Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+45
GarryB
max steel
OminousSpudd
kvs
fragmachine
Vann7
A Different Voice
TheArmenian
magnumcromagnon
Austin
higurashihougi
Rmf
Hannibal Barca
Godric
AlfaT8
Kimppis
Walther von Oldenburg
mutantsushi
Nikander
Book.
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
Cowboy's daughter
PapaDragon
Dforce
George1
Firebird
Regular
bmtppk
zg18
Maximmmm
Karl Haushofer
victor1985
medo
KoTeMoRe
franco
Viktor
Werewolf
Project Canada
Prince Darling
Svyatoslavich
flamming_python
par far
Neutrality
JohninMK
49 posters

Russian Economy General News: #5

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Economy General News: #5 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:50 am

I didnt read about the business tax hike but potential hike in 2019 of the flat tax rate from 14% to higher (didnt specify).

If anyone has the figures at hand, what is Russias business tax compared to other countries?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Russian Economy General News: #5 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian Economy General News: #5

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:03 am

sepheronx wrote:I didnt read about the business tax hike but potential hike in 2019 of the flat tax rate from 14% to higher (didnt specify).

If anyone has the figures at hand, what is Russias business tax compared to other countries?

Among the lowest in the OECD. Only Switzerland is lower at 18%.

Edit: I wasn't far 17.92% for Switzerland. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/russia/corporate-tax-rate
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:01 am

First of Engels locomotive was named "Prince Vladimir"

I say this was a bad investment. Oh well, if Bombardier loses money (again like they always seem to do), I don't feel so bad. Problem is, there are already two major plants in Russia that produces similar locomotives and they are already having issues with reduced purchases so having this one on top of it isn't useful. Added, Yakunin stated that he refuses to buy these ones and will only buy the Russian ones.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:35 am

Russian retailer Magnit joins Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies rating

I am more of a fan of smaller companies and co-ops, but this is at least good news for a Russian company. Even though Forbes flip flops like other in their news (well, maybe add Bloomberg to that news too).

Russia's import substitution process will take 3-4 years — deputy PM

Whoever though otherwise is simply ignorant.

Russian GDP down 3.4% in first half of 2015 — report

As much as it sucks that this is happening, it was bound to happen. I must admit though, Sanctions mixed with low oil prices, it really is impressive that they are doing much better than they did in 2009 with simply low oil prices. But read this article:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/russias-economy-contracts-79-in-2009-2010-02-01

Does anyone notice very similarities in this old article and now? Predictions were all the same, and yet, here we are. What makes it even more funny, is that at the time this happened, Russia's GDP was a lot less than it is now, even after this collapse. So it really has proven its resilliance.

That said, most are still keeping the predictions of a total of about 2.8 - 3% drop. In this case, it makes sense as Q2 and Q1 so far only equated the 3.4%. So we will see what happens in Q3 and Q4, as now that interest rates are much lower than before (6% lower) and now domestic consumption is apparently higher than before (as well as industrial output in July was higher than Junes, which was larger than May). So we are seeing some slow growths, but it will take time till Russia "recovers" from this. But once it does, it will be far stronger, as it will be far less reliant on not only oil and gas, but also on foreign bankings. Might I add too, lot less debt ridden too.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Now THAT is what we should call as "sanction"

http://sputniknews.com/business/20150820/1025965325.html

Latvian GDP Could Contract by 1.7% Due to Russian Coal Transit Termination. In a worst case scenario, should the suspension continue indefinitely, some 75,000 Latvian workers could become unemployed, according to the study.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Production volume of Russian tractors increased by 85%
    The good thing with import substitution in terms of agriculture is that it also increase the demand for heavy machinery (and engineering) in the agricultural industry as well. It isn't just the farmers making money. Now tractor companies are making money.

Innovative led lighting for greenhouses Russian production
    See. Another one.

Lyudinovo the plant started serial production of the new diesel locomotives for the Far East
    Good to know they are still building and acquiring more locomotives. This one is for the far east. Which we all know is in very much need of infrastructure investments and development. So this is the right step, as railway is a much cheaper form of transportation.

UAZ has announced the start of sales of the updated Patriot SUV
    Apparently UAZ has increased the number of sold vehicles in the Russian market. Increasing their market share. Wish I could purchase one here. I would purchase the diesel model.

Import substitution: a unique Ural equipment supplied West-Siberian metallurgical plant
    Now it will be a domestic company making that money. Since Russian Railways spends billions a year on equipment, I would wager that such a move to buy local will definitely help big time over long run.

In the Kaluga region opened a new sawmill and woodworking complex
    In Canada, the logging industry, specifically in just raw wood sales and planks, generate billions a year and is one of the largest economic developers next to oil/gas, and automotive sales for Canadian GDP (and largest for British Columbia). So such moves are always good. Especially since China is a huge consumer of wood. With having a processing plant too, they can make even more money with sale of planks and even furniture. Huge market. Russia also has a program of reforestation after cutting down a tree.

In Ufa in test mode started woodworking plant "Kronospan"
    Hmm. Another!

In the Rostov region have earned the new mini-factories for milk processing
    Seems mini factories for milk processing is a growing trend in Russia. Probably to be able to keep investments small, but still churning out a good product. Problem with larger companies is they tend to become over bloated, especially when they take over other companies.

The Arabs gave "good" to Bryansk beef
    Now Russia is exporting beef!
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:21 am

higurashihougi wrote:Now THAT is what we should call as "sanction"

Latvian GDP Could Contract by 1.7% Due to Russian Coal Transit Termination. In a worst case scenario, should the suspension continue indefinitely, some 75,000 Latvian workers could become unemployed, according to the study.

Indeed.. this is what i call sanctions .. Laughing

Holy shit 75,000 latvian workers is serious business... and the funny thing here is that
    Russia can easily implement them ,and will not affect its economy at all ,since this is a favor
    Russia give to Latvia..that will stop doing.. for them supporting Sanctions on Russia.

Im sure if this happens Latvia which have a very small economy ,will collapse even before Ukraine.. and a major revolution in Latvia happen to overthrow any leader supporting Economic
    Sanctions in Russia.. But you never know how fanatic they could be.. that prefer to be jobless
    than oppose US policies against RUssia. This will also affect other baltic states.. because it will damage trade with Latvia if their economy collapse and affect their own economies..

Interesting indeed. Cool

If RUssia also block the air transit of Europe to Asia through Russia airspace this will be a major blow to their airlines ,since will force them to take much longer routes and increase much more the prices of plane tickets.. making European Airliners to Asia/JApan less competitive . Cool

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:30 am

Holy cow!!!  pale

75000 is a lot even for very large country. Latvia has less population than Belgrade. This will not be enjoyable...
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:19 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Holy cow!!!   pale

75000 is a lot even for very large country. Latvia has less population than Belgrade. This will not be enjoyable...

What did these clowns expect. That Russia would eat their shit?

"Serves them right!"
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:28 am

kvs wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Holy cow!!!   pale

What did these clowns expect.   That Russia would eat their shit?

"Serves them right!"

I will imagine that they will revolt unless they are outright paid to sit. Then again, they could transport it via cargo. So I imagine there would be someone that would purchase it just for the sake of keeping Latvians in place.
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:49 am

I wonder of new round of fight errupts in Ukraine as most are predicting , with EU/US apply new round of sanctions on Russia and what can be expected ?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:52 am

Well, whatever it is, wont be anything damaging unless they decide to kick out Russia from SWIFT, which will have a ripple effect anyway.

Band civil airline components?  Well, that may end up being last straw really.  I think America drew its hands too early in this.  They started off big with the oil companies and banking, the two major sectors of Russia's economic development that is harder to implement counter moves. Third is Russia's defense industry, which has already been hit with sanctions too. And that is already nearly half of Russia's industrial base. They could end up banning automotive to be built in Russia, but that means the automotive companies in USA will lose out as there are plenty others willing to move in (and already they are moving out due to reduced demand).
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:27 am

The ban of foreign foodstuffs are rigidly enforced:

russia
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:53 am

Wait a moment. How is a 35 billion dollar economy going to cope with a 1.5bln loss and only have only 1,7%GDP dip. Unless I read this backwards. It looks like the Latvian state rail will actually fire about half its staff including many in the filials (about 12K people). Jesus looks like a freaking cataclysm.
    Prince Darling

Post  Prince Darling Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:54 am

lol i laughed at that 90s fat "gangster" why would anyone put such a guy on tv is beyond me
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Putin Aide Who Called Shock Rate Cut Sees Pause Near $40 Oil
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:24 pm

I think any new sanctions would now cover the other areas that remains untouched like Civilan Airline Industry or other industry not covered by sanction.

I dont think they will block Russia from SWIFT unless Russia officially takes part in bombing Ukraine from its Airforce etc

The current economic system is so skewed in Favour or west that there is precious little Russia could do to retliate but rather save on its energy to minimize the impact.

Reason I want china to grow and become a counterweight to the West.

The current regiem be it EU , Brits or Japan are just puppet of US
    Austin

Post  Austin Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Putin Aide Who Called Shock Rate Cut Sees Pause Near $40 Oil
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:18 pm

I imagine they will drop interest rate to 8% - 10% for economic growth as rouble devaluation hasnt caused an inflation spur. Whomever is in charge of this policy needs to end up working at Russian McDonalds or something cause Roubles devaluation shouldnt be their concern, but inflation. Now even Kazakhstans president even knows this by allowing the free float.

BTW, CBR is already increasing its reserves:

http://tass.ru/en/economy/815503
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:49 pm

I smell something rotten here.

Isn't 75,000 something like 10-15% of entire Latvian workforce?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:39 pm

"Russia plans to ban imports of fish from 14 farms in Norway to Customs Union"

http://tass.ru/en/russia/815831

"Japan wants to develop special economic zones in Siberia and Far East''

http://tass.ru/en/economy/815790
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:

I smell something rotten here.

Isn't 75,000 something like 10-15% of entire Latvian workforce?

Rather 15% yes. That's the terminal result. The immediate result might be half of the staff at Lsz and probably most of the daughter companies would be hit in same fashion (about 10/12K worth of jobs).
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Dforce wrote:The ban of foreign foodstuffs are rigidly enforced:

russia
    WTF is this guy, Kingpin?
    Not sure if serious or not. Wouldn't surprise me if it is dunno
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Regular wrote:
    Dforce wrote:The ban of foreign foodstuffs are rigidly enforced:

russia
    WTF is this guy, Kingpin?
    Not sure if serious or not. Wouldn't surprise me if it is dunno

Looks clearly humour hour done by idiots and filmed by cunts.

Illegal bullshit from Russian stereotypes. Almost as bad as the Ukropian version last year.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:33 am

Altyn, the new Eurasian currency - the best answer to currency crisis

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 pm