Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Zivo
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Zivo on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 02:12

    magnumcromagnon wrote:What could of been:

    Объект 195

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 AkEgC

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Qy7zu

    God she's ugly.

    Is that the radar scope on top side opposite from the 30mm?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 5902
    Points : 6053
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu 22 Oct 2015, 02:28

    Zivo wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:What could of been:

    Объект 195

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 AkEgC

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Qy7zu

    God she's ugly.

    Is that the radar scope on top side opposite from the 30mm?

    Form follows function. Charred obliterated corpses of Wahhabi's aren't pretty either (or maybe they are)... Wink
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3351
    Points : 3383
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  franco on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 14:46

    Video of the T-15 BMP which has a crew of 3 and carries 9 dismounts as opposed to the normal 7 in the BMP / BTR series.

    https://www.youtube.com/embed/L__FATum8GU?rel=0
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 14687
    Points : 15186
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  George1 on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 13:41

    "Uralvagonzavod" will deliver about 20 new T-14 "Armata"
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1875
    Points : 1870
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  AlfaT8 on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 17:28

    George1 wrote:"Uralvagonzavod" will deliver about 20 new T-14 "Armata"

    The article has an interesting photo on the auto-loader.

    Can anyone translate.

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 1318073845
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5251
    Points : 5454
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Werewolf on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 20:23

    It does not say anything about autoloader. It says Unmanned turret, 10-12 Rounds per minute, 32 ammunition in total, AESA, digital FCS, 7km max engagement range and optional 152mm gun.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1875
    Points : 1870
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  AlfaT8 on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 22:29

    Werewolf wrote:It does not say anything about autoloader. It says Unmanned turret, 10-12 Rounds per minute, 32 ammunition in total, AESA, digital FCS, 7km max engagement range and optional 152mm gun.

    "7km engagement range", i can already see the tears of those "Abrams is #1" crowed. Twisted Evil
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5251
    Points : 5454
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Werewolf on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 22:56

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:It does not say anything about autoloader. It says Unmanned turret, 10-12 Rounds per minute, 32 ammunition in total, AESA, digital FCS, 7km max engagement range and optional 152mm gun.

    "7km engagement range", i can already see the tears of those "Abrams is #1" crowed. Twisted Evil

    Leopard2A6M has higher engagement range than any other tank in service right now when you ignore GLATGM's, so Abramzs fanboys can jerk around as much as they want but Leopard 2A6M beats it in everyway.
    max steel
    max steel

    Posts : 2937
    Points : 2962
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  max steel on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 22:59

    Werewolf wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:It does not say anything about autoloader. It says Unmanned turret, 10-12 Rounds per minute, 32 ammunition in total, AESA, digital FCS, 7km max engagement range and optional 152mm gun.

    "7km engagement range", i can already see the tears of those "Abrams is #1" crowed. Twisted Evil

    Leopard2A6M has higher engagement range than any other tank in service right now when you ignore GLATGM's, so Abramzs fanboys can jerk around as much as they want but Leopard 2A6M beats it in everyway.


    German made tag is fcuking authentic . You can't beat them.
    Mike E
    Mike E

    Posts : 2641
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Mike E on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 04:48

    I wouldn't take that info-graphic very seriously, it seems like they completely messed up the armour layout (from what we know).

    If you want info/diagrams, try finding them on Paralay or through a Russian patent sight.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5251
    Points : 5454
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Werewolf on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 07:25

    Lol...never trust any infographics even and especially if it is made by armor or tank developer about armor LOS, layout or its in/capabilities. That is by definition secret and noone would ever even point you in the right direction, just like NII Stali claim M829A2 can penetrate T-72B3 at 6km range vs Kontakt-5 or that 900mm LOS armor.
    Mike E
    Mike E

    Posts : 2641
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Mike E on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 08:09

    It's not even 'just' that. From what I understand, the layout of the armour is completely different. Instead of being a thick slab that's heavily angled ala T-64 and up, the primary section is "internal" and not as angled. The outer section is additional armour.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1875
    Points : 1870
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  AlfaT8 on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 19:21

    Werewolf wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:It does not say anything about autoloader. It says Unmanned turret, 10-12 Rounds per minute, 32 ammunition in total, AESA, digital FCS, 7km max engagement range and optional 152mm gun.

    "7km engagement range", i can already see the tears of those "Abrams is #1" crowed. Twisted Evil

    Leopard2A6M has higher engagement range than any other tank in service right now when you ignore GLATGM's, so Abramzs fanboys can jerk around as much as they want but Leopard 2A6M beats it in everyway.

    Respect to the Germans, but as long as Abram-boys cry i'm good. Razz
    Mike E
    Mike E

    Posts : 2641
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Mike E on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 04:18

    http://topwar.ru/86503-uvz-u-pushki-t-14-armata-povyshennaya-prochnost-i-vysokaya-stepen-zhivuchesti.html

    (Via Yandex)

    "In a press-service of "Uralvagonzavod" reported that the developer 125mm gun for the T-14 "Armata" with the help of special technology has increased the durability of the gun. The technology consists in the deposition of polymetallic special protective coating on the bore. The news Agency TASS quotes the statement of the representative of the press service of defense enterprises:

    On the tank "Armata" set created JSC "Plant number 9" 125-mm tank gun A-1M, high fire power, which required the application of new technologies and autorepair coated barrelto ensure the desired strength and survivability.

    According to some, the use of special protective layer in the barrel has improved the precision produced by firing."

    T-14 gets a self-repairing (?) barrel liner. Cool news
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2273
    Points : 2364
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  higurashihougi on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:26

    Mike E wrote:http://topwar.ru/86503-uvz-u-pushki-t-14-armata-povyshennaya-prochnost-i-vysokaya-stepen-zhivuchesti.html

    (...)

    T-14 gets a self-repairing (?) barrel liner. Cool news

    You means the word "автоскрепления" ?
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 4988
    Points : 5016
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:47

    max steel wrote: German made tag is fcuking authentic . You can't beat them.

    Of course it is ! Germans made their Armata already 30years ago that´s ewhy now with French need extra 15 years to make a copy!

    and VW has low CO2 emission as well Surprised)
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3990
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 14:28

    franco wrote:Video of the T-15 BMP which has a crew of 3 and carries 9 dismounts as opposed to the normal 7 in the BMP / BTR series.

    https://www.youtube.com/embed/L__FATum8GU?rel=0

    Barbaris? Wat?
    max steel
    max steel

    Posts : 2937
    Points : 2962
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  max steel on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 18:04

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    max steel wrote: German made tag is fcuking authentic . You can't beat them.

    Of course it is ! Germans made their Armata already 30years ago that´s ewhy now with French need extra 15 years to make a copy!

    and VW has low CO2 emission as well Surprised)


    Landkreuzer P1000 Ratte


    Never Forget : http://www.ranker.com/list/secret-weapons-of-ww2/richard-rowe?&source=tshare
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4582
    Points : 4686
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Vann7 on Sat 28 Nov 2015, 09:55

    George1 wrote:"Uralvagonzavod" will deliver about 20 new T-14 "Armata"

    Didn't armata t-14 was supposed to enter trials in 2016 and enter service in 2018 if all was working?

    That article suggest 20 new T-14 were made and will be delivered for Russian army use..
    i Am missing something? Does armata tank T-14 will enter in service now in 2015? Suspect
    Mike E
    Mike E

    Posts : 2641
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Mike E on Sat 28 Nov 2015, 10:00

    Vann7 wrote:

    Didn't armata t-14 was supposed to enter trials in 2016 and enter service in 2018 if all was working?

    That article suggest 20 new T-14 were made and will be delivered for Russian army use..
    i Am missing something?  Does armata tank T-14 will enter in service now in 2015? Suspect
    Everything is going according to the original time schedule. The 20 T-14's are not new units, most of them are probably from the parade. UVZ is handing them to the army, who will trial them next year.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5251
    Points : 5454
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Werewolf on Sat 28 Nov 2015, 10:01

    The hull is more or less finished the only thing those armatas are for is trails by army. The unfinished part are the turrets and modules which we will see in 2 years.
    avatar
    Vann7

    Posts : 4582
    Points : 4686
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Vann7 on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:12

    Werewolf wrote:The hull is more or less finished the only thing those armatas are for is trails by army. The unfinished part are the turrets and modules which we will see in 2 years.

    oh so its official that the turret we saw in Victory parade of T-14 was just a preview ,and not the finished turret? the one in armata looked like just the skull without the armor.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5251
    Points : 5454
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Werewolf on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 14:30

    Vann7 wrote:
    oh so its official that the turret we saw in Victory parade of T-14 was just a preview ,and not the finished turret? the one in armata looked like just the skull without the armor.

    We shall see in a few years.
    Mike E
    Mike E

    Posts : 2641
    Points : 2677
    Join date : 2014-06-19
    Location : Bay Area, CA

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Mike E on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 18:05

    The turret core shouldn't see any changes, it is the exterior shell and systems that would.
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 24939
    Points : 25483
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  GarryB on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:05

    I would expect multiple changes and updates to the turrets of the Armata over time... it is supposed to be both modular and upgradable.

    I suspect the first change to the core of the MBT turret would be an increased calibre main gun and future changes to allow add on weapons packages like perhaps a bustle mounted cannon RWS or grenade launcher... perhaps even a rear bustle mounted vertical launch array of Morfei lock on after launch short range SAMs.

    Various systems will change over time with upgrades and improvements like Shtora, ARENA, Nakidka, etc etc... some will require new turret structures etc.

    I am looking forward to seeing a full armata division with all the different vehicle family types operating together...

    I suspect they will find with practise that some types make other ideas redundant... for instance a BMPT is really just a tank based IFV with more ammo replacing the troop transport component...

    On the other hand of course a dedicated BMPT vehicle might still be useful as an escort vehicle or in conflicts where the enemy has little or no armour so a MBT is not needed but a fire power vehicle would be useful.

    Sponsored content

    [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: [Official] Armata Discussion thread #3

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 10 Jul 2020, 02:39