Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+28
Tsavo Lion
Firebird
calripson
auslander
The-thing-next-door
Werewolf
flamming_python
JohninMK
jhelb
Odin of Ossetia
Viktor
Big_Gazza
RTN
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
Isos
LMFS
magnumcromagnon
Regular
GarryB
Cyberspec
PapaDragon
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Rodion_Romanovic
par far
kvs
miketheterrible
32 posters

    2020 Belarusian protests

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg


    Posts : 1252
    Points : 1347
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Oldenburg

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:13 pm

    Young people just want to earn a good wage and live a good life (nice car, house, travel abroad). Belarus under Lukashenko has given them 0 opportunities which is why they're protesting. Most of them would prefer being a janitor in Germany than living as they do.

    FTM Donbass and Crimea played an important role in Ukraine in counterbalancing the influence of Western Ukrainian nationalists in Ukrainian politics. Now when those two regions aren't a part of Ukraine, nationalists have gained more influence.

    The same also holds true for Abkhazia & S. Ossetia, Karabakh in Azerbeijan, the northern part of Kazakhstan and eastern parts of Latvia and Estonia.

    Regular likes this post

    Regular
    Regular


    Posts : 2432
    Points : 2416
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Regular Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:19 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Young people just want to earn a good wage and live a good life (nice car, house, travel abroad). Belarus under Lukashenko has given them 0 opportunities which is why they're protesting. Most of them would prefer being a janitor in Germany than living as they do.

    Pretty much. Belarus had good economy in around 2008 and it went downhill really bad.

    Belarusians go to Russia to do simple jobs and send money to their relatives just to make the ends meet
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec


    Posts : 2907
    Points : 3062
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Cyberspec Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:33 pm

    Now that his pants are on fire, Lukashenko is backpeddling on his anti-Russia rhetoric. He had a phone talk with Putin and is now even talking about how it's Russia's duty to protect him from foreign aggression citing the CSTO charter

    Russian and Belarusian presidents Vladimir Putin and Alexander Lukashenko expressed confidence that the problems that have arisen in Belarus will soon be resolved. This is reported by the Kremlin's press service.

    It is noted that Lukashenko informed Putin about the situation in Belarus that developed after the presidential elections in the Republic.

    "Both sides expressed confidence that all the problems that have arisen will soon be resolved»,- specified in the message.

    During the conversation, it was noted that the main thing is that the problems in Belarus are not taken advantage of by destructive forces those who seek to damage the mutually beneficial cooperation of the two countries within the Union state.

    "In connection with the return to Russia of 32 citizens previously detained in Belarus, a positive assessment was given to the close cooperation of relevant agencies on this issue," the Kremlin added.

    The presidents agreed to continue regular contacts at various levels, confirming their intention to strengthen allied relations. The Kremlin noted that this " fully meets the fundamental interests of the fraternal peoples of Russia and Belarus."

    _________

    In other news from the "Twilight Zone"

    I made my little investigation,

    it seems the Serbian Special Operations Unit was present and could participate at the protest crackdown in Belarus.

    Serbian soldiers were also seen in Brest. today.

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Efd3YitWsAAUBo1?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

    https://twitter.com/franakviacorka/status/1294635081752031232
    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 11240
    Points : 11387
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  kvs Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:41 pm

    This could all be NATzO psyops. Some badges and uniforms can be faked real easy. If it serves NATzO's imperial agenda, then
    it will be done.

    I recall this BS from years ago where masked men doing bad deeds were accused of being Russians. Because they wore face masks.



    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec


    Posts : 2907
    Points : 3062
    Join date : 2011-08-08
    Location : Terra Australis

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Cyberspec Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:50 pm

    kvs wrote:This could all be NATzO psyops.  Some badges and uniforms can be faked real easy.   If it serves NATzO's imperial agenda, then
    it will be done.

    I recall this BS from years ago where masked men doing bad deeds were accused of being Russians.  Because they wore face masks.


    It is propaganda. There's a sniper competition planned to be held there and a Serbian team is there for that, but they are in isolation in a Army base and didn't bring any vehicles with them. Most of the pics that this guy posted are from 2018/2019. The only one not accounted for is the 1st pic where a soldier with Serbian insignia in Minsk Aug 9 is likely staged. according to the Serbian Def Minister
    Werewolf
    Werewolf


    Posts : 5288
    Points : 5487
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Werewolf Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:10 am

    I would say belorussian language is sci-fi and not real. I've family living in Minsk and my grandmother lifes since over 30 years in a small village behind Minsk. I lived there fir 3 months, travelled to Minsk and had visited all relatives and their friends. Not once, not by Minsk people not by village folks has anyone ever spoken anything else but russian. Not even government officials when I was renewing my Visa. I doubt that anyone would even be able to call out someone based on their nationality since they are all identical genetically, by language and by mentality.

    kvs likes this post

    Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 11240
    Points : 11387
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  kvs Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:28 am

    Werewolf wrote:I would say belorussian language is sci-fi and not real. I've family living in Minsk and my grandmother lifes since over 30 years in a small village behind Minsk. I lived there fir 3 months, travelled to Minsk and had visited all relatives and their friends. Not once, not by Minsk people not by village folks has anyone ever spoken anything else but russian. Not even government officials when I was renewing my Visa. I doubt that anyone would even be able to call out someone based on their nationality since they are all identical genetically, by language and by mentality.

    Even in Ukraine it was the Soviet regime that elevated the mova to a national language. And to think that these clowns yap incessantly
    about "russification". I recall the yammering about how Russian was the main language in Kiev as if that was proof of some occupation.
    Kiev never spoke the freaking mova. Back in 1200 it was speaking the ancient version of Russian. The mova appeard thanks to Polish
    and Lithuanian occupation of Kievan Rus lands. Belorus has been exposed to the same distortion by the same real occupants.

    In case the resident trolls trot out their sanctimony, half my family is from western Ukraine and I know how the Polish regime before 1939
    treated Ukrainians there. They would be harassed via capricious taxes on all sorts of pretexts. The love affair between the current
    Banderastan and Poland is grotesque. It is a species of Stockholm Syndrome. Ukrainians working as basically serfs in Poland are
    abused and murdered today. Belorus is going down the same road to perdition.

    Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg


    Posts : 1252
    Points : 1347
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Oldenburg

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:11 am

    Russification of Ukraine was voluntary more or less. It was just like people in the west abandoning their village dialects in favor of standard French/German/Italian.

    Even today 90% of the most popular entertainment (TV series and shows, Youtube channels) made in Ukraine are produced in Russian. There is no point in produccing anything in Ukrainian if you can produce it in Russian and have access to 5x larger market.


    Last edited by Walther von Oldenburg on Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11676
    Points : 11744
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:16 am


    This would be from the same guy who posted this couple of days ago?

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 EfemQRLXYAEemev?format=jpg&name=large

    Man I do love how every single creature East of the Alps is scared shitless of Serbs Cool

    Also our guys use OG Hummers not Chinese knockoffs







    LMFS
    LMFS


    Posts : 3990
    Points : 3992
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  LMFS Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:04 am

    Very telling:

    Lukashenko said that he also agreed with Putin on cooperation to prevent the creation of a" cordon of countries " separating Russia from the West.
    "We don't want to be a latrine or a sanitary cordon," the President said.

    https://ria.ru/20200815/1575841582.html
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia


    Posts : 460
    Points : 551
    Join date : 2015-07-03

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Odin of Ossetia Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:18 am

    kvs wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:I would say belorussian language is sci-fi and not real. I've family living in Minsk and my grandmother lifes since over 30 years in a small village behind Minsk. I lived there fir 3 months, travelled to Minsk and had visited all relatives and their friends. Not once, not by Minsk people not by village folks has anyone ever spoken anything else but russian. Not even government officials when I was renewing my Visa. I doubt that anyone would even be able to call out someone based on their nationality since they are all identical genetically, by language and by mentality.

    Even in Ukraine it was the Soviet regime that elevated the mova to a national language.  And to think that these clowns yap incessantly
    about "russification".   I recall the yammering about how Russian was the main language in Kiev as if that was proof of some occupation.
    Kiev never spoke the freaking mova.   Back in 1200 it was speaking the ancient version of Russian.    The mova appeard thanks to Polish
    and Lithuanian occupation of Kievan Rus lands.    Belorus has been exposed to the same distortion by the same real occupants.

    In case the resident trolls trot out their sanctimony, half my family is from western Ukraine and I know how the Polish regime before 1939
    treated Ukrainians there.   They would be harassed via capricious taxes on all sorts of pretexts.   The love affair between the current
    Banderastan and Poland is grotesque.   It is a species of Stockholm Syndrome.   Ukrainians working as basically serfs in Poland are
    abused and murdered today.   Belorus is going down the same road to perdition.

     



    Today ethnic Poles are being murdered with impunity by ethnic Ukrainians in Poland itself. Have posted recently about it on my own forum. They are also receiving clearly preferential treatment from the Polish (?) government, and have also posted recently about it on my forum.

    Ethnic Ukrainians are also the real rulers of the present-day Poland, something that is not really known outside of Poland. Ethnic Poles in Ukraine do not run anything in that country, in Poland ethnic Ukrainians dominate and oppress ethnic Poles in their own country.

    During the inter-war period, ethnic Ukrainians were allowed to become members of the Polish parliament, had their own official parliamentary club, and their own official political parties, and their own businesses and cultural centers. Sounds like they were oppressed? But they come up with anything to "justify" their genocide and terrorism against ethnic Poles.


    Perhaps you should cut down on your lies?


    http://michalw.narod.ru/index-Truth.html



    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1485
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:01 pm

    auslander wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:As off topic do you (guys) think languages like Belarussian should be kept alive? If Belarus joins Russia, should money be actually spent on maintaining/reviving Belarussian or should it be simply left to die out?
    They can keep it as an official regional language... in the republic of Dagestan in addition to Russian there are a dozen or so other "official languages"...
    As far investing on it, I am not sure this is a responsibility of the federal government.
    By the way, how is the situation in Tatarstan or in Chechenia? Is the federal government spending money on those language and cultures?
    And what about Crimea (even if I believe the large majority of Crimeans are glad not to have Ukrainian as main language, and do not care too much if it is now recognised as a regional language...
    The important thing is that region with a strong minority do not have unfair advantage in subsidies and other investments in comparison with the regions inhabited mainly by ethnic Russians..

    In Krimea and the Federal City of Sevastopol, all official documents in regards to any subject are available in Russian, Tatari and Ukrainian. In Krimu and Sevastopol there are classes for Ukrainian and Tatari available in most schools, those that don't offer these classes are tiny schools out in the sticks.
    Hi Auslander, thank you for your reply. I read that both Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar are recognized as official languages in both Crimea and Sevastopol but I do not know how this fact mean in reality... and do you mean language classes of Crimean Tatar and Ukrainian as a secondary language or that most of the classes are in Ukrainian (.e.g also math and science classes)?

    And there official number about the attendance of kids in classes offered in these two languages?
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 31568
    Points : 32098
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  GarryB Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:37 pm

    Are you honestly trying that silly logic "A dictator is what we call it" No they aren't a dictator is a dictator and Luka is a dictator.

    It is neither your place nor mine to determine if he is a dictator or not.

    All we have to go on are protests... which are much less than 30 percent of the entire population... for all we know the 70% majority that vote him in are at home happy with their choice... which means he is not a dictator... that he is a legally elected president of the country and that these protesters are trying to bypass democracy and conduct a regime change by force... which is not how democracy works...

    I appreciate as an American you have no idea what democracy is but trust me.

    The US doing something has nothing to do with the fact, Luka cannot be voted out, learn to read, and don't bring up pointless tidbits, that literally has nothing to do with what I said.

    We don't know he can't be voted out... we just know he hasn't been voted out... claiming a few protesters in the streets makes him a dictator then Trump is a dictator and so was May and is Johnson and Micron...

    Once more there have been plenty of overthrows against governments the US had nothing to do with.

    Hahahaha not that many... very few in fact.

    Now that his pants are on fire, Lukashenko is backpeddling on his anti-Russia rhetoric. He had a phone talk with Putin and is now even talking about how it's Russia's duty to protect him from foreign aggression citing the CSTO charter

    You don't stay in power that long without realising your limits... and who your friends are...

    auslander
    auslander


    Posts : 1425
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  auslander Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:45 pm

    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:As off topic do you (guys) think languages like Belarussian should be kept alive? If Belarus joins Russia, should money be actually spent on maintaining/reviving Belarussian or should it be simply left to die out?
    They can keep it as an official regional language... in the republic of Dagestan in addition to Russian there are a dozen or so other "official languages"...
    As far investing on it, I am not sure this is a responsibility of the federal government.
    By the way, how is the situation in Tatarstan or in Chechenia? Is the federal government spending money on those language and cultures?
    And what about Crimea (even if I believe the large majority of Crimeans are glad not to have Ukrainian as main language, and do not care too much if it is now recognised as a regional language...
    The important thing is that region with a strong minority do not have unfair advantage in subsidies and other investments in comparison with the regions inhabited mainly by ethnic Russians..
    In Krimea and the Federal City of Sevastopol, all official documents in regards to any subject are available in Russian, Tatari and Ukrainian. In Krimu and Sevastopol there are classes for Ukrainian and Tatari available in most schools, those that don't offer these classes are tiny schools out in the sticks.
    Hi Auslander, thank you for your reply. I read that both Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar are recognized as official languages in both Crimea and Sevastopol but I do not know how this fact mean in reality... and do you mean language classes of Crimean Tatar and Ukrainian as a secondary language or that most of the classes are in Ukrainian (.e.g also math and science classes)?
    And there official number about the attendance of kids in classes offered in these two languages?

    Classes are not in Ukrainian and never were. There was one school in Bahxchisarai that used Tatar language but that school folded when Mejlis ran for the hills 'long about 26 February 2014.

    Schools today are taught in Russian. Ukrainian and Tatar languages are offered as courses in the main school curriculum, as are English, French and German, the later two if there is enough demand for a full class. I do not know the number of schools that offer Tatari but I would aver that what few that do are in and around Bahxchisarai, the old Tatar Khanate capitol. Ukrainian, I have no idea which schools and where offer that language, but I know for a fact that no school on north side of harbor in Sevastopol have that language class, there is zero demand.
    auslander
    auslander


    Posts : 1425
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  auslander Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:02 pm

    https://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/6100619.html?utm_source=3userpost

    Batka just administered a disciplinary corn cobbing with kerosene to the 'opposition'. In essence he clearly stated Byelorus will stand as it is for as long as he is alive and when he's dead, it will still stand as it is. Methinks there may be a deal with The Czar that Batka will stand and remain in power and if he's offed, Russian Army will immediately enter and go to the west borders, down stakes and stare at Tribaltica and The Land of Poles.
    LMFS
    LMFS


    Posts : 3990
    Points : 3992
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  LMFS Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:28 pm

    As soon as Luka has realised he was about to self-maidan himself with his "multivector" BS, he has talked with Russia and the right things are starting to happen, like those demonstrations of today. Now, taking advantage of the formation of the new government, he needs to take care of his entourage and moles in the security institutions of the country, I am sure FSB will be happy to help.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1485
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:42 pm

    auslander wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:As off topic do you (guys) think languages like Belarussian should be kept alive? If Belarus joins Russia, should money be actually spent on maintaining/reviving Belarussian or should it be simply left to die out?
    They can keep it as an official regional language... in the republic of Dagestan in addition to Russian there are a dozen or so other "official languages"...
    As far investing on it, I am not sure this is a responsibility of the federal government.
    By the way, how is the situation in Tatarstan or in Chechenia? Is the federal government spending money on those language and cultures?
    And what about Crimea (even if I believe the large majority of Crimeans are glad not to have Ukrainian as main language, and do not care too much if it is now recognised as a regional language...
    The important thing is that region with a strong minority do not have unfair advantage in subsidies and other investments in comparison with the regions inhabited mainly by ethnic Russians..
    In Krimea and the Federal City of Sevastopol, all official documents in regards to any subject are available in Russian, Tatari and Ukrainian. In Krimu and Sevastopol there are classes for Ukrainian and Tatari available in most schools, those that don't offer these classes are tiny schools out in the sticks.
    Hi Auslander, thank you for your reply. I read that both Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar are recognized as official languages in both Crimea and Sevastopol but I do not know how this fact mean in reality... and do you mean language classes of Crimean Tatar and Ukrainian as a secondary language or that most of the classes are in Ukrainian (.e.g also math and science classes)?
    And there official number about the attendance of kids in classes offered in these two languages?

    Classes are not in Ukrainian and never were. There was one school in Bahxchisarai that used Tatar language but that school folded when Mejlis ran for the hills 'long about 26 February 2014.

    Schools today are taught in Russian. Ukrainian and Tatar languages are offered as courses in the main school curriculum, as are English, French and German, the later two if there is enough demand for a full class. I do not know the number of schools that offer Tatari but I would aver that what few that do are in and around Bahxchisarai, the old Tatar Khanate capitol. Ukrainian, I have no idea which schools and where offer that language, but I know for a fact that no school on north side of harbor in Sevastopol have that language class, there is zero demand.
    again, thank you very much for the extensive answer.
    It would have pleased to me if heard that classes were also offered on Italian, since a part of Crimea used to be a Geonese colony before the Tatars... unfortunately the fake state that is modern Italy has no interest in bringing culture abroad (except for food)
    auslander
    auslander


    Posts : 1425
    Points : 1505
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  auslander Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:11 pm

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_pE1Ah8aA
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9529
    Points : 9646
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:35 am

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 EfjyIjDXYAEGiYc?format=jpg&name=small

    auslander likes this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9529
    Points : 9646
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:41 am

    Quite a good article at MoA, https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/08/belarus-this-color-revolution-is-dead-the-union-state-has-killed-it.html#more


    Video at link

    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·
    2h
    From Russia, unmarked police trucks are moving towards Belarus.


    https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1295082787658178560
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 11676
    Points : 11744
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  PapaDragon Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:56 am

    JohninMK wrote:Quite a good article at MoA, https://www.moonofalabama.org/2020/08/belarus-this-color-revolution-is-dead-the-union-state-has-killed-it.html#more...

    As always photo from above is the only thing that matters

    It doesn't change the fact that that rat Luka needs to go, hopefully Russia now gave him a laundry list of shit he needs to get done and fast if he wants them to allow him to retire somewhere as an active oxygen user

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Belarus1

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 9529
    Points : 9646
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  JohninMK Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:20 am

    Another good article, from a man who was in the trade

    https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/08/belarus/
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic


    Posts : 1497
    Points : 1485
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:29 pm

    JohninMK wrote:Another good article, from a man who was in the trade

    https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/08/belarus/
    interesting, but there is always this bullshit about Russia only exporting unfinished goods and oil


    Craig Murray wrote:
    History’s greatest criticism of Putin will be his failure to diversify the Russian economic base and move it from raw commodity exportr to high value added economy. His aims for Belarus will be to ensure it fits neatly with the template of massive commodity exports controlled by a tight knit and highly wealthy oligarchy. Putin will have no interest in the economic reforms Belarus needs.
    Again and again in the west we hear that Russia exports only raw materials ... Russia is not at all behind in the development and production of many very high value products ... and the so-called consumer products produced in Russia are often not exported (also because they would be blocked by sanctions), but in many cases Russian products are available in almost all sectors for the internal market ...

    Furthermore, Russia is one of the nations that dominates from the point of view of the scientific quality of universities (even if this is not apparent from Western statistics) ... give a few more years of peace and the legacy of the destruction of industry and the economy made by Western reformers in the 1990s they will be removed


    I also did not like Craig acceptance of his country (and his own, when he was an ambassador) meddling... yes pursuing your policy and promoting the interest of your state is normal, but if to do that you are spamming bullshit, blackmailing and destroying a country because you don't like their neighbours or just because you don't want them to live a normal life and be an alternative economic model

    This is much worse than what the Soviets did...

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 5078
    Points : 5158
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:28 pm

    LMFS wrote:As soon as Luka has realised he was about to self-maidan himself with his "multivector" BS, he has talked with Russia and the right things are starting to happen, like those demonstrations of today. Now, taking advantage of the formation of the new government, he needs to take care of his entourage and moles in the security institutions of the country, I am sure FSB will be happy to help.

    With 90% of the country against him now?

    Are you fellas that delusional?

    Any cooperation with such a plan on the side of Russia will lead to a Maidan in Russia. No-one in Russia is going to think this is a good idea just to keep Batka in power.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 5078
    Points : 5158
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:30 pm

    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:As off topic do you (guys) think languages like Belarussian should be kept alive? If Belarus joins Russia, should money be actually spent on maintaining/reviving Belarussian or should it be simply left to die out?
    They can keep it as an official regional language... in the republic of Dagestan in addition to Russian there are a dozen or so other "official languages"...
    As far investing on it, I am not sure this is a responsibility of the federal government.
    By the way, how is the situation in Tatarstan or in Chechenia? Is the federal government spending money on those language and cultures?
    And what about Crimea (even if I believe the large majority of Crimeans are glad not to have Ukrainian as main language, and do not care too much if it is now recognised as a regional language...
    The important thing is that region with a strong minority do not have unfair advantage in subsidies and other investments in comparison with the regions inhabited mainly by ethnic Russians..
    In Krimea and the Federal City of Sevastopol, all official documents in regards to any subject are available in Russian, Tatari and Ukrainian. In Krimu and Sevastopol there are classes for Ukrainian and Tatari available in most schools, those that don't offer these classes are tiny schools out in the sticks.
    Hi Auslander, thank you for your reply. I read that both Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar are recognized as official languages in both Crimea and Sevastopol but I do not know how this fact mean in reality... and do you mean language classes of Crimean Tatar and Ukrainian as a secondary language or that most of the classes are in Ukrainian (.e.g also math and science classes)?
    And there official number about the attendance of kids in classes offered in these two languages?

    Classes are not in Ukrainian and never were. There was one school in Bahxchisarai that used Tatar language but that school folded when Mejlis ran for the hills 'long about 26 February 2014.

    Schools today are taught in Russian. Ukrainian and Tatar languages are offered as courses in the main school curriculum, as are English, French and German, the later two if there is enough demand for a full class. I do not know the number of schools that offer Tatari but I would aver that what few that do are in and around Bahxchisarai, the old Tatar Khanate capitol. Ukrainian, I have no idea which schools and where offer that language, but I know for a fact that no school on north side of harbor in Sevastopol have that language class, there is zero demand.
    again, thank you very much for the extensive answer.
    It would have pleased to me if heard that classes were also offered on Italian,  since a part of Crimea used to be a Geonese colony before the Tatars... unfortunately the fake state that is modern Italy has no interest in bringing culture abroad (except for food)

    Na all the Italians were deported from Crimea to Central Asia along with Crimean Tatars, Greeks, Armenians, etc...
    And I'm guessing they all assimilated into other populations since because I've never heard of Soviet Italians. Or maybe they were sent to Italy after the war.

    1ffmm dislikes this post


    Sponsored content


    2020 Belarusian protests - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Belarusian protests

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:23 am