Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Talking bollocks thread #3

    avatar
    walle83

    Posts : 228
    Points : 232
    Join date : 2016-11-12
    Location : Sweden

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  walle83 on Sun May 24, 2020 8:06 am

    GarryB wrote:Currently there is a brand new frigate design of a multirole nature that is fully tested and in service and they are in the process of bringing two more into service status... more are on their way.

    Brand new? Try 15+ years by now.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9167
    Points : 9249
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun May 24, 2020 8:49 am

    walle83 wrote:
    GarryB wrote:Currently there is a brand new frigate design of a multirole nature that is fully tested and in service and they are in the process of bringing two more into service status... more are on their way.

    Brand new? Try 15+ years by now.

    And they still refuse to build them in more than one shipyard

    But they do regularly show fanart for nuclear carriers lol1
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25020
    Points : 25564
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  GarryB on Sun May 24, 2020 8:53 am

    Brand new in the sense that only US cruisers have fire power that could be compared... where those expensive cruisers carry more tubes but don't have better weapons... I'd say that is still pretty good.

    HATO countries have nothing similar of their own design except the US.

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9167
    Points : 9249
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun May 24, 2020 11:18 am

    GarryB wrote:Brand new in the sense that only US cruisers have fire power that could be compared... where those expensive cruisers carry more tubes but don't have better weapons... I'd say that is still pretty good.

    HATO countries have nothing similar of their own design except the US.

    Most navies have more ships than Russian one has missiles

    Couple of boutique frigates don't mean squat if anyone ever decides to shoot back

    Fortunately for Russia they have nuclear arsenal to give their Navy veneer of credibility but even that has worn away for most people

    Nobody takes their surface component seriously and handful of 15 year old "new" frigates slotted into Soviet leftovers are hardly a threat



    Also that "misspelling" of NATO isn't nearly as cool as some people think it looks

    They maybe dicks but they know how to remove enemies



    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 5581
    Points : 5573
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  Isos on Sun May 24, 2020 3:04 pm

    Most navies have more ships than Russian one has missiles

    Most navies would be destroyed by only the russian SSN easily. None would survive a direct attack on russian coasts.

    They maybe dicks but they know how to remove enemies

    Weak enemies you mean ... They couldn't do anything against Talibans, USSR, China or Vietnam.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9167
    Points : 9249
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 pm

    Isos wrote:
    Most navies have more ships than Russian one has missiles

    Most navies would be destroyed by only the russian SSN easily. None would survive a direct attack on russian coasts.

    And you just proved my point, it's not Russian surface fleet that​ does anything or has any value, it's other branches of armed forces that do all the work



    Isos wrote:
    They maybe dicks but they know how to remove enemies

    Weak enemies you mean ... They couldn't do anything against Talibans, USSR, China or Vietnam.

    Taliban: stone age, they could erase them but bad PR and all that

    USSR: dead and buried, flawless victory

    China: it's early days yet, technically they are still allies

    Vietnam: I give you this but in the end it didn't matter, they still castrated the commies


    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 5581
    Points : 5573
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  Isos on Sun May 24, 2020 7:29 pm


    And you just proved my point, it's not Russian surface fleet that​ does anything or has any value, it's other branches of armed forces that do all the work

    It's not a secret they don't see navy as a priority. As long as it can protect their shores ...


    Rest is off topic but I disagree. Talibans were already at stone age and they want to stay at that level. US didn't win.

    USSR collapsed alone. Militarly they were stronger than US.

    Vietnam lost a lot but they defended their land against the agressor. A man comes into your home you prefere to fight and get hit or do nothing and become his slave or killed ?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9167
    Points : 9249
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 pm

    Isos wrote:

    And you just proved my point, it's not Russian surface fleet that​ does anything or has any value, it's other branches of armed forces that do all the work

    It's not a secret they don't see navy as a priority. As long as it can protect their shores ...

    Which means that they are irrelevant

    Having couple of "new" frigates built in decade and a half without even making effort to build them in more than one place says it all



    Isos wrote:USSR collapsed alone. Militarly they were stronger than US.

    USSR was defeated by USA without them having to even fire a single shot

    It's the same thing that Russia did to the Ukraine in Crimea, absolute domination on every possible level, Sovs couldn't even muster the will to stay in the game

    USSR had a military which they could no longer afford to feed and clothe, they had no military strength at all

    Total defeat



    Isos wrote:Vietnam lost a lot but they defended their land against the agressor. A man comes into your home you prefere to fight and get hit or do nothing and become his slave or killed ?

    They won, no doubt about it

    But had Vietnamese had even slightly lower birthrate they would have ceased to exist

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25020
    Points : 25564
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  GarryB on Mon May 25, 2020 3:36 am

    Most navies have more ships than Russian one has missiles

    Bullshit... the entire Royal Navy is actually tiny... one Oscar II class submarine could take out the bulk of the Royal Navy just using its 24 Granits, the French navy is probably not that much better off, but if you don't count the US Navy the rest of HATO navies are not that impressive in terms of numbers or performance.

    A single upgraded Oscar with 72 Onyx missiles could rip the guts out of any fleet and make them retreat at maximum speed.

    Couple of boutique frigates don't mean squat if anyone ever decides to shoot back

    A couple of frigates carrying a modern equivalent of the AEGIS system, but with better missiles... I can understand you under rating them because Serbias navy is so powerful...

    Fortunately for Russia they have nuclear arsenal to give their Navy veneer of credibility but even that has worn away for most people

    Most people are idiots and believe what HollowWood shows them...

    Nobody takes their surface component seriously and handful of 15 year old "new" frigates slotted into Soviet leftovers are hardly a threat

    Hahahahahahaha... yes... of course Putin is building Frigates to threaten... why else would anyone need a navy... the irony is that even with onyx missiles fitted no HATO ship is safe and I am including the 100K ton super carriers.

    Also that "misspelling" of NATO isn't nearly as cool as some people think it looks

    It is spelled HATO in cyrillic... and is much more appropriate spelling because it shows their ethos...


    They maybe dicks but they know how to remove enemies

    Weak ones they certainly do, but strong ones like the Nazis they let the Soviets defeat first...

    Most navies would be destroyed by only the russian SSN easily. None would survive a direct attack on russian coasts.

    And that is all they want. If they were HATO they would demand 20 CVNs to spread the word of the Ori...

    They couldn't do anything against Talibans, USSR, China or Vietnam.

    And the Nazis... or even the Cubans and North Koreans and Iranians...

    And you just proved my point, it's not Russian surface fleet that​ does anything or has any value, it's other branches of armed forces that do all the work

    You pretending you had a point now?

    The Russian surface fleet is being rebuilt now and its primary role is self defence.... but as new ships are built it can transition to protecting foreign interests including allies from the west... but that is going to take time.

    Taliban: stone age, they could erase them but bad PR and all that

    Then they should have defeated them easily in the 20 odd years they have had troops there... when the Soviets were there the Muj were supported by a superpower (US) and Pakistan and Saudi Arabia... what is Americas excuse?

    USSR: dead and buried, flawless victory

    Yeah, but judged suicide rather than homicide.

    China: it's early days yet, technically they are still allies

    Technically China is communist and Russia is a democracy... China is on the way up and the west on the way down...

    Vietnam: I give you this but in the end it didn't matter, they still castrated the commies

    Really... because about a year ago the number of billionaires and millionaires in China surpassed the number of each in the US... which was largely helped by the fact that the number of rich people in the US is decreasing while their individual wealth gets bigger...

    Rest is off topic but I disagree. Talibans were already at stone age and they want to stay at that level. US didn't win.

    Worse than that... it was going to be a cake walk and they were going to bring peace and democracy to Afghanistan and women were going to get all sorts of human rights and they were going to drag them into the 21st century... instead they just killed a lot of them...

    Which means that they are irrelevant

    Protecting the country is irrelevant?

    So what is relevant... being able to invade 3rd world countries like Serbia and steal their wealth and make their people think they are in paradise while they are getting ass raped?

    Man. you sound like you are getting your Kool Aide straight from the nipple.... is there an NSA agent with a gun to your head or is this your new job... selling uncle sams shit for a living?

    Having couple of "new" frigates built in decade and a half without even making effort to build them in more than one place says it all

    Developing several Corvettes and Frigates and Submarines from scratch with all new technology making them all fully multirole for the first time in Soviet and Russian Navy history did take a while... made worse by disruption by problems with a gun mount and engine and transmission supply... but to be fair that 100mm gun they had problems with has the range and power of the old 100mm guns but in a gun mount the weight of the old 76.2mm guns... so it was a serious improvement in fire power and performance and therefore well worth the wait.

    Those corvettes and Frigates are fitted with the Sigma combat system... the modern equivalent of the AEGIS system.... BTW the US system is in a shambles which is part of the reason they keep running in to cargo ships in the dark because their system is broken and no one will man up and get it fixed.

    USSR was defeated by USA without them having to even fire a single shot

    The US spent trillions of dollars on weapons and bases world wide instead of on the welfare of their own people... they could have had free healthcare free education and cured cancer by now with all that money wasted and that continues to be wasted... most of their 23 trillion dollar debt went in to the cold war and looking at the 1.5 trillon on the F-35 plus extra to restart F-15 production because the F-35 is no good, plus 16 billion on the new Ford carrier class that is a dog or the 35 billion spent on three Zumwalt destroyers that are pathetic wastes of money... they were going to save money by using a gun instead of missiles but the ammo for the gun cost more than the missiles so they are not using the gun... and the LCS was a complete waste of time and money... about 17 billion last time I checked and now they are going to fix the problem by buying some Italian Frigates that actually look rather nice... actually rather a lot like the new Russian Frigates...

    Now they want an economic war with China...

    I would say in fairness it was Russia that ended up winning while the Soviet Union and most of the former Soviet States that lost...

    It's the same thing that Russia did to the Ukraine in Crimea, absolute domination on every possible level, Sovs couldn't even muster the will to stay in the game

    Russia has the Crimea and doesn't want the Ukraine... unless you got rid of 90% of the people there first...

    USSR had a military which they could no longer afford to feed and clothe, they had no military strength at all

    US(SR) had a military which they could no longer afford to feed and clothe, they had no military strength at all

    How long before that comes true I wonder... 23 trillion in debt and still printing...

    Entire navy rendered impotent because of hypersonic missiles, entire airforce rendered impotent because their IADS is based around huge vulnerable AWACS and JSTARS aircraft... I would say they are screwed...

    But had Vietnamese had even slightly lower birthrate they would have ceased to exist

    Just as well their libido kept up with their will to not be told what to do by fucking european white people... the French and the Americans... arrogant in their times and still failed miserably but all the excuses in the world...

    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4054
    Points : 4050
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 am

    Having couple of "new" frigates built in decade and a half without even making effort to build them in more than one place says it all
    soon they'll be built in the Far Eastern shipyards too.
    They also built them a few to India- even though she built her own warships before.
    Nuclear icebreakers can be armed & act as CGNs lite if need be, & not only in the Arctic; even if their reactors won't work in warm waters, their auxiliary diesels would be enough.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25020
    Points : 25564
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  GarryB on Mon May 25, 2020 7:36 am

    Their nuclear powered ice breakers would be more useful breaking ice than pretending to be carriers of any sort... there is little chance of operating real fighters from them.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9167
    Points : 9249
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon May 25, 2020 9:15 am

    GarryB wrote:I can understand you under rating them because Serbias navy is so powerful...

    Not peak power but still more powerful than land armies of certain island nations  Wink



    GarryB wrote:of course Putin is building Frigates to threaten...



    I would be welcome change of pace from barely building them at all

    GarryB wrote:It is spelled HATO in cyrillic... and is much more appropriate spelling because it shows their ethos...

    In that case write fully in Cyrillic, mixing two alphabets is rookie mistake



    GarryB wrote:And the Nazis... or even the Cubans and North Koreans and Iranians...

    1) Only cost them measly 20 million (and then they didn't even carry out proper denazification)

    2) Never went to war with them

    3) Kicked their asses and took their land until Chincoms got in the game and pushed them back only for USA to kick Chincom asses back to the 38th parallel



    GarryB wrote:The Russian surface fleet is being rebuilt now...

    It's been rebuilt since forever, and still they barely got anything



    GarryB wrote:Yeah, but judged suicide rather than homicide.

    They were convinced by Americans to commit suicide? That's even more humiliating than losing a war

    How weak and pathetic do you have to be to let that happen?



    GarryB wrote:Really... because about a year ago the number of billionaires and millionaires in China surpassed the number of each in the US...

    They dropped the communism, smart folks

    Nobody likes to starve



    GarryB wrote:So what is relevant... being able to invade 3rd world countries like Serbia

    Don't know, they never got the balls to go ahead, damn shame though, we had the whole theme park ready

    But you do like to talk about Serbia, does doing so help with digesting the fact that USA owns certain island nations who never once were able to say 'no'?



    GarryB wrote:I would say in fairness it was Russia that ended up winning while the Soviet Union and most of the former Soviet States that lost...

    USA won, former Soviet states won, USSR lost (pathetically so) and was put down like a sick gangrenous dog

    Russia didn't win anything because they didn't exist back then nor did the play the game

    Russia is a political entity born in the womb of old Soviet nuclear arsenal, it's the reason this country got to exist at all

    Without it Russia would have been partitioned and distributed among aforementioned victors to the sound of ecstatic cheers of Russian population



    GarryB wrote:I would say they are screwed...

    And yet when they say 'jump' rest of the world (starting with island nations) ask 'how high?'

    They are still very much in the game and on top

    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 973
    Points : 971
    Join date : 2015-12-30

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Mon May 25, 2020 12:06 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    GarryB wrote:I would say in fairness it was Russia that ended up winning while the Soviet Union and most of the former Soviet States that lost...

    USA won, former Soviet states won, USSR lost (pathetically so) and was put down like a sick gangrenous dog

    Russia didn't win anything because they didn't exist back then nor did the play the game

    Russia is a political entity born in the womb of old Soviet nuclear arsenal, it's the reason this country got to exist at all

    Without it Russia would have been partitioned and distributed among aforementioned victors to the sound of ecstatic cheers of Russian population

    Russia was the predecessor of soviet union.
    all the territory of soviet union (except eastern prussia/ kaliningrad oblast) and some parts of west Ukraine (formerly Kievsky Rus, but annexed by poland in the thirteenth century) were already in the Russian empire before ww1 and the 1917 revolution.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9167
    Points : 9249
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon May 25, 2020 12:24 pm

    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:...Russia was the predecessor of soviet union.
    all the territory of soviet union (except eastern prussia/ kaliningrad oblast) and some parts of west Ukraine (formerly Kievsky Rus, but annexed by poland in the thirteenth century) were already in the Russian empire before ww1 and the 1917 revolution.

    Russian Empire is dead, it was defeated and erased from existence

    Soviet Union is dead, it was defeated and erased from existence

    Today's Russia is a nation that was hastily cobbled together in early 90s and held together by nuclear arsenal alone during first decade of it's nutritionally challenged existence

    It didn't become proper nation until mid 2000s





    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4054
    Points : 4050
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Mon May 25, 2020 1:38 pm

    GarryB wrote:Their nuclear powered ice breakers would be more useful breaking ice than pretending to be carriers of any sort... there is little chance of operating real fighters from them.
    I wrote "as CGNs", not CVNs.
    Russian Empire is dead, it was defeated and erased from existence
    it imploded in 1917-22, but under Stalin it was mostly restored in its former borders.
    Soviet Union is dead, it was defeated and erased from existence
    it imploded in 1991, but there's CIS & ODKB in its place, with Georgia & Ukraine being gradually tranckated & reabsorbed.
    Today's Russia is a nation that was hastily cobbled together in early 90s and held together by nuclear arsenal alone during first decade of it's nutritionally challenged existence
    it was held together, & not only thanks to nukes.
    Even w/o nukes, if Russia got carved up & colonized, such colonization would be very costly in $ & lives. Ukraine has no nukes & yet Russia is afraid to bite more than she can chew, just stopping at getting the Crimea back & helping the Donbass separatists.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25020
    Points : 25564
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  GarryB on Tue May 26, 2020 2:12 am

    Not peak power but still more powerful than land armies of certain island nations

    Your country stood up to HATO in a direct conflict... gotta respect that... but didn't you realise that no matter what you had on hand... S-300s or even S-400s... or even F-22s you were not going to win?

    You could spend trillions of dollars on new weapons but that wont help, because their corruption is derived from wasteful military spending... you are wasting your time and doing exactly what they want you to do because they are screwing their own countries in the process... 16 billion for a new Ford class CVN could have been spent on their schools and hospitals and roads and rail lines.... they could have high speed rail and bridges that don't collapse and a population that wont go to a doctor unless they think they are dying because they can't afford $20 thousand dollar medical bills for a broken leg...

    Russia has been there and has done that... let China build a huge navy and stir the Americans to do the same... Russia doesn't need a big navy to deal with the Chinese navy or the US navy or the HATO navy... they have plenty of very powerful missiles and other weapons of a variety of types that can sink ships that can be launched from air, from land, and from small cheap ships and submarines that are not so cheap.

    The navy is to expand their influence around the world and trade safely without relying on anyone else to hold their hand... because nobody will... well I am sure the Americans will try to grasp their hand as they go under but only to drag them under too.

    I would be welcome change of pace from barely building them at all

    Now that they have settled on a few designs they can now start production in numbers... they wont be building them as fast as China is, but numbers should accelerate because they have a tested design that works... part of the value of modular design is that it should be possible to make them fairly rapidly and cheaply.

    In that case write fully in Cyrillic, mixing two alphabets is rookie mistake

    What are you talking about? The alphabets get mixed all the time... it is perfectly normal...

    Particularly amusing consider some of the other names they are called on this forum... and in my opinion full justified.

    1) Only cost them measly 20 million (and then they didn't even carry out proper denazification)

    2) Never went to war with them

    3) Kicked their asses and took their land until Chincoms got in the game and pushed them back only for USA to kick Chincom asses back to the 38th parallel

    How about the dirty truth... not only did the western allies not really do much in the defeat of Germany, they jumped straight in to bed with those unrepentent Nazis after the war surrendered and they did the same with the Japs, though they had rather more to do with their defeat... morality my ass...

    It's been rebuilt since forever, and still they barely got anything

    Rubbish... for every corvette or frigate they produce there are a dozen other support ships they are building in the background that are probably more useful in the overall operation of their naval force. For every ship they build there are piers and ports that need restoration and upgrades to make them useful... before they make 30 Corvettes and 30 Frigates then need crews to operate them... it is not simply a case of lets lay down 15 destroyers and just build them...

    What is the hurry? Why do they need these ships in service now for?


    They were convinced by Americans to commit suicide? That's even more humiliating than losing a war

    How weak and pathetic do you have to be to let that happen?

    Well why don't you explain it to us... you must be the resident expert having swapped sides to be a realist that the US always gets its way so why bother fighting.

    I think Gorby was very naive... he believed all their promises... no expansion of HATO... Russia will be welcomed in to the international community when it is no longer communist.... hell... when he withdrew Soviet forces from Eastern Europe he probably expected US troops to leave europe and go back to the US... instead they moved to Russias borders.... but at least now most Russians know the west is full of shit and cannot be trusted... something you seem to have forgotten so quickly.

    They dropped the communism, smart folks

    Nobody likes to starve

    It was the Soviet Union that dropped communism... the Chinese just made a few changes and they are still very much a communist country...

    But you do like to talk about Serbia, does doing so help with digesting the fact that USA owns certain island nations who never once were able to say 'no'?

    Hahahaha... we say no all the time... in fact they often wont play with us because of our anti nuclear policy. Most of the Billionaires and Millionaires will likely arrive here when WWIII kicks off... I am looking forward to it...

    USA won, former Soviet states won, USSR lost (pathetically so) and was put down like a sick gangrenous dog

    Yeah... I think you are wrong... the US was a lost puppy during the 1990s with no one to have an arms race against... serbia and iraq just were not scary enough... they tried to make saddam out to be a threat to world peace but they really didn't pull it off. Half of the former Soviet states wanted to join with Russia, though many wanted to join HATO and the EU too, which they achieved and what has that gotten them.... all their brightest and smartest have gone to other EU countries looking for better wages and they are getting to take in migrants from Africa...

    Russia didn't win anything because they didn't exist back then nor did the play the game

    Of course they did... they got their freedom from a lot of parasitic organisms that even today think Russia owes them a living... most of the reason the US opposes North Stream II is because if Russia stops pumping gas through the Ukraine then that will cost the Ukraine several billion dollars a year in income.... for doing nothing... where are they going to replace that... from the west of course. Belarus is no better... buying cheap energy from Russia and then selling it on to its neighbours at a nice profit for doing nothing... Russia doens't need such friends or allies.

    Russia is a political entity born in the womb of old Soviet nuclear arsenal, it's the reason this country got to exist at all

    It was the core of the SU and the only reason it existed for so long.

    Without it Russia would have been partitioned and distributed among aforementioned victors to the sound of ecstatic cheers of Russian population

    Do you mean Russia or are you talking about Yugoslavia... the SU and Yugoslavic republic joined together groups of people that didn't really get on... it was like the EU... in both cases the divorce was messy... the collapse of Yugoslavia got a lot more news time in the west but there were plenty of conflicts in the former Soviet Union too.


    And yet when they say 'jump' rest of the world (starting with island nations) ask 'how high?'

    No they don't... a quick look at Americas shit list will tell you the countries that don't conform... their so called enemies are actually just countries and groups that don't do as America demands... which is why Russia and China are on there but ISIS isn't.

    They are still very much in the game and on top

    They are playing banker and they are cheating like hell, but they are still losing, but if you want to call that on top of their game then go right ahead...

    Russian Empire is dead, it was defeated and erased from existence

    Lots of empires ended at the end of WWI, and pretty much those that survived were effectively ended in WWII.

    Today's Russia is a nation that was hastily cobbled together in early 90s and held together by nuclear arsenal alone during first decade of it's nutritionally challenged existence

    It didn't become proper nation until mid 2000s

    Ahhh bullshit, Russia was the driving force behind the Soviet Union, and after that union was dissolved Russian borders didn't move much at all.

    The Soviet Union was a group of fairly well defined components that really didn't change much except by idiotic decree like the Crimea. Otherwise it was completely stable.

    And the suggestion that nuclear weapons made any difference is delusional... the west was interested in raping the rest of the planet and really didn't give Russia a second thought... they were focused on raping Yugoslavia and Iraq... again.

    I wrote "as CGNs", not CVNs.

    Even as cruise missile carriers they would be terribly vulnerable... I would think they would be more valuable as ice breakers.

    Those container based missile systems it is rather unlikely one large container carrier would carry thousands of missiles... simply because there would rarely be thousands of targets within range at any time...

    I rather suspect the idea is to mount them on trains and move them around with long range land attack cruise missiles on board all ready to fire into Europe or the Middle East or whereever...

    it imploded in 1991, but there's CIS & ODKB in its place, with Georgia & Ukraine being gradually tranckated & reabsorbed.

    They are mostly lost... and good riddance... they were more interested in what they could get than what they could contribute... Russia shouldn't put up with that... America encourages it... so they will reap what they sow.



    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3895
    Points : 3981
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  flamming_python on Tue May 26, 2020 6:58 am

    Yeah I have the feeling Papa is going to make the classic switch from Russophile to Russophobe any day now  What a Face
    Seen it happen before. Not pretty
    Russia is not S T R O N K enough.
    Might makes right and the US & A is the mightiest of all so..
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 678
    Points : 716
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Tue May 26, 2020 8:07 am

    flamming_python wrote:Yeah I have the feeling Papa is going to make the classic switch from Russophile to Russophobe any day now  What a Face
    Seen it happen before. Not pretty
    Russia is not S T R O N K enough.
    Might makes right and the US & A is the mightiest of all so..

    Perhaps he just realised that Russia does not approve of him watching hentai that includes underage characters and so he is switching his loyalty to the side that allows for such disgusting behaviour.

    Wonder how he will react as Russia gains more and more advantages in strategic weapons to the point where MAD is ancient history.

    Well he will probably just sink deeper and deeper into delusion.... after all what good is being able to glass continents if you don't have carriers that can launch planes armed with obsolete missiles.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9167
    Points : 9249
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue May 26, 2020 9:24 am

    flamming_python wrote:Yeah I have the feeling Papa is going to make the classic switch from Russophile to Russophobe any day now  What a Face
    Seen it happen before. Not pretty
    Russia is not S T R O N K enough.
    .....

    Papa is Serbophile first and foremost

    And while I do very much like Russia it doesn't mean I will cheer every time they do something stupid and pretend everything is fine

    I give Serbia same treatment, only harder

    And what annoys me even more are fanboys with attitude that ''It's awesome that Russia f*cked up [INSERT PROJECT NAME HERE] because that means they will now have a chance to do [INSERT PROJECT NAME HERE] even better!!!''

    That crap don't fly in my book



    flamming_python wrote:Might makes right and the US & A is the mightiest of all so...

    Might does make right, remember Abkhasia, South Osetia and Crimea?

    You should use it more often, it gets results thumbsup



    The-thing-next-door wrote:...hentai that includes underage characters ...

    All hentai includes underage characters (which are also alien vampires... with tentacles)

    Keep up with the program, dude Cool



    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3895
    Points : 3981
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  flamming_python on Tue May 26, 2020 7:21 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    And what annoys me even more are fanboys with attitude that ''It's awesome that Russia f*cked up [INSERT PROJECT NAME HERE] because that means they will now have a chance to do [INSERT PROJECT NAME HERE] even better!!!''

    That crap don't fly in my book

    But that's the secret of success is it not?

    Learning how to turn a disadvantage, into an advantage Cool
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25020
    Points : 25564
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  GarryB on Wed May 27, 2020 6:10 am

    Russia is not S T R O N K enough.

    And that is a problem because for many the only way for Russia to be really strong is to basically be the US but to back the right people and make different decisions that are less selfish and more in line with their often professed morals and ethics which they trot out when listing their opponents crimes, but rarely use as a guideline for their own actions.

    It is almost like being told santa does not exist and then finding out the tooth fairy is not real either... the double whammy...

    Wonder how he will react as Russia gains more and more advantages in strategic weapons to the point where MAD is ancient history.

    Strategic weapons are international suicide... if they are used we are all likely dead meat.

    And what annoys me even more are fanboys with attitude that ''It's awesome that Russia f*cked up [INSERT PROJECT NAME HERE] because that means they will now have a chance to do [INSERT PROJECT NAME HERE] even better!!!''

    That crap don't fly in my book

    Easy to sit on an internet forum and tell them what they should or should not be doing... we don't even know half of what goes on... and complaints that they are doing something wrong only work if you can prove beyond a doubt that the problems that interfered with their plans were somehow something they could control.

    Might does make right, remember Abkhasia, South Osetia and Crimea?

    Hahahahaha... are you comparing those little actions with serious war crimes like the bombing of Serbia because apparently the Serbs were mistreating the Albanians living in Kosovo... are you actually trying to say because HATO is big and powerful they had every right to interfere in what should be an internal matter for Serbia and create a situation where the Albanians are actually doing openly what they were crying that the Serbs were supposedly doing to them... why doesn't HATO intervene again and free the oppressed Serbs?

    If kosovo Albanians get Kosovo then Bosnian Serbs should get a serbian Bosnia of their own... or perhaps attach it to Serbia?

    Clearly might does not make right... In Georgia Russia was actually responding to Georgian aggression, and in Crimea was simply allowing the local people to vote as they pleased while they kept the peace... democracy in action... if the locals had told the Russians to go away they would have... they would not have had much choice really.

    If it is right... as Crimea shows... only a bare minimum of might is needed to keep the peace.


    You should use it more often, it gets results

    Afghanistan and Vietnam show it can also result in disasters of enormous proportions...

    But that's the secret of success is it not?

    Learning how to turn a disadvantage, into an advantage

    More mature than just firing everyone and having a tantrum about it.

    Shit happens... and you deal with it as best you can.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 678
    Points : 716
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Wed May 27, 2020 7:51 am

    GarryB wrote:Strategic weapons are international suicide... if they are used we are all likely dead meat.
    Not if Russia does what the american wish they could do and builds a fullscale multilayer ABM network, the only question then would be what is the cause of victory total economic collapse of the enemy or atlantic creme brulee.

    PapaDragon wrote:

    All hentai includes underage characters (which are also alien vampires... with tentacles)

    Keep up with the program, dude  Cool




    Wait what? do thoes filth japs think it is mandatory include underage characters or is that a joke?

    I am not exactly an expert on hentai, what I know is the sort of thing you might have someone shot for.

    But is there seriously no hentai with only adults in it?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 9167
    Points : 9249
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  PapaDragon on Wed May 27, 2020 8:58 am


    This is really off-topic but we might as well rip the band-aid off while we are at it:

    The-thing-next-door wrote:Wait what? do thoes filth japs think it is mandatory include underage characters or is that a joke?

    News that flew under everyone's radar about a decade ago was that Japan finally made possession and distribution of child porn illegal and all citizens of the Empire were given one year to delete and destroy all such content they possess before ban went into effect

    Animated child porn (anything animated in fact) is still kosher in Japan

    Marijuana however will immediately land you in prison lol1

    As long as it doesn't interfere with workplace productivity and family reputation anything goes in Japan

    Japan is one seriously fucked up place

    They have some good videogames and beautiful anime series (about 0.0001% of the total output) but they also have a lot of shit you wouldn't believe



    The-thing-next-door wrote:I am not exactly an expert on hentai, what I know is the sort of thing you might have someone shot for.

    Just reading through list of hentai tags is enough to give you nightmares (I stopped reading when I reached "eye penetration" and I advise you don't start reading at all lest you want to pay the price of curiosity like I did)



    The-thing-next-door wrote:
    But is there seriously no hentai with only adults in it?

    That subgenre is called "vanilla" and it's really nice

    One I personally stick to is called "yuri" (after all I am a big fan of Russia Cool )

    But like I said watch out for for rest​ of it because there is some seriously dark demonic shit over there


    avatar
    owais.usmani

    Posts : 311
    Points : 311
    Join date : 2019-03-27
    Age : 34

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  owais.usmani on Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 am

    Never thought I would be reading about hentai in Russian navy news thread! Off Topic
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 678
    Points : 716
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Soviet Interdimentional Command

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Wed May 27, 2020 2:47 pm

    Well I must agree this is getting far off topic could one of the mods perhaps just create a new thread for this slime, it really should not be polluting the navy news thread unless the pacific fleet is involved....

    PapaDragon wrote:

    Animated child porn (anything animated in fact) is still kosher in Japan

    Marijuana however will immediately land you in prison lol1

    As long as it doesn't interfere with workplace productivity and family reputation anything goes in Japan

    Japan is one seriously fucked up place

    That is just outrageous and that the entire world has negligently sat there and done nothing about this is just disgraceful.


    PapaDragon wrote:
    Just reading through list of hentai tags is enough to give you nightmares (I stopped reading when I reached "eye penetration" and I advise you don't start reading at all lest you want to pay the price of curiosity like I did)

    Well even normal anime and computer games can go well into that realm, I guess if you want to view any japanese media you should go by recommendation only and simply never get anything without reccomendation or research.

    I wonder should someone here create a thread to list all of the 0.0000000000001% of good anime?



    PapaDragon wrote:


    One I personally stick to is called "yuri" (after all I am a big fan of Russia Cool )





    A model Serbian citizen I see do you also collect nazi militaria and paint pentagrams all over your floor aswell?

    Sponsored content

    Talking bollocks thread #3 Empty Re: Talking bollocks thread #3

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:55 pm