Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+25
nomadski
Sprut-B
caveat emptor
limb
Big_Gazza
ALAMO
PhSt
franco
AlfaT8
Arrow
Broski
flamming_python
ludovicense
kvs
sepheronx
Gazputin
nero
George1
andalusia
GarryB
owais.usmani
Kiko
Hole
JohninMK
lancelot
29 posters

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11381
    Points : 11502
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:11 pm

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 FccabUkXEAE_i1f?format=png&name=medium

    ALAMO likes this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1088
    Points : 1088
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  caveat emptor Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:42 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 FccabUkXEAE_i1f?format=png&name=medium
    This map is not completely correct. Hungary is getting gas through Serbia, as well. Pipeline opened last summer.

    flamming_python, ALAMO, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11381
    Points : 11502
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:18 am

    caveat emptor wrote:
    This map is not completely correct. Hungary is getting gas through Serbia, as well. Pipeline opened last summer.

    Agreed. It could be in the Turkstream +6%

    ALAMO and caveat emptor like this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2704
    Points : 2706
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:12 am

    ... and does not represent the details either.
    For example, the 80+% reduction of gas supply to Poland is fictional.
    Poland still buys that gas, but pumped in reverse flow from Germany, while pretending it is coming from Neverland obviously Laughing
    The "global LNG" is a fantastic idiom, that says perfectly nothing. That it is Russian LNG as well, only shipped from China and India. And US, of course - the expensive one, while they are buying inexpensive one from Russia same time to cover the export Laughing Laughing
    A whole South Stream is missing, or even better - I suppose it is hidden on the "Azerbaijan" dot Twisted Evil
    You see, it is enough not to say something, and things look much more acceptable from the "12 thousand sanctions" policy perspective Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

    GarryB, Hole, owais.usmani and lancelot like this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1495
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  owais.usmani Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:18 pm

    https://www.euronews.com/2022/09/15/moscow-says-power-of-siberia-2-pipeline-to-china-will-replace-nord-stream-2

    Moscow says Power of Siberia 2 pipeline to China will 'replace' Nord Stream 2


    Moscow has announced that Nord Stream 2 will be "replaced" by an alternative gas pipeline to China.

    Power of Siberia 2, something Moscow and Beijing have discussed for several years, will take the place of Nord Stream 2, said Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak on Thursday.

    Nordstream 2 is a proposed route for bringing Russian gas to Europe, particularly Germany. Construction of the controversial pipeline was completed in September 2021, though its certification was suspended following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

    Speaking on Russian state television, Novak was asked if the Asian pipeline could replace its European counterpart within Russia's energy strategy -- to which he replied "yes".

    Earlier in the day, the minister indicated that Russia and China would soon sign a deal to deliver "50 billion cubic metres of gas" per year via the proposed Power of Siberia 2 pipeline.

    This volume represents almost the maximum capacity of Nord Stream 1 – 55 billion m³ in total – which has been shut down since September.

    Nord Stream 1, connecting Russia and Germany, used to carry around one-third of Russian gas deliveries to the European Union.

    Power of Siberia 2 will supply China's energy-hungry economy through Mongolia from western Russia. Building works are set to start in 2024. It is the successor to the Gazprom-operated Power of Siberia 1 pipeline, stretching from eastern Siberia to northern China.

    Moscow wants Power of Siberia 2 to replace the shelved Nord Stream 2 pipeline, a project long supported by Germany, but which the United States took a very dim view of, over concerns about European dependence on Russian energy.

    Exports of gas from Russia will "drop by around 50 billion m³" in 2022, Novak added during Thursday's interview.

    Meanwhile, the Russian energy minister said energy giant Gazprom is planning to "increase its deliveries" to China to "20 billion m³ of gas" each year.

    The connection at the beginning of 2023 of the Kovytka field, near Lake Baikal, to the Power of Siberia will contribute significantly to this increase.

    In 2025 -- the year the pipeline will reach maximum capacity -- more than 61 billion m³ of Russian gas will be carried to China.

    Not that we did not know this already, but now its official  Very Happy

    It also means that Russia now does not expect the Nord Stream 2 to be ever operational.

    GarryB, flamming_python, kvs and Broski like this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1495
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  owais.usmani Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:28 pm

    https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Brazil-Is-Trying-To-Boost-Diesel-Imports-From-Russia.html

    Brazil Is Trying To Boost Diesel Imports From Russia


    Brazil is in talks to boost diesel deliveries from Russia and the Middle East amid a shortage of the fuel that began several months ago and is currently hurting President Jair Bolsonaro’s re-election chances next month.

