The key to Asia: who is the main military partner of Russia in the post-Soviet space
The Russian-Kazakh military-technical cooperation - in Tass material
2-5 June 2016 in Astana will be held IV International Exhibition of Arms and Military Equipment KADEX. According to the "Rosoboronexport", the exhibition will be attended by 40 enterprises of the Russian military-industrial complex, including 14 holding companies, will feature more than 250 samples for the land, the air and naval forces.
Kazakhstan was the first CIS country to have concluded with Russia May 25, 1992 Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Assistance. It provides for the creation of a common military-strategic space, the joint use of military bases, sites and other military installations in the event of a threat to Russia or Kazakhstan. Agreement on military cooperation between the two countries was signed by President Boris Yeltsin and Nursultan Nazarbayev, March 28, 1994
Overall, since 1992, it made more than 60 papers on various aspects of military and military-technical cooperation.
Since January 2001, it operates bilateral commission on military-technical cooperation. December 24, 2013 in Moscow, Presidents Vladimir Putin and Nursultan Nazarbayev signed an agreement on military-technical cooperation (March 2, 2016, Russian President has signed a regulation on the procedure of realization of the contract). November 16, 2015 the Russian president ordered the government to negotiate an agreement with Kazakhstan on the procedure for monitoring the presence and the targeted use of military products.
Deliveries of Russian arms in Kazakhstan
According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (Stockholm Peace Research Institute, SIPRI), in 1991 and 2015 from Russia to Kazakhstan were delivered various weapons to $ 1 billion 366 million. Part of the weapons had been handed over to the country free of the presence of ( with depots and warehouses of the Armed forces).
Since the beginning of 2000. Russia began to supply Kazakhstan with modern weapons and military equipment, spare parts and accessories. In February 2000, "Rosvooruzhenie" company (now the "Rosoboronexport", is part of the state corporation "Rostec") signed with the Kazakh state-owned company "Kazspetsexport" general agreement that defined the main directions of military-technical cooperation.
On January 1, 2004 came into force an agreement on favorable terms of sale Kazakhstan military products on the Russian domestic prices. Between 1995 and 2015, Kazakhstan was delivered:
13 training aircraft L-39C,
military transport Il-76M,
39 helicopters Mi-8/17 (including 15 Mi-17V-5, Mi-17, 14, 8, Mi-171SH)
three light helicopters "ANSAT"
Four multi-purpose fighter Su-30cm (model produced at the Irkutsk Aviation Plant).
Holding "Helicopters of Russia" intends to create in Kazakhstan a joint venture to assemble helicopters Ka-226T. In addition, at the end of 2016 is scheduled first deliveries in Kazakhstan Russian combat helicopters Mi-35M.
In 2004-2012 gg. Kazakhstan has received a significant number of Russian armored vehicles, including:
In 2011-2013. RF supplied to the republic:
- 10 tank support combat vehicle (BMPT)
- 120 anti-tank guided missiles "Attack"
- three heavy flamethrower system TOS-1A.
By order of the Navy of Kazakhstan in 2016-2017 gg. Is expected performance of contracts for the supply to the Republic of the project offshore trawlers 10750E ( first trawler was built in the end of July 2014, the same year Astana has applied to the purchase of the second ship).
- The armed forces of the two countries conduct joint exercises aimed at strengthening cooperation in the field of regional security and defense, counter terrorism and extremism.
- Also, Russia and Kazakhstan take part in various activities within the framework of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), which they are members. In April 2016 the military of the two countries were involved in the exercises and reconnaissance forces of the CSTO member states, "Search-2016" in Tajikistan.
Creating a unified air defense system
- They In May this year took part in a joint special tactical exercises of special forces police departments of the CSTO "Cobalt-2016" held in Armenia.
January 30, 2013 in Astana, Kazakhstan's Defence Ministers and Russia Adilbek Dzhaksybekov and Sergei Shoigu signed an agreement on the establishment of a single regional air defense systems (air defense). It is concluded for five years with automatic renewal for successive five-year periods.
The document provides for the construction and use of a single system based on the two countries' troops and air defense forces. In peace time, they will be in direct subordination of the military national command. Training troops, the organization of operational and combat training is conducted according to a single plan.
Also, according to a single plan will be applied, and the troops in time of war, subject to the commander of the unified air defense system, appointed by the presidents of the two countries on the proposal of the Defence Ministers. Place a single command - Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan.
Currently in service with the air forces of the Armed Forces of Defense of Kazakhstan has already caused several battalions of S-300, the country inherited after the Soviet collapse. In connection with the creation of a unified air defense system in 2015 Russia supplied Kazakhstan five anti-aircraft missile systems S-300PS and signed a contract for their maintenance.Rent military facilities
Russia leases in Kazakhstan are 7 major military facilities with a total area of more than 11 million hectares:
- 5th State testing site Russian Ministry of Defense (Baikonur Cosmodrome);
- 929 th State Flight Test Center of the RF Ministry of Defense them. Chkalov (headquarters - Akhtubinsk, Astrakhan region of the Russian Federation, the test sites - West Kazakhstan and Atyrau region of Kazakhstan..);
- battle field of the 4th State Central landfill Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation (Kapustin Yar in the Astrakhan region of the Russian Federation, 20 th separate test station and two measuring points in the West Kazakhstan region..);
- 10 th State Test Site Russian Defense Ministry Sary Shagan (Karaganda, Zhambyl, Aktobe and Kyzylorda region of Kazakhstan.);
- 5580 th base of software testing works (former landfill Emba, Aktobe of Kazakhstan.);
- Radio Engineering Balkhash node (the former object "Balkhash 9"; Priozersk Karaganda region of Kazakhstan.);
- separate regiment of Russian Air Force transport aircraft (the base at the airport in Kostonay Kazakhstan).
For the use of these military facilities, except in Baikonur and radio host Balkhash, Russia paid $ 27.5 million annually in the year. Price Baikonur cosmodrome rent under the contract of 1994 is $ 115 million per year. Payment for radio engineering unit were not disclosed.
December 2, 2014 Russia and Kazakhstan signed an intergovernmental agreement on the transmission conditions and the procedure for later use Kazakhstan's Balkhash site in the Russian missile attack warning system (EWS; November 28, 2015 Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law on ratification).
Radio Engineering unit located in the Karaganda region. Kazakhstan provides security not only Russian, but also its allies in the CSTO. According to the document, the node and the land on which it is located, are transferred to the use of the Russian side on a grant basis, specified conditions and procedures for its operation. In particular, it is envisaged to provide paragraphs of state and military control of Kazakhstan information on the missile and space environment in the region and to organize joint combat duty.
April 16, 2015 in Moscow, the two countries signed the protocols to the bilateral agreements on the use of military facilities on the territory of Kazakhstan (ratified by the Russian Federation February 15, 2016).
According to documents from January 1, 2016 the rent Russia Kazakhstan reduced by eliminating landfill sites, which are not used by the Russian Defense Ministry as directed. Thus, the amount of rent for the testing ground Sary-Shagan reduced from $ 18,932,000 to $ 16,276,000, for the objects and fighting fields 929th Flight Test Center of Russia - from $ 4.454 million to $ 3.081 million.Cooperation in training
Currently, the Russian military schools undergo military training in Kazakhstan, most of them - free of charge. In total, over the past 20 years, more than 4 thousand. Kazakhstani officers have been trained in Russia.
Подробнее на ТАСС: