Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Victory Day Parade Sevastopoleh 2021

auslander
    auslander

Victory Day Parade Sevastopoleh 2021 Empty Victory Day Parade Sevastopoleh 2021

Post  auslander Sun May 09, 2021 5:14 pm

Colder than a mother in law's kiss this morning but no frost or rain. Up since 03:00, to 35th Battery shortly after 04:30, convoy with Spetznaz next door to south end of Ulitsiya Lenina in City Center at 06:00 and there we sat from 07:30 and got gawked at. Parade starts at 10:02 sharp.

Many tens of thousands of citizens in attendance, lining Lenina from top all the way to Naxhimov Square at City Admin and Hero City Monuments, then west on Ulitsiya Naxhimova, then north on Ulitsiya Bolshoi Morskoi to Ushakov Square and end of parade route. Tired by day's end? You betchya.

We are Red Army Sevastopol, we follow at the tail end of Russian Army tanks and vehicles. Crowds go half crazy when we appear. Vid shows our M72's in advance, then the first Willies, then various period vehicles by pairs. Every single vehicle and item of uniform and equipment is privately owned and maintained. Many of us are also 'Searchers', we who are still digging up our, and their, fallen to this day. All the fallen get the same treatment, side don't matter, full military honors interment in our cemeteries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=951XjBrO1TQ

My wife could not attend with me this year, first time ever. Three of our dogs, the three yellows, are 16 and more frail by the day. Our usual nanny could not come to house this year so VCO stayed home with the children, they can not be left home alone for 8 hours and more. It is still forbidden to publish official images of either of us and this year they cut from my Willies before you can see my face, although you can clearly see me saluting our sadly depleting by the year veterans in the reviewing stands before the cut

GarryB, franco, George1, kvs, JohninMK, miketheterrible, LMFS and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Victory Day Parade Sevastopoleh 2021 Empty Re: Victory Day Parade Sevastopoleh 2021

Post  Backman Sun May 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Got your camera with you ?
    auslander
    auslander

Victory Day Parade Sevastopoleh 2021 Empty Re: Victory Day Parade Sevastopoleh 2021

Post  auslander Sun May 09, 2021 7:28 pm

Backman wrote:Got your camera with you ?

The old and tiny one. I was too busy to get but a very few, but others of Red Army will have a bunch. VCO is generally the designated photographer for RA during events.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:09 pm