Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+52
andalusia
Karl Haushofer
11E
George1
gbu48098
Isos
thedrunkengeneral
wilhelm
zorobabel
elconquistador
bitcointrader70
Nomad5891
MiddleKingdomer
bren_tann
mnztr
DerWolf
calripson
Azi
Arrow
SeigSoloyvov
owais.usmani
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Maximmmm
mavaff
Yugo90
The_Observer
ATLASCUB
Rasisuki Nebia
Boshoed
auslander
par far
nero
AlfaT8
GarryB
lancelot
Vann7
Finty
franco
PapaDragon
Rodion_Romanovic
Backman
miketheterrible
LMFS
littlerabbit
medo
Hole
lyle6
VARGR198
kvs
JohninMK
magnumcromagnon
56 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Hole
    Hole

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  Hole Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:14 pm

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 003712
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 004010
    The big teeth are just around the corner. If needed.

franco, magnumcromagnon, kvs, auslander, Maximmmm, DerWolf, miketheterrible and like this post

Yugo90

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #29

Post  Yugo90 Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 pm

I am thinking about full scale war between Uk and Rus....could Russia destroy their MiC like antonov and turbine power plants or it would be a Crime....because i think when NATO bombed serbia in 1999 they hit everything...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:29 pm

Yugo90 wrote:I am thinking about full scale war between Uk and Rus....could Russia destroy their MiC like antonov and turbine power plants or it would be a Crime....because i think when NATO bombed serbia in 1999 they hit everything...

The Ukies destroyed it all on their own.

flamming_python, DerWolf, LMFS and Yugo90 like this post

bren_tann
    bren_tann

Post  bren_tann Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Yugo90 wrote:I am thinking about full scale war between Uk and Rus....could Russia destroy their MiC like antonov and turbine power plants or it would be a Crime....because i think when NATO bombed serbia in 1999 they hit everything...

It would be legit target.

Yugo90 likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:58 pm

No real point. Probably not worth the cost of the missile(s). Also, whilst no-one complains when NATO or US terrorists do it, the political cost to Russia would not be worth it.

Anyway, plenty of military targets all across the country, including perhaps road and rail links towards Donbass.

Yugo90 likes this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:36 pm

"Zelensky is scared: he was given instructions to start the war in Donbass"

The situation in eastern Ukraine continues to balance on the brink of war. Meanwhile, the DPR announced the mass desertion of the Ukrainian military from the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, deployed to the line of contact in the Donbass. What are the real sentiments in the Ukrainian army? Is she ready to attack the people's republics and will President Zelensky give the order to attack? We talked about this with the Ukrainian expert, the leader of the Slavic Guard movement, Vladimir Rogov.

- The main question that worries everyone now: is it really a war?

- The likelihood of the outbreak of war is now very high. "Vodichka" surrounded by Zelensky, as they say, does not hold, information is leaking. It is enough just to look at the frequency of his telephone conversations and personal meetings. Representatives of the Kiev authorities themselves are voicing what they are told in private by their American "partners." Ukraine is just a big village in terms of communications, everyone is somehow connected with each other. So it is no secret that Zelensky received an instruction to start a war from the Americans and now he is imitating his readiness to start a war in every possible way. But in fact, he is now experiencing pathological fear.

- What is he afraid of?

- I learned that through a source whom Zelensky trusts, he was informed that if the massacre began in Donbass, he would not be able to repeat the success of Saakashvili in 2008, that is, stay alive. That in this case "a suitcase that will explode" will fly to him personally. This I literally convey the words from the entourage of Volodya. Therefore, he is very much afraid. He is in a very bad condition. Humanly, I even feel sorry for him.

- That is, he does not want to start a war, is afraid, but he is forced?

- In fact, a person is in a hard zugzwang. And he is no longer happy even with the funds that are poured on him from the plundered budget. From this large construction site, which, of course, is just a big “carriage”. Today, a kilometer of Ukrainian roads is more expensive for the budget than a highway laid in a high mountainous area. Compared to infrastructure projects during the Yanukovych era, the cost of construction in dollar terms has increased by 100 times. At the same time, one must understand his psychology. Zelenskiy is highly dependent on external evaluation and is very easily scared. There was a story in Mariupol, where he came to the opening of the Ice Arena. When there was just some loud sound, he, according to people from his environment, almost fell under the table. A person lives in constant stress and in a lack of understanding how can he continue to twist and deceive people by agreement. The fact that Zelensky has already decided to throw Putin under the Minsk agreements, according to the "Normandy format", was also confirmed by the former head of the presidential office, Bogdan.

- If such information has already been announced, will it be heavily guarded, including by the American special services?

- I wish him long life, and that he still spent all these long years in prison. For everything he has done. And his most important crime is to deceive the expectations of the people to whom he promised that the war would end. It is for this that he received his votes.

- Do you think that he has already received the installation? From whom - from the USA?

- Certainly. That is why he flew, as his entourage says, “caroling” - to Qatar, to Turkey. Qatar has its own motivation to resume hostilities in Donbas. First of all, to divert the attention of the Russian Federation from the Middle East. Qatar was interested in the actual destruction of Syria as a state and the construction of a gas pipeline to the EU through Syrian territory. It was already on the verge of execution when Russia intervened. Here is both banal revenge and a desire to regain your influence. Turkey's motives are also clear. Supporters of Pan-Turkism do not hide their claims on the territory of the Northern Black Sea region. This war, if it unfolds, is extremely beneficial to the United States, Qatar and Turkey. And, of course, Great Britain. But neither France nor Germany want this war.

- You personally know the current president of Ukraine. What can you say about him as a person?

- I have known Volodya Zelensky for more than a dozen years. I once took him to corporate parties. This is so that you understand how closely everything is intertwined in Ukraine. I can give you an example that will help you understand the psychology of this person. We had an agreement to organize a corporate party for one large enterprise. There was a choice of who to take: Zelensky's 95th Quarter or Uralskiye Dumplings. The choice fell on "Kvartal". Everything was agreed in advance. Literally a day before the concert, "Kvartal" suddenly changes the conditions of the rider (these are the pre-agreed conditions on which the artist agrees to take part in the event - hotel, transport, food, etc.) and requires some kind of exotic water, which was previously discussed did not go and which at that time it was impossible to buy in Ukraine. Well, like the fact that it only spills over leap years on the western slope of the Andes.For some reason, this question was raised by Volodya, who at that time was already a dollar millionaire. I guessed that he was trying to increase his fee in this way. He said that we cannot physically find this water now, and asked how he sees the solution to this issue. Zelensky announced the amount. When I agreed, he was just happy. The amount he named was ridiculous, less than a thousand dollars. But the fact that he was trying to earn those extra few hundred dollars in this way clearly shows the level of his dishonesty and personal uncleanliness. This is the whole point of this man: a dollar millionaire who is humiliated by an extra thousand dollars.that we cannot physically find this water now, and asked how he sees the solution to this issue.

- What do you know about the mood of the Ukrainian servicemen thrown into the Donbass?

- The situation in the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is very alarming, because people perfectly understand that they are being prepared for slaughter. There are people there that I knew before the war, we talk. They do not want to fight, knowing perfectly well the content of this war. But what can they do? There is an order, they swore an oath ... It doesn't matter that they swore an oath to the people of Ukraine, but the people of Ukraine have been under occupation, extermination and destruction for the last 7 years.

- What position do these people occupy - are they soldiers, officers?

- These are high-ranking officers. According to them, now almost everyone has been driven to the front line with old equipment, often rusty and incapable of combat. In response to requests from the Office of President Zelensky to assess the state of the army, they wrote their conclusions that the army was not ready for war and this war would not be successful for it. But no one hears them, and no one reads them. I trust these people. They didn't want to fight in 2014-2015. If possible, they discharged artillery into the fields, and not into residential areas, gave coordinates to civilians so that they would block military units and try to prevent a war.

- Why didn't they quit?

- There are many reasons. There are also many SBU officers who still serve, although they perfectly understand what happened. Everyone's motivation is different. Some have seniority, some have nowhere to go, some don't know how to get Russian citizenship, some don't want to move. Just look at General Vasily Vovk (the former head of the SBU Investigation Department), who in 2014 was violent, imprisoned opponents of the coup, and now rings the bells and shouts that there should be no war. Why has he changed so much? Everyone who has brains sooner or later begins to understand that something is wrong.

- What is the manifestation of the poor combat readiness of the Armed Forces, which your interlocutors talk about?

“For example, let's take the situation on the drone runways. Bayraktars are Turkish-made strike drones. They are heavy, that is, they cannot just be started. Runways must be built for them. It was planned to build about a dozen of these strips in the territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, which are under the control of Kiev. There was a scandal because the money was stolen, and instead of a dozen strips, only 4 were built, according to the information I have. The Turks were very unhappy and expressed their complaints. An interesting point is that it was decided that the drones that are already in the territories controlled by Kiev will be operated by Turkish operators, not Ukrainian ones. Refer tothat the Ukrainians allegedly could not master the complex technique in such a short time. But the real reason is that there is no trust in the APU. There are grounds for this mistrust. Let us recall the story of the American reconnaissance drones Raven (Ravens), which were delivered back in 2015-2016 and miraculously flew away to the territories controlled by the people's republics, and from the control of the Armed Forces of Ukraine came under the control of the People's Militia of the DPR and LPR. And if at first this was explained by the fact that the Ukrainian operators were poorly prepared, then later it was openly suggested that it seemed that they were talking about some kind of agreements and a corruption component. At the same time, the Americans were indignant that such problems did not arise even in Afghanistan. Even representatives of the Afghan tribes have successfully used these drones,and they returned to the base back.

- Do you think the latest statements by Russian politicians have sobered Kiev?

- Yes, in the statements of the Russian side and, in particular, in the speech of Dmitry Kozak, there were things that, in theory, should sober up the Ukrainian side. But it was already said: "Nobody wanted war, war was inevitable." I think, if we weigh on the scales the danger of a Russian-German union in the event of the completion of Nord Stream 2 and the loss of a part of the territory by Ukraine, then for the Americans the desire to prevent the union of the Russian Federation and Germany will outweigh.

- What is the current situation with the coronavirus in Ukraine?

- This is a really scary situation. Just yesterday I learned about the death of three of my comrades. The youngest was 34 years old, the oldest - 52. The people are literally dying, there are no places in hospitals. Problems with oxygen, with medications. If back in December, in order to get into intensive care, it was necessary to pay 300-500 dollars, now this amount must be paid simply for hospitalization in order to get to a normal hospital. If there is no money, they offer to be treated at home. The official death toll is significantly underestimated. Quite active and healthy people die in the prime of their activity. To buy medicines, you need to spend from 800 to 1200 hryvnia per day, in rubles it is from 2 to 3 thousand. Moreover, there must be someone close who will buy these medicines and bring them to the hospital. If you are alone or the whole family is sick, then no one will take care of you.There are also big problems with the CoviShield vaccine (an Indian vaccine, the supply of which was agreed by the Ukrainian leadership). In my native Zaporozhye, a doctor who worked in the 9th hospital, a vaccination ambassador, died of a blood clot. Its "partners" do not give Ukraine the opportunity to purchase normal vaccines, but at the same time provide it with weapons.

https://viysq5tyczhy54va65gm2d6ogq--k-politika-ru.translate.goog/zelenskij-perepugan-emu-dali-ustanovku-na-nachalo-vojny-na-donbasse/?utm_source=politobzor.net

JohninMK, VARGR198, LMFS and Finty like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:45 pm

The situation is ripe for a false flag. Be on the lookout for anything. Hopefully Russia can get ahead of one of these false flags instead of being blind sided by one like they were with MH17

magnumcromagnon and miketheterrible like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:53 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Right after the govt fell in 2014, they should have relocated Viktor Yanukovych as the president of Ukraine in the east. He could have been the president of both republics as a unit. Then he could still claim to be the legitimate president of Ukraine.

It is important to remember that Yanukovych was not by any means pro Russia.... he was anti Russia too, but not rabbidly self wound inflictingly so... he picked the better deal from Russia because it was the better deal... if the EU deal had been anything like three quarters as good as the Russian deal he would have happily picked the EU deal.