    Per a Reuters report, the Brazilian government had said earlier this year that it was trying to buy as much diesel from Russia as it could to shore up its supply.

    The diesel shortage is not a specifically Brazilian problem, however, and the redirection of flows means the shortage could get worse elsewhere. Europe is particularly vulnerable because of the oil and fuel embargo on Russian hydrocarbons that is due to come into effect later this year and early in 2023 for fuels.

    In August, Reuters reported that Europe’s diesel inventories were below the average for that time of the year and as buyers shunned Russian fuels and crude amid sanctions on other Russian imports, replenishment did not take place. The other reason for that was that diesel inventories are also thin elsewhere, notably in the United States.

    The tightness in the diesel market was the result of a number of factors, including the switch from gas to diesel for industrial energy generation amid soaring gas prices. Most of these switches were made in Europe and the Middle East, Bloomberg noted in a late-August report.

    With Russia supplying some 60 percent of Europe’s diesel, due to dry up in early February next year, European consumers of the fuel would need to act fast to secure alternative supplies from a limited pool. China is a possible savior if it increases its fuel production but there are geopolitical problems with replacing a diesel reliance on Russia with one on China.

    In the meantime, as Russia would need new markets for its fuels, Brazil could become a rare beneficiary in a tight supply market.

    GarryB, flamming_python, LMFS, lancelot and Broski like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1088
    Points : 1088
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:02 pm

    ALAMO wrote:
    A whole South Stream is missing, or even better - I suppose it is hidden on the "Azerbaijan" dot Twisted Evil
    You see, it is enough not to say something, and things look much more acceptable from the "12 thousand sanctions" policy perspective Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    South Stream was never built. From Russia to Turkey you have a Blue Stream that ends in Turkey and Turkish stream, from which one of the two pipes (16,5 bcm/year) goes through Balkans to Hungary.

    ALAMO likes this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2704
    Points : 2706
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:06 pm

    Yes I know, just forgot the proper name Laughing
    Still, it is not there on a chart, while delivering lots of gas not only to Balkans.
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1495
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  owais.usmani Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:22 pm

    https://yle.fi/news/3-12629869

    Finland imports Russian gas to fill LNG terminal


    Work has just been completed on a 30,000-cubic-metre gas tank in Hamina, which was intended to reduce Finland's dependence on Russian gas.


    The Dutch-flagged Coral Energy tanker arrived at Hamina port in the southeast of Finland on Monday morning at 9am, carrying liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Russia.

    The tanker's point of departure was Vysotsk in Russia, as confirmed by the Marine Traffic(siirryt toiseen palveluun) tracker website.

    The Finnish state-owned firm Gasum confirmed to Yle that the LNG delivered to the port of Hamina was ordered from them and that the gas came from Russia.

    Finland is preparing to open a new LNG terminal in Hamina, in a bid to reduce reliance on imports of gas from Russia.

    Work on a 30,000-cubic-metre gas tank in Hamina has just been completed, and the tanker that arrived at the port will start filling it.

    LMFS, lancelot and Broski like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1088
    Points : 1088
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  caveat emptor Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:21 pm

    owais.usmani wrote:https://yle.fi/news/3-12629869

    Finland imports Russian gas to fill LNG terminal


    Work has just been completed on a 30,000-cubic-metre gas tank in Hamina, which was intended to reduce Finland's dependence on Russian gas.


    The Dutch-flagged Coral Energy tanker arrived at Hamina port in the southeast of Finland on Monday morning at 9am, carrying liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Russia.

    The tanker's point of departure was Vysotsk in Russia, as confirmed by the Marine Traffic(siirryt toiseen palveluun) tracker website.

    The Finnish state-owned firm Gasum confirmed to Yle that the LNG delivered to the port of Hamina was ordered from them and that the gas came from Russia.

    Finland is preparing to open a new LNG terminal in Hamina, in a bid to reduce reliance on imports of gas from Russia.

    Work on a 30,000-cubic-metre gas tank in Hamina has just been completed, and the tanker that arrived at the port will start filling it.
    This has to be some joke, 30000 cubic meters? Average house in the winter use about 300 cubic meters per month. It's enough to, maybe, power small village for a month.

    GarryB and owais.usmani like this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 13404
    Points : 13549
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  kvs Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:11 pm

    Journalists are math illiterates. There is probably a missing zero.

    sepheronx, GarryB, LMFS, Kiko and Broski like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1088
    Points : 1088
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  caveat emptor Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:54 pm

    kvs wrote:Journalists are math illiterates.   There is probably a missing zero.  

    I would say, at least, one zero.
    lancelot
    lancelot


    Posts : 1376
    Points : 1378
    Join date : 2020-10-17

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  lancelot Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:22 pm

    No. The number is correct. 30 000 cm.
    https://www.hydrocarbons-technology.com/projects/hamina-lng-terminal/

    This is a teaspoon of gas like you guys mentioned.

    GarryB, kvs and owais.usmani like this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1495
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  owais.usmani Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:28 pm

    https://en.portnews.ru/news/335760/

    Key phase of works on construction of ice protection facilities completed at Arctic LNG 2 project’s Utrenny terminal


    All the works on construction of ice protection facilities are to be completed in December 2022

    FSUE Hydrographic Company, a company of Rosatom, says it has completed pile foundation, the key phase of works on construction of ice protection facilities at Utrenny terminal in Sabetta seaport under Arctic LNG 2 project. A total of 5,759 piles have been driven when building the Southern and Northern ice protection facilities of LNG and gas condensate terminal in Sabetta. According to the company, the works also included installation of reinforcement cages, fastening of the pile foundation, reinforcement and covering of the facilities’ upper part with concrete.

    All the works on construction of ice protection facilities are to be completed in December 2022.

    The Southern and Northern ice protection facilities will be 3.1 and 1.3 km accordingly. The barriers will protect the water area from floating ice able to damage the berths and the fleet.

    The pile diameter is ranging between 1,420 and 2,520 mm, their length - between 21.5 and 62.2 meters. The total weight of the metal structures exceeds 165 thousand tonnes. The total volume of concrete exceeds 83 thousand cbm.

    Hydrographic Company has been conducting dredging works at Utrenny terminal from 2019. The construction of ice protection facilities began in summer 2020. Dredging works on the access canal and in the water area of Utrenny terminal were completed in September 2021. The scope of dredging performed over three years exceeded 24 million cbm.

    FSUE Hydrographic Company, a company of Rosatom, provides navigation and hydrographic support in the water area of the Northern Sea Route including the survey of bottom relief for keeping navigation charts and guides up-to-date, for providing the Northern Sea Route waters with aids to navigation and for informing seafarers about changing navigation circumstances. The company acts as a contractor under the projects on construction and operation of new port infrastructure facilities within the Northern Sea Route.

    kvs and LMFS like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1088
    Points : 1088
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  caveat emptor Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:31 pm

    lancelot wrote:No. The number is correct. 30 000 cm.
    https://www.hydrocarbons-technology.com/projects/hamina-lng-terminal/

    This is a teaspoon of gas like you guys mentioned.
    That is a fucking joke. I would be embarrassed to put it in the news. Serbian main gas storage unit is 400 million cubic meters, for scale, and it is not enough and has to be expanded to 750 million cubic meters.

    GarryB likes this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11381
    Points : 11502
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:24 pm

    Francesco Sassi
    @Frank_Stones
    ·
    6h
    Gazprom announced that starting from Oct.25, gas from the Kovykta field will be supplied to the Kovykta–Chayanda gas pipeline for its commissioning.
    The pipeline is the first leg of the🇷🇺🇨🇳Power of Siberia 1, and Kovykta gas will boost pipeline volumes up to the designed 38bcm/y



    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 FdB191rWYAYjKSI?format=png&name=medium

    kvs, LMFS, Hole, owais.usmani, lancelot and Broski like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  flamming_python Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:46 am

    caveat emptor wrote:
    owais.usmani wrote:https://yle.fi/news/3-12629869

    Finland imports Russian gas to fill LNG terminal


    Work has just been completed on a 30,000-cubic-metre gas tank in Hamina, which was intended to reduce Finland's dependence on Russian gas.


    The Dutch-flagged Coral Energy tanker arrived at Hamina port in the southeast of Finland on Monday morning at 9am, carrying liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Russia.

    The tanker's point of departure was Vysotsk in Russia, as confirmed by the Marine Traffic(siirryt toiseen palveluun) tracker website.

    The Finnish state-owned firm Gasum confirmed to Yle that the LNG delivered to the port of Hamina was ordered from them and that the gas came from Russia.

    Finland is preparing to open a new LNG terminal in Hamina, in a bid to reduce reliance on imports of gas from Russia.

    Work on a 30,000-cubic-metre gas tank in Hamina has just been completed, and the tanker that arrived at the port will start filling it.
    This has to be some joke, 30000 cubic meters? Average house in the winter use about 300 cubic meters per month. It's enough to, maybe, power small village for a month.

