Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Scorpius
auslander
adder
sundoesntrise
franco
Eugenio Argentina
Atmosphere
pavi
dino00
lyle6
billybatts91
wilhelm
Singular_Transform
Arrow
higurashihougi
mnrck
ahmedfire
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
ScotchedEarth
Ispan
nero
The Ottoman
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Azi
limb
Werewolf
rigoletto
mack8
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
GarryB
teh_beard
Yugo90
Erk
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
SolidarityWithRussia
bitcointrader70
AlfaT8
Broski
LMFS
Kriva
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
thegopnik
Hole
Regular
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
medo
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Mir
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Urluber
Rasisuki Nebia
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
nomadski
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
George1
miketheterrible
flamming_python
par far
kvs
Isos
Karl Haushofer
EkErilaz
Arkanghelsk
Backman
d_taddei2
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

kvs
    kvs

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  kvs Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:34 am

Ukr TV is painting a total bubble of delusion for residents of Banderastan. It is claiming that convoys of humanitarian aid
    are being organized in Kiev and that Russia is blocking them. Not a even a single picture of an Ukr truck with aid. The
    only humanitarian aid is from Russia. Even NATzO is not organizing it through the border with Poland.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole, lancelot, Yugo90, Mir, Broski and Urluber like this post

bitcointrader70

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  bitcointrader70 Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:36 am

Hey Russians are pulling their head out of their ass now.

Look at that Tor protecting armored column. About time.

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/39410

Odin of Ossetia, Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E, SeigSoloyvov, Yugo90, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:37 am

It is mid of April 1945.
    Just ... walk by and watch, remembering history.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander, miketheterrible, Hole, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:39 am

Russia needs to deploy military police ASAP. In Kherson we have Banderite maggots coming out of the woodwork
    and terrorizing residents from accepting humanitarian aid. The force recon approach needs to be backed up with
    enforcement.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, lancelot, Yugo90, Mir and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:45 am

The NATzO fake stream has concocted a story that Zelensky is being hunted by Putin's mercenaries. Supposedly he
    looked in bad shape in his press conference because he experienced four attempts.

The NATzO media is on the same level as the Banderite media. Baghdad Bob was at least comical. NATzO propaganda
    is pure cringe.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Yugo90, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:47 am

kvs wrote:Ukr TV is painting a total bubble of delusion for residents of Banderastan.  It is claiming that convoys of humanitarian aid
    are being organized in Kiev and that Russia is blocking them.   Not a even a single picture of an Ukr truck with aid.   The
    only humanitarian aid is from Russia.   Even NATzO is not organizing it through the border with Poland.  

Who cares.  If we are to post about everything Ukraine lies about, that is all this thread would be, which it already is.

kvs wrote:Russia needs to deploy military police ASAP.   In Kherson we have Banderite maggots coming out of the woodwork
    and terrorizing residents from accepting humanitarian aid.    The force recon approach needs to be backed up with
    enforcement.

Well, actually, Russia declared that it has now moved onto a counter terrorism operation to clean up the cities.

d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza and Arkanghelsk like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:48 am

@ EkErilaz

Expensive Javelin ! Yes another weakness . I was thinking that decoy convoy could be set up . Consisting of empty vehicles , with no engine . Connected like train , only with a driver to steer , and lead vehicle pulling . Driver's cabin only armoured . Then just drive along Roads and absorb hits , ahead of real convoy . And trap the javelin nest with mobile hunters .

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:03 am

limb wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Isos wrote:3 confirmed su-25 downed and one mi-8 destroyed when it tried to rescue one of the pilots.

They clearly need more drones to hunt AD systems. It's not stingers but buk and Osa the main issue.

confirmed by who?  Can we get links?

There are pictures of them on twitter. You can easily find them. But it is russian ones for sure.

Buks are very effective.

You guys were assuring me that all Ukrainian AD systems other than man pads were suppressed or destroyed.

How many operational buks did Ukraine even have.

Why aren't they being jammed?

WE did never say that, some delusional over selous fan that only know war from video games might have said that.
    Those of us with military background understand that there are always hidden reserves, deceptive tactics, and that NOTHING in war is a sure thing.

And to all the equipment fanboys out there that know everything there is about you favorite system and going: REEEEEE why no use my favorite -insert favourit hardwhare- REEEEEEEE.
    Imagine this, maybe they are very rare!! Just because you saw them in a cool action video on youtube, or some video from the russian MOD using them in syria, or read a semi fake article on sputnik does not mean that every grunt in the russian army or not even every brigade have all the latest equipment. Or maybe it is just entered service and not enough operators are around, or maybe the doctrines for how to use them are still worked on. These processes takes many years.
    For god's sake I saw someone asking why they were using Armatas yet....
    The russian army is still winning, and the commanders that are commanding the units on the ground know better what they are doing then this whole forum combined. They have dedicated a career to doing what they do.
    Remember it is very easy to win a TV football match from the sofa. And that there are almost 200.000 people involved in the operation, in a country that is as large as Germany and Poland combined. Fighting the first real war with real armies with similar technology and training since the second world war (sorry falklands/malvinas I won't count you, you were to small)
    There will be hiccup's, or to use the military word for it, friction. It is the nature of any war.

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, zepia, miketheterrible, Hole and lancelot like this post

par far

Post  par far Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:05 am

What these assholes are doing is placing rocket launchers and allitery in residential areas, firing at the Russian military and hoping that the Russian military responds by shelling them back. So they can capture it on camera and show it to the west.

I am not a military person, so I don't know, how you would deal with this. But would sending special forces covertly and taking out the rocket launchers and allitery work?

I am pretty sure the Russian military knew this would happen(these assholes did it in Syria) and have plans for this.

d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, zepia, miketheterrible and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:19 am

Special forces? bro this isn't the movie spec ops would have a hard time getting into such a heavily defended city, and even if they take out one gun there are still way too many and will get overran by ukie forces.

If russia still wants to play that nice card. then their fools pure and simple and taking the city is impossible unless they do one of two things.

1. Attack the city with such a massively numerical superior force (this will cost much russians lives) to attack the city without the proper support)

or

2. Strave them out

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

GunshipDemocracy and Yugo90 like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:19 am

nomadski wrote:

@ EkErilaz

Expensive Javelin ! Yes another weakness . I was thinking that decoy convoy could be set up . Consisting of empty vehicles , with no engine . Connected like train , only with a driver to steer , and lead vehicle pulling . Driver's cabin only armoured . Then just drive along Roads and absorb hits , ahead of real convoy . And trap the javelin nest with mobile hunters .

Yes! It's possible.

You can put an old tank or another kind of vehicle in front of the tank and push the vehicles with your tank. Works only if the direction of the enemy is clear and in front of you. Problems are ambushes from side or behind generally.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:20 am

JohninMK wrote:Am I interpreting this correctly?

This is a commander and his comms guy (don't know military term) who in the past would have had a radio back pack and a whip aerial and now has a tablet and a couple of mobile phone like devices.

marqs
    @MarQs__
    ·
    39m
    Russian Forces in Volnovakha

SORRY, IGNORE THE FIRST VIDEO, DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THERE

Those small devices could be either small range radios or small interceptor devices. We used small ones like these for intercepting and short range jamming (2km) we also used small radios similar to these but this would be strapped to your left or right on Ur chest. So makes me think these are short range jamming or interceptors. The pad could me used for mapping. Another reason could be using different radios for different lines of Comms, one could be for medivac, armour or engineers, it saves you changing channels and stops clogging up on the channel,combat troops making Comms between themselves don't want the line being clogged up with medivac or engineer chat. Our captain would walk around with three radios of this size.

GarryB likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:20 am

par far wrote:

What these assholes are doing is placing rocket launchers and allitery in residential areas, firing at the Russian military and hoping that the Russian military responds by shelling them back. So they can capture it on camera and show it to the west.

I am not a military person, so I don't know, how you would deal with this. But would sending special forces covertly and taking out the rocket launchers and allitery work?

I am pretty sure the Russian military knew this would happen(these assholes did it in Syria) and have plans for this.

I am no military man myself but I am assuming it is a mixture between drones to capture the video as proof and then possibly dropping a bomb on them from the drone or a suicide drone, and special ops.

d_taddei2 and par far like this post

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:21 am

Seems that one of the pilots that were flying Su-25s died upon parachute landing. They posted pics on Telegram but I rly don't feel like sharing.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:23 am

limb wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    Isos wrote:3 confirmed su-25 downed and one mi-8 destroyed when it tried to rescue one of the pilots.

They clearly need more drones to hunt AD systems. It's not stingers but buk and Osa the main issue.

confirmed by who?  Can we get links?

There are pictures of them on twitter. You can easily find them. But it is russian ones for sure.

Buks are very effective.

You guys were assuring me that all Ukrainian AD systems other than man pads were suppressed or destroyed.

How many operational buks did Ukraine even have.

Why aren't they being jammed?

No one said that.