He would not be one worth resurrecting from Russian perspective... I would think the Americans would like to use him instead of the dicks they are left with as alternatives... not that he is a pinnacle of competence.

I rather expect no matter what happens Putin will not annex anything despite what the west says... if places need to be rescued I would think he would go far enough to rescue them... create peace through force, and then let the locals on the battlefield decide their own fate... Georgia in 2008 was a good example of what he would probably aim for...

There would be no point in occupying all of the Ukraine, because like Georgia much of it will be openly hostile to Russian troops being there.

Russia does not want Georgian territory, and nor does it want Ukrainian territory... I would think if the Ukraine said you could speak any language you please and stopped shelling them there would be no problems...  maybe by now it has gone too far for that... I would not expect South Ossetia or Abkhazia to go back to being parts of Georgia.

A complex issue... normally not solved well with violence but in this case the problem is not the most powerful entity in the playground.

Yeah but Russia was ok with Ukraine joining the EU and just wanted to negotiate a bridge deal where Ukraine would be half in the EU and half in the Eurasian Union. But the EU rejected any tripartite negotiations which is why the war is happening. And it was obviously the US that wanted it this way and not actually anyone in the EU.

Maximmmm
    Maximmmm

Post  Maximmmm Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:07 am

It does seem now that the threat of war has passed imho. Looks like all that build-up scared Zelensky enough to back down. We can still expect some low-level provocations since the Kremlin indicated the red line to be a bit above that.
    As for politicians, Ukrainian elites have always been the most duplicitous f^%#s. Kravchuk was pro Gorby during the coup, then he was pro coup when it was looking like that was the clearer option and he gave birth to a political class that shifts loyalties like prostitutes switch clients. The Ukrainian elite has no loyalty to anybody or anything outside of a good meal and a good salary. I guarantee you that if we brought in the troops, a solid 95% of these assholes would instantly try to fit into the new regime with arguments like "well yes of course you want me to be the director, I know all the people here and come on talk is just talk, you need to get stuff done here and I'm your man".

If anything, the absolute shithole that is Ukrainian elites is a reminder how lucky we got that Putin got into power after ol' drunky. Yes there's plenty to complain about, but considering where we were going? We should thank god every day.

PapaDragon, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:29 am

Maximmmm wrote:It does seem now that the threat of war has passed imho. Looks like all that build-up scared Zelensky enough to back down. We can still expect some low-level provocations since the Kremlin indicated the red line to be a bit above that.
    As for politicians, Ukrainian elites have always been the most duplicitous f^%#s. Kravchuk was pro Gorby during the coup, then he was pro coup when it was looking like that was the clearer option and he gave birth to a political class that shifts loyalties like prostitutes switch clients. The Ukrainian elite has no loyalty to anybody or anything outside of a good meal and a good salary. I guarantee you that if we brought in the troops, a solid 95% of these assholes would instantly try to fit into the new regime with arguments like "well yes of course you want me to be the director, I know all the people here and come on talk is just talk, you need to get stuff done here and I'm your man".

If anything, the absolute shithole that is Ukrainian elites is a reminder how lucky we got that Putin got into power after ol' drunky. Yes there's plenty to complain about, but considering where we were going? We should thank god every day.

That shithole is not worth a single dime

And all their elites with it

As for the war, there's a lot going on behind the curtain still. Despite the West's newfound diplomatic caution, and the recent G7 and US Secretary of State Blinken's acknowledgment of their being no alternative to the Minsk process, despite the Ukr ministry of defence statement about the need for negotiations with the Donbass and not conflict - the war of words is only heating up from Moscow's side.
    Now Moscow is openly calling the US an enemy, and making it clear that it does not welcome US Naval vessels anywhere near the Crimea.

And of course on the ground, neither side is pulling back, but only dislocating more equipment to the front.