    300 cubic meters of LNG?
    Are you insane?  Shocked
    1 cubic meter of LNG is over 6000 Kilowatt hours. That's enough for 2 houses over the course of the Finnish winter and then some
    30,000 cubic meters of LNG will be enough for 70,000 houses for 3-4 months. That's an entire town of +200,000 people; 3-4% of Finland's population. Which isn't too bad for a 31x31x31 equivalent meter tank.

    You're confusing LNG volumes with natural gas volumes. The article mentions the tanker filling it, so it's presumably an LNG storage tank; that will be gradually de-liquified as needed.

    GarryB, kvs, Hole, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1088
    Points : 1088
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:57 am

    flamming_python wrote:
    300 cubic meters of LNG?
    Are you insane?  Shocked
    1 cubic meter of LNG is over 6000 Kilowatt hours. That's enough for 2 houses over the course of the Finnish winter and then some
    30,000 cubic meters of LNG will be enough for 70,000 houses for 3-4 months. That's an entire town of +200,000 people; 3-4% of Finland's population. Which isn't too bad for a 31x31x31 equivalent meter tank.

    You're confusing LNG volumes with natural gas volumes. The article mentions the tanker filling it, so it's presumably an LNG storage tank; that will be gradually de-liquified as needed.
    LNG is never kept stored, natural gas is. To stay liquid, LNG needs to stay at -160 C approximately. That takes mucho energy. Natural gas is kept in liquid state only for transport. Process goes liquify -> transport -> deliquify -> store. As i pointed out in my first message, probably, either journalist left out couple of zeros or they don't understand what they are talking about. I didn't read the quoted article.
    And units for it are usually in gallons or tons, since it is liquid.

    ALAMO and Broski like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  flamming_python Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:41 am

    caveat emptor wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    300 cubic meters of LNG?
    Are you insane?  Shocked
    1 cubic meter of LNG is over 6000 Kilowatt hours. That's enough for 2 houses over the course of the Finnish winter and then some
    30,000 cubic meters of LNG will be enough for 70,000 houses for 3-4 months. That's an entire town of +200,000 people; 3-4% of Finland's population. Which isn't too bad for a 31x31x31 equivalent meter tank.

    You're confusing LNG volumes with natural gas volumes. The article mentions the tanker filling it, so it's presumably an LNG storage tank; that will be gradually de-liquified as needed.
    LNG is never kept stored, natural gas is. To stay liquid, LNG needs to stay at -160 C approximately. That takes mucho energy. Natural gas is kept in liquid state only for transport. Process goes liquify -> transport -> deliquify -> store. As i pointed out in my first message, probably, either journalist left out couple of zeros or they don't understand what they are talking about. I didn't read the quoted article.
    And units for it are usually in gallons or tons, since it is liquid.

    That makes sense, but there are such things as LNG storage tanks. The same tankers have them. And it might be more economical to keep LNG stored in a small tank and expend the energy necessary to keep it cool, than to create a humongous storage tank for gas at room temperature. Especially if there is a calculated rate at which the LNG would be expected to evaporate at temperature X where X = -160 C + Y, and it can be adjusted to yield a constant influx of natural gas into the pipeline system. That would save a little energy on cooling.

    The article does mention the tanker filling the gas tank. At which stage it would still be in LNG form, of course.
    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1495
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  owais.usmani Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:25 am

    https://www.interfax.ru/business/862929

    Gazprom will supply Kovykta gas to the gas pipeline on October 25


    Commissioning of the field is scheduled for the second half of December


    Moscow. September 19th. INTERFAX.RU - On October 25, Gazprom will supply gas from the Kovykta field to the Kovykta-Chayanda gas pipeline for commissioning under load, the commissioning of the field is scheduled for the second half of December, the company said.

    "Today, at an operational meeting with the Chairman of the Board of PJSC Gazprom, it was recorded that on October 25, gas from the Kovykta field will be supplied to the Kovykta-Chayanda gas pipeline for commissioning under load. The field will be put into operation in the second half of December this year" , the information says.

    "The Kovykta field is unique, the largest in Eastern Siberia with recoverable gas reserves under the project - 1.8 trillion cubic meters, gas condensate - 65.7 million tons. With the launch of Kovykta, the resource base in the east of the country is significantly expanding to supply gas to Russian consumers and It should be noted that in 2022 Gazprom's gas reserves replacement ratio will exceed 1, as it has been for the past 17 years.

    As reported, the Kovykta field in the Irkutsk region, following the Chayandinskoye field in Yakutia, will become a source of gas supplies to China via the Power of Siberia pipeline . The start of supplies of Kovykta gas is scheduled for the end of 2022. Gas deliveries to China from the Chayandinskoye field in Yakutia through the Power of Siberia began at the end of 2019, the first five years are allotted for increasing volumes to 38 billion cubic meters. m per year. In 2021, Gazprom supplied China with 10.39 billion cubic meters of gas via this pipeline. m, exceeding the contractual values ​​by 390 million cubic meters.
    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2704
    Points : 2706
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  ALAMO Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:49 am

    caveat emptor wrote:
    LNG is never kept stored, natural gas is. To stay liquid, LNG needs to stay at -160 C approximately. That takes mucho energy. Natural gas is kept in liquid state only for transport. Process goes liquify -> transport -> deliquify -> store. As i pointed out in my first message, probably, either journalist left out couple of zeros or they don't understand what they are talking about. I didn't read the quoted article.
    And units for it are usually in gallons or tons, since it is liquid.

    I have an easier solution and answer folks.
    Someone combined the capacity of LNG with the storage space later.
    So that makes a 300 000 tons of LNG I guess, that makes some +0.4 bcm of gas.
    And that is already a lot, some 5% of the whole of Poland's yearly use.
    As Poland is heavily dependant on gas, much more than Finland, and our population is several times larger - I would bet we talk some +/-25% of their needs at least.
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 34342
    Points : 34860
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  GarryB Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:43 am

    I suspect the value of the amount is not nearly as important as it being a news article showing the world we are working hard to create our own independence from Russian gas... even though it was very cheap and could be bought cheaper with long term contracts, while the new solutions involve vastly more expensive gas that is going to be harder to justify using.

    Old plans for Europe was to eliminate Coal and replace it with cheap gas and increase gas use while working on new technologies like hydrogen that can directly replace gas, but the new plan is to screw Russia and ourselves and make gas too expensive to expand future use let along continue at the same volumes now.

    Paying 10 times more for the same gas is going to reduce consumption... how very green... but we hurt ourselves while Russia gets to shift sales of their cheap gas to other markets like China making them more competitive with cheap energy.

    kvs and Broski like this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1495
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  owais.usmani Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:28 am

    https://ria.ru/20220920/iran-1818022959.html

    The media revealed the details of the agreement on the supply of Russian gas to Iran


    Fars: Iran will soon start buying nine million cubic meters of gas from Russia daily


    MOSCOW, September 20 - RIA Novosti. Tehran, within the framework of an agreement between Gazprom and the Iranian National Oil Company, will soon start buying gas from Russia, the Fars news agency reported, citing a report by the Iranian Oil Ministry.
    The Islamic Republic will receive nine million cubic meters of raw materials per day, deliveries will go through Azerbaijan .
    In addition, Tehran plans to purchase six million cubic meters of LNG for swap deliveries to countries south of Iran.

    Gazprom and the Iranian National Oil Company in July signed a memorandum of understanding on strategic cooperation worth $40 billion. The parties will explore the possibility of cooperation in the development of fields in the Islamic Republic, the implementation of LNG projects and the construction of gas pipelines.
    As the press secretary of the Russian president Dmitry Peskov said, commenting on the proposal of the head of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen to introduce a price ceiling for Russian gas, Gazprom will actively look for alternative buyers in these conditions.

    GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, LMFS, lancelot and Broski like this post

    avatar
    owais.usmani


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1495
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 36

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  owais.usmani Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:06 am

    https://www.naturalgasworld.com/gazprom-to-halt-chinese-gas-supplies-on-sept-22-29-for-maintenance-100938

    GAZPROM TO HALT CHINESE GAS SUPPLIES ON SEPT 22-29 FOR MAINTENANCE


    Preventative maintenance at the pipeline takes place twice a year, in spring and autumn


    Russia's Gazprom plans to take the Power of Siberia pipeline offline between September 22 and 29 for planned maintenance work, temporarily halting gas deliveries to China.

    Preventative maintenance at the pipeline takes place twice a year, in spring and autumn, as agreed as part of the supply contract between Gazprom and China's CNPC.

    When Gazprom launched the 38bn m3/year Power of Siberia at the end of 2019, it estimated that sales would reach 15bn m3 this year. But the company has provided no information on volumes since then, besides that they continue to rise.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7323
    Points : 7399
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  flamming_python Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:14 pm

    About LNG storage on-shore:

    https://www.econnectenergy.com/articles/how-does-regasification-of-lng-work

    Onshore regasification

    At an import terminal with onshore regasification, LNG is received from an LNG carrier and is stored in large onshore tanks and regasified at the import terminal.

    Sponsored content


    Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian Oil and Gas Industry: News #4

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:22 pm