Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+31
GarryB
limb
Airbornewolf
nomadski
RTN
ALAMO
PhSt
Firebird
andalusia
Arrow
Aristide
par far
miketheterrible
Rodion_Romanovic
Tingsay
nero
Yugo90
lancelot
Regular
elconquistador
higurashihougi
PapaDragon
Kiko
franco
magnumcromagnon
LMFS
lyle6
flamming_python
Hole
JohninMK
Sujoy
35 posters

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #3

Mir
    Mir

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #3 - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #3

Post  Mir Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:06 am

@ Gary

It is pretty obvious you have your set of believes regarding Covid and it would be pretty pointless trying to convince you otherwise - whether it is factual or not. That is absolutely fine by me as it is your life.

The figures given show 99% survival rate for all the age groups except the older ones, but even 1 chance in a hundred is more than I am willing to risk when the stakes are my health and my life... but you go right ahead. I am sure you will be fine..

As I've mentioned before, my wife and I recently had the virus in all probability, but we did not test for it. So there is a good chance we had the much feared and dreaded Delta variant and despite the fact that we are in a higher risk group, we survived just fine - without any medical assistance or prescriptions. Just used our trusted vitamin C and a few other supplements and kept the flem under control with some steaming and a DIY salt inhaler. So yeah we're just fine thanks!

I would say with less than 3,000 cases and only 26 deaths that New Zealands approach worked too...

The whole of New Zealand must have been in mourning for the whole of 2016 when more than 9800 souls lost their lives due to respiratory related diseases...oh wait, that happens every year!

However I do feel sorry for the people from New Zealand once they will have to face the rest of the world when the country's borders reopen...whenever that may be.

Last edited by Mir on Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mir
    Mir

Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #3 - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus pandemic 2019-20 #3

Post  Mir Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:19 am

How Many People Get Sick with Flu Every Year?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/keyfacts.htm

"A 2018 CDC study published in Clinical Infectious Diseasesexternal icon looked at the percentage of the U.S. population who were sickened by flu using two different methods and compared the findings. Both methods had similar findings, which suggested that on average, about 8% of the U.S. population gets sick from flu each season, with a range of between 3% and 11%, depending on the season.

Why is the 3% to 11% estimate different from the previously cited 5% to 20% range?

The commonly cited 5% to 20% estimate was based on a study that examined both symptomatic and asymptomatic influenza illness, which means it also looked at people who may have had the flu but never knew it because they didn’t have any symptoms. The 3% to 11% range is an estimate of the proportion of people who have symptomatic flu illness."

According to Worldometer:

The US population is currently more than 333 million.
    Total Covid cases in the US stand at 38.5 million since the outbrake 18 months ago.

Do the math.

kvs likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Indeed, Covid-19 has replaced the flu instead of expanding the number of total cases. This is simply not credible since the flu does
    not go on vacation because Covid is working in its place.

There is going to be some correlation between Covid and the flu because the same individuals with additional health problems and
    weakened immune system are likely to get both infections. But why is no testing being done for the flu? The medical establishment,
    like the scientific establishment, is obsessed with silver bullet explanations when actually reality is multivariate. If Covid is aggravating
    mortality and ICU loading by acting together with the flu then say so instead of engaging in fear mongering. Not a single freaking
    reference to the flu as if it simply disappeared.

The fear mongering is designed to herd people into getting the mRNA "vaccines". Nobody has justified the use of these "vaccines"
    instead of the conventional and proven ones. They have been foisted on tens of millions via corrupt politicians and bureaucrats
    who act capriciously and non-transparently.

Mir likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:02 pm

Israel is by far the most vaccinated country in the world with over 80% of the population fully vaccinated and thus providing a window into the near future. The obvious choice used was Pfizer and to a lesser extend Moderna - both being of the mRNA type.

Israel's Covid-19 infection rate has doubled in the past two weeks. The rising case rates in Israel indicate that the protection afforded by vaccines wanes over time. Health officials and Pfizer scientists noted a lapse in protection six to eight months after the second shot.

Half of the seriously ill Covid patients currently hospitalised in Israel were fully vaccinated five or more months ago. Most of them are over 60 years old and have co-morbidities, putting them at a higher risk of developing severe illness.

And here comes the dreaded punch line: Boosters could bolster protection for the older population

Tshing! tshing! Welcome to the future! Tshing! tshing!

kvs and Cowboy's daughter like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:21 pm

The Israeli data highlights two important facts:

1) SARS-CoV-2 has a high antigenic drift like the flu.

2) Vaccination does not boost compromised immune systems. Sure, vaccination helps fighting infections preventing death,
    but it does not address all the problems like metabolic syndrome that suppress the immune system. So if you care about
    surviving infections, then care about the rest of your health and well being.

Flu vaccine shots were optional. But it looks like Covid-19 is being used to force people to take regular vaccine shots
    even though they are not needed by anyone under 60. Governments have already imposed a policy of mandatory vaccination.
    Mandatory booster shots are the next logical step.

A fine racket.

Cowboy's daughter and Mir like this post

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Mir wrote:Israel is by far the most vaccinated country in the world with over 80% of the population fully vaccinated and thus providing a window into the near future. The obvious choice used was Pfizer and to a lesser extend Moderna - both being of the mRNA type.

Israel's Covid-19 infection rate has doubled in the past two weeks. The rising case rates in Israel indicate that the protection afforded by vaccines wanes over time. Health officials and Pfizer scientists noted a lapse in protection six to eight months after the second shot.

Half of the seriously ill Covid patients currently hospitalised in Israel were fully vaccinated five or more months ago. Most of them are over 60 years old and have co-morbidities, putting them at a higher risk of developing severe illness.

And here comes the dreaded punch line: Boosters could bolster protection for the older population

Tshing! tshing! Welcome to the future! Tshing! tshing!

More covid cases where I live, and more of them children. and more persons in the hospital.

& they are saying most had not been vaccinated.

This is not the county I live in, but adjacent to it.

Taylor Co. reports 94 new cases of COVID-19, active cases approaching 1,500

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/taylor-co-reports-94-new-cases-of-covid-19-active-cases-approaching-1500/

Myself, I am done worrying about it. Just use common sense...

Mir likes this post

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:29 pm

kvs wrote:The Israeli data highlights two important facts:

1) SARS-CoV-2 has a high antigenic drift like the flu.

2) Vaccination does not boost compromised immune systems.   Sure, vaccination helps fighting infections preventing death,
    but it does not address all the problems like metabolic syndrome that suppress the immune system.   So if you care about
    surviving infections, then care about the rest of your health and well being.

Flu vaccine shots were optional.   But it looks like Covid-19 is being used to force people to take regular vaccine shots
    even though they are not needed by anyone under 60.    Governments have already imposed a policy of mandatory vaccination.
    Mandatory booster shots are the next logical step.

A fine racket.

Do you think where you live will mandate vaccines, and boosters?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:

Do you think where you live will mandate vaccines, and boosters?

So far it is only for government workers. But we have do-gooder corporations openly promoting mandatory vaccination.
    Any forced vaccination will be accompanied by forced boosters. We have to wait and see since right now there
    is no official pronouncement on booster shots.

The situation is absurd. I know a family who got Covid-19 and they did not require ICU time. It was like a bad flu for
    them. This makes sense since they were never exposed to this species of virus before. If they get infected again it
    will be just like the flu. These people do not need booster shots. They do not even need the "vaccines" (only mRNA
    ones available in Canada).

BTW, SARS-CoV-2 should be considered a new species of virus as far as most humans are concerned. It is not closely
    related to any virus type they had before including the original corona virus. So it is to be expected that there is an
    initial "pandemic" shock around the world. But subsequent infections will fall into the flu pattern. Unless a dramatically
    distinct strain keeps showing up. But this is not natural and would have to be engineered. The cases where radical
    new strains of the flu appear are well separated in time and we did not even see a "pandemic" with the Hong Kong flu
    that showed up in the late 1960s.

For people over 60 it is a rough ride with Covid-19 but the same "settling in" pattern as with the flu will occur. But you
    can rest assured that if booster shots become mandatory, then they will never go away.

Mir likes this post

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:49 pm

Well, this is just my opinion only, but from what I've read covid is very close to the original SARS, as best as I remember only 17% difference. The original SARS just killed persons fast and therefore did not spread, This is why I've always believed this covid came out of the whuhan (spelling?) lab in China, either accidentally or on purpose. That it's a biological weapon, and they was tweaking the original SARS.

It's definitely, or can be a beast. My cousin's son had Delta variant, and because of blood clots in his arm, will not be able to work for a year.

But the vaccine is a beast also, imho.

My daughter had it, (covid, no vaccine) and it was 6 days of running fever, lost taste, lost smell, felt like a truck ran over her, but still not as bad as some flu she has had. I saw her after quarantine, and she still had a cough. She's 47.  No known health issues, does not smoke. is not overweight.

What is bad about it, is you can not predict exactly what it will do to each person.

Mir likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:16 pm

The 17% difference is like the difference between whales and humans. Sure SARS-CoV-2 is related to SARS, but it has major
    differences in functionality. Since SARS and MERS were airborne it does not make sense for them to have gone away through
    virulence. There should have been a SARS and MERS pandemic.

https://respiratory-research.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12931-020-01479-w

SARS and MERS would have similar antigenic drift to SARS-CoV-2 so there is no particular reason that there would have been
    no lockdown frenzy before. The key difference is the political agenda. Back then flu was not deregistered from the disease
    list like today.

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:12 pm

COVID-19 vs. SARS: How Do They Differ?

April 29, 2020

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-vs-sars
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:20 pm

The genetic sequence, origin, and diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2

Phylogenetic analysis of full-length genome sequences obtained from infected patients showed that SARS-CoV-2 is similar to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and uses the same cell entry receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), as SARS-CoV.

but later, the Coronavirus Research Group (CSG) of the International Committee for the classification of viruses found that the new coronavirus is related to the SARS virus (SARS-CoV) that swept China in 2003. Both belong to a “species” category called severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus. Therefore, on February 11, 2020, the International Committee for the classification of viruses designated the name of this coronavirus as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) [9].

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7180649/
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:48 am

As I've mentioned before, my wife and I recently had the virus in all probability, but we did not test for it. So there is a good chance we had the much feared and dreaded Delta variant and despite the fact that we are in a higher risk group, we survived just fine - without any medical assistance or prescriptions. Just used our trusted vitamin C and a few other supplements and kept the flem under control with some steaming and a DIY salt inhaler. So yeah we're just fine thanks!

So you were possibly infectious and risked friends and family... did you self isolate... did you warn other people you might be sick.

If we were talking about AIDS would you be so selfish and irresponsible too?

However I do feel sorry for the people from New Zealand once they will have to face the rest of the world when the country's borders reopen...whenever that may be.

They wont be open till everyone is vaccinated that wants to be vaccinated.

Infections are now pretty much only the delta variant which the western vaccines don't seem to be very effective against.

The problem there is greed... western companies are not happy producing and distributing a Russian vaccine so they make their own less effective concoction... if all the countries had gotten together and just taken the Sputnik V vaccine and mass produced it for everyone there probably wouldn't be so many variants because it is easier to make and easier to transport and distribute...
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:20 am

[quote="GarryB"]

So you were possibly infectious and risked friends and family... did you self isolate... did you warn other people you might be sick.

If we were talking about AIDS would you be so selfish and irresponsible too?

So tell me what in my above post made you come to the conclusion that I've put my family and friends at risk and that I was selfish and irresponsible as well!? I would have to guess that you have no clue about your own natural immune system? It has probably been destroyed by the amount of antibiotics you have swallowed through the years for viral infections anyway. BTW I have a 99.5% chance of surviving - now that's living on the edge for you! Laughing
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:06 am

This is the kind of common sense (lack of oxygen rather) you get from Australia >>

https://www.rt.com/news/532762-australia-shelter-dogs-shot-covid/

" A government probe has been launched after officials in New South Wales, Australia, shot and killed shelter dogs that were due to be rescued by volunteers – allegedly in an effort to prevent the volunteers spreading Covid-19.

The dogs, one of which had just given birth to puppies, were housed in a pound in the northwest of the state, and were due to be picked up by volunteers from a Cobar-based animal shelter. However, the Sydney Morning Herald reported on Sunday that workers with the Bourke Shire Council had shot them dead last week."

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:34 am

And a bit further afield >> Smile

https://www.rt.com/news/532782-new-zealand-extends-nationwide-lockdown/

"Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has extended the nationwide lockdown until midnight Friday, after New Zealand recorded another 35 coronavirus cases, bringing the total number in its outbreak to 107.

New Zealand entered its snap lockdown – one of the strictest in the world – last Tuesday, after authorities detected just a single 'community-transmitted infection'. The restrictions effectively placed the entire population under isolation, shutting down most businesses, schools and public spaces."

Some of the best comments are from New Zealanders themselves.

Ann Jones wrote: Quinine is no longer allowed to be prescribed in NZ. (My advice - buy some gin and lots of tonic water.)

Jinxy wrote: This NZ Govt here is as crazy as the people that follow them. I've lost faith and hope in Kiwi's for good . Even just saying I won't take the Vax here people look at me like I am the devil incarnate and laugh at me. Hundreds of thousands of people been lining up for up to 8 hours waiting for their stupid PCR test. Which as many of you said give false positives. Another thing noticed was they claim their biggest "Cluster" is from Pasifika communities. But they were using local churches in those communities as vaccination centers. Now all of a sudden a massive explosion of so called cases in these areas .

Spoff wrote: It was inevitable and those of us Kiwis who said so are now being demonised.
    As Jung said: “Indeed, it is becoming ever more obvious that it is not famine, not earthquakes, not microbes, not cancer but man himself who is man’s
    greatest danger to man, for the simple reason that there is no adequate protection against psychic epidemics, which are infinitely more devastating than the worst of natural catastrophes".

Noel Boddie wrote: United Nations have declared a 14,800 miles exclusion zone around New Zealand borders due to unexplained zombie like delusional hysteria outbreak. There is no known cure. Experts expect it’s population will all be suicided within a few months like Masada. Film rights have already been sold to the Chinese.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:44 am

So tell me what in my above post made you come to the conclusion that I've put my family and friends at risk and that I was selfish and irresponsible as well!? I would have to guess that you have no clue about your own natural immune system? It has probably been destroyed by the amount of antibiotics you have swallowed through the years for viral infections anyway. BTW I have a 99.5% chance of surviving - now that's living on the edge for you!

You may or may not have had a virus that is highly infectious and you clearly didn't seek medical attention because the first thing they would have done was test you.

Your super fucking natural immunity does not stop you spreading it to other people which is the purpose of masks and isolation and lock downs.

Your cavalier attitude to life is amusing, I am glad you have a sense of humour about death... that will certainly come in useful as if you get older.

This is the kind of common sense (lack of oxygen rather) you get from Australia >>

Only dogs mate... do you know how many get killed every year in wildfires in Australia?

And a bit further afield >

Brilliant... thanks for sharing... you realise if you took the time and were as selective as that you could find 4 Kiwis who said Nazism isn't so bad and perhaps we should give that a go.

