Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+68
Azi
AlfaT8
Regular
0nillie0
dionis
crod
franco
Belisarius
Airbornewolf
sepheronx
11E
Arkanghelsk
Werewolf
GunshipDemocracy
Firebird
OminousSpudd
mnztr
ucmvulcan
ATLASCUB
sundoesntrise
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Backman
calripson
littlerabbit
Tolstoy
andalusia
par far
ArgentinaGuard
bandit6
caveat emptor
Lennox
Atmosphere
bitcointrader70
lancelot
magnumcromagnon
ARYGER
Podlodka77
marcellogo
Odin of Ossetia
LMFS
JohninMK
nomadski
kvs
Singular_Transform
lyle6
x_54_u43
Arrow
Hole
jhelb
Sujoy
Rodion_Romanovic
miketheterrible
Tsavo Lion
Broski
George1
SeigSoloyvov
thegopnik
limb
Big_Gazza
TMA1
flamming_python
PapaDragon
Scorpius
ALAMO
GarryB
Isos
Mir
RTN
72 posters

Talking bollocks thread #4

ucmvulcan

Talking bollocks thread #4 - Page 27 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #4

Post  ucmvulcan Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:48 pm

Sieg, the hymens are not useless weapons but they aren't wonderwaffles either, even worse -for Ukraine- they are being used improperly which further degrades their use. Much like Wehrmacht 1.0 used v-1s and v-2s for terror bombing London and other British cities, Wehrmacht 2.0 uses hymens to attack Donetsk and other Russian cities.

Terror bombing does not win over hearts and mines, nor does it do anything to disrupt your foe's war effort. If the Ukrainians were smart, they'd use hymens at Bakhmut to try to counter and quiet Russian artillery, but there's a reason they don't, two actually. First, bombing civilians is easier. Second, Russian air defense systems are very good at taking out hymens.

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, littlerabbit, lyle6 and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:57 am

Once more Smerch and HIMARS are meant for different purposes this is a completely inaccurate remark.

I read your post from telegram, these sources have no proof and are just claiming additionally the video you posted is very grainy, and its highly debatable what that is though it does look like a HIMARS, in the end, we do not see the destruction of the vehicle either. So at best you can say they tracked it, if they iskander'ed it as claimed. They'd show the wreck site to, the fact they didn't is sketcy
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:03 am

@UCM

Eh its unknown how effective Russian AD is at stopping them, again in Kherson they shot down some rockets but couldn't stop them all and that's not really information we will get.

Fact is HIMARS has gotten past russian AD when its there and sometimes Russians AD has shot down some of the rockets.

The Ukies have used them correctly and inaccurately, 40 or so Russian troops got cut down by one HIMARS Launch in Bakh.

I don't think Ukraine can use them that way, its lacks counter battery radars at mass and it only has a handful of HIMARS.

For the most part, you said what I said in regards to its capability it's a good system but sure it's not some divine tool, No weapon system on earth is they all have their strong points and weak points. My point was calling it a useless weapon was wrong and just blind stupidity. If the weapon was useless it wouldn't have caused the russians this many problems when there is fewer then ten there
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:28 am

Himars have struck quite a lot important targets, even behind the russian lines. Considering they have just a handfull of them, it is quite impressive. Even more impressive considering russians have artillery radars accross the front and should be able to locate them but they struggle.

They need to improved their hunting capabilities against very mobile systems.

It seems the only destroyed ones where destroyed when they were hidding and were spotted by satellites.

I have brought up this point before, but again, I really am wondering what is behind this assumption that Russians haven't been taking out HIMARS systems? That they're tricky customers goes without saying, and you won't see them engaged by suicide drones like the Ceasars as they hang considerably further back. They'll be targeted by things like Smerches, or air to ground missiles, which you won't see any video feeds from.

@UCM

Eh its unknown how effective Russian AD is at stopping them, again in Kherson they shot down some rockets but couldn't stop them all and that's not really information we will get.

Fact is HIMARS has gotten past russian AD when its there and sometimes Russians AD has shot down some of the rockets.

The Ukies have used them correctly and inaccurately, 40 or so Russian troops got cut down by one HIMARS Launch in Bakh.

I don't think Ukraine can use them that way, its lacks counter battery radars at mass and it only has a handful of HIMARS.

For the most part, you said what I said in regards to its capability it's a good system but sure it's not some divine tool, No weapon system on earth is they all have their strong points and weak points. My point was calling it a useless weapon was wrong and just blind stupidity. If the weapon was useless it wouldn't have caused the russians this many problems when there is fewer then ten there

Russia claims HIMARS rockets downed every day. It's up to you whether you believe them

But the Bakhmut impact was the last incident I recall where we heard of them hitting something. This was already like 3 weeks ago.

