Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Western propaganda

GarryB
    GarryB

Western propaganda Empty Western propaganda

Post  GarryB on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:35 am

Ahhh yes, the Dr Frankenstein response... as mentioned such techniques are too fragile... first, as mentioned once in the field they could mutate and attack and kill everyone, and second the other side could take a sample and reverse its toxicity and make it target non Russians in this case...

Thing is that the Russians are rather competent in such fields too, so be careful what you wish for... Putin might have done more than just ban the export of DNA materials...
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Western propaganda Empty Re: Western propaganda

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:09 am

The mere idea France can program a virus to attack a very specific ethnic group is so full of lunacy and sheer ignorance devoid of even the slightest bit of realism and logic. That I think your mother dropped you on your head so much, you are incapable of rational thought.

The stuff I am reading from this guy sounds like the rants of someone is a psyche ward, You are even worse than Vann.

The fact is such a thing cannot be done there was testing into and found it was impossible, not in our lifetimes at least maybe in like a thousand years.

But lets look at your claim France is the leader of bio-tech and all the biggest firms are in at.

Both are FLAT OUT LIESSSSS.

Lets look at the top three.

1. Johnson & Johnson based in the US.

2. Pfizer Based in the US

3. Roche Based in Switzerland

Your mighty France isn't even in the top four, I'd need to check if it's even in the top ten in this category.

I read your posts they are filled with like 98 percent BS, that is fueled by your blind partyism.

France is our BITCH, Germany at least has somewhat of a backbone and has opposed us to a very limited degree.

Still I am an honest guy and will say France is rated second in R&D expenditures behind the United States but nowhere in the world is France number one in ANYTHING regarding this, not in top companies, not in R&D not even in the number of firms in the country.

Has for the claim all the white people survived..Lol this is BS. White People did die, but saying they all survived and all the "blacks died". There was ZERO need to mention the "blacks" it served no point to the argument you where trying to make.

You went out of your way to mention the white people survived and the black people died, this isn't the first racist remark I've seen you make towards Black people. How the heck aren't you banned?.

So staff isn't Racism banned here? because that was one Racist ass remark.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:30 am

Here are alot of very primitive people always falling into personal insults. I cant take someone serious who uses personal insults.

That said, Sanofi is one of the biggest pharma corporations in the world.

In tests CRISPR/CAS Virus was already usedbto destroy cancer. A tissue sample of the tumor was taken, the genetoc template programmed into the Virus, which then destroyed the tumor cells.

What some here claim would not be possible im 1000 years was done in France in 2014.

I would advice some here to follow very basic rules.

Ad hominem attacks are taboo and only show your own weakness. In France we have a certain civilisation level and i would like you act accordingly. When someone says something you disagree wizh, you can bring counter arguments. You usually have to underline those with facts.

People you disagree with are neither monkeys, nor did they drop on their head.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:40 am

Aristide wrote:Here are alot of very primitive people always falling into personal insults. I cant take someone serious who uses personal insults.

That said, Sanofi is one of the biggest pharma corporations in the world.

In tests CRISPR/CAS Virus was already usedbto destroy cancer. A tissue sample of the tumor was taken, the genetoc template programmed into the Virus, which then destroyed the tumor cells.

What some here claim would not be possible im 1000 years was done in France in 2014.

I would advice some here to follow very basic rules.

Ad hominem attacks are taboo and only show your own weakness. In France we have a certain civilisation level and i would like you act accordingly. When someone says something you disagree wizh, you can bring counter arguments. You usually have to underline those with facts.

People you disagree with are neither monkeys, nor did they drop on their head.

Sanofi is ranked 10th, so CONGRATS you made a truthful statement, Yes it is one of the biggest in the world.

Coming from a guy I've seen drop Racist remarks again and again, who is LYING constantly, Yeah someone like you deserves insults buttercup. I have no respect for a racist and I will not treat such people with kindness. It's quite easy to a Bio-Chem to destroy cancer cells taken away from a body, we have been in that US long before France did. That statement is worthless.

I disagree with Lying and presenting into correct information to fit your narrative which you are doing to a massive scale. Only in your dreams is France even 10 percent of what you believe.

You don't have a certain level of civilization, the old "act superior" Stick, come on get a new gimmick. Your reply was pitiful and I found it amusing.

I have provided my counter-arguments, you were lying with the bio-tech thing, I don't see why I should waste my time proving everything else wrong too.

PS Russia would bend you guys over the table in a conflict, without NATO you're nothing.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:46 am

Aristides can boast anything about his prideful Frenchness and his luxurious life, but at the end of the day it is like this.

I´m a french nationalist. France has one of the absolute highest standards of living in the world. To keep that is important. Yes alot of harsh things is done to keep that, but its worth it.

I give you one example. Madagascar is one of the poorest nations on earth. It was our former colony and still pays us hundreds of millions each year.

See ? He is proud of having a luxurious life by bloodsucking other countries to near dead.

Just like a crime lord who is boasting how he appropriate a huge amount of wealth by robbing and stolen from others.

That is the very disgusting nature of Western "civilization" who is living on blood and sweat of local and immigrant laborers, of exploitation their own fellows and exploitation of workers in other countries.

Personally I think it is no longer important to compare the "living standard" of the West with Russia/China, when we understand what is the origin and nature of Western "living standard".
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:30 pm

BTW France is ranked 27th on Living Standards World Wide Razz based on Quality of Life Index, Purchasing Power Index, Saftey and Heath Care Index, Cost of Living, Property to income ratio, Traffic Commute time, Pollution and Climate.

Hell, it's better to live in the UAE and Qatar then France.

One of the best....PFFT.

Like I've said before, I know better such BS lies don't work with me.

If there is one thing war has taught me, the more you learn the more you survive.

Garry, I apologize to you, while you are biased you at least are semi-realistic this guy is something special. I wonder if he is on Meds for mental illness with all the crap he believes about France that isn't rooted in reality at all.....that would make sense then.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Meanwhile, in France

https://www.ouest-france.fr/pays-de-la-loire/nantes-44000/pompiers-de-nantes-en-ras-le-bol-de-se-faire-agresser-6452866
    google translate wrote:Nantes. Firefighters: "We're fed up with being attacked"

This afternoon, Saturday, July 20, about fifteen firefighters protested in front of the castle of the Dukes of Brittany in Nantes. Just for the center of Nantes Gouzé, between 30 and 40 firefighters have been attacked since early 2019. (...)

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:54 pm

GarryB wrote:Ahhh yes, the Dr Frankenstein response... as mentioned such techniques are too fragile... first, as mentioned once in the field they could mutate and attack and kill everyone, and second the other side could take a sample and reverse its toxicity and make it target non Russians in this case...

Thing is that the Russians are rather competent in such fields too, so be careful what you wish for... Putin might have done more than just ban the export of DNA materials...

Reality is a bitch. Take HIV for example. There are some people who lack the molecules that HIV targets on the T4 cell wall so they do
    not get AIDS. But these individuals are not racially selected. They happen to be some fringe of the total human population. This
    underscores the fact that there are less differences between "races" than there are within the sub-populations tagged by race.

To confound the efforts of NATO genocidalists, they are targeting a European ethnic group. There is even less genetic difference
    between European whites than say between Orientals and whites or Africans and whites. This is a cold hard fact, no matter what the
    racist troll bleats. Differences in visual characteristics between humans is not reflected in the molecular structure of cells.

And as you note, if it was so easy to tag one ethnic group for extermination via DNA-specific viruses, then that would apply to the
    wannabe genociders themselves. That NATO is engaged in such genocide bioweapon research tells the world a lot about the lunatics
    running the NATO asylum.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Again meaningless insults.

France is in the top 5 of global military

https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=france

France has one of the highest living standards in the world.

Thats a simple fact. Infact i have never visited a country that was bettern than ours. And i visited many (Russia, Chile, Australia, Cuba, Bolivia, Peru, Mauritius, Seychelles, Thailand, Emirates, Madagascar, USA, Egypt just to name a few.

I´m just 22 years old but can afford to travel all around the world and have never worked for real a single day in my life. I earn my model as fitnss coach, doing
    online tutorials, model jobs and one to one training.

As for CRISPR/CAS being used in a lab...um no. It was tested in a women with terminal cancer. The cure worked. The Virus did what it was supposed to do. Killed all cancer cells. Its still in clinical study.

A bioweapon is always based on two components btw. The virus (sword) and the vaccine (the shield).

Also for the one who called me racist, im not racist.

Im a patriot. For me my nation comes before all others. France first. Thats my motto. I have no problem to see billions go down, as long my nation does great.

Never place others before your own.

I have zero problem with any other race. As long they dont stand in our way.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:49 pm

Dunno why the so called "Frog" isn't banned.

Anyway, good news.

Atlantic councel is now banned in Russia. Part of the black listing. Now anyone who partakes in it is banned from the country and anyone in Russia who partakes in it, is fined and up to 6 years in jail.

Good start.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:53 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Dunno why the so called "Frog" isn't banned.

Anyway, good news.

Atlantic councel is now banned in Russia. Part of the black listing. Now anyone who partakes in it is banned from the country and anyone in Russia who partakes in it, is fined and up to 6 years in jail.

Good start.

Would you assume we should ban RT here as well?

Why you call me frog btw?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:46 am

Garry, I apologize to you, while you are biased you at least are semi-realistic this guy is something special. I wonder if he is on Meds for mental illness with all the crap he believes about France that isn't rooted in reality at all.....that would make sense then.

Hate to say it but his beliefs are what drive the west... anyone not part of the west is basically there to serve... the west divided the world into themselves... the first world... you know civilised and technologically advanced, the second world, which was the commies and their friends which were not as civilised or technologically competent (they copied our stuff), and the third world... which is everyone else... it actually included Ireland and other non aligned countries... and the goal was not to bring everyone in to the first world of civilisation and technology, it was to define who were the hawks and who were the cattle... or should I say vampires rather than hawks...

Obviously only the elite think this sort of thing, people in washington think they have a right to overthrow governments in Iraq or Iran or Venezuela and that they are only doing it for the good of the world, the good of the people there, and their own good of course...

Regarding those who want me to ban Aristide... do you think he will change his views if I do?

Do you think people like him will disappear if they are not allowed on this forum?

Does not talking about things help either one of us?

Personally I think it is important for people to read what he says... you might not agree with what he says but you have to respect his honesty... as he says he is only 22... he will either learn to start hiding what he really thinks or he might soften his ideas, but I don't think when he gets to 40 years old he will still be saying the same things out loud...

It is much easier to work out his motives... he tells you.

In comparison the US state department, you have to pick up on clues to work out their dastardly plans and motivations... and lets face it... when you work out that Bush hates Saddam and wants control of their oil... well America is less honest about it, but just as bad or worse than France in many areas... mainly because the US is a superpower and France used to be.

As he keeps mentioning, when France murdered a civilian in New Zealand a few decades ago with a bomb, they basically punished us for daring to say something about it... they were our ally but they forced our other allies to ignore us while they punished us for what they did.

He finds it amusing that I don't forget, but you don't forget such things... look at the way Trump acts... people say he is so unpredictable... look at the way he treated Americas NATO allies and EU allies... well you just need to look at NATO and EU allies comments during the election and note that they all dismissed Trump as being an option to avoid... why should he be nice? It is the same with US media outlets, they believed their own opinions so much they thought Hilary had it in the bag, but forgot that a lot of America is suffering from the endless wars and moving production to China or India... if I was voting in the US election you can bet your ass I would have voted for Trump, but only because there was no better choice available... because the US is not a democracy... even under communism you often get more than one contender for the post of leader.

In fact in the US there is a form of communism except instead of communist party members getting to vote for party leader and getting political positions that can influence policy, the US has rich people and companies that write laws that politicians sign off on that help make rich people richer and companies richer...

Ironic that the US wanted a reset with Russia... it needs a democracy reset at home.

Truth, Justice, The American Way.

Today people are confused and think the American way is something in addition to Truth and Justice... so there is truth and there is justice and there is the American way of doing things.

It used to be that truth and justice were the american way, but now according to Hillary America has to be able to lie because the bad guys do, so it is Lies and Revenge have become the American way... and people like myself sitting down here in New Zealand are wondering why we should support you when you are no different from the bad guys you claim to be fighting. In fact your world dominant status in economics and politics and military ascendency means you are able to and in many cased actually do more harm than the bad guy. Through economic and military actions you have killed millions and condemned millions more to poverty and suffering... but you want us to think you are the good guy?

The main reason I am so anti American is because I liked what you say you stand for, yet in action, you are actually worse than those you demonise as the enemy... in fact quite often the crimes you blame your enemies for you are guilty of yourself... bad Russia interfering in US elections... it is harder to find a country on the planet the US has not interfered with and everyone except Russia interferes with US elections... Putin was one of the few world leaders who didn't try to give advice to Americans as to who they should vote for... poisoning old spys... shooting down civilian airliners... starting wars... interfering in other peoples wars to help one side or another... supporting terrorism... do I really need to continue?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:50 am

Yeah, Macron never bans RT or Sputnik from anything... and I don't remember hearing any international media condemnation at that conference for media in the UK about media freedoms... or anything about Assange for that matter.... hypocrites...

It is like calling poor people from other countries uncivilised...
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:27 am

GarryB wrote:

Yeah, Macron never bans RT or Sputnik from anything... and I don't remember hearing any international media condemnation at that conference for media in the UK about media freedoms... or anything about Assange for that matter....  hypocrites...

It is like calling poor people from other countries uncivilised...

Its certainly not civilized to call me a monkey, frog or such things.

In France we dont do such things.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi on Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:49 am

GarryB wrote:In fact in the US there is a form of communism except instead of communist party members getting to vote for party leader and getting political positions that can influence policy, the US has rich people and companies that write laws that politicians sign off on that help make rich people richer and companies richer...

Ironic that the US wanted a reset with Russia... it needs a democracy reset at home.

That could not be called "communism", Western propaganda tends to falsely label all kinds of party of power as communism and label communism as authoritarian, although in reality communistic society is the only society where power truly belong to the people.

All kinds of political party aims to get political and governmental positions, especially in the executive branch, because at the moment that is the way to manage and steer the society for the interest of the classes that they represent. Communist Party is the representatives of workers and farmers, and if workers and farmers want to manage the society for their interest, then the Communist Party has to take control of the government either by this way or that way.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:59 pm

Aristide wrote:
    Regular wrote:How would you sterilise whole ethnic group? How anyone would you carry this out?
    China could use this internally and they are very advanced in CRISP and in biotech.

By programming the virus to alternate DNA of the target to make it infertile.

We already use it to fight cancer with amazing results.

Look at Ebola. In the 2014 outbreak...all white patients survived after given the vaccine. It did nit work in blacks though.

Im quite sure that tests are running.

I'm dilletante when it comes to biochemistry - that would be my wife's field. I doubt it's that it's an easy task. There are plenty of hurdles to jump not to mention ethical ones too. Maybe in 20-50 years this will be feasible, but only when we will perfect DNA and cell engineering, but then we will risk bioterrorism from nonstate actors.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:51 am

Regular wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    Regular wrote:How would you sterilise whole ethnic group? How anyone would you carry this out?
    China could use this internally and they are very advanced in CRISP and in biotech.

By programming the virus to alternate DNA of the target to make it infertile.

We already use it to fight cancer with amazing results.

Look at Ebola. In the 2014 outbreak...all white patients survived after given the vaccine. It did nit work in blacks though.

Im quite sure that tests are running.

I'm dilletante when it comes to biochemistry - that would be my wife's field. I doubt it's that it's an easy task. There are plenty of hurdles to jump not to mention ethical ones too. Maybe in 20-50 years this will be feasible, but only when we will perfect DNA and cell engineering, but then we will risk bioterrorism from nonstate actors.

I see enormous potential in this technology. Actually its one of the biggest future tec fields.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular on Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:06 pm

Yes, but ironically it could relegate majority of population to Ubermensch.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:10 pm

Smug assertions about how western "ingenuity and knowhow" can defeat any problem including turning viruses into bioweapons is
    retarded BS. If all this "ingenuity and knowhow" was really there, then all viral diseases would have cures. Just engineer custom
    antibodies...

Too bad that today nobody has the technology to custom manufacture arbitrary molecules. All we have is yeast vats where
    the bacterial metabolisms are exploited to produce molecules. This is limited by definition. No industrial chemical technology
    exists to directly manufacture custom molecules.

But even if hypothetically it was possible to custom engineer antibodies, then that would not solve the problem that only a
    very small number of virus species are "predictable" and stay within the same biochemical framework for sufficiently long periods
    that they can be exterminated. You can't do this with retro-viruses and most viral species. There is a reason for this:
    evolution. Viruses have evolved mutational/adaptive-recombinant (incorporation of DNA/RNA updates from other viruses)
    to survive and prosper.

Any smartass NATO bioweapons designer has a problem. The viruses that can be used to target some set of specific cell
    markers are the ones that are also easiest to defeat via vaccines. The ones that are hardest to fight against are the
    ones that will mutate rapidly to attack the NATO retard that designed them. I suspect that NATO retards were inspired
    by HIV and concluded that if Russians have distinctive cell markers from NATO ubermenschen, then they just need to
    engineer an HIV variant that only attacks those unique markers. Here again, these retards should have gone back to
    school and obtained a proper education. HIV fails to work in less than 1% of humans because of large structural
    defects that happen to coincide with the HIV target. There are no such differences between the vast majority
    of NATO ubermenchen and Russian untermenschen. The whole premise of a genetic bioweapon is genocide and not
    elimination of a few percent.

It should be highlighted that no virus reads the DNA of the host. It only sees molecular structures on cell walls that
    it targets. And here is the failure point of the whole demented enterprise. At this scale there is zero difference
    between most of the population of NATO and Russia. There is no unique molecule or cell structure for a bioweapon
    virus to target. This aspect is clearly not understood by racist swine who engage in wishful thinking that differences
    between the master race and the ubermenschen extend to the molecular composition of cells.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wm-readinganthology/chapter/teaching-diversity-the-science-you-need-to-know-to-explain-why-race-is-not-biological/

https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/analysis-of-racial-variations-in-disease-characteristics-treatmen

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2004/oct/28/thisweekssciencequestions.weaponstechnology

Others say the concerns are exaggerated. "Trying to find a weapon that affects quite a few of one ethnic group and none
    of another ethnic group is just not going to happen," says David Goldstein, who studies population genetics at University College London.
    "Because all groups are quite similar you will never get something that is highly selective. The best you would probably do is something
    that kills 20% of one group and 28% of another."

Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:53 pm

kvs wrote:Smug assertions about how western "ingenuity and knowhow" can defeat any problem including turning viruses into bioweapons is
    retarded BS.   If all this "ingenuity and knowhow" was really there, then all viral diseases would have cures.   Just engineer custom
    antibodies...  

Too bad that today nobody has the technology to custom manufacture arbitrary molecules.   All we have is yeast vats where
    the bacterial metabolisms are exploited to produce molecules.   This is limited by definition.   No industrial chemical technology
    exists to directly manufacture custom molecules.  

But even if hypothetically it was possible to custom engineer antibodies, then that would not solve the problem that only a
    very small number of virus species are "predictable" and stay within the same biochemical framework for sufficiently long periods
    that they can be exterminated.   You can't do this with retro-viruses and most viral species.   There is a reason for this:
    evolution.   Viruses have evolved mutational/adaptive-recombinant (incorporation of DNA/RNA updates from other viruses)
    to survive and prosper.  

Any smartass NATO bioweapons designer has a problem.  The viruses that can be used to target some set of specific cell
    markers are the ones that are also easiest to defeat via vaccines.    The ones that are hardest to fight against are the
    ones that will mutate rapidly to attack the NATO retard that designed them.   I suspect that NATO retards were inspired
    by HIV and concluded that if Russians have distinctive cell markers from NATO ubermenschen, then they just need to
    engineer an HIV variant that only attacks those unique markers.   Here again, these retards should have gone back to
    school and obtained a proper education.    HIV fails to work in less than 1% of humans because of large structural
    defects that happen to coincide with the HIV target.    There are no such differences between the vast majority
    of NATO ubermenchen and Russian untermenschen.   The whole premise of a genetic bioweapon is genocide and not
    elimination of a few percent.    

It should be highlighted that no virus reads the DNA of the host.   It only sees molecular structures on cell walls that
    it targets.   And here is the failure point of the whole demented enterprise.   At this scale there is zero difference
    between most of the population of NATO and Russia.    There is no unique molecule or cell structure for a bioweapon
    virus to target.   This aspect is clearly not understood by racist swine who engage in wishful thinking that differences
    between the master race and the ubermenschen extend to the molecular composition of cells.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wm-readinganthology/chapter/teaching-diversity-the-science-you-need-to-know-to-explain-why-race-is-not-biological/

https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/analysis-of-racial-variations-in-disease-characteristics-treatmen

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2004/oct/28/thisweekssciencequestions.weaponstechnology

Others say the concerns are exaggerated. "Trying to find a weapon that affects quite a few of one ethnic group and none
    of another ethnic group is just not going to happen," says David Goldstein, who studies population genetics at University College London.
    "Because all groups are quite similar you will never get something that is highly selective. The best you would probably do is something
    that kills 20% of one group and 28% of another."

I believe thats the core difference between France (West in general) and East.

We always strike for more. We believe evrything is possible for us. We have great selfesteem and we usually reach what we want.

Thats the reason why we colonized the world. We are extroverted.

I think russian culture is far more introverted and less positive.

Nothing bad about that. It needs both.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:41 am

https://time.com/5629291/dueling-superpowers-rival-billionaires-inside-the-new-race-to-the-moon/

Hillarious, delusional propaganda from Time.

China has launched 3 manned rockets over the same period that Russia launched 30 and the USA launched zero.
    These private companies are nowhere near any manned mission let alone Moon or Mars missions. The ridiculous
    consignment of Russia in this field to "not worthy of mention" is beyond delusional. This is nothing more than
    "journalism for hire" by the corporate interests that own America. The same quality reporting one had in Russia
    during the 1990s and Ukraine today.

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:34 am

Aristide wrote:

We always strike for more. We believe evrything is possible for us. We have great selfesteem and we usually reach what we want.

It is far more introverted and less positive.

It's funny to read that as I know that you can't be more wrong but I understand why you see Russia in that way. I expected that as a westerner - frenchman you should know the connection Russia had and still has with your country.

Russians joined cultural European family after Peter The Great reforms.
    First it was mere imitation of everything European, but soon Russia gave it's own input towards Western Englightment.
    Great expansion, settlements in American continent, exploration of Far East can't be attributed to introvert mindset.
    Desire for Greatness was what made Russia big as what it is now. Subjugation, integration and Englightment of aboriginal tribes was manifest of Russian extrovert nature.

Now for French connection- At the time when French language was dominant in Europe and Russian church didn't use Latin so Russian aristocracy gravitated towards then popular, modern French language. Later French revolution brought around 15000 French emigrees to Russia who earned admiration by serving the Czar by joining the elite, military and eventually ruling as nobility. Unlike refugees of today, Russia received best of what France could offer. True patriots of France who were exiled, but never lost love for their country- just like Armand-Emmanuel Richelieu. If I remember correctly-  father of Russian ballet was French too. This means that Russian ideals were modelled after French ones and to a degree they were compatible. Even after Napaleon Russia didn't completely loose it's connection with France.
    But at this time it was Russia that was experiencing it's second Golden Age and French language was replaced by Russian even among aristocracy. War with Napaleon helped to mobilise Russians and it created pride, joy and admiration of their own culture. At this point Russia already could pick fruits of arts and science, no longer it needed helping hand and Russia finally had it's own heroes - Dostoevsky, Chekhov, Stanislavsky, Mussorgsky, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Repin, Levitan, Kramskoy, Serov and probably best known for westerners -  Pushkin (Wrote in Russian, but still spoke french with women like a true kavaler ), Tolstoy ( He is "guilty" of using French language in his greatest works too) and many more. At the time Russia was also at greatest size as well!
    Decambrist exile could be used as a great example of Russian extrovert nature as well - Russian military in Siberian exile went through the hardships and became successful settlers and eventually helped spread emancipation to aboriginals and helped to reform Russia.

Say what ever about Russian empire, but it's decline was human catastrophy as it brought early communist experiments. They were not kind for Russians and their "soul", but it was never extinguished. Communism was especially damaging due to disgenic practices-  it promoted averages and the not the best of society. What Russia lost in humanitarian art- they regained in physics, chemistry and biology (only after retarded Lysenkoism) as scientific environment was very competitive in Soviet Union and competition breeds the best.

What I am trying to say, that these same ideals apply for Russia as well as examples show. Russia doesn't have asian mentality - it has European one. Russians even with mongols are Europeans same as French are Europeans with all these Africans on Paris streets. Sadly now being called European invokes images of Globohomo ideology, American bootlicking and AFAIK, demographic catastrophy. I wouldn't be so optimistic about France or Europe as a whole too.

Now Russia is not under iron curtain, Moscow might be full of always in hurry bugmen introverts who only care how to fill their pockets with money or spend it in decadent manner. Even as introverts, Muscovites are very driven people who are shaped by very competitive environment to achieved highest results. No one wants to be an office plankton there and especially if you want to get good woman you have to look and earn good. Then you have Saint Petersburg (This city has French connection too) where culture, arts and relaxed life is preferred. People are more extrovert, yet due to environment they tend to prefer personal life rather endless development.

Ps. Even with isolationism - Italian and French movies were very popular in Soviet Union back in the days - especially comedies and we found French and Italian humour very close to our mentality. Louis de Funès, Belmondo, Delon, Depardieu and other 70s-80s actors from different genres were loved in Soviet Union. French movies had best car chases and action flicks. Both of my parents speak French as well as German and French were most popular, but Germans were shit at music and movies and still are to this day (0 cultural influence)
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:14 am

Regular wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

It is far more introverted and less positive.

It's funny to read that as I know that you can't be more wrong but I understand why you see Russia in that way. I expected that as a westerner - frenchman you should know the connection Russia had and still has with your country.

Russians joined cultural European family after Peter The Great reforms.
    First it was mere imitation of everything European, but soon Russia gave it's own input towards Western Englightment.
    Great expansion, settlements in American continent, exploration of Far East can't be attributed to introvert mindset.
    Desire for Greatness was what made Russia big as what it is now. Subjugation, integration and Englightment of aboriginal tribes was manifest of Russian extrovert nature.

Now for French connection- At the time when French language was dominant in Europe and Russian church didn't use Latin so Russian aristocracy gravitated towards then popular, modern French language. Later French revolution brought around 15000 French emigrees to Russia who earned admiration by serving the Czar by joining the elite, military and eventually ruling as nobility. Unlike refugees of today, Russia received best of what France could offer. True patriots of France who were exiled, but never lost love for their country- just like Armand-Emmanuel Richelieu. If I remember correctly-  father of Russian ballet was French too. This means that Russian ideals were modelled after French ones and to a degree they were compatible. Even after Napaleon Russia didn't completely loose it's connection with France.
    But at this time it was Russia that was experiencing it's second Golden Age and French language was replaced by Russian even among aristocracy. War with Napaleon helped to mobilise Russians and it created pride, joy and admiration of their own culture. At this point Russia already could pick fruits of arts and science, no longer it needed helping hand and Russia finally had it's own heroes - Dostoevsky, Chekhov, Stanislavsky, Mussorgsky, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Repin, Levitan, Kramskoy, Serov and probably best known for westerners -  Pushkin (Wrote in Russian, but still spoke french with women like a true kavaler ), Tolstoy ( He is "guilty" of using French language in his greatest works too) and many more. At the time Russia was also at greatest size as well!
    Decambrist exile could be used as a great example of Russian extrovert nature as well - Russian military in Siberian exile went through the hardships and became successful settlers and eventually helped spread emancipation to aboriginals and helped to reform Russia.

Say what ever about Russian empire, but it's decline was human catastrophy as it brought early communist experiments. They were not kind for Russians and their "soul", but it was never extinguished. Communism was especially damaging due to disgenic practices-  it promoted averages and the not the best of society. What Russia lost in humanitarian art- they regained in physics, chemistry and biology (only after retarded Lysenkoism) as scientific environment was very competitive in Soviet Union and competition breeds the best.

What I am trying to say, that these same ideals apply for Russia as well as examples show. Russia doesn't have asian mentality - it has European one. Russians even with mongols are Europeans same as French are Europeans with all these Africans on Paris streets. Sadly now being called European invokes images of Globohomo ideology, American bootlicking and AFAIK, demographic catastrophy. I wouldn't be so optimistic about France or Europe as a whole too.

Now Russia is not under iron curtain, Moscow might be full of always in hurry bugmen introverts who only care how to fill their pockets with money or spend it in decadent manner. Even as introverts, Muscovites are very driven people who are shaped by very competitive environment to achieved highest results. No one wants to be an office plankton there and especially if you want to get good woman you have to look and earn good. Then you have Saint Petersburg (This city has French connection too) where culture, arts and relaxed life is preferred. People are more extrovert, yet due to environment they tend to prefer personal life rather endless development.

Ps. Even with isolationism - Italian and French movies were very popular in Soviet Union back in the days - especially comedies and we found French and Italian humour very close to our mentality. Louis de Funès, Belmondo, Delon, Depardieu and other 70s-80s actors from different genres were loved in Soviet Union. French movies had best car chases and action flicks. Both of my parents speak French as well as German and French were most popular, but Germans were shit at music and movies and still are to this day (0 cultural influence)

I think most bad renomee of russia in France is because USSR. I think russia cant be blamed for it. Communism brings evry nation down. Look how Mao butchered chinese culture.

Are you from russia?
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi on Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:30 am

kvs wrote:https://time.com/5629291/dueling-superpowers-rival-billionaires-inside-the-new-race-to-the-moon/

China has launched 3 manned rockets over the same period that Russia launched 30 and the USA launched zero.
    These private companies are nowhere near any manned mission let alone Moon or Mars missions.   The ridiculous
    consignment of Russia in this field to "not worthy of mention" is beyond delusional.   This is nothing more than
    "journalism for hire" by the corporate interests that own America.   The same quality reporting one had in Russia

The US's self-proclaimed "victory" in lunar race is completely bullshit, even if we happen to believe that the Moon Landing is real.

The Soviet Union managed to launched Lunakhods on the Moon and did meaningful researches there. The achievements and operations of Lunakhods are on a complete different level in comparison with Apollo, In Apollo, we see a man brutally and un-scientifically dig up the soils on the moon surface, he completely disrupted the soil structure on the moon. Lunakhods never did such stupid things. We already know that soil samples collection follows a different protocol, the purpose is the preserving soil structure as much as possible.

Yes, USSR Lunakhods are for something meaningful, not a political show-off like the Apollos. And I say "if we happen to believe that the Moon Landing is real", which means whether the US really went to the Moon is questionable.
    Aristide
    Aristide

Post  Aristide on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:57 am

higurashihougi wrote:
    kvs wrote:https://time.com/5629291/dueling-superpowers-rival-billionaires-inside-the-new-race-to-the-moon/

These private companies are nowhere near any manned mission let alone Moon or Mars missions.   The ridiculous
    consignment of Russia in this field to "not worthy of mention" is beyond delusional.   This is nothing more than
    "journalism for hire" by the corporate interests that own America.   The same quality reporting one had in Russia

The US's self-proclaimed "victory" in lunar race is completely bullshit, even if we happen to believe that the Moon Landing is real.

The Soviet Union managed to launched Lunakhods on the Moon and did meaningful researches there. The achievements and operations of Lunakhods are on a complete different level in comparison with Apollo, In Apollo, we see a man brutally and un-scientifically dig up the soils on the moon surface, he completely disrupted the soil structure on the moon. Lunakhods never did such stupid things. We already know that soil samples collection follows a different protocol, the purpose is the preserving soil structure as much as possible.

Yes, USSR Lunakhods are for something meaningful, not a political show-off like the Apollos. And I say "if we happen to believe that the Moon Landing is real", which means whether the US really went to the Moon is questionable.

The astronauts placed mirrors on the moon which we still use to meassure distance. We also can see their equipment and even wheels of the lunar vehicles.

So with all rsepct...are you saying nations like France, UK, USSR ect did not follow evry step on those flights?

The moon landings are a historic fact.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:17 pm