Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+39
mnrck
x_54_u43
franco
jhelb
AZ-5
Karl Haushofer
PhSt
magnumcromagnon
lyle6
ATLASCUB
Hole
Sujoy
mnztr
JohninMK
Godric
Scorpius
Firebird
Arrow
Airbornewolf
nomadski
LMFS
GarryB
Backman
bitcointrader70
Krepost
calripson
Big_Gazza
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arkanghelsk
par far
Urluber
flamming_python
VARGR198
ALAMO
kvs
miketheterrible
lancelot
PapaDragon
George1
43 posters

2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

lyle6
    lyle6

2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 17 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

Post  lyle6 Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:33 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    We all looked at each other and agreed that if we ever had to do this for real we would be doing it with helmets off and with our faces directly above the landmine in question

Either​ do the job successfully or die successfully, no halfassing
    Our EOD dudes in Marawi were thinking the same, that and working in 40 degrees Celsius weather under a bomb suit and the heat stroke will get you first before the bomb does.

Airbornewolf and miketheterrible like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 17 Empty Re: 2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:44 am

Off topic but just send monkeys to clear IED's and land mines.

I hate monkeys so it gets rid of them plus it clears the bombs. Win win in my eyes.

par far likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:12 am

miketheterrible wrote:Off topic but just send monkeys to clear IED's and land mines.

I hate monkeys so it gets rid of them plus it clears the bombs. Win win in my eyes.

also an off topic reply from my end:

I am not really a monkey-person either.
    im more of an BIP (blown in place) kind of guy Razz.
    I was airborne infantry in my first deployment, AT and heavy weapons guy.
    Not an engineer.

To elaborate on Papadragon's misfortunes a bit as an engineer.

In afghanistan, our bomb guys did what papadragon said.
    Just no protection and bare hands Wink.

Ever seen an engineer working hard disabling an roadside I.E.D, and see this herd of sheep walking directly at him?.
    At some point the soldier gaurding him shoots in the air, thinking he scares them away.

Instead...the sheep stampede right where the engineer is difusing the bomb.
    *Soldier* RUN FOR IT!!!.

Engineer happened to already have pulled the blasting cap from the charge, but we did not know yet.
    Leatherman in hand with the cut blasting cap with cut wires, sitting their silently as the sheep went around him over the pressure plate.

he uh...needed a smoke afterwards.

Imagine us having to go to his fammily.
    "how did he died?".
    "well, his cause of death?, a bunch of sheep went into an stampede and triggered the I.E.D he was working on. We are not sure all the pieces in that coffin are Homo Sapiens".

Classy..., a true warrior's way to go Shocked
    Death by Sheep.

Or....in another circumstance,

An ....exentric ....aussie engineer unit attached to us found an IED near our RON position (Rest over night).

He found out the IED maker only forgot to connect the battery pack to the cirquit.

Sooooo....what do engineers do that have dealth way too long with this crap and know what they are doing?.
    He sabotaged the IED.

He slammed an nail into the pressure plate, and put everything back into the ground just as he found it.
    We asked what he was doing, he went on excited "no no!, wait for it! he will come back wondering why it did not went off the first time! and find out he forgot to close the cirquit.
    Its the last bomb he will ever leave for us, i made sure of that. Otherwise ill destroy it tommorow morning myself no worries mate".

Normally nobody wants gaurd duty in the middle of the night, now everyone wanted gaurd duty to be awake and see what happens.

And in the middle of the night, .... under watch of our patrol. The bombmaker came back.
    Kneeled down to activate the IED, and Boom!.
    Said bombmaker's carreer was cut short, his body disasembled into primary parts.

GarryB and franco like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:16 am

Airbornwolf, why not start a thread kinda telling what you are allowed to tell, and provide pictures on what you are allowed to provide, of your experience. It gives a far better insight to those of us who are from countries where if we served, you did nothing, or didnt serve at all.

I know I would like the thread.

Airbornewolf, kvs and JohninMK like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:32 am

miketheterrible wrote:Airbornwolf, why not start a thread kinda telling what you are allowed to tell, and provide pictures on what you are allowed to provide, of your experience.  It gives a far better insight to those of us who are from countries where if we served, you did nothing, or didnt serve at all.

I know I would like the thread.

sounds like an idea, ill give it some tought how to put it in an thread.
    10 years of experience is a bit hard to compress tough into an post.
    So i propably do it based on Q&A.
    I really do not see someone going trough everything of my servicetime.
    And rather is interrested in certain topics.

No worries, i know enough that is not NATO Classified.

Maybe there is an thread somewhere about service-time of the members here.
    ill take a look Wink

GarryB and miketheterrible like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:50 am

miketheterrible wrote:looks like the dumbass former leader is still in Kazakhstan.  I think he is just trying to get eyes taken off of him:

https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/13374587

In other words, he is asking everyone to rally around the President

He hasn't been seen or heard from directly

The news report is just about his press secretary posting a tweet on his behalf

Can easily imagine a Gorbachev scenario here, placed under house arrest while your ass gets coup'd. Nazarbayev was just recalling the incident the other week in fact, in an interview. Shucks dunno

GarryB, miketheterrible and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:34 am

I don't even exclude that someone might have offed ol' Nazarbayev, as a result of panic or during the most intense period of power struggle in the first couple of days when the security services didn't seem to know whose orders to follow.

One would have thought that he would have surfaced by now.

But probably its just a case of them not knowing what to do with him for the moment, especially if he's resisting acknowledging Tokayev as the new head of the security council. Or perhaps, exactly because they don't want his affirmation and blessing for the time being

Wonder how they're gonna get out of this sticky situation.
    On the one hand - he's hated by most of Kazakhstan's population by now. On the other hand, if he was deposed against Kazakhstan's own constitution, that might give cause for the countries who supported the attenpted coup to doubt Tokayev's legitimatemacy
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:08 am

@ Scorpius

These weapons displayed in your post , include a crude rifle and one with scope not fitted properly . These obviously not operated by skilled insurgents . The others are Eastern block manufacture . Anyone knows from what weapon stores , they are from ? Any serial number of ID Mark on them ?

@ Airborne wolf

The grainy video you posted , of troops and APC on the street , does it identify these troops as CSTO ? How do we know ? If so , then are they supposed to be , where they are supposed to be , according to list of locations published earlier ?

A lot of links provided here , pointing the finger at Poland training camp ,for supposed foreign insurgents , do not work for me ! Anyone else has this problem ? There are claims in Iranian media , that 2000 to 4000 takfiri jihadists , were transported by Turkey to Almaty ! But no direct evidence provided . Anyone knows about this ?

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:37 am

nomadski wrote:
    @ Airborne wolf

The grainy video you posted , of troops and APC on the street , does it identify these troops as CSTO ? How do we know ? If so , then are they supposed to be , where they are supposed to be , according to list of locations published earlier ?

No, sorry. i pulled the video off of twitter from an random unknown channel.
    it did not have any additional info on its context.

it was the grainy vid, written in what i assume to be in kazachstan language.
    We do not know who they are. they either have to be CSTO or Kazach security forces to work together with armoured units in unison.
    If i knew more, i would have given you all the information. Wink

nomadski likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:09 am

Well if there are foreign trained and armed insurgents , on the street in Almaty , and there are no civilians on the street . Then I think CSTO , can patrol the streets and arrest them . Or neutralise them . But if this armed group , is entirely home grown and armed , then it is a job for Kazakh security . So if this Liberation front , is home grown , with public support , and CSTO ( largely Russian ) fight them in Almaty , then they will probably have to fight them all over the place . And if Russians are killing ethnic Kazakhs , then they will end up killing ethnic Russians ! Also , I understand why the politicians look for scapegoats and externalise the disturbances . But if we follow their lead , we end up at odds with those externalised objects , and unjustly chase after the escaped Goat !
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:55 am

Their is no plan for the CSTO troops to clear the streets. That is left to the local troops and police. CSTO troops are there to secure strategic positions and free up up Kazakh troops to clean up.

par far, kvs, miketheterrible, nomadski and Arkanghelsk like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:18 pm

CSTO, specifically the elite Russian paratrooper contingent, could also act as the Praetorian Varangian guard for the Kazakh leadership. No sane officer would be dumb enough to even entertain the thought of a coup when you would have to go through Russia's best troops to get at their guy.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:38 pm

2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 17 Fimjud10
    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 17 Fio6ei10
    Busy airport

George1, Airbornewolf, par far, lancelot and Backman like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:34 pm

Commander of the CSTO peacekeepers in Kazakhstan Serdyukov announced the completion of the deployment of forces in the republic

At the moment, the servicemen are performing tasks to protect important facilities in Alma-Ata and adjacent areas.

