Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian Economy General News: #12

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9874
    Points : 10017
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  kvs Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:11 pm

    What a fcukwad title for an article.   I have never heard any surge in GDP growth ever called a "dead cat bounce" when it comes to any
    western country.   It is a term typically used in the context of stocks and stock markets.  This article writer is a biased scumbag whose
    agenda is to insinuate that Russia's economy is worthless and weak.   He found himself a useful "economist", Nikita Maslennikov, who
    says what he desires.    If the current GDP growth in the USA is supposed to be real, then there is no question about it being real in the Russia.  
    It is not some "statistical anomaly".  


    “In the language of market players, such a dynamics of quotations, which is demonstrated by the Russian GDP this year, is called a“ bounce of a dead cat ”.

    What "quotations" is this moron yammering on about in the context of GDP.   The idiot is talking about stock quotations.  

    There is something known as the reference base effect.   This is when, for example, the same quarter GDP from the previous year was depressed
    and if the current quarter GDP shows even a recovery and modest growth, then in terms of absolute growth it looks more rosy than it actually is.  
    This is not a "dead cat bounce" fcukwad.

    Maximmmm, miketheterrible and Backman like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29382
    Points : 29910
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  GarryB Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:49 am


    Missed delivery: Why does Amazon, the company that sells nearly everything, nearly everywhere, do next to no business in Russia?

    You are missing the point Vann... Amazon is so powerful and profitable it has enormous power within the economies it dominates... I remember when it was book sales and didn't make a profit for the first few decades it operated, but it made billions of dollars during the lockdowns because of its home delivery component that most other sellers in the US didn't have.

    Sanctions on Russia means Amazon could never really get that big and further sanctions will hopefully make wildberries focus on local products rather than importing shit from the west.

    This is win win for Russia.

    BTW cats famously always land on their feet... to the point where a cartoon dead cat that is falling would likely come alive just before impact... correct its orientation and then land on its feet and settle down dead again because of the rule that cats always land on their feet.

    Because of this I would say the Russian economy will be fine because even someone who does not know a lot about economics like me knows you pay what you owe and don't spend a lot of money you don't have, because while interest rates are very low now... they wont stay low forever and if you get caught up to your eyebrows in debt and the interest rates rocket up then you are hip deep in the brown smelly stuff and sinking with no one to blame but yourself.
    Scorpius
    Scorpius

    Posts : 248
    Points : 250
    Join date : 2020-11-06
    Age : 33

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  Scorpius Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:19 pm

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 D3d3LnNhZmV0eS5ydS9pbWFnZXMvZ3JhamRhbjEucG5nP19faWQ9MTQxNzY2
    Investments in fixed capital of industry of the RSFSR and the Russian Federation, in comparable prices (1990 = 1)

    GarryB, kvs, PapaDragon, miketheterrible and LMFS like this post

    Kiko
    Kiko

    Posts : 489
    Points : 495
    Join date : 2020-11-11
    Age : 72
    Location : Brasilia

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  Kiko Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:33 pm

    Already implanted in Belgium and Germany, Russian MereRetail brand, a hard-discount company, is planning to land in France before the end of 2021, and open 300 stores in the UK.

    https://fr.sputniknews.com/economie/202106111045720096-le-hard-discount-russe-mere-sapprete-a-conquerir-leurope/
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 4471
    Points : 4555
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  flamming_python Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:31 pm

    Kiko wrote:Already implanted in Belgium and Germany, Russian MereRetail brand, a hard-discount company, is planning to land in France before the end of 2021, and open 300 stores in the UK.

    https://fr.sputniknews.com/economie/202106111045720096-le-hard-discount-russe-mere-sapprete-a-conquerir-leurope/

    That company has already expanded to Spain, Lithuania, Italy, Greece, the Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, China, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania and of course Russia itself

    The actual company is owned by like 2 brothers from Krasnoyarsk who have a history of doing business and dodging taxes. So I'm not sure how many people it actually employs and enriches, probably just the owners.

    But what's great about it is that it sources a whole range of Russian-produced products for its European stores. So it's success alone offers a very substantial boost to the exports of Russian food-processing enterprises.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible and Kiko like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29382
    Points : 29910
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  GarryB Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:34 am

    It is like any abuse story... you can be a victim or you can use it to make you stronger.

    Essentially the west has used countries as slave labour sweat shops to take raw materials they sourced where they could get them cheapest and shipped them to countries where there is no such thing as minimum wage and had the products assembled or created by people who would get paid more if they were in prison, and those companies make enormous amounts of money and use some of that to avoid paying tax in any of the countries they operate in with each department claiming it does nothing it and everything is actually done in a different country so they shouldn't pay any tax here.

    The fact is that you think only the greedy multinational company is making money, but that work and income can be used to change things around... local factory owners can open more factories and make money locally selling essentially rip offs of the stuff they export for the multinational company... and they can attract skilled workers with better wages and conditions...

    Eventually no one wants to work for the foreign companies so the foreign companies move on to the next country... they started with Japanese, but they have gone through most asian countries... malaysia, south korea, indonesia, singapore, vietnam, pakistan, and currently they are huge in China but they will move to bangledesh or India.

    The point is that distribution companies are just as bad and they will offer contracts to the lowest bidder, and will crush companies that don't give in to their demands...

    Amazon is an excellent example for decades they didn't make a profit but they offered very competitive prices so competition was limited and strangled out of existence... they had some warehouses but most of the time when you ordered something from Amazon they sent it from the publishing house that published that book direct to you, so in many ways it is a shop with pictures of the books it can access... you select the books you want and they get the publisher to send them straight to you... fewer overheads for them because their shop was on line.

    Like any company of course Amazon will use its power to get better deals from publishers because people world wide bought from Amazon, while the local corner bookshop might have 20,000 people living within half an hours drive of them, Amazon had billions of potential customers... that is enormous buying power for Amazon.

    The fact that this new company is selling Russian products to countries is excellent even if they are getting screwed in this particular deal in the long term it gets Russian brands out there and if the brands are good enough and cheap enough they could probably build their own website and export to customers themselves.

    Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9874
    Points : 10017
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  kvs Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:53 pm



    Russia will deploy its own resource monitoring satellites. This includes CO2 emissions and uptake monitoring satellites. Currently,
    Russia relies 80% on western satellite products in this area. The problem is that the imperialist west can and will use CO2 emissions
    claims as a bludgeon to sanction Russia in the near future. It will fake its satellite data to claim that Russia emits vast amounts of
    CO2 and thus deserves to be punished by the "international community". The fact that Russia's forests absorb one billion tons of
    CO2 per year will be ignored or suppressed.

    Russia emits about 1.7 billion tons of CO2 per year:

    https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/russia-co2-emissions/

    So its net emissions are 0.7 billion tons of CO2. For a country with the economy of the size in Russia that is impressive. But you
    can be sure that NATzO and minion (Japan, Australia, etc.) haters will try to paint Russia as the worst CO2 emitter. Worse than the
    hogs in the USA:

    https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/us-co2-emissions/





    Big_Gazza and LMFS like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29382
    Points : 29910
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  GarryB Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:07 am

    I would say the real problem is the oceans... how much Russian sewerage and rubbish ends up in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?

    I would say the biggest offenders in both cases are the west and the plastic and crap being dumped into the sea are doing serious damage to a lot of ocean life which actually have a very significant effect on the amount of CO2 in the air...

    Once the water temperatures get high enough there will be mass extinctions of all the major food groups in the oceans which will have a catastrophic effect on the larger life forms which we tend to depend on for a large portion of our food intake.

    They are already having problems in Australia with sea turtles who are all turning out to be girls because of the water temperature... that is going to slash population numbers on its own without any other problems.

    That was supposed to be a survival mechanism because the extra females would expand the population growth because a smaller number of males could create more offspring, but if they are all girls then there is an obvious problem.
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4884
    Points : 4986
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  Vann7 Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:55 pm

    US sanctions on Russia’s sovereign debt come into force


    https://www.rt.com/business/526497-us-sanctions-russian-debt-bonds/



    The west will only listen to military force and business power , they will not listen to Putin's
    petitions of 20 years for "restoring relations" on the principle of the rights for every nation
    sovereignty ....Rolling Eyes

    is like trying to convince a mafia gang , in a city ,to "Restore relations" with the residents they don't control yet  by saying please please be nice with us. No  