Buks have a central radar and 4-6 launchers with their own radars. So each one one of them can act on its own. Tactic used is, IMO, they wait for spoting an aircraft visually and turn on the launcher's radar and firing a missile when the target is very close. This way it is almost 100% sure to hit the aircraft.

Jamming doesn't work at such distances.

They spread the launchers and hide them in the woods or inside buildings or farms. They get out when they have confirmation that jets are around them.

It's a very survivable system and very nasty one for ambushes because it has radar on all vehicles, enough missiles to saturate one fighter and it's very mobile.

Without drones to take them out they will suffer even more losses.

Big_Gazza, Yugo90, Arkanghelsk and EkErilaz like this post

mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:24 am

I actually saw a post somewhere claiming that one of the Su-25 pilots was shot by the ukrs. Would we be surprised if that is true?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:25 am

mack8 wrote:I actually saw a post somewhere claiming that one of the Su-25 pilots was shot by the ukrs. Would we be surprised if that is true?

Possibly. Hence why Russians wont be taking anyone alive with these Azov fucks.

d_taddei2 and Big_Gazza like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:27 am

I saw one of the pic and it seems his parachute didn't really help at landing. His arm was broken. Very uggly to see but it seems it's the crash that killed him.

Last edited by Isos on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:27 am

mack8 wrote:I actually saw a post somewhere claiming that one of the Su-25 pilots was shot by the ukrs. Would we be surprised if that is true?

Not surprised. If true means both pilots are dead, as one I saw clearly died from impact.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:28 am

No and unless he was killed in the air nothing wrong with that.

Geneva convention states, attacking a pilot in the air who bailed is a crime but once their feet hit the ground they are fair game.

Paratroopers are an exception its not a warcrime to attack them while airborne.
    EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:29 am

Azi wrote:
    nomadski wrote:

@ EkErilaz

Yes! It's possible.

You can put an old tank or another kind of vehicle in front of the tank and push the vehicles with your tank. Works only if the direction of the enemy is clear and in front of you. Problems are ambushes from side or behind generally.

It is creative alright, but remember the enemy is watching you and his main purpose in life is to **** up all your ideas.
    Now imagine, that to deploy this decoy convoy you need to secure a perimeter, set up a cordon to work in. Now the security element gets in a firefight with some enemy patrol, that takes an hour or two, and just as you have set up the cordon that pesky enemy forward observer on top of a building 3km away decides to hit the area with a grad strike, you take a few wounded, medevac is called, more sporadic artillery strikes.
    This is why it is impractical, it is actually better to take a tank or two as losses and violently take the objective.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:31 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

No and unless he was killed in the air nothing wrong with that.

Geneva convention states, attacking a pilot in the air who bailed is a crime but once their feet hit the ground they are fair game.

Paratroopers are an exception its not a warcrime to attack them while airborne.

Unless he surrenders, then it's a warcrime.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:43 am

miketheterrible wrote:

Possibly.  Hence why Russians wont be taking anyone alive with these Azov fucks.

Sorry Mike, but I disagree.

Russia should capture the most cruel, known and the biggest idiots amongst the fascists, those with Nazi tattoos, swastikas, bloody motives of dead russians, jews and so on. Why? Well even if Russian Media is banned in the West such pictures would be available in the future to see who was the bad guy. Russia will win and the history is written by the winner anyways. Such people need to be put infront of a tribunal, naked with all their fascist tattoos visible, footage and social media posts played before a tribunal, which is filled with LNR/DNR officials and civilians. Then they should be hanged like the West did with Saddam.

d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Hole, Mir and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:53 am

nomadski wrote:

@ EkErilaz

You need drones with TI/IR scanners in the air and you need TI/IR blocking smoke on the ground when needed. You can also cover vehicles and trucks in TI/IR blocking material.

For all the heavy weapons in the cities you would also need those drones and some of those small gliding bombs and missiles.

AND I forgot - move during bad weather (rain and snow)

Last edited by Mir on Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:56 am

Werewolf wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Possibly.  Hence why Russians wont be taking anyone alive with these Azov fucks.

Sorry Mike, but I disagree.

Russia should capture the most cruel, known and the biggest idiots amongst the fascists, those with Nazi tattoos, swastikas, bloody motives of dead russians, jews and so on. Why? Well even if Russian Media is banned in the West such pictures would be available in the future to see who was the bad guy. Russia will win and the history is written by the winner anyways. Such people need to be put infront of a tribunal, naked with all their fascist tattoos visible, footage and social media posts played before a tribunal, which is filled with LNR/DNR officials and civilians. Then they should be hanged like the West did with Saddam.

Hey man, I agree.

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Yugo90 and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm