With regards to US bans the Russian space industry lost the segment way before the bans were put into place. If anyone should complain about US bans it would be the Chinese.
Yet the Chinese managed to surpass both the US and Russia in number of launches.
You complain about SpaceX getting state subsidies. I am sure Russian launch providers get zero money from the Russian military industrial complex then.
How many of the launches Proton and Soyuz made were military launches? Even NASA paid for several Soyuz launches.
Lancelot the problem is not in the funds allocated for military launches, it is totally obvious that the services would be paid anywhere on this planet, the problem instead lie in the horribly inflated financiary resources allocated by US Government for Space X military launches
- literally multiples of the times the cost/kg of theirs commercial payload
This represent an obvious and very clear example of unlawful dumping practice
aimed at reduce artificially the costs of commercial launches of Space X under the level of its international competitors, so to attempt to put them outside the market.
Practically Space X launch commercial payloads at huge losses that are continually compensated
by the flux of those "masked" aids through military launches; if Space X would ever acquire a position of monopoly
(because its competitors would stop to offer the same services cause the lack of foreign orders and, therefore, the imposibility to invest in R&D) the prices of Space X will suddenly skyrocket to the stars, but none will find at this point an alternative option.
Actually Д. Рогозин managed in a very reduced amount of time to:
1) Epurate majority of Роскосмос holdings and subsidiaries from corrupt and, even worse, treacherous personel
(a truly terrible blow to foreign intelligence agencies and theirs capability to collect informations about domestic programs and technical details about innovative solutions)
2) Stabilize the financiary situation and restructure the loan plan of several Institutions in dire state
related to space technology, rocket science and commercial and military launches.
3) Like for its past (it was always one of its obsession) it has managed to integrate the research and development chain, eliminating any overposition of several Institutions on the same problem and prevent specialists of subsidiaries bureaux to find themselves forced towork on fields that are historically outside of theirs optimum area of competence
, moreover it has prevented the early interruption of cardinal programs on the basis on series of failures in the validation phase when data coming from technologyu demonstration phase would appear grounded and promising
; in the recent past its persuaded military high command and supreme commander to continue two programs that would had been otherwise interrupted and that today represent technological primacy at planetary level and other three that are still in development and validation phases. The same is happening at Роскосмос.
4) It has been the force behind the graudal abandoning of collaboration with foreign agencies on a not equal terms and the beginning of exclusively domestic programs that would allow to capitalize the fruit of the efforts in innovative scientifical acquisitions
without immediately surrending them to foreign specialists.,
In brief, since its work at OTAN, Д. Рогозин
has understood perfectly the mindset, propaganda system and terms of relations with western powers and even more it has perfectly realized what they are afraid for and what they attempt to prevent at any cost in terms of domestic development and has ,sicne then, attempted to lead its managed sectors exactly in those directions