The commander of the collective peacekeeping forces of the CSTO in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Andrei Serdyukov, announced the completion of the deployment of forces in the republic. He announced this during a joint briefing on January 9 with the Deputy Minister of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Lieutenant General Sultan Gamaletdinov.

"In accordance with the decision of the CSTO Collective Security Council, the Collective Peacekeeping Forces have completed their deployment on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan," Serdyukov said.

He also added that at the moment the servicemen are busy performing tasks to protect important military, state and social facilities in Alma-Ata and adjacent areas. ■

https://tvzvezda-ru.translate.goog/news/2022191455-ABHfO.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=nui

NOTE: by the numbers it would appear to be 7 battalions of Airborne, Naval Infantry, Spetsnaz and Motor Rifle units.

Hole, Arkanghelsk and AZ-5 like this post

AZ-5
    AZ-5

Post  AZ-5 Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:46 pm

Hole wrote:2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 17 Fimjud10
    2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 17 Fio6ei10
    Busy airport

wow.. so much kit in such short notice Surprised

2022 Kazakhstan violent unrest - Page 17 9e01746c-744f-435d-a3e6-60ed07f97242_text

franco wrote:NOTE: by the numbers it would appear to be 7 battalions of Airborne, Naval Infantry, Spetsnaz and Motor Rifle units.

That's effectively two moderately sized brigades, airmobilised and deployed in less than 48h. That sure is rapid deployment. Fvck that is fast.

Airbornewolf and par far like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:56 pm

Good luck for the US to do a press release stating their disapproval faster than that.
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:15 pm

nomadski wrote:
    @ Scorpius

These weapons displayed in your post , include a crude rifle and one with scope not fitted properly . These obviously not operated by skilled insurgents . The others are Eastern block manufacture . Anyone knows from what weapon stores , they are from ? Any serial number of ID Mark on them ?

It is quite obvious that not all terrorist forces will be professional saboteurs. Accordingly, the weapons shown in the photo are most likely intended for field detachments of poorly trained "cannon fodder".
    AZ-5
    AZ-5

Post  AZ-5 Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:21 pm

Scorpius wrote:
    nomadski wrote:
    @ Scorpius

It is quite obvious that not all terrorist forces will be professional saboteurs. Accordingly, the weapons shown in the photo are most likely intended for field detachments of poorly trained "cannon fodder".

Still.. cannon fodder keeps a 3-5 times numerically superior force busy, for a good while.
    par far

Post  par far Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:47 pm

"‘Terrorist’ detained in Kazakhstan identified as famous jazz musician"

Don't let these assholes off easy, send a message.

https://www.rt.com/russia/545503-kazakhstan-musician-detained-terrorist/

miketheterrible likes this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:59 pm

par far likes this post

AZ-5
    AZ-5

Post  AZ-5 Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:12 pm

a recent news video footage

and some older clips, surfacing now

flamming_python, Airbornewolf and par far like this post

par far

Post  par far Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:10 pm

George1 wrote:

At 0:11, is that an AK 12?
    par far

Post  par far Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:12 pm

AZ-5 wrote:a recent news video footage

and some older clips, surfacing now

These foreign assholes need to be made a example of, so next time, assholes like these think twice before doing something like this.

It is going to take a little while for things to get back to normal.

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:34 pm

The Kyrgyz guy is used by western paid agitators to rise tensions with Kazakhs.

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:39 pm

Hole wrote:The Kyrgyz guy is used by western paid agitators to rise tensions with Kazakhs.

Pepe Escobar has an interesting take on this:

US intel is totally freaking out.

The crack 45th Guards Spetsnaz Brigade has already cracked it: the Empire of Chaos/Daesh connection.

US "intel" funneled their beheading assets from West Asia and Afghanistan to Kyrgyzstan.

And then across the border to Almaty.

https://twitter.com/RealPepeEscobar/status/1480238866397376512

Airbornewolf, par far, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole, lyle6 and Arkanghelsk like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm