Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Requiem Debaltsyevo 5 years ago now.

auslander
    auslander

Requiem Debaltsyevo 5 years ago now. Empty Requiem Debaltsyevo 5 years ago now.

Post  auslander on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:52 pm

A battle lost, a war lost. Destruction, the civilians in Debaltsyevo getting what little aid could be given them, the children, the end of Ukraine Army. They have never recovered from this disaster, a disaster of their own making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PApd0CrWzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0OZ0czdZEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V9B8mD32zQ

The orcs given an arrangement, they were to withdraw leaving all their armor, arty, supply, everything but one ruck and personal weapon. The first two units followed the rules. The rest didn't and were slaughtered.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Requiem Debaltsyevo 5 years ago now. Empty Re: Requiem Debaltsyevo 5 years ago now.

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:15 pm

I remember that one

When firing squad changes their mind and lets you off the hook under condition that you walk away slowly last thing you do is sprint

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Requiem Debaltsyevo 5 years ago now. Empty Re: Requiem Debaltsyevo 5 years ago now.

Post  JohninMK on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:09 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    I remember that one

When firing squad changes their mind and lets you off the hook under condition that you walk away slowly last thing you do is sprint

Me too. That was in the days of MP.net. What an archive that was.

Very sad watching it unfolding. Still sadder that it is still going on.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:03 am

That was the second time Merkel and Golland came running to VVP. First out was the golden pheasants, the Americans, Brits and Poles, sans anything but their rucks and personal weapon. They left some really interesting goodies, most new in box, laying around in a village technically in Debaltsyevo proper. The orcs got what they deserved, in spades. It's possible our two daughters' family was killed by a Grad packet from just north of Debaltsyevo, mother, father, grandmother, four dogs and six neighbors, all on the same floor of the flats building. There wasn't a single DNR soldier within two kilometers of their flat, but you can see from the vids that the orcs destroyed everything they could all along the salient. I don't feel sorry for a one of them.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:40 am

That must have been hard on you at the time and probably still is really tough to write.

There seems to be a wide seam of evil that runs through the orcs. Did any pheasants not make it out? Couldn't understand the words but the pictures said too much.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:38 pm

The mother and father, we knew them from the dog show circuit. The two girls, teenagers, had been sent to safety in Rostov the day before.The mother and my wife were communicating with each other through a secure system that few knew about the next evening and the mother had just told my wife that the girls were sent to safety when the system fell. It was not unusual, it happened from time to time. It was two days before we knew what had happened and it took us two weeks to find the girls and take them to deep succor with the other two girls, the ones who with their brother we got out after Strelkov retreated in July of '14. Needless to say, emotions run high about that murder.

There was Brits, Americans and Poles, so I've been told. All made it out unscathed....this time. Sometimes they have not been so lucky. When a disaster is impending, they are the first to evacuate and if needs be quiet arrangements are made to get them out to safety. When taken prisoner, which happens often, they are quietly exchanged.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:02 pm