Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+50
william.boutros
Sprut-B
thegopnik
TMA1
Krepost
GarryB
Isos
Tsavo Lion
AMCXXL
mnztr
Kiko
mack8
George1
Scorpius
Odin of Ossetia
sepheronx
AlfaT8
lancelot
Robert.V
zepia
Department Of Defense
Sujoy
RTN
Werewolf
lyle6
Arrow
Rodion_Romanovic
Belisarius
caveat emptor
Backman
Podlodka77
magnumcromagnon
gmsmith1985
Mir
ALAMO
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
PhSt
LMFS
franco
flamming_python
limb
Cyberspec
x_54_u43
Hole
medo
JohninMK
bandit6
PapaDragon
Russian_Patriot_
54 posters

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    AMCXXL
    AMCXXL


    Posts : 1006
    Points : 1006
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  AMCXXL Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:30 pm

    Tsavo Lion wrote:Just because any given article may have inaccurate data doesn't mean it's comepletely wrong. If new Su-34 batches were impressive, they would include the number of planes; but since they don't, it means they r small & in any case not bigger or equal to cover their losses. https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/03/list-of-aircraft-losses-during-2022.html
    FYI, my native language is Russian, I hated Ukrainian in school, & left the USSR in 1988. Before accusing me of being a nazi, read my earlier posts on other threads to see that I try to be neutral & unbiased.
    Enough said, & don't even bother to respond to me.

    yes, it is possible the total Su-34 lost since feb-2022 is arround 25 included combat losses and accidents, 15 in 2022 and 3-5 every year in 2023 and 2024

    the number of Su-34 handed over is 8 in 2021, 10 in 2022 and probably at least 12 in 2023, total , about 30, after the end of first phase 2010-2020 of 32+92+2 = 126

    the production in 2024, probably will be 16 or 18, also the modernization of the previous airplanes

    it is necesary open a new regiment in new Leningrad Military District, probably at the end of this year or the begining of 2025

    JPJ, Gomig-21, Tsavo Lion and lancelot like this post

    Gomig-21
    Gomig-21


    Posts : 740
    Points : 742
    Join date : 2016-07-17

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  Gomig-21 Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:23 am

    Big_Gazza wrote:I'm not buying the alleged number of losses of the Su-34, as far as I am concerned while a few have been lost, most claims are contrived BS.  IMHO the Su-34 has proven itself an excellent warplane, and as such, the NATOfaggot propaganda-war scum have focused on smearing it.  I just don't care what these conglomerrations of pond scum have to say.  Russia is bleeding Ukropistan white while conserving her own people, and that is all I really care about. russia

    An interesting perspective for you on this is that I think the problem (while some might think it's not a problem in the first place and that's fine) is that because Russia doesn't release any numbers for losses or even for production aircraft and for good reason, it's still frustrating as hell that it's not countering the false information and losing the propaganda war.  I think we all understand why it's not even participating in the propaganda war of numbers, at least to the extent the other side is.

    The only problem with that practice is it opens the door for the other side to make all its ridiculous claims.  I call them ridiculous because some of them just seem like they pulled them out of their asses and nothing to substantiate them, not to mention how ridiculously high they sound.

    On the other hand, there are some of us (and I admit I am one of those) who screams out loud "Russia, get out there and defend yourself in the media for FS! Answer back the absolutely ridiculous claims so you can expose the brutally false propaganda campaign" that frankly is a whole other war in of itself.  I think that's where most of my own personal frustrations come from.

    I had a counter argument on another forum today where someone posted the obvious result of the effectiveness of this western propaganda, I felt I had to defend it simply because of instinct since it involved the number of destroyed Su-35.  And despite how completely understandable what Russia is doing by not releasing any numbers to counter the west's false ones, it's still frustrating as hell because I only care about seeing Russia win this whole war including in the media, as unimportant as that might seem.
    George1
    George1


    Posts : 18387
    Points : 18884
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  George1 Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:03 pm

    2nd batch of Su-34Ms for 2024 delivered

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4835108.html

    GarryB, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and lancelot like this post

    Gomig-21
    Gomig-21


    Posts : 740
    Points : 742
    Join date : 2016-07-17

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  Gomig-21 Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:46 am

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Image11

    GarryB, zardof, Eugenio Argentina and Mir like this post

    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2292
    Points : 2286
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  lyle6 Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:35 pm

    Big_Gazza wrote:I'm not buying the alleged number of losses of the Su-34, as far as I am concerned while a few have been lost, most claims are contrived BS.  IMHO the Su-34 has proven itself an excellent warplane, and as such, the NATOfaggot propaganda-war scum have focused on smearing it.  I just don't care what these conglomerrations of pond scum have to say.  Russia is bleeding Ukropistan white while conserving her own people, and that is all I really care about. russia
    Its only excellent? The Su-34 is single-handedly rewriting the book on ground support.

    Forget light fighter bombers and stealth jets tossing extremely expensive small bombs because that is all their puny airframes can handle. The future belongs to heavy fighter bombers that can chuck very heavy glide bombs to destroy any kind of fortifications and do that shit round the clock from austere bases close to the frontlines to maximize the available sorties.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, Rodion_Romanovic, zardof, The-thing-next-door, Hole and Mir like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 39648
    Points : 40144
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  GarryB Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:12 am

    Off Topic stuff moved to Talking bollocks thread.

    Was going to trim more, but that would be censorship.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4755
    Points : 4747
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  Big_Gazza Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:26 am

    Gomig-21 wrote:An interesting perspective for you on this is that I think the problem (while some might think it's not a problem in the first place and that's fine) is that because Russia doesn't release any numbers for losses or even for production aircraft and for good reason, it's still frustrating as hell that it's not countering the false information and losing the propaganda war.  I think we all understand why it's not even participating in the propaganda war of numbers, at least to the extent the other side is.

