Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+67
Backman
Yugo90
limb
Big_Gazza
Arrow
LMFS
The-thing-next-door
x_54_u43
ultimatewarrior
william.boutros
mnztr
calripson
Admin
southpark
bolshevik345
magnumcromagnon
verkhoturye51
George1
Labrador
Gibraltar
dino00
Honesroc
Tsavo Lion
Tingsay
flamming_python
GarryB
miketheterrible
Hole
GunshipDemocracy
Russian Patriot
Isos
kumbor
zardof
BM-21
Azi
Peŕrier
Luq man
AlfaT8
KiloGolf
KomissarBojanchev
Rodion_Romanovic
Benya
TheArmenian
SeigSoloyvov
franco
hoom
PapaDragon
kvs
chicken
miroslav
JohninMK
sepheronx
marat
Vann7
max steel
ult
Cyberspec
Project Canada
zg18
Glyph
Mike E
2SPOOKY4U
medo
artjomh
Cucumber Khan
Viktor
Austin
71 posters

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    zg18
    zg18


    Posts : 891
    Points : 963
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  zg18 Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:24 pm

    Pella shipyard

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 DCbyJRxUIAEHMRu

    https://twitter.com/Rogozin/status/875653517901414401
    avatar
    hoom


    Posts : 2353
    Points : 2341
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:47 am

    Rapidly getting ship-shape bounce
    avatar
    hoom


    Posts : 2353
    Points : 2341
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:15 pm

    Another pic via Balancers, 2nd boat behind
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 16-5093937-f-czaxos5yywrpa2fslnj1l2k2mdkvmtcwni83ny8yzgq1zgu1mdfkntquanbnp19fawq9otq4nzm-
    avatar
    hoom


    Posts : 2353
    Points : 2341
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:28 am

    Couple of pics during Rogozin visit to Pella via Bastion-karpenko http://bastion-karpenko.ru/pella/
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 PELLA_ROGOZIN_170619_01
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 PELLA_ROGOZIN_170619_03
    avatar
    hoom


    Posts : 2353
    Points : 2341
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:59 am

    Some pics from More at Feodosia
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 30-5141061-ddldmncw0aaw85v
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Ms2_9257-jpg
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 DDk_FKJXUAEGx9B

    Via Balancer this is apparently the engine unit for 22800, 3 per ship
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 30-5141853-m507a-3d-pechat
    avatar
    hoom


    Posts : 2353
    Points : 2341
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:41 am

    Bunch of model pics from IMDS http://bastion-karpenko.ru/project-22800-imds-2017/
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 22800_MVMS-2017_170628_01
    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 12882
    Points : 13029
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Kanada

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  kvs Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:05 pm

    hoom wrote:Some pics from More at Feodosia

    Via Balancer this is apparently the engine unit for 22800, 3 per ship
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 30-5141853-m507a-3d-pechat

    No need for import substitution for these babies. These star-shaped diesels have been built in St. Petersburg by Zvezda since the 1970s.
    (http://www.zvezda.spb.ru/index.php/en/)
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12216
    Points : 12276
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:43 am


    Crane that will be installed on Karakurts:

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/95610/
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 ZmxvdHByb20ucnUvdXBsb2FkL3Jlc2l6ZV9jYWNoZS9tZWRpYWxpYnJhcnkvNzY0LzEwMDBfNzAwXzFkNjVjZjhhOWQ2MDZkNTNjM2JlMWJkNDUzNmM5ZGNlMS9JTUdfMjAxNzA3MDJfMTYzMjQ2LmpwZz9fX2lkPTk1NjEw
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest


    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Guest Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:04 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Crane that will be installed on Karakurts:

    https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/95610/
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 ZmxvdHByb20ucnUvdXBsb2FkL3Jlc2l6ZV9jYWNoZS9tZWRpYWxpYnJhcnkvNzY0LzEwMDBfNzAwXzFkNjVjZjhhOWQ2MDZkNTNjM2JlMWJkNDUzNmM5ZGNlMS9JTUdfMjAxNzA3MDJfMTYzMjQ2LmpwZz9fX2lkPTk1NjEw

