and the red cross.
    Edit 2: there are multiple traces now, takes some time to figure out the source.

Beaucoup thanks, my friend. I saw RC in central America many years ago and what I saw them do, well, not one false penny for them, ever. My friend has it now but no reaction yet, he's probably still at work. Should be of interest later tonight when he's home.

miketheterrible, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:52 pm

Arrow wrote:Apparently, Israel wants to participate in negotiations to end the military operation.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1500424300486086657

Zelensky sees himself as a jew before he sees himself as a Ukrainian as his past twitter post suggested. Israel has no country, its time that Russia starts arming their middle eastern neighbors next that maybe Zelensky will reach out for negotiations.

magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Yugo90, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:56 pm

JohninMK wrote:Bit of reluctance here but posted to show just what the RuAF is up against with all the MANPADs now in Ukraine. Its from the Sunday Mail, I've chosen not to link the video.

Helicopters are always easiest to hear when they fly towards you. Even flying at treetop height it is difficult to defend against this type of shot when the missile is partially shielded by the trees. If the Mi-24 had been lower would the MANPAD have smashed its way through the trees?

It maybe better to fly higher to give the defence systems more time to react.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 35 54996433-10581949-image-a-13_1646523309122

This doesn't smell right to me. Correct me if I am wrong but MANPADs are invariably IR guided, and without a radar they are only able to determine bearing and speed of the target heat source - they cannot directly measure range. Without knowing range one cannot compute an intercept trajectory, and an interception of a helo flying in a virtually perpendicular flight path to the missile wouldn't be possible. This missile however fly straight as a die as though its being guided to a pre-calculated intercept point. Suspect

Are modern IR seekers able to determine the angle subtended by the targets heat signature, and assuming a length typical of a helicopter, approximate the distance accordingly?

The POV is also unusual. Its clearly taken from an elevated position, and from the video the camera location appears to be stationary?

dunno

flamming_python, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs and Arkanghelsk like this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:11 pm

A laptop with intelligence and NATO markings found at the Right Sector’s headquarters

In the headquarters of the Right Sector a laptop with intelligence about Donbas and the
    Crimea and with NATO markings was found, said the head of the Donetsk people’s republic
    Denis Pushilin.

According to him, this is direct evidence that the alliance was helping nationalists in Ukraine.
    Pushilin said the Ukrainian military was planning to attack Crimea and Donbass on 8 March 2022.

https://en.news-front.info/2022/03/06/a-laptop-with-intelligence-and-nato-markings-found-at-the-right-sectors-headquarters/

Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, nomadski and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm