Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

2 posters

US civilian nuclear power industry

Arrow

US civilian nuclear power industry Empty Re: US civilian nuclear power industry

Post  Arrow Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Interesting reactor project TWR from USA. What do you think about it? It is one type of fast breeder reactor
    https://www.researchgate.net/publication/301827955_The_Traveling_Wave_Reactor_Design_and_Development
    kvs
    kvs

US civilian nuclear power industry Empty US civilian nuclear power industry

Post  kvs Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:52 pm

This belongs in another thread.

There are lots of designs being proposed. None of them have any actual prototypes that can be commercialized. All I see
    is trigger terms like Thorium and the LTFR. When the US deploys such reactors, wake me up. The people going on and on
    about this wonder technology always ignore real world developments. So Russia is explicitly omitted from any discussion
    even though it is the world leader in molten metal unpressurized reactors and fuel reprocessing. France was ahead
    during the 1970s but thanks to green-tards neutered itself.

This particular design is clearly aimed at dealing with the pathetic state of US reprocessing tech. Thanks to numbskull Carter
    the US stopped development of reprocessing technology in the 1970s. This was the main reason it failed to build a nuclear
    warhead decommissioning plant as it was obliged to under arms control agreements.

The other category of "we will soon have the ultimate tech" masturbation is all the various fusion reactor startups. I have been
    hearing the exact same it's around the corner claims for over 20 years. The pattern is now clear, lots of Tesla-like grifting operations
    designed to scam governments and investors out of vast sums of money. None of these outfits ever has to deliver and especially
    pay for their false claims.

Arrow and dino00 like this post

Current date/time is Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:02 pm