News flash for you buddy... New Zealand is a tiny country... that volcanic eruption on White Island that burned all those people overwhelmed the burns units in the entire country but you think we are being silly about covid and should just ignore it and let it spread naturally. Our health services are busy doing other things like dealing with normal health issues and can't stop doing that just to focus on the thousands of people that would be dying of covid right now if we had a fucking stupid border control policy like the US or UK or EU.

andalusia

Post  andalusia Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:27 am

GarryB wrote:
    So tell me what in my above post made you come to the conclusion that I've put my family and friends at risk and that I was selfish and irresponsible as well!? I would have to guess that you have no clue about your own natural immune system? It has probably been destroyed by the amount of antibiotics you have swallowed through the years for viral infections anyway. BTW I have a 99.5% chance of surviving - now that's living on the edge for you!

You may or may not have had a virus that is highly infectious and you clearly didn't seek medical attention because the first thing they would have done was test you.

Your super fucking natural immunity does not stop you spreading it to other people which is the purpose of masks and isolation and lock downs.

Your cavalier attitude to life is amusing, I am glad you have a sense of humour about death... that will certainly come in useful as if you get older.

Only dogs mate... do you know how many get killed every year in wildfires in Australia?

And a bit further afield >

Brilliant... thanks for sharing... you realise if you took the time and were as selective as that you could find 4 Kiwis who said Nazism isn't so bad and perhaps we should give that a go.

News flash for you buddy... New Zealand is a tiny country... that volcanic eruption on White Island that burned all those people overwhelmed the burns units in the entire country but you think we are being silly about covid and should just ignore it and let it spread naturally. Our health services are busy doing other things like dealing with normal health issues and can't stop doing that just to focus on the thousands of people that would be dying of covid right now if we had a fucking stupid border control policy like the US or UK or EU.

This conservative talk show host has serious regrets:

https://news.yahoo.com/conservative-radio-host-mocked-vaccines-223438212.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3432685/florida-talk-show-host-covid-vaccine-fauci-dies/

GarryB likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:37 pm

We see how the anti-vaxxer and political talking point response serves to create a distraction from the real problems.
    People start their usual political bickering instead of keeping their attention where it is merited. The fact that mRNA
    "vaccines" are truly untested and unproven in the medium and long term has nothing to do with right wingers and
    anti-vaxxers. I see people submitting themselves to these concoctions because they only think "vaccine" and not
    "what sort of 'vaccine'". Not all "vaccines" are the same and there is zero reason to push Pfizer and Moderna crap
    in stead of all the proven by decades of use approaches. Why re-invent the wheel in this case? It is the immune
    system that is doing the work and not the vaccine.

andalusia and Mir like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:42 pm

Doing the PCR test would be the [second] last thing I would do. I think I do know by now when I feel a bit under the weather. No need for medical attention. If and when I do get the flu my natural instinct tells me that I should rather stay at home and rest till I get better - so no I'm not the type that would be clubbing it up when I feel miserable.

You tend to make make a lot of assumptions based on absolutely nothing, but maybe I should share that I live in a rural part of the country which means I am isolated anyway. Just me and the wife. BTW my wife was the reckless one - she went to town for some shopping - she was the one who infected me. I did not consider any criminal charger against her for putting my life in danger.  Laughing

I know more than enough about New Zealand buddy...many South Africans live there now as you probably know. You do know that we share a Rugby heritage!? If you want some excitement (problems) in your life you should come and live in South Africa! A adrenaline rush a minute!  Laughing
    [/quote]

If you read the article you would have seen that the comments that I quoted from New Zealanders - were the only ones from New Zealand (at the time). They all said the same thing - New Zealand overreacted just like I said right at the beginning and I still think so. Having this conversation with you just confirms it. It seems to be a "New Zealand thing." Why you keep in repeating the Nazi line I do not know - but if it makes you feel any better just keep on going!

But I have some very good news for you. Yesterday the FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine - it is now absolutely safe to use!  Laughing  

Yes being a country boy I tend to care more for animals than the human kind - sorry.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:58 pm

The FDA approved Baycol from Bayer as well.

Baycol was the statin that killed the people taking it after a few weeks. The miracle called statins are a fine example of how the medical
    government-industrial complex operates. They treat the symptom and not the cause and damage your health in the process. They
    operate by blocking coenzyme Q10 (e.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3096178/). In the case of Baycol the blocking
    was too extreme among other things.

Mir likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:03 pm

In the late 90's the FDA approved another drug called Vioxx - was later banned after it killed 50 000, but yes I wanted to share the good news with Gary Laughing

EDIT: Looks like Vioxx is making a comeback! Shocked

Interesting story here ..
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/12/21/vioxx-drug-safety-legacy-senator-michael-enzi/

"The prescription painkiller originally known as Vioxx may be making a comeback after its maker, Merck, abruptly pulled it from the market in 2004 following studies that showed the drug roughly doubled patients’ risks of heart attack and stroke and may have contributed to an estimated 60,000 deaths."

Last edited by Mir on Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

kvs and Cowboy's daughter like this post

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:14 pm

FROM MY cousin's wife, Lea County New Mexico

Update: Nor-Lea and Covenant are both stretched beyond capacity. Nor-Lea specifically had to spill its ER over to OR. Staffing is maxed out on floor. There have been no transfers for 3 days. We have now had both COVID and non-COVID patients die waiting for ICU. This has been devastating to staff. We made the difficult decision to shut down surgery and endoscopy today. We are also no longer able to do drive through testing as we did 700 cars today and had aggressive patients threaten my staff. We will instead shut down the wellness center and turn it into a MASH unit for COVID symptomatic patients. We have now gone Black on our Pandemic response. I hope to have another press conference this week to explain what is going on to the public. The situation at our hospital far exceeds the crisis last Fall.

Nor-Lea Hospital District
    13h ·
    LWC CLOSING
    Effective Wednesday, August 25, 2021 we will be closing Lovington Wellness Center. This closure is due to Nor-Lea’s COVID Incident Command Center moving to Code Black. LWC will be used as a resource during this sudden and overwhelming surge. Members will not be charged during time of closure. We plead with our members to have patience with us as we are trying our best to combat this serious situation. We will keep the public informed once LWC reopens.

map Lea County

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lea+County,+NM/@32.7841691,-103.9942611,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x86fccd88081c54d5:0x28a2c52e77fc7927!8m2!3d32.8968816!4d-103.3587288

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:17 pm

That's a real mess! Mad

Cowboy's daughter likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:41 pm

Mir wrote:In the late 90's the FDA approved another drug called Vioxx - was later banned after it killed 50 000, but yes I wanted to share the good news with Gary Laughing

EDIT: Looks like Vioxx is making a comeback!  Shocked

Interesting story here ..
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/12/21/vioxx-drug-safety-legacy-senator-michael-enzi/

"The prescription painkiller originally known as Vioxx may be making a comeback after its maker, Merck, abruptly pulled it from the market in 2004 following studies that showed the drug roughly doubled patients’ risks of heart attack and stroke and may have contributed to an estimated 60,000 deaths."

The WikiCrappia page is clearly shilling for Merck.

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/merck-manipulated-science-about-drug-vioxx

To increase the likelihood of FDA approval for its anti-inflammatory and arthritis drug Vioxx, the pharmaceutical giant Merck used flawed methodologies biased toward predetermined results to exaggerate the drug’s positive effects. Internal documents made public in litigation revealed that a Merck marketing team had developed a strategy called ADVANTAGE (Assessment of Differences between Vioxx And Naproxen To Ascertain Gastrointestinal tolerability and Effectiveness) to skew the results of clinical trials in the drug’s favor. As part of the strategy, scientists manipulated the trial design by comparing the drug to naproxen, a pain reliever sold under brand names such as Aleve, rather than to a placebo.

The FDA is the willing simp for such tactics. They have no critical review and published studies, no matter how bad, are enough.

Health Canada is the same garbage as the FDA:

https://www.cmaj.ca/content/172/1/5

Note how Vioxx has metabolic syndrome side effects (heart attacks, stroke).

Mir likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm