Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Terminology of ranks post Communist

KeMac

Terminology of ranks post Communist Empty Terminology of ranks post Communist

Post  KeMac on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:55 pm

Could someone tell me how one rank addresses another superior rank now in the Russian Army? I take it that it is just the straightforward use of the rank itself and not like in Soviet times where "Comrade" would be put before the rank?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Terminology of ranks post Communist Empty Re: Terminology of ranks post Communist

Post  GarryB on Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:40 am

Hi Kemac, it is a forum rule that members introduce themselves in the members introductions and rules section.

Please take the time to read the rules and post your own introduction thread in the introductions section. Very Happy
    KeMac

Terminology of ranks post Communist Empty Re: Terminology of ranks post Communist

Post  KeMac on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:04 am

GarryB wrote:Hi Kemac, it is a forum rule that members introduce themselves in the members introductions and rules section.

Please take the time to read the rules and post your own introduction thread in the introductions section. Very Happy

Sorry. I had been a member for a long time of an older forum which I assumed was this one transferred over. I will do it now
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:29 am

KeMac wrote:Could someone tell me how one rank addresses another superior rank now in the Russian Army? I take it that it is just the straightforward use of the rank itself and not like in Soviet times where "Comrade" would be put before the rank?

Comrade + Rank

Same as in the Soviet Army

But if someone of a higher rank addresses you they can skip the comrade part

GarryB, Regular and KeMac like this post

KeMac

Post  KeMac on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:32 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    KeMac wrote:Could someone tell me how one rank addresses another superior rank now in the Russian Army? I take it that it is just the straightforward use of the rank itself and not like in Soviet times where "Comrade" would be put before the rank?

Comrade + Rank

Same as in the Soviet Army

But if someone of a higher rank addresses you they can skip the comrade part

Thank you flamming_python

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:52 am