    Putin needs to stop asking for "restoring of relations" with the west , it makes him look very stupid ,
    and relations was never restored with the west , their plans to break russia never stopped , not even during the collapse of soviet union ,this is when they began the chechen wars and yugoeslavia war , when more they hit russia ,when more weaker it was . and relations  can't be improved either , because the west wants blood ,   russian blood , and russia broken in a million of pieces , and the only thing the anglo west will listen is power , BUSINESS POWER (Business leadership ) that challenge directly their advanced business economy , or Military FORCE if it is every used against them ,to push them back.  Putin does neither one , neither use their military ,to push any nation back , and neither have business power to push back the west and weaken them ,because the idiot president , is totally disconnected with the real problems they face , he really think
    he can drive Russia away of problems by just increasing his politeness , the gas station service in the world and winning more olympic medals   No


    The slow learner President , need to look at the example of china , that is pushing back the west ,with business power ,you can do that . The only thing the west respect is POWER and leadership in the world ,in things the west cares , and nothing else.  The Russia existence depends on two governments in europe , to keep lines open with russia ,and china help to russia economy.


    What a fcukwad title for an article.   I have never heard any surge in GDP growth ever called a "dead cat bounce" when it comes to any
    western country.  

    Because you are not an economist , and neither you look at the right places of what other economist say . It you have any memory at all , you will remember how i was one of the first ones in this forum to talk about the "dead cat bounce" economic term.. this happened in argentina..  lol1

    but you live in putin's fantasy la la land , of a "Growing economy" and no one that tells anything negative about russia economy will be accepted.

    here is an argentinian economist that wrote many books in economy , that knows a lot about economy , worked for the top banks in the world and  and he talks a lot of this bounce deat cat phenomenon.  when a dead economy , "shows growth"  is a dead bounce cat effect. The cat is dead
    but you look like he is alive from far distance because "jumps" but is not a jump ,is a bounce of a dead body and in this case is a dead economy.

    and i also was the first one that told you , that none of this "gdp growth" matters at all , because
    Russia is on a death sentence by the west and it have absolutely no way to avoid ,their final outcome, death of russia.  and the reason is simple. because russia is not fighting back .

    if you have someone attempting to dinamite your business , when you are selling more potatoes , in your business ,this temporary growth , is just that , a temporary thing. if you don't stop the terrorist , or dissuade him , to stop attempting to blow up your busines ,and instead ,what you do is completely ignore that he exist, then your enemies eventually sooner or later will get it right ,and
    will find a way to blow your entire business with dynamite ,leaving you without a source of income and in bankruptcy.

    so this is why none of this "progress" of putin with russia economy matters at all . it just numbers in paper but it doesn't reflect reality . if i was an billionaire investor , russia will be the last place to invest ,because is under sanctions and attacks , by the leader of the global economy and russia is not fighting back , and have no way to properly defend itself ,if the government , look to the other side and not face the hostile faction trying to blow up their entire nation and split it in a million pieces.
    if you see a snake in your house and you allow it to continue there , leave her to freely move in peace ,eventually that snake with byte you and will kill you. you don't ignore danger ,you confront it .
    you either kill the snake or you move from house ,to another place , but ignoring it is welcoming an attack by the snake not only to you but to your family members too.

    And this is exactly what putin is doing , ignoring their enemies , allowing them to continue santioning
    russia , to continue provoking conflicts at russian borders , continue financing oppositions and terrorist and they face no consequences for their actions. so they continue doing it until they get it done , and destroy russia.  So russia is facing war , is a slow indirect war and russia is not doing anything to fight back. So the russian government needs , to fight back ,can't get away from this .
    and you don't fight back by being polite , by being nice with the west, you don't fight back ,by not fighting their military ,(something that im not promoting) , neither you fight by not offering competition ,to their most influential and popular business.  By behaving as business like usual ,
    and focusing on pipelines and spots events, in times russia is facing a real war , what you do is encouraging more hostilities against your country. because the west see no reason to stop , because putin do nothing.  No   Russia need to follow the example of china and do a complete 180 degree with the russian economy ,privatize those pipelines to europe , and half of their food , and all those soviet era garbage business ,and start a major education revolution in russia , and invest heavily in space and in semiconductors and more advanced technology too ,quantum computers , to put an end to the monopoly of the semiconductor anglotaiwanese mafia that have over the world ,and bring down their economies , by offering superior business.  celebrating a million of victory parades or sport events will not change anything for good in russia ,until their the west stopped from doing what they are doing , trying to blow up the russian economy.  This can be done only by fighting back ,either with business or with military . Leadership in advance high tech business is the only way to
    stop those seeking to destroy russia. Because if they don't follow the new leader ,then they will become isolated themselves from the world. The world will follow those that lead with business that shape the future of the world.

    i will not say Russia is a dead economy yet , but is an economy under a death sentence and putin have zero plans , nothing ,to counter the dangers , other than hope ,that those pipelines they
    building to europe minimize the damages they will get to the western attacks.  No
    an economy that "survive" is not an option anymore for Russia.

    so i will call better the russian economy ,
    the quicksand economy.

    Russia is on a quicksand future , with a stagnated economy , paralized progress ,that have no much room or place to grow ,because its idiot president it have created a very lazy and vulnerable economy that is highly vulnerable to the western attacks , since they controls heavily europe , and eventually is a matter of time ,they will get the right leaders in germany and france ,through elections hacking or bribery ,to totally break russia energy industry.
    china is also moving away from external dependence on oil and external gas stations , is moving to total energy independence nation. This is what smart and modern nations do .  so not only the european market will be closed to russia economy , but also china too .  So Russia is a quicksand economy , is an economy that have not much room to move and its outcome is predictable ,can only go down. because have no future. Russia economy is on a death trap. a true quicksand economy.

    honestly , i dont think russia will be around today existing ,if it wasn't by Germany and france ,
    rescuing russia ,for the plans obama had for ukraine. that blocked obama ,from using ukraine
    to provoke a big war with russia. The ukraine conflict is a death trap , that russia have no chance
    to survive. with nato arming the opposition and the major opposition of civilians ,friendly to nato.
    will be like donetsk is now but multiplied by a million , and russian army soldiers killed a lot by
    road side bombs and "mysterious" large waves kamikazi drones. The combination of a full scale ukraine war ,with western sanctions , and disconnection from swift and the war on oil prices will have bring down russia economy to its knees. being in 3 wars at same time ,syria ,ukraine and armenia and caused major civil unrest in the nation.

    but eventually the west will get it done and find a way to bring down to negative levels the russian economy. so the next 5 years will be the most important for russia future... will be surprised if putin is still in power in that time. with the major civil unrest that will happen.

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9874
    Points : 10017
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  kvs Yesterday at 5:22 pm



    Get past the anti-China hate propaganda excrement at the beginning of the video to around 2:00.
    Australia is spending 90 billion Australian dollars or 68 billion USD to buy 12 diesel-electric subs.
    That is 5.7 billion USD per sub.

    The Russian project 636.3 submarines were being sold to Vietnam and others for 300 million USD. So we
    are are looking at 19 times the price. The French submarines are in no way 19 times superior
    to the Russian submarines of this class. No oxygen recycling or generation system for longer duration
    under water operation justifies such a markup. This class of submarines are never going to be
    in the nuclear class.

    This demonstrates the sort of grotesque corruption and price gouging in the western military procurement.
    The Russian military industry easily has a PPP factor of 10. Not even the factor of six I was posting before.
    The Russian military budget is similarly 10 times more potent than its nominal 61.7 billion USD size suggests.

    par far, Big_Gazza, Hole and lancelot like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9874
    Points : 10017
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  kvs Yesterday at 5:29 pm

    GarryB wrote:I would say the real problem is the oceans... how much Russian sewerage and rubbish ends up in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?

    I would say the biggest offenders in both cases are the west and the plastic and crap being dumped into the sea are doing serious damage to a lot of ocean life which actually have a very significant effect on the amount of CO2 in the air...

    Once the water temperatures get high enough there will be mass extinctions of all the major food groups in the oceans which will have a catastrophic effect on the larger life forms which we tend to depend on for a large portion of our food intake.

    They are already having problems in Australia with sea turtles who are all turning out to be girls because of the water temperature... that is going to slash population numbers on its own without any other problems.

    That was supposed to be a survival mechanism because the extra females would expand the population growth because a smaller number of males could create more offspring, but if they are all girls then there is an obvious problem.

    Most of the large US cities are on its coast. The only large city that Russia has on a coast is St. Petersburg. Vladivostok is much smaller. The volume of
    garbage and sewage Russia puts into the oceans is vastly smaller than the USA in per capita terms. Russian plastic waste is going into landfills, incinerators
    and recycling. It is not being shipped to the Philippines like Canadian recycled waste for trivial disposal.

    But I would say that most plastic waste in the world's ocean is from the 3rd world which has no recycling program or even proper garbage collection.
    When I was in India the landscape was coated with plastic bags. I am not exaggerating. There was a shocking layer of plastic bags deposited by the
    wind outside of parks and farmland. Even around sacred shrines there was garbage (mostly plastic) covering the sides of roads. The Ganges River
    ducts untreated sewage into the Indian Ocean. The scale is shocking.



    Big_Gazza likes this post

    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2491
    Points : 2720
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  par far Yesterday at 5:31 pm

    kvs wrote:

    Get past the anti-China hate propaganda excrement at the beginning of the video to around 2:00.
    Australia is spending 90 billion Australian dollars or 68 billion USD to buy 12 diesel-electric subs.
    That is 5.7 billion USD per sub.  

    The Russian project 636.3 submarines were being sold to Vietnam and others for 300 million USD.   So we
    are are looking at 19 times the price.   The French submarines are in no way 19 times superior
    to the Russian submarines of this class.   No oxygen recycling or generation system for longer duration
    under water operation justifies such a markup.    This class of submarines are never going to be
    in the nuclear class.  

    This demonstrates the sort of grotesque corruption and price gouging in the western military procurement.
    The Russian military industry easily has a PPP factor of 10.   Not even the factor of six I was posting before.
    The Russian military budget is similarly 10 times more potent than its nominal 61.7 billion USD size suggests.


    The west knows that Russia or China are not going to attack, so they are just running a mafia military industry, where they just sell high priced crap.

    It is a racket right now and it will push the west behind Russia and China in military technology.

    Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4221
    Points : 4253
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  franco Yesterday at 5:34 pm

    Russia overtook China in terms of economic development in the SEDA rating

    In the rating of the countries of the world according to the Sustainable Economic Development Assessment (SEDA), Russia in 2020 took 53rd place, gaining 56.41 points, overtaking China in terms of the rate of change for the better. This information follows from the data of the annual index, which is made by The Boston Consulting Group (BCG).

    In the area of ​​economic stability, Russia also improved its result from 72 to 80 points.

    "According to the SEDA study, the overall assessment of Russia is 56.4 points, this is the highest indicator for our country in the entire history of observations, " Rossiyskaya Gazeta quotes the words from the report of the managing director, partner of BCG, head of the expert practice for working with the public sector. in Russia by Dmitry Garanin.

    He added that the Russian Federation has improved its overall result by 3.49 points compared to 2016, while the PRC has advanced 3.15 points during this time.

    According to the response, states with high overall SEDA tended to cushion the drop in economic performance and the rise in unemployment during the coronavirus pandemic .

    The report emphasizes that despite the ongoing fight against the pandemic, countries need to take into account the long-term perspective and make investments that will lead to faster and more sustainable progress in the coming recovery. Three areas are identified as priorities: combating climate change, investing in digitalization, strengthening social protection systems to ensure inclusive and equitable growth.

    According to another BCG report, Global Wealth 2021: When Customers Take the Lead, released on June 10, Russia's 2019-2020 financial wealth growth rate outstrips Eastern Europe and the global average at 13%, up from 12% and 8. 3% respectively.

    https://iz.ru/1180117/2021-06-17/rossiia-obognala-kitai-po-tempam-razvitiia-ekonomiki-v-reitinge-seda
    lancelot
    lancelot

    Posts : 381
    Points : 383
    Join date : 2020-10-18

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  lancelot Yesterday at 10:17 pm

    kvs wrote:Australia is spending 90 billion Australian dollars or 68 billion USD to buy 12 diesel-electric subs.
    That is 5.7 billion USD per sub.  

    The Russian project 636.3 submarines were being sold to Vietnam and others for 300 million USD.   So we
    are are looking at 19 times the price.   The French submarines are in no way 19 times superior
    to the Russian submarines of this class.   No oxygen recycling or generation system for longer duration
    under water operation justifies such a markup.    This class of submarines are never going to be
    in the nuclear class.

    They could have bought an off the shelf submarine like the one the Japanese made.
    Instead they decided to buy a paper submarine which is yet to be designed based on a French nuclear attack submarine which was still in initial construction.
    Oh and they also want to build them in Australia. So no, there is no way that would be cheap.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 9874
    Points : 10017
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  kvs Yesterday at 11:33 pm

    lancelot wrote:
    kvs wrote:Australia is spending 90 billion Australian dollars or 68 billion USD to buy 12 diesel-electric subs.
    That is 5.7 billion USD per sub.  

    The Russian project 636.3 submarines were being sold to Vietnam and others for 300 million USD.   So we
    are are looking at 19 times the price.   The French submarines are in no way 19 times superior
    to the Russian submarines of this class.   No oxygen recycling or generation system for longer duration
    under water operation justifies such a markup.    This class of submarines are never going to be
    in the nuclear class.

    They could have bought an off the shelf submarine like the one the Japanese made.
    Instead they decided to buy a paper submarine which is yet to be designed based on a French nuclear attack submarine which was still in initial construction.
    Oh and they also want to build them in Australia. So no, there is no way that would be cheap.

    OK, so this story has evolved since the last time I checked. Originally they did plan to buy the Soryuu submarines for about 2 billion USD a pop.
    Now they want some sort of larger non-nuclear model. My PPP factor estimate still stands. Does Australia plan to become a submarine construction
    hub? Seriously....
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29382
    Points : 29910
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  GarryB Today at 12:17 pm

    But I would say that most plastic waste in the world's ocean is from the 3rd world which has no recycling program or even proper garbage collection.

    Funny you say that because I used to think that too but the reality is the opposite.

    When I was a kid we drank from glass bottles which were recycled and for 5c for a small bottle and 7c a medium sized bottle you could get quite a lot of lollies for 10 minutes looking around the house for bottles.

    Glass bottles lying around the place were not a problem because mostly children picked them up and returned them for the cash, and of course beer bottles were similarly looked after because you paid more if you bought bottles and didn't have a return crate of empty bottles.

    The reality is that in the third world many people earn a living finding plastic bottles of a specific plastic type that can be easily recycled so most of these places don't have a lot of plastic waste.

    The obvious question of course is that if some plastic can be recycled and some cannot then why do western companies use plastic that cannot be recycled in their products... and the reason is it is cheaper to just make new ones...

    There was a shocking layer of plastic bags deposited by the
    wind outside of parks and farmland. Even around sacred shrines there was garbage (mostly plastic) covering the sides of roads. The Ganges River
    ducts untreated sewage into the Indian Ocean. The scale is shocking.

    Plastic bags cannot be recycled, but companies in the west continue to use them.

    We used to have paper bags and cardboard boxes... then all of a sudden everyone used plastic bags for everything...

    Isolated islands in the middle of the pacific are covered in plastic bags and human waste.... and it has nothing to do with the third world.

    The west knows that Russia or China are not going to attack, so they are just running a mafia military industry, where they just sell high priced crap.

    The purpose of demonising Russia and China is to create a market for their military shit... they want India to join and stop buying Russian stuff and start buying old worn out American shit like the rest of its "allies" do.

    It is a racket right now and it will push the west behind Russia and China in military technology.

    The F-35 programme alone will bankrupt quite a few HATO states that couldn't afford their operational costs let alone buying them... but they couldn't afford to buy them without US aid and soft loans that will keep them obedient no matter what the orders from above are... your people are dying from Covid but refuse to even look at any Russian solutions... yeah.

    Oh and they also want to build them in Australia.

    That is always going to make them very expensive... and it is stupid because how many are they going to make... if they had a world market or a civilian market where they could end up making hundreds then the investment is worth it.

    They would be better off making engines for civilian and military ships they could continue to make after the 12 subs are done and earn a living off it, but how many more subs will they build... a dead end waste of money.

    The west will only listen to military force and business power , they will not listen to Putin's
    petitions of 20 years for "restoring relations" on the principle of the rights for every nation
    sovereignty

    The wests military power is based on making all its allies buy its shit for too much money.

    It is getting behind in several areas in terms of military and both Russia and China are advancing ahead... China more financially, but both are stepping in front of the US and the Americans are going to struggle to remain relevant in many areas... their production model is to shift most of it overseas... that is a serious problem against countries that make their own stuff like Russia and also China.

    The west owes more money that it earns in a year and its military budget is bloated and only getting bigger... they are hurtling towards a collapse and cannot maintain what they are doing now let alone what they have to do to fix things.

    Russia and China are quite healthy and just need to wait it out and see if the west will survive itself or not.

    Sponsored content

    Russian Economy General News: #12 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #12

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:57 pm