    The only problem with that practice is it opens the door for the other side to make all its ridiculous claims.  I call them ridiculous because some of them just seem like they pulled them out of their asses and nothing to substantiate them, not to mention how ridiculously high they sound.

    On the other hand, there are some of us (and I admit I am one of those) who screams out loud "Russia, get out there and defend yourself in the media for FS! Answer back the absolutely ridiculous claims so you can expose the brutally false propaganda campaign" that frankly is a whole other war in of itself.  I think that's where most of my own personal frustrations come from.

    I had a counter argument on another forum today where someone posted the obvious result of the effectiveness of this western propaganda, I felt I had to defend it simply because of instinct since it involved the number of destroyed Su-35.  And despite how completely understandable what Russia is doing by not releasing any numbers to counter the west's false ones, it's still frustrating as hell because I only care about seeing Russia win this whole war including in the media, as unimportant as that might seem.

    I have my own interesting perspective.  I think that Russia PERMITS the US and its Eurofaggot slaves to bloviate for all they are worth so that their idiot elites end up breathing deeply of their own rancid farts and they convince themselves that they are supreme and untouchable.  Propaganda might convince the average dumb murkan or eurotrash of their perceived superiority, but it doesn't result in wins on the battlefield against a determined and capable foe who has righteousness on their side.   Let the West engage in a frenzied circle jerk until their eyes cross, as that way the cruel reality of their weakness will remain unrecognised until its simply too late and Russia have maneourved itself into a position to inflict an unavoidable monumental strategic defeat on them.  That makes complete sense if one postulates that since 2014 Russia fully realises that NATO can't be reasoned with and that a hot kinetic conflict is inevitable.  Knowing that, Russia has quietly prepared for the worst, watched as the West made idiots of itself, stumbled headlong into a war for which they were not prepared for, while Russia got to work methodically destroying the combat potential of Ukraine and stripping NATO of its undeserved mystique. The icing on the cake however is in geopolitical arena where the BRICS are rising, the G7 is shrivelling, and the rest of planet is mostly lining up to welcome the coming multipolar order and the final death of the near-universally HATED murkan unipolar hegemony. Heck, even the Saudis have abandoned the Petrodollar Razz Razz Razz Razz

    Russia now has these cnts firmly by their shrivelled old mans balls. Twisted Evil   Time to SQUEEZE mercilessly until they both POP.  Ignore their squeals and crys for mercy.  Blast a crater so deep into their social/racial/instituitional group memory that they won't dare to even look sourly in Russias direction for a millenia.

    russia

    GarryB, zardof and Gomig-21 like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 3833
    Points : 3839
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:56 am

    https://x.com/Roberto05246129/status/1812047976128266461

    Pretty interesting story, su34 dropped ODAB1500 on a UAV control center by Kherson

    The su34 was covered by Buk M3 and Pantsir - by using the 9S36M radar from Buk, they can spot these incoming 5V55 missiles or PAC2 missiles, and then the 1RS2-1 radar from Pantsir allow them to actually target the air defense missiles aimed at su34

    sepheronx, GarryB, psg, lyle6, Mir and Broski like this post

    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 8670
    Points : 8930
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 35
    Location : Canada

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  sepheronx Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:22 am

    So I am presuming then they are using newer command mobile units for these AD systems? Something that allows easy integration between the Buk M3 radar to work in tandem with Pantsir?

    I seem to recall something like this anyway.

    Awesome honestly.

    psg likes this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 15113
    Points : 15254
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:15 pm

    Proof for any doubters that it is carried by the Su-34

    Mir and Broski like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 10978
    Points : 10958
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 48
    Location : Scholzistan

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  Hole Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:06 pm

    Good wings but I suspect the tailfins are too small to give that terminal phase control authority needed.
    Because a dumbass on Twitter knows better than engineers with decades of experience.  Rolling Eyes

    sepheronx, GarryB, psg, Scorpius, Broski and Belisarius like this post

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 6790
    Points : 6816
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  franco Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:07 pm

    Hole wrote:
    Good wings but I suspect the tailfins are too small to give that terminal phase control authority needed.
    Because a dumbass on Twitter knows better than engineers with decades of experience.  Rolling Eyes


    Are you sure... don't ever remember encountering a dumb ass on Twitter or even the Internet before Suspect

    GarryB and Hole like this post

    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 2292
    Points : 2286
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  lyle6 Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:48 pm

    Consistently missing by 10m points to calibration issue. Solves itself with enough test flights and engineers find the setting that works best.

    GarryB likes this post

    Krepost
    Krepost


    Posts : 741
    Points : 743
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  Krepost Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:13 pm

    GarryB, Hole, lancelot and Broski like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 3833
    Points : 3839
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  Arkanghelsk Yesterday at 6:58 pm

    🇷🇺🇺🇦Another enemy crossing met with another Kh-38ML, guided by Orlan-30.

    https://t.me/intelslava/63468

    Of interest - here we assume the platform is su34

    But this arrangement changes the game, the laser designator is no longer important, you could theoretically do this with su25 and even yak130 , or what have you

    I wonder if older missiles like kh25 can use beam riding guidance via separate platform like Orlan 30

    It would make all platforms capable of PGM CAS

    If not , then creating a module for kh38 to be used by any platform would enable all of them to be PGM capable

    Sponsored content


    Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: Su-34 Tactical Bomber: News #2

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:26 am