TheArmenian wrote:Some news bits :
- The Georgy Kurbatov minesweeper will be launched during June 2020. This is the project 12700 vessel that burned at the plant during construction. The damage has been repaired.
- The 8th project 12700 minesweeper will be laid down this summer
- Yantar shipyard is building 2 project 11356 frigates for the Indian navy. These are the ex- Admirals Butakov and Istomin. It is now confirmed that they will have Ukrainian engines.
- The project 20380 corvette Retivy that was launched earlier this March is destined to the Black Sea fleet.
- A project 22160 class ship is very active in the East Mediterranean, it was seen recently in the port of Tartous, Syria. Probably the D. Rogachov.
- The veteran Smetlivy will no longer sail. She is now being fitted as a museum ship.
- The 7500 tons project 23700 Rescue vessel Voevoda will begin sea trials this fall.
- The Black Sea Fleet will receive the 3500 T project 03182 tanker Vice Admiral Pomarov at the end of this year or early next year.
So it looks like Priboy class helicopter carrier and Admiral Gorshkov frigate will be delayed to next year at least due to COVID. Also the fate of the first Gremyashchiy class corvette is in question after unsatisfactory sea trial.