Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Non-sense on russian military equipment

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 26613
    Points : 27151
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty temporary talking bollocks thread

    Post  GarryB on Thu May 21, 2020 8:25 am

    I can remember when Japanese cars were all considered crap and there was a lot of hostility to them here.

    By about the mid to late 1980s the Japanese started making some very very good cars... the european cars were and remain pretty terrible in terms of cost and reliability here. Very expensive to buy and to fix, and not really worth the extra money.

    In comparison to push the Japanese car industries they implemented legislation in Japan that made owning a car more than 3 or four years old rather expensive, so they go in to the habit of buying new models all the time and not using them very long which drove Japanese car exports for used cars... barely used cars...

    They were high quality and cheap... I remember going from a Mk 4 Ford Cortina to a Toyota Corona and it was like day and night. The Cortina at high revs in top gear (4th) could do about 110km/h on the motorway... in comparison the Japanese car was much faster, much quieter... and driving at night was totally different.

    The Cortina had two standard lights but was always fitted with extra sports lights and with all four turned on the view at night was pathetic... most of the time you couldn't tell they were on where there were street lights... the Toyotas lights were outstanding... I didn't like driving at night in the cortina because of the poor headlights. Every time it went for a warrant it cost money because something had to be fixed... the Toyota just needed fuel and the water and oil topped up occasionally.

    I have a friend who loved British cars... he had about a dozen vehicles, but most of the time half of them weren't in a running condition...

    The Chinese have a reputation of being blind copiers... which is ironic considering most countries copy ideas anyway.

    I think the Chinese have as much potential as the Japanese did... I mean the Japanese still make expensive copies of US products even to this day but they rarely get shit for that.

    Will move this stuff to the usual thread.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 15160
    Points : 15657
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  George1 on Thu May 21, 2020 8:36 am

    GarryB wrote:I can remember when Japanese cars were all considered crap and there was a lot of hostility to them here.

    By about the mid to late 1980s the Japanese started making some very very good cars... the european cars were and remain pretty terrible in terms of cost and reliability here. Very expensive to buy and to fix, and not really worth the extra money.

    In comparison to push the Japanese car industries they implemented legislation in Japan that made owning a car more than 3 or four years old rather expensive, so they go in to the habit of buying new models all the time and not using them very long which drove Japanese car exports for used cars... barely used cars...

    They were high quality and cheap... I remember going from a Mk 4 Ford Cortina to a Toyota Corona and it was like day and night. The Cortina at high revs in top gear (4th) could do about 110km/h on the motorway... in comparison the Japanese car was much faster, much quieter... and driving at night was totally different.

    The Cortina had two standard lights but was always fitted with extra sports lights and with all four turned on the view at night was pathetic... most of the time you couldn't tell they were on where there were street lights... the Toyotas lights were outstanding... I didn't like driving at night in the cortina because of the poor headlights. Every time it went for a warrant it cost money because something had to be fixed... the Toyota just needed fuel and the water and oil topped up occasionally.

    I have a friend who loved British cars... he had about a dozen vehicles, but most of the time half of them weren't in a running condition...

    The Chinese have a reputation of being blind copiers... which is ironic considering most countries copy ideas anyway.

    I think the Chinese have as much potential as the Japanese did... I mean the Japanese still make expensive copies of US products even to this day but they rarely get shit for that.

    Will move this stuff to the usual thread.

    i further moved it here partner!
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 26613
    Points : 27151
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  GarryB on Thu May 21, 2020 8:45 am

    Ta, will notify others where it has gone in the original thread... this is indeed a more suitable location... Smile
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 863
    Points : 913
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Uranus

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Hilarious posts from pro western forums compilation (proposal)

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:21 pm

    I find the typical crap that saturates pro western military media too sickening to be worth trudging through for laughs, as I am sure many of you do aswell, so I Thought it be a good idea to create a thread in order to document all of the most hilarious and retarded pro western comments for the sake of all thoes who wish to have a good laugh at the expense of thoes morons.

    This could also help people who are on the fence realise just how bad the west's pathological lying, delusion and stupidity is.

    Sadly I cannot recall where to find any particularly good examples of such comments but I will post any I find over here.
    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2286
    Points : 2286
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  LMFS on Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:19 pm

    The-thing-next-door wrote:I find the typical crap that saturates pro western military media too sickening to be worth trudging through for laughs, as I am sure many of you do aswell, so I Thought it be a good idea to create a thread in order to document all of the most hilarious and retarded pro western comments for the sake of all thoes who wish to have a good laugh at the expense of thoes morons.

    This could also help people who are on the fence realise just how bad the west's pathological lying, delusion and stupidity is.

    Sadly I cannot recall where to find any particularly good examples of such comments but I will post any I find over here.

    Current times at least are good for laughs, we can find tons of them Laughing
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 26613
    Points : 27151
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  GarryB on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:17 am

    OK but to be clear posting crap here does not mean the person who posts it endorses or agrees with the content... therefore if you agree with something stupid do not post it here and try to defend it when it gets abuse... post it somewhere else to learn why it is not true.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 863
    Points : 913
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Uranus

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:18 pm

    Well I was really hoping we would all be laughing our heads of in here by now, oh well I guess I will post something I found.


