Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+68
Krepost
ALAMO
Broski
marcellogo
Azi
auslander
miroslav
thegopnik
Finty
Mir
mavaff
Russian_Patriot_
Lurk83
Kiko
nero
flamming_python
PapaDragon
The_Observer
RTN
gbu48098
thedrunkengeneral
Firebird
ARYGER
zardof
limb
bren_tann
lyle6
slasher
mnztr
The-thing-next-door
Backman
calripson
AMCXXL
Big_Gazza
kvs
Sujoy
lancelot
Gomig-21
ult
LMFS
medo
owais.usmani
TheArmenian
ultimatewarrior
Arrow
Mindstorm
franco
d_taddei2
Viktor
JohninMK
walle83
Austin
PhSt
Tsavo Lion
magnumcromagnon
Gibraltar
Rodion_Romanovic
George1
Cyberspec
dino00
Singular_Transform
Vann7
Hole
hoom
miketheterrible
x_54_u43
marat
SeigSoloyvov
72 posters

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2096
    Points : 2098
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  ALAMO Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:05 am

    Finty my good lad, as I love your contribution, and really notice the common sense of your expression, please consider my deep regrate that you are forced to read bullshit your daily press delivers, plus the shit that fills your decision-makers heads cry
    "flexing muscles" is hardly a comment toward someone, who can wipe off your entire fleet in one passage of one regiment of naval aviation ... Without refueling.

    LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12452
    Points : 12512
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:15 am

    ALAMO wrote:Finty my good lad, as I love your contribution, and really notice the common sense of your expression, please consider my deep regrate that you are forced to read bullshit your daily press delivers, plus the shit that fills your decision-makers heads cry
    "flexing muscles" is hardly a comment toward someone, who can wipe off your entire fleet in one passage of one regiment of naval aviation ... Without refueling.

    To his defence he is not the one writing the articles

    But yeah, author really is clueless

    And last time I checked country is called Russia not Putin...


    ALAMO likes this post

    avatar
    ALAMO


    Posts : 2096
    Points : 2098
    Join date : 2014-11-25

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  ALAMO Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:23 am

    Of course, there is no need for him to defend himself in any manner.
    Opposite.
    I feel a deep regrate, that morons rule most of us, keeping the sane people apart.

    GarryB and PapaDragon like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12452
    Points : 12512
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:43 am


    K-3 (first USSR nuke sub) being prepared for relocation to Krondstad for conversion to museum ship

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 23-9889853-20-07-2021-15-32-00

    Rector segment has been replaced with a blank hull and disposed of (light pink part)

    Older photo:

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 22-9888633-leninskij-komsomol-5-2048x1366-1-1100x610

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, ALAMO and Hole like this post

    avatar
    limb


    Posts : 781
    Points : 799
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  limb Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:02 pm

    Now if they preserve the kashin, kara, and sovremenny destroyers too it would be the best naval museum in the world.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12452
    Points : 12512
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:03 pm

    limb wrote:Now if they preserve the kashin, kara, and sovremenny destroyers too it would be the best naval museum in the world.

    They already have Sovremeni in Krondshtad and last Kashin is preserved in Sevastopol

    Karas are all scraped, too big to maintain as museum with very little history behind them

    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic


    Posts : 1605
    Points : 1589
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:39 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    limb wrote:Now if they preserve the kashin, kara, and sovremenny destroyers too it would be the best naval museum in the world.

    They already have Sovremeni in Krondshtad and last Kashin is preserved in Sevastopol

    Karas are all scraped, too big to maintain as museum with very little history behind them

    For Karas you are probably right but I would gladly pay a ticket to Saint Petersburg or to Sevastopol to see the Slava class cruiser Moskva when he will be retired.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12452
    Points : 12512
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:19 pm

    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    limb wrote:Now if they preserve the kashin, kara, and sovremenny destroyers too it would be the best naval museum in the world.

    They already have Sovremeni in Krondshtad and last Kashin is preserved in Sevastopol

    Karas are all scraped, too big to maintain as museum with very little history behind them

    For Karas you are probably right but I would gladly pay a ticket to Saint Petersburg or to Sevastopol to see the Slava class cruiser Moskva when he will be retired.

    Moskva did serve in Syria so they might have something there and there's plenty of time but it's gonna cost a boatload
    auslander
    auslander


    Posts : 1566
    Points : 1646
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  auslander Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:40 pm

    Fleet Day, Sevastopol, 25.07.21. TPTB said a few weeks ago that they would not have the holiday this year. Apparently Black Sea Flot told them otherwise, ergo a week ago it was announced a go for today.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXgMTcyMU8I

    GarryB likes this post

    franco
    franco


    Posts : 5239
    Points : 5271
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  franco Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:05 pm

    auslander wrote:Fleet Day, Sevastopol, 25.07.21. TPTB said a few weeks ago that they would not have the holiday this year. Apparently Black Sea Flot told them otherwise, ergo a week ago it was announced a go for today.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXgMTcyMU8I

    So who has the power again russia

    GarryB likes this post

    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_


    Posts : 1286
    Points : 1300
    Join date : 2021-06-08

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Russian_Patriot_ Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:55 pm

    Some history:

    In St. Petersburg, a bas-relief dedicated to the victory of the Russian fleet over the Turkish one in the Chesma Bay, July 7, 1770, was opened in the Admiralty building.

    "There are many significant events in the military history of the Fatherland that cause a sense of pride for the country and its Navy. Among them is the triumphant victory of Russian sailors in the Battle of Chesma on July 7, 1770" - the Russian Defense Minister said at the opening ceremony of the bas-relief.

    He noted that the crushing defeat of the Turkish squadron, which is superior in the number of ships and gun power, was inflicted by the Russian fleet thanks to brilliant naval decisions and the unparalleled steadfastness and bravery of officers and sailors.
    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Img_2084
    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Img_2085
    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Img_2086

    AMCXXL likes this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 2083
    Points : 2087
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Mir Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:00 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Karas are all scraped, too big to maintain as museum with very little history behind them


    Just a side note but I've always wondered why the Soviet Navy opted to use most of the Kara class cruisers in the Black Sea/Med, whilst they operated most of the older and much smaller Kresta2's in the Northern Fleet? Both of them served in the Pacific (3 each) though.

    I would have used most of the Kresta 2's in the Black Sea/Med.
    lyle6
    lyle6


    Posts : 1264
    Points : 1264
    Join date : 2020-09-14
    Location : Philippines

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  lyle6 Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:17 pm

    Mir wrote:

    Just a side note but I've always wondered why the Soviet Navy opted to use most of the Kara class cruisers in the Black Sea/Med, whilst they operated most of the older and much smaller Kresta2's in the Northern Fleet? Both of them served in the Pacific (3 each) though.

    I would have used most of the Kresta 2's in the Black Sea/Med.
    Probably has to do with where they are built (and maintained). The Kara class cruisers were built in a Ukrainian shipyard, while the Kresta 2s were built in St. Petersburg. Would be awfully inconvenient to have to transit almost half-way around the globe just to get something fixed, don't you think?
    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 2083
    Points : 2087
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Mir Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:31 pm

    lyle6 wrote:
    Mir wrote:

    Just a side note but I've always wondered why the Soviet Navy opted to use most of the Kara class cruisers in the Black Sea/Med, whilst they operated most of the older and much smaller Kresta2's in the Northern Fleet? Both of them served in the Pacific (3 each) though.

    I would have used most of the Kresta 2's in the Black Sea/Med.
    Probably has to do with where they are built (and maintained). The Kara class cruisers were built in a Ukrainian shipyard, while the Kresta 2s were built in St. Petersburg. Would be awfully inconvenient to have to transit almost half-way around the globe just to get something fixed, don't you think?

    Yes I thought about that BUT both these ship classes served in the Pacific as well - but yes I guess that makes sense.
    As a youngster I remember those Krestas actually transited around the Cape of Good Hope a few times as well, so they must have had reasonably good sea keeping qualities despite being a bit top heavy.
    LMFS
    LMFS


    Posts : 4707
    Points : 4707
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  LMFS Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:22 am

    Six ships and submarines are planned to be laid in Russia on August 9-10

    Two "strategists" will be laid down at PO "Sevmash", two corvettes - at the Amur shipyard, two "Varshavyanki" - at "Admiralty shipyards", a source said.

    MOSCOW, July 30. / TASS /. It is planned to lay down six ships and submarines at the enterprises of the United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) on August 9-10. This was reported to TASS by a source in the shipbuilding industry.

    "At the moment there is no exact date yet, but it is planned that on August 9-10 two strategic nuclear submarine missile cruisers of project 955A Borey-A, two corvettes of project 20380, two submarines of project 636.3 will be laid down," he said. adding that earlier it was supposed to do this on the eve of May 9.

    According to the interlocutor of the agency, two "strategists" will be laid down at the Sevmash production plant, two corvettes at the Amur shipyard, and two Varshavyanki at the Admiralty shipyards.

    The submarines Dmitry Donskoy and Prince Potemkin will be laid down at Sevmash, the submarines Mozhaisk and Yakutsk (the fifth and sixth boats in a series of six Project 636.3 ships for the Pacific Fleet) at the Admiralty Shipyards. to the bookmark the corvettes of the project 20380 were named "Grozny" and "Buyny".

    TASS has no official comments from USC enterprises.

    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/12021127

    GarryB, franco, dino00, Big_Gazza, AMCXXL, Hole and Russian_Patriot_ like this post

    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 1491
    Points : 1485
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Arrow Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:03 am

    New fregate project 22350M will be laid down in 2023 Very Happy

    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/12030371

    franco, dino00, Big_Gazza, LMFS, TMA1, Russian_Patriot_ and Mir like this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 2083
    Points : 2087
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Mir Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:25 am

    I don't think they are going to waste too much space in the huge new "boathouse" for too long! Smile

    TMA1 likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12452
    Points : 12512
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:10 pm

    Mir wrote:I don't think they are going to waste too much space in the huge new "boathouse" for too long! Smile

    Couple of more Gorshkovs would fill it up nicely until 2023

    Big_Gazza and TMA1 like this post

    LMFS
    LMFS


    Posts : 4707
    Points : 4707
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  LMFS Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:34 pm

    Arrow wrote:New fregate project 22350M will be laid down in 2023 Very Happy

    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/12030371

    FUKUS becoming ****-us?? pirat

    TMA1 likes this post

    AMCXXL
    AMCXXL


    Posts : 560
    Points : 560
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  AMCXXL Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:44 am

    Apparently some of the junk that Ukraine left in Crimea has been repaired and could be incorporated into the Russian Navy.


    https://diana-mihailova.livejournal.com/6801818.html

    The flag and jack of the Russian Navy were raised on the large landing ship of the Ukrainian Navy "Konstantin Olshansky" board number 402
    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 31-9914293-olshanskij-.


    The "russian aggressor" has kindly painted the large landing ship of the Ukrainian Navy "Konstantin Olshansky", which is stationed in Sevastopol. The ship also received the tail number 402. The flag and jack of the Russian Navy were raised above the ship.

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 31-9914369-olshanskij-


    BDK-56 is a Soviet large landing ship of project 775. Built in Poland by order of the USSR, in 1985 it became part of the Black Sea Fleet. In 1991 it was named "Konstantin Olshansky". During the division of the Black Sea Fleet in 1997, it went to Ukraine; in 2014 he was interned by Russia in Sevastopol.

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Regnum_picture_1515701131185162_normal
    In the Naval Forces of Ukraine he wore the side number U402.

    Since 2014, he remains interned, since the conditions for the return of the BDK cannot be agreed with the government of Ukraine.

    The ship was painted in the colors of the Russian Navy, it was repaired and restored, including two diesel engines, one of which did not work even before the events in Crimea, and the second was damaged by the Ukrainian crew. A new crew has been formed.

    GarryB, franco, George1, flamming_python, dino00, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 6974
    Points : 7052
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:06 am

    Excellent

    Large landing ships are at a premium in Russia. The Ivan Gren is the only post-Soviet class they've introduced into service thus far, and they're not building them at a particularly fast pace it must be said

    So even an 80s Ropucha-class vessel is welcomed

    In Ukrainian service it would only have continued to rot in any case

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    avatar
    Azi


    Posts : 587
    Points : 579
    Join date : 2016-04-05

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Azi Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:48 pm

    Arrow wrote:New fregate project 22350M will be laid down in 2023 Very Happy

    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/12030371
    WOW! 8 UKSK (64 cells) is massive strike power for a warship, even more firepower than Arleigh Burke-class. So project 22350M will be Russias new destroyer.

    And what I noticed is that the speed of shipbuilding has increased enormously in Russia and they found finally their favorite ship classes Smile Good progress! Good work! thumbsup

    slasher and Finty like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 3606
    Points : 3604
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Big_Gazza Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 pm

    AMCXXL wrote:Apparently some of the junk that Ukraine left in Crimea has been repaired and could be incorporated into the Russian Navy.


    At least something could be saved. Most Uki gear had been so neglected that it was fit for nothing except scrapping.

    The Konstantin Olshansky in "moskal" colours must have those Banderite Nazi bastards literally shaking in rage Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

    russia

    GarryB, AMCXXL and LMFS like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12452
    Points : 12512
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:57 pm

    AMCXXL wrote:...The ship was painted in the colors of the Russian Navy, it was repaired and restored, including two diesel engines, one of which did not work even before the events in Crimea, and the second was damaged by the Ukrainian crew. A new crew has been formed.

    404s can't even damage ther own ship properly No

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, zepia, JohninMK and lyle6 like this post

    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 33900
    Points : 34418
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  GarryB Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:12 am

    WOW! 8 UKSK (64 cells) is massive strike power for a warship, even more firepower than Arleigh Burke-class. So project 22350M will be Russias new destroyer.

    We can't be sure that these are not just heavy frigates... corvettes are getting bigger and clearly frigates are too, but I rather suspect their Destroyers will be impressive... as will any new cruisers they lay down.

    Sponsored content


    Russian Navy: Status and News #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian Navy: Status and News #5

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:43 pm