But Moscow should be careful. Because the absolute worst outcome of all this, besides WW3 ofc, is that the West will back down and actually give the Ukraine to Russia, all of it.
    That would be the absolute worst outcome, and one that Russia will not recover from for a long time.

kvs and PapaDragon like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:21 pm

NATzO's plan has clearly been to keep the giant Ukr parasite attached to Russia's neck. Recall all the yapping by German and other
    officials that it is "in Russia's interest" to secure Ukraine's economy. So NATzO gets a military outpost against Russia and Russia
    is supposed to pay for it. The spasm over NS 2 is the same policy since Russia is supposed to keep feeding Banderastan transit
    fees no matter what.

Russia will not take Ukr-stan back. It is obvious by now that "Putin's regime" understands NATzO's game and what is in Russia's
    best interest. And the Ukr clowns themselves will resist any such return.

miketheterrible likes this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Ukrainistan is just a giant Moldova.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Censor.NET (Ukraine): How many battalions does Putin have? Analysis of Russian forces invading Ukraine

The Ukrainian propagandist and ardent supporter of the war in Donbass "summed up the balance" of the forces and means of the RF Armed Forces, which, according to him, are about to invade Ukraine, and the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine "opposing" them. It turned out almost equally. The "Russian invaders" have practically no chances of success, especially if NATO helps the Kiev authorities. Yuri Butusov

NOTE: An Ukrainian prospective

Full article https://yenxvwotl2r3fbem7nhpm6lc3y--vpk-name.translate.goog/news/499675_cenzornet_ukraina_skolko_batalonov_u_putina_analiz_rossiiskih_sil_vtorzheniya_na_ukrainu.html

VARGR198 likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Wow.

So military that can't even fight civilians with guns, it can take on a modern, full fledged army which also has superior numbers.

Thanks for the laugh.

lancelot likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:37 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Wow.

So military that can't even fight civilians with guns, it can take on a modern, full fledged army which also has superior numbers.

Thanks for the laugh.

That is why any military move by these clowns needs to cost them real estate. Move the line of contact back beyond the
    borders of Lugansk and Donetsk. And for sure clear out Mariupol. If some of the local residents want to leave together
    with their heroes, tough shit.

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:26 pm

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 Ey28ae10
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 Ey270m10
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 Ey278810
    That´s the stuff the mighty "ukrainian army" is bringing to the frontline.

PapaDragon, Maximmmm, VARGR198 and Finty like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:34 pm

Well the ambulances will be useful thumbsup

auslander and PapaDragon like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:44 pm

Problem is one of them ambulances is a Humvee, useless. Our local boys brought a few back from Gruzya in 08, drove them around this berg, which is, or was, relatively open and not congested, and our lads hated them and turned them back to motor pool as fast as possible. Narrow village streets and city back streets, the damned things are too wide, too heavy and at least the ones from Gruzya broke down with regularity.

franco, Maximmmm and VARGR198 like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Ukraine recieved its boats from the USA. Inflatable boats without engines.
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 113
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 213

source

kvs and PapaDragon like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:12 pm

Russia is totally screwed!
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 pm

kvs wrote:Russia is totally screwed!

It gets worse affraid The Ukrainians have put off military action after receiving this assurance from NATO Rolling Eyes  

"Former NATO representative in Russia, retired US Navy captain Harry Tabakh said that Crimea could "return" to Ukraine, but Kiev, at the same time, must calculate all scenarios for the development of events, including the worst one.

The American military expressed confidence that in the future "history may turn" in a favorable way for Ukraine, reports Obozrevatel TV.

At the same time, he refused to name the approximate time of the onset of the necessary conditions for Ukraine.

“There are different turns in history, everything can happen. Russia may fall apart tomorrow, which would be nice for the Russians themselves, and Crimea may either become an independent state, friendly towards Ukraine, or return to [the composition of] Ukraine, ”Tabakh suggested."

What a clown The worse thing is that he probably believes it along with his 404 audience drunken

russia

Full article: https://3h6hg2shdcaaxrfeyjv5eak4oi--www-gazeta-ru.translate.goog/army/2021/04/11/13554698.shtml

flamming_python, kvs, PapaDragon, LMFS and Hole like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:30 pm

auslander wrote:Problem is one of them ambulances is a Humvee, useless. Our local boys brought a few back from Gruzya in 08, drove them around this berg, which is, or was, relatively open and not congested, and our lads hated them and turned them back to motor pool as fast as possible. Narrow village streets and city back streets, the damned things are too wide, too heavy and at least the ones from Gruzya broke down with regularity.

Tell the boys not to keep it then. Send it back full of code 200's or 300's... their options attack
    Finty
    Finty

The Situation in the Ukraine. #29 - Page 17 Empty Biden raises stakes in Ukraine stand-off as he phones Putin to tell him to back down

Post  Finty Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 am

More coverage from the UK Press...

Daily Mail wrote: Biden raises stakes in Ukraine stand-off as he phones Putin to tell him to back down: President warns Russian leader to 'de-escalate tensions' after Moscow told America to keep warships away 'for their own good'

• President Joe Biden called Vladimir Putin on Tuesday to ask his Russian counterpart to de-escalate its military situation and request a peace summit on Ukraine

• Putin, in his response, played coy refusing to say if he would attend or not

• Biden made it 'clear that the United States will act firmly in defense of its national interests in response to Russia's actions,' the White House said

• Putin, in his response to the conversation, said the two countries would 'continue dialogue' over ensuring global security

• Biden brought up a number of topics in the conversation, including cyber intrusions, election interference, and Russia's growing military escalation

• White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the administration's goal was to have a relationship with Russia that is 'predictable and stable'

• Russian Deputy Foreign Minister warned US against deploying warships in the Black Sea 'for their own good'

• Comes amid massive build-up of Russian forces along Ukraine border, with 83,000 thought to be deployed  

• Destroyers USS Donald Cook and USS Roosevelt are expected to arrive in Black Sea tomorrow and Thursday

• Washington and NATO have thrown 'unwavering' support behind Kiev and called on Moscow to stand down

• Experts say troop build-up may be designed as a 'test' for President Biden after he took a tough line with Putin

Russian President Vladimir Putin gave the cold shoulder to Joe Biden on Tuesday, playing coy on whether or not he would accept the proposal from the American president for a summit on the Ukraine. Biden dramatically raised the stakes with Russia when he called Putin and asked him to de-escalate its military situation in the Crimea and requested a peace summit amid rising tensions between the two nations. He made it 'clear that the United States will act firmly in defense of its national interests in response to Russia's actions,' the White House said in a readout of the call as Moscow demanded Washington stay out of the Crimea. The president, in the call initiated by Washington D.C., proposed a summit meeting in a third country in coming months to discuss a range of issues between the two countries.

Moscow confirmed the summit proposal but did not say whether Putin had agreed to it. The Russian buildup at the Ukrainian border has caused mounting alarm in the West, with the United States saying that troop levels are at their highest since 2014, when war first broke out with Moscow-backed separatists. Biden 'emphasized the United States' unwavering commitment to Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity' in the call.

Putin, in his response to the conversation, said the two countries would 'continue dialogue' over ensuring global security, according to a statement from the Kremlin.

More here...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9466707/Biden-warns-Putin-act-firmly-defense-Ukraine.html
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:48 am

The Daily Mail? I'm sure we should also have another reliable English source....such as the Sun. Wink

JohninMK and miketheterrible like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:50 am

Maximmmm wrote:It does seem now that the threat of war has passed imho. Looks like all that build-up scared Zelensky enough to back down. ...

I said it on other tread:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t4064p125-evolution-of-eastern-ukraine-war-options-and-outcomes#320794

Russia has no need for anything in the Ukraine other than keeping them in flux and useless AKA harmless

And it is working, 404s blinked they just haven't made it official (or will) plus Sloppy Joe just called and wants to talk

They have no chance of doing anything, USA will not come to save their asses and it became clear to them

Even if 404s somehow got their entire military super high on Angel Dust and somehow cracked through NAF in some Banzai charge they are still perfectly aware of full size Exterminatus that Russia has lined up across the border ready to annihilate them on a moment's notice

Russia can wipe them out of existence with air-force alone, again remember Syria? That was all done with just 30 AIRCRAFT

30 planes for the whole Syrian campaign, can you even imagine what will they do to Ukrops with way more than 30 right next door?

Everyone knows the score, 404s more than anyone else despite their tough guy bullshit

GarryB, kvs and Maximmmm like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:51 am