    Was about time, was always annoyed seeing German and South Korean cranes on Russian ships,
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian


    Posts : 1883
    Points : 2030
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  TheArmenian Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:33 am

    Apparently, Zelenodolsk shipyard has laid down 2 Karakurts without announcement during 2016.
    That brings the number of ships already laid down in Pella, More and Zelenodolsk to a total of 8.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2718855.html

    From other sources, I am hearing the names are Tsiklon and Musson.
    I am also hearing that these two may be actually building in Kerch (wihich belongs to Zelenodolsk).
    avatar
    hoom


    Posts : 2353
    Points : 2341
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:27 pm

    Apparently, Zelenodolsk shipyard has laid down 2 Karakurts without announcement during 2016.
    Interesting Cool
    I wonder why BMPD used this image?
    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 4446327_original
    Seem to recall that was a competing design? Or might Zelenodolsk be making their own variant?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12216
    Points : 12276
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:43 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:Apparently, Zelenodolsk shipyard has laid down 2 Karakurts without announcement during 2016.
    That brings the number of ships already laid down in Pella, More and Zelenodolsk to a total of 8.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2718855.html

    From other sources, I am hearing the names are Tsiklon and Musson.
    I am also hearing that these two may be actually building in Kerch (wihich belongs to Zelenodolsk).


    So that would officially be third shipyard where these vessels are built?

    This is how you get things done.

    We can now say that construction of missile ships has been permanently solved. Hopefully corvettes and frigates are next.  thumbsup
    Benya
    Benya


    Posts : 526
    Points : 528
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Benya Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:03 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:Apparently, Zelenodolsk shipyard has laid down 2 Karakurts without announcement during 2016.
    That brings the number of ships already laid down in Pella, More and Zelenodolsk to a total of 8.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2718855.html

    From other sources, I am hearing the names are Tsiklon and Musson.
    I am also hearing that these two may be actually building in Kerch (wihich belongs to Zelenodolsk).


    So that would officially be third shipyard where these vessels are built?

    This is how you get things done.

    We can now say that construction of missile ships has been permanently solved. Hopefully corvettes and frigates are next.  thumbsup

    Actually, currently only the "Tsiklon" will be built at Zaliv Shipyard (Kerch), the remaining ones with awarded contracts ("Musson", "Passat", "Briz", "Tornado" and "Smerch") will be built at Zelenodolsk, according to Business-Gazeta.ru: https://www.business-gazeta.ru/article/318577
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12216
    Points : 12276
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:56 pm

    Benya wrote:........
    Actually, currently only the "Tsiklon" will be built at Zaliv Shipyard (Kerch), the remaining ones with awarded contracts ("Musson", "Passat", "Briz", "Tornado" and "Smerch") will be built at Zelenodolsk, according to Business-Gazeta.ru: https://www.business-gazeta.ru/article/318577

    So that would mean that Karakurts are built simultaneously at Pella, More, Zaliv and Zelenodolsk?
    Benya
    Benya


    Posts : 526
    Points : 528
    Join date : 2016-06-05
    Location : Budapest, Hungary

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Benya Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:33 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:

    So that would mean that Karakurts are built simultaneously at Pella, More, Zaliv and Zelenodolsk?

    For a while, yes. If the MoD decides to order even more of them, they could be built there in Zaliv, or maybe at the Yaroslavl Shipyard, albeit it has a small shipbuilding capacity, it could also build corvettes with little to no efforts if necessary.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic


    Posts : 1587
    Points : 1571
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:32 am

    Benya wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:Apparently, Zelenodolsk shipyard has laid down 2 Karakurts without announcement during 2016.
    That brings the number of ships already laid down in Pella, More and Zelenodolsk to a total of 8.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2718855.html

    From other sources, I am hearing the names are Tsiklon and Musson.
    I am also hearing that these two may be actually building in Kerch (wihich belongs to Zelenodolsk).


    So that would officially be third shipyard where these vessels are built?

    This is how you get things done.

    We can now say that construction of missile ships has been permanently solved. Hopefully corvettes and frigates are next.  thumbsup

    Actually, currently only the "Tsiklon" will be built at Zaliv Shipyard (Kerch), the remaining ones with awarded contracts ("Musson", "Passat", "Briz", "Tornado" and "Smerch") will be built at Zelenodolsk, according to Business-Gazeta.ru: https://www.business-gazeta.ru/article/318577

    Zelenodolsk, Pella and Feodosia are perfect for these small ships. As soon as it is possible I would like to see something bigger (Frigate or destroyer) made in Zaliv.

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12216
    Points : 12276
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:58 am

    Benya wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

    So that would mean that Karakurts are built simultaneously at Pella, More, Zaliv and Zelenodolsk?

    For a while, yes. If the MoD decides to order even more of them, they could be built there in Zaliv, or maybe at the Yaroslavl Shipyard, albeit it has a small shipbuilding capacity, it could also build corvettes with little to no efforts if necessary.

    I saw on sdelanounas that Russia has loads of these small shipyards that build cargo and river ships

    If they throw any of them in the Naval supply chain it will be excellent
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7403
    Points : 7377
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  miketheterrible Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 am

    https://sputniknews.com/military/201707131055513223-karakurt-missile-corvette/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy


    Posts : 5335
    Points : 5359
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:10 am

    miketheterrible wrote:https://sputniknews.com/military/201707131055513223-karakurt-missile-corvette/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

    The ship is great but still is missing anything to protect from subs, no self defense weapon. Knowing Russian specifics large distances, sparsely scattered naval bases I want to believe they always will be protected from subs by other ships.
    avatar
    hoom


    Posts : 2353
    Points : 2341
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  hoom Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:35 am

    Well there's only so much that can be done within 900tons...
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 33244
    Points : 33758
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  GarryB Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:02 pm

    What are you talking about it says in that article it has UKSK universal launchers for their Onyx or Kalibr missiles.

    That means it can carry the 91RE1 anti sub ballistic missile to deliver a torpedo into the water against any enemy sub spotted within 50km of the boat within a minute or two.
    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 9423
    Points : 9407
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Isos Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:07 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:https://sputniknews.com/military/201707131055513223-karakurt-missile-corvette/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

    The ship is great but still is missing anything to protect from subs, no self defense weapon.  Knowing Russian specifics large distances, sparsely  scattered naval bases I want to believe they always will be protected from subs by other ships.  

    It has decoys and a sonar. It's supposed to replace small corvettes/fast attack boat, not Udaloys ...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12216
    Points : 12276
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:38 pm

    Isos wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:https://sputniknews.com/military/201707131055513223-karakurt-missile-corvette/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

    The ship is great but still is missing anything to protect from subs, no self defense weapon.  Knowing Russian specifics large distances, sparsely  scattered naval bases I want to believe they always will be protected from subs by other ships.  

    It has decoys and a sonar. It's supposed to replace small corvettes/fast attack boat, not Udaloys ...

    I didn't know it had sonar. Where is it installed?
    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 9423
    Points : 9407
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Isos Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:23 pm

    I didn't know it had sonar. Where is it installed?

    I just check and I was wrong, not suppose to have one. But for self defence they could install a small one and add counter torpedo system like Pk-10 firing active jamming rockets. There is plenty of space on that ship. for this specially at the back.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian


    Posts : 1883
    Points : 2030
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  TheArmenian Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:58 pm

    URAGAN, the first vessel of the Pr. 22800 will be launched on the 29th of July.

    http://www.pellaship.ru/22800-uragan-spusk-na-vodu.html



    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    EDIT:  Some posters here should really read more and post less. These posters include:

    - Those who expect an 800 T ship to obliterate all enemy surface ships from a million miles away, destroy anything that does not look or sound like a fish in the bottom of the ocean, shoot down anything that dares to fly anywhere in the Earth's atmosphere and take on the Death Star while watching the latest episode of Trump v/s CNN.

    - Those who post wrong information, incorrect data and fake news.

    Sponsored content


    Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship - Page 7 Empty Re: Project 22800: "Karakurt" class missile ship

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu May 26, 2022 11:40 pm