GarryB, lyle6, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:41 am

So another squirt gun fight... Who won? affraid
    Was this one about who could piss the farthest or who had the biggest dick or who is the biggest dick? So many questions and so few answers... dunno
    more news at 11! Arrow

GarryB likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:42 am

Podlodka77 wrote:Sad news for all football fans...

Football king Pele...

What the fúck does this shit have to do with anything?

This ain't your Twitter page

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:46 am

I agree, the football post has nothing to do with this conflict.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:54 am

This thread is also full of NAFO drivel as well. At least the posts about Pele are factual and not some clown's delusional ejaculation.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:58 am

Yeah, that's true too
    mnztr

Talking bollocks thread #4 - Page 27 Empty temporary talking bollocks thread

Post  mnztr Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:38 am

While I agree its not some divine weapon system that will win Ukraine the war. to sit there and claim it's nothing is just complete idiocy lol and shows how rotted fanboy minds are to the core they cannot admit a western weapon system is good. The weapon system allowed for constant pin point attacks on the bridge to kherson, the Russians could not repair it because of himars DESPITE their attempts to locate and find the weapons eluded all of their attempts. The Russian MOD stated that the bridge being out was one of the reasons they had to retreat from Kherson. It used Tungston ammo to kill dozens of Russians men n droves HIMARS has always hit important targets guarded by AD and eluded attempts to destroy it. Now the Russians claim they destroyed some and who knows they might have very well done so, but pictures and proof, not someone's word. and Ukraine has 10 AT MOST, imagine if they had the system in mass, Its a very good system and despite its extremely limited quantity in ukraine it has causes the russians a real pain in the ass wrote:

HIMARS is probably the best weapon the West has provided so far. Isn't it ironic that it was inspired by Soviet use of Rocket artillery, an area which Russia has utterly dominated for decades? And while its a decent weapon, the Russians have advanced FAR beyond its capabilities? And that the lack of experience of the West in using such weapons means they have massively under provisioned ammo production for this weapon?

kvs likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:10 pm

@TMA1
    You're right, but on the other hand, sometimes MoD sets too high standards for weapon systems, while not willing to pay the price. Or, their procurement was not in step with times. For example, they had concepts ready for Pion guided round by Kompas for a while now, and didn't go for it. Also, Kosmos design bureau had a precision guidance kit for arty rounds ready more than 10 years ago and nothing was done with it.

limb and TMA1 like this post

Begome
    Begome

Post  Begome Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:13 pm

TMA1 wrote:Ffs it seems us outsiders care about Russia's sovereignty more than many Russians.
    I assure you that most Russians care very much about Russian sovereignty, but are also capable of having a more nuanced view of the situation and are not as insecure to need to masturbate and chest-beat constantly.
    As for "the outsiders", go to F-16.net and you will get a more representative sampling of what these Western "outsiders" are like...this forum is somewhat selective in its member pool, because most Westerners seemingly don't want to join a forum where their mainstream dogmas are being challenged constantly and they can't just de-platform critics by banning them, so you're not getting a representative "outsider-sample" here.

Meanwhile, forums like airbase are like F-16.net in that they are not very selective...so you choose what is better: a differentiated populace with some doomer-tendencies, but ability to think critically or a bunch of neurotic wankers who constantly have to jerk each other off about how great they supposedly are.

If you want to follow a Russian channel with less dooming, I recommend, e.g., Tsargrad (t.me/tsargradtv).

TMA1 likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:22 am

Just strange. Western defense sites are havens these days for blind trust in western media perception makers. secretprojects and other decent forums are essentially moderated by those who delete posts mentioning the funny business in Ukraine or Georgia or Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan etc... I guess I am just bummed out because from where I stand Russia is in a rare position in that they are fighting for the right. The west wants to regime change your country against your will. Ukraine is being used against you. So I was just shocked when i saw Russian defense forums and their attitudes towards their military and government.

I think for me and maybe those like me we dont live there. We dont have memories of the harder times. The politics. The cliques and political ideologies. We just see that Russia is fighting for its life and we like Russian jets and tanks and all that kind of stuff.i will say this. From an outsider that knows very very little. The few Russian defense forums I went to were plagued with what I sensed was a despair and bitterness. Much mockery. Terrible attitudes. What is up with that? Is there some politics behind this I am not aware of?
    Begome
    Begome

Post  Begome Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:44 am

I think there is a lot more skepticism in general and to be fair, things have not been all that great for a long time now (even though there was obviously massive improvement since the 1990s), so people are cautious to be optimistic. 10 years ago is when Russia only started to clearly recover from the collapse of the SU, but then Maidan happened and the sanctions started and the economy suddenly didn't increase as much as was expected and lots of projects had to be put on hold. Plus the clamp-down on shills for the West, who had a much larger media presence than their actual portion in the population (due to Western funding) has only really started in the last few years.
    So with this mix of a difficult couple of decades and anti-Russian propaganda, plus what I think is a bit of residual Soviet attitude of general skepticism toward the elites and the government and also spiritual immaturity (most "Orthodox" in Russia barely go to church) you get this doomer attitude. But it's really not as bad as you describe IMO, from my experience (mostly looking at airbase as far as forums are concerned...the various doomer and whiner channels on telegram and the like, on the other hand are, IMO either crypto-commies trying to score points against the government or just cashing in on the negativity bias via a kind of click-bait mechanism and "support me"-links). Then there's people like Strelkov, who's just shamelessly butthurt about what happened a few years back and Klimov, who is probably on the payroll of some Western entity and should really be checked by FSB IMO.

Another Russian news source that's not dooming much would be Readovka btw (t.me/readovkanews).

GarryB and TMA1 like this post

limb

Post  limb Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:56 am

Then how would you characterize vladlen tatarsky, kharchenko, starshie eddy, voenkorkotenok or rybar then?

Many Russians are dooming because the MoD and urapatriotic tg channels make retarded shitty PR stunts that never reflect material gains(Kherson will never fall, theres a big trap for the ukrainians in kharkov, etc).
    Also "net analogov v mire" and "70 protsenta sovremennaya tehnika". Also why should you expect for russians to still think their military is doing everything right if it lost Izyum? Too much hype before the war together with near 0 territorial gains achieved in donetsk caused so many russians to be skeptical about "up to 200 killed nationalists" konashenkov or "maryinka has been taken"
    pushilin. The fact that donetsk and gorlovka are still being terrorized, despite so many "net analogov v mire" coming to the frontline, has caused skepticism.

Woulent you be more comfortable in one of the many doomer ruskie defense forums? Ffs it seems us outsiders care about Russia's sovereignty more than many Russians.

Yeah, I  have more grounded discussion and theres a lot of good, info, criticisms and solutions given on paralay, colonelcassad, bmpd, etc

greyzone and strelkov are trash though
    Begome
    Begome

Post  Begome Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:31 am

One look at your avatar and I know that I'm talking to a spiritually immature coomer. This unfortunately applies to many Russians today, but I think it's improving. The mentioned channels are adequately characterized by my previous post. Several Russian weapon systems are correctly classified as having no analogues, but most are strategic or quasi-strategic or only in the process of entering service now, so not used or barely used in Ukraine.
    The fact that some politicians make overly optimistic statements to score publicity points and that plenty of people in Russia (as everywhere else) can't grasp that immediate satisfaction is often either impossible or harmful just underscores the points in my previous post as well. As I have stated before, by the end of this year Ukraine will have been demilitarized and then Russia can take whatever it wants from it. Meanwhile, Sweden and Germany are entering recession and many other EU countries will follow; in fact, relatively stable oil price despite OPEC+ production cuts suggests a global economic contraction is in the making, showing the great influence Russia has on the global economy. This fight with the West will go on for quite a few more years but Russia so far seems to definitely be winning, but then posting such stuff (as e.g. Tsargrad TV does) gets you 25 times less subscribers and donors than, e.g. Podolyaka, an actual Ukrainian crypto-commie who is on a power trip thinking he is some kind of people's commissar.

But to get back on topic: has anyone heard anything of newer nuclear rounds for Russian gun artillery? The last one I'm aware of is the RD4-01 for D-20s, which is likely not in service anymore.

flamming_python, lyle6, TMA1, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:29 am

Then how would you characterize vladlen tatarsky, kharchenko, starshie eddy, voenkorkotenok or rybar then?

Many Russians are dooming because the MoD and urapatriotic tg channels make retarded shitty PR stunts that never reflect material gains(Kherson will never fall, theres a big trap for the ukrainians in kharkov, etc).
    Also "net analogov v mire" and "70 protsenta sovremennaya tehnika". Also why should you expect for russians to still think their military is doing everything right if it lost Izyum? Too much hype before the war together with near 0 territorial gains achieved in donetsk caused so many russians to be skeptical about "up to 200 killed nationalists" konashenkov or "maryinka has been taken"
    pushilin. The fact that donetsk and gorlovka are still being terrorized, despite so many "net analogov v mire" coming to the frontline, has caused skepticism.

FFS limb

Advances in this war are not measured by territory, but by the bodycount your side racks up every 24h period

And better get used to that fact. Otherwise sacrifice legions of men for nothing like the Ukrainians have done, and are now begging for NATO tanks and fighter jets due to that.

GarryB, Hole, Begome, lyle6, Broski and Belisarius like this post

limb

Post  limb Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:52 pm

One look at your avatar and I know that I'm talking to a spiritually immature coomer.
    Woah a personal insult using 4chan lingo. So much for your maturity.
    The mentioned channels are adequately characterized by my previous post.
    No you havent. Theres a massive difference between correspondents embedded in army units(vladlen tatarskiy, kharchenko, voenkorkotenok, rusich) on the frontline vs armchair blowhards like Podolyaka,Andrei Martyanov, ANatoly Karlin, Scott Ritter or Strelkov. I see that youre some tsarist or bourgeois capitalist so youre desperate to try to discredit soviet achievements and cover up failings of the russian MoD underthe current capitalist order. Also lmao at calling all these guys "cryptocommies" for criticising things in the russian army,  when vladlen for example is a monarchist while rusich are faschists.

Edit: Don't bother with Limb. Guys a troll. And honestly, if everyone just put him on ignore, he may go away.
    Not trusting zvezda tv tier sources isnt trolling. Ignore me, I dont give a shit, keep reading the bloated faker for copium.

The fact that some politicians make overly optimistic statements to score publicity points and that plenty of people in Russia (as everywhere else) can't grasp that immediate satisfaction

See, youre rationalizing shitty propaganda PR on the russian side, but would ridicule similar statements by podolyak or reznikov. "Doomers" at least arent intellectually dishonest and view both sides' claims as utter retarded lies, for 120 shot down russian aircraft to 40 destroyed himars, from "RUSSIAN MISSILES RUNNING OUT ANY DAY NAO" to "UKRAINIANS HAVE ALMOST RUN OUT OF MEN AND WEAPONS"

but then posting such stuff (as e.g. Tsargrad TV does) gets you 25 times less subscribers and donors than
    Not true Rusvesna RVoenkor tg channel has as many subscribers as rybar or

Advances in this war are not measured by territory, but by the bodycount your side racks up every 24h period
    I know that, Im simply explaining the thinking of many russian doomers.They view the goal of the SMO to save the people of novorossiya, and its highly demoralizing for them to see russian troops retreat.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Talking bollocks thread #4 - Page 27 Empty temporary talking bollocks thread

Post  flamming_python Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:13 pm

I know that, Im simply explaining the thinking of many russian doomers.They view the goal of the SMO to save the people of novorossiya, and its highly demoralizing for them to see russian troops retreat.

In other words they were on the cool-aid for the last 8 years about how all the people of the Russian-speaking part of the Ukraine were oppressed by the Maidan regime and waiting for liberation

By and large that's true only for the Donbass and adjacent districts of the Kharkov and Zaporozhie regions.

If people can't accept that, and don't accept maneuver as an intrinsic part of warfare (and yes controlled retreat/withdrawal is maneuver and can be conducted to great effect to misdirect/ambush/overextend/etc. the enemy), because they prefer the say US myth of invincibility, no-retreat, indestructible M1 Abrams, and being greeted as liberators everywhere - then they're fools.
    The same US and NATO armies are hampered in this war even when it comes to just supplying arms, simply because of the cult of worship they've extended to various overpriced, over-engineered pieces of metal of their own design.
    The Ukraine is fighting according to that same US doctrine right now. Never any retreat. Ridiculous levels of state-propaganda. A reliance on small-unit tactics. Constant aggressive advances by their infantry.. even in the absence of artillery and air support; which is one-upping the Americans actually. Well we can see the results of all this.

GarryB, lyle6, gc3762, Broski and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Yesterday at 10:01 am

, from "RUSSIAN MISSILES RUNNING OUT ANY DAY NAO" to "UKRAINIANS HAVE ALMOST RUN OUT OF MEN AND WEAPONS"

Except the Russians don't seem to be reducing their use of ammo and missiles and drones, yet the Ukrainian recruiters are not using violence and force and are conscripting men who don't have hands... which is evidence they are running out of men... their desperate pleas to the rest of the world (which only the west is actually listening to) for weapons and ammo and money and support suggests they are running out of weapons and men.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:10 am