Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Smartphones

ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Russian Smartphones Empty Russian Smartphones

Post  ahmedfire on Sun May 17, 2020 4:28 am

What Russia needs to compete the main players like Apple ,Samsung and Huawei in the global market ?
    kvs
    kvs

Russian Smartphones Empty Re: Russian Smartphones

Post  kvs on Sun May 17, 2020 6:35 am

ahmedfire wrote:
    What Russia needs to compete the main players like Apple ,Samsung and Huawei in the global market ?

Protectionist policies for its domestic market. No foreign brands should be allowed. Only Yota phone and similar.
    BTW, various retards bitched that Yota phone was being made in China so is not Russian product. Well, what does
    that make the iPhone then?

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon on Sun May 17, 2020 7:58 am

kvs wrote:
    ahmedfire wrote:

Protectionist policies for its domestic market.   No foreign brands should be allowed.   Only Yota phone and similar.
    BTW, various retards bitched that Yota phone was being made in China so is not Russian product.  Well, what does
    that make the iPhone then?

Actually, from my understanding they were sold to a Chinese company. Besides I rather they have a phone made from a state-controlled concern like Rostec, using a Russian made OS so they cut down on data-mining and wide invasive measures on privacy conducted by foreign entities. Forget what we were told our entire lives, private companies conduct and engage in far more spying than their governmental counterparts.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sun May 17, 2020 11:26 am

Russia should have variety but can use its internal laws to ensure monopolies are not exacerbated...

For instance if you buy an Apple product you generally can only use Apple components and software, and other products are similar in the form of Windows PCs trying to force you to use certain products like Outlook for Email or the new MS equivalent.

New Russian laws demanding the consumer can choose what software to use for different jobs is a huge step forward.

I have an old Samsung phone with dozens of Apps that no longer work but still get updates. They are things I have never used but it wont let me remove them because it claims they are parts of other Apps that it needs... pain in the ass.

When I buy a phone I expect to be able to choose the apps which I like and I shouldn't be forced to use store apps I don't want and don't need... bloatware...

I can't make Samsung listen to me but the Russian government can make them and other big companies listen...

Rules on local content and software are good too.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire on Mon May 18, 2020 4:57 am

In Q4 2018, Huawei overtook Samsung as Russia's top selling smartphone brand. Huawei's volumes grew 91% year-on-year .

I guess more cooperation with the Chineese will expand the Russian market in the global market .

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular on Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 am

ahmedfire wrote:In Q4 2018, Huawei overtook Samsung as Russia's top selling smartphone brand. Huawei's volumes grew 91% year-on-year .

I guess more cooperation with the Chineese will expand the Russian market in the global market .

Chinese will never let Russians in.. They are winning with their cheap yet quite decent phones.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:20 am