    This man's videos, while not too hilariously retarded are perhaps good for a few laughs and some fun mockery.







    As delusional as he is he somehow actually understands the purpose of nuclear weapons as opposed to spouting condecending bullshit about the mythical "Russian aggression" whenever a defensive action is taken, but do not get wrong he is still a delusional moron.

    The one thing I find particularly hilarious is that he thinks a few primitive computer chips are some wunderwaffe that will alow obsolete ASHMs to bypass Russian air defence system, it is not at all like Russian missiles have computer chips aswell is it.....

    Then we get to the second part of it, he seriously thinks that supersonic missiles cannot take evasive maneuvers, what a retard.

    Hole
    Hole

    Posts : 3374
    Points : 3372
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 44
    Location : Merkelland

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  Hole on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:15 pm

    Can you imagine how great his surprise will be if he learns about the maneuvering hypersonic missiles the russian armed forces already have?
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 7454
    Points : 7603
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  kvs on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:21 pm

    The funny thing is that these "analysts" are just using the ambient fake stream media noise as their base of knowledge. So this clown thinks that Russia is
    unable to make CPUs for military purposes that do the job. He is probably one of those idiots that thinks that 7 nm general microprocessors from Intel and AMD
    are needed. He probably does not understand what an FPGA is or that 1990s CPUs are more than enough. Nobody runs massively parallel neural network
    AI in any missile system. That's sci-fi.

    Another common thread with these self-anointed "experts" is that they are all wallowing in wishful thinking and projection. They cannot handle that their
    "enemies" can actually kick their asses. Their ego is over-invested in their "exceptional" country. A lot of people live vicariously through countries and I
    have to admit that I am at least partly guilty of that. But I don't get into a bubble of delusion over it.

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 7454
    Points : 7603
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  kvs on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:26 pm

    Hole wrote:Can you imagine how great his surprise will be if he learns about the maneuvering hypersonic missiles the russian armed forces already have?

    The problem with people like him is that they are all suckling at the fake stream media tit.  CNN et al. routinely denigrate Russian mental capacity and make up
    all sorts of cheesy BS about how Russia cannot into tech.    By now this BS is not even funny, it is totally out of date.   You can see the same conditioning
    of Pavlov's dogs when it comes to Trump's ban on "high tech" electronics exports to China.   All sorts of credulous saps actually believe that China cannot
    import substitute.   China has been near the leading edge of IC design and production for 10 years.    As with Russia in the case of military engine imports
    replacement, it can both make the fabrication equipment and the ICs themselves.    China is actually able to manufacture with sub 10 nm lithography.
    LMFS
    LMFS

    Posts : 2286
    Points : 2286
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  LMFS on Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:29 am

    In fact I don't think those are, not even by far, the worst Western military videos I have seen, the guy admits very clearly that they lag badly behind Russian in AShM. He makes though a big effort trying to excuse some terrible US military planing and lack of supersonic anti-ship technology, but with little success. It seems he has not yet heard about Oniks and keeps repeating arguments that apply to extremely old soviet missiles. The argument of saying Russians have "abandoned" supersonic missiles and now practically "copy" the Harpoon with the Kh-35 was really unfortunate.

    The military value of the supersonic AShMs is rather trivial: a faster missile flying low leaves the target essentially no time to react (unless airborne radars are available) and creates a huge loophole in the AD logic so that the effectiveness of the interceptors does not even matter, because they don't have time to be launched or in very little numbers. Also the targeting is much better since the ship has no time to change position nearly as much vs a faster missile as it can be the case against a subsonic one and hence EW effort is rendered practically useless.

    What is always funny to see is that they justify the Russian / Soviet defensive posture in the fact that they didn't have the same resources US had, it is the same mindset we see in this and other forums from some American users, assuming, sincerely, that a country CANNOT willingly have a non predatory and imperialistic approach to foreign policy. Says really a lot about the moral standards Western civilization has reached after some centuries of world domination.
    The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

    Posts : 863
    Points : 913
    Join date : 2017-09-18
    Location : Uranus

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  The-thing-next-door on Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:51 am

    LMFS wrote:In fact I don't think those are, not even by far, the worst Western military videos I have seen

    I know, I used his videos because they have a bunch or silly and retarded points as opposed to the usual demented stream of nothing but retarded lies. So in essence I chose videos that are more fun to make fun of.

    Retarded lies can be hilarious at times, but only when they are really exceptionally stupid, otherwise it is just a boring stream of wasted words. The best is when a retard will try to explain something.

    Anyway I noticed that this idiot was calling that nazi guided bomb "the first anti ship missile" and then as if that was not enough he mentions the wrong missile when talking about the first Soviet ASHM.

    LMFS likes this post


    Sponsored content

    Non-sense on russian military equipment - Page 4 Empty Re: Non-sense on russian military equipment

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 pm