Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
BKP
Airman
Lapain
d_taddei2
BM-21
ali.a.r
sheytanelkebir
Cheetah
The Ottoman
slasher
HUNTER VZLA
T-47
SeigSoloyvov
littlerabbit
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
Project Canada
lycantrop
Visc
nomadski
Kimppis
Skandalwitwe
OminousSpudd
Bolt
mnrck
George1
GarryB
eehnie
calm
soigneerin
0nillie0
ultimatewarrior
KiloGolf
Regular
medo
ult
Benya
par far
PapaDragon
crod
Karbafoz
auslander
kvs
KomissarBojanchev
JohninMK
TheArmenian
MMBR
archangelski
storm333
AlfaT8
Hannibal Barca
starman
ATLASCUB
Vann7
A Different Voice
higurashihougi
Godric
AK-Rex
KoTeMoRe
arpakola
A1RMAN
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
franco
68 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

auslander
    auslander

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

Post  auslander Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    JohninMK wrote: Thanks for the confirmation, a cloaking failure captured by the camera.

Desert does strange things to cameras and optics, it's a well known phenomenon. All I see is a late model Lada in the usual white colour. What did you see?

I know we are getting on a bit but your eyes must be shot. Can't you see its a 4x4? That's a Niva in the fetching and fashionable 1980s beige colour.

Oh c'mon man don't be crazy. That's clearly light blue 1962 Matra Djet, you can even see Yuri Gagarin driving it:

http://weirdrussia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/gagarin-matra-1024x836.jpg

I know it is our friend Yuri on top but I must insist it's metal flake white. Lemme get another weissen, perhaps my eyes are not truly accurate of the moment. Another liter of weissen might solve that problem.
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11

Post  Kimppis Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:52 pm

RT's article on the topic: https://www.rt.com/politics/402038-russians-want-syria-ended/

I have to say that percentage is surprisingly high. However, at the same time, it's undestandable. I don't think people are actually somehow strongly against it, the losses have simply been too low for that, but many/most people just don't care. Makes sense, Syria is after all quite far away. But really, that's nothing dramatic.

And that "death toll mounting" BS... Damn, is the Western propaganda even trying anymore? Is that article from Newsweek? (Not going to click it.) Would explain it, Newsweek seems to very Russophobic even by current Western MSM standards, which is really saying something.

But that is seriously hilarious... How many Russian soldiers have died? 50? They have not even lost a single helicopter in a long time, IIRC. May they RIP, but those losses are extremely low. The Syria operation has been a massive success for the Russian military, period.

Funnily enough, that also destroys one argument of anti-Russian propaganda. It goes roughly as follows: Putin started the intervention to keep his popularity high. The Dark Lord needs war to keep the masses happy, while the economy is in tatters. Riiiiiight... Rolling Eyes So some people think that the Syria operation somehow massively increased Putin's popularity. It's obvious that in reality it was pretty much +-0, after a modest short-term boost.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Kimppis wrote:RT's article on the topic: https://www.rt.com/politics/402038-russians-want-syria-ended/

I have to say that percentage is surprisingly high. However, at the same time, it's undestandable. I don't think people are actually somehow strongly against it, the losses have simply been too low for that, but many/most people just don't care. Makes sense, Syria is after all quite far away. But really, that's nothing dramatic.

And that "death toll mounting" BS... Damn, is the Western propaganda even trying anymore? Is that article from Newsweek? (Not going to click it.) Would explain it, Newsweek seems to very Russophobic even by current Western MSM standards, which is really saying something.

But that is seriously hilarious... How many Russian soldiers have died? 50? They have not even lost a single helicopter in a long time, IIRC. May they RIP, but those losses are extremely low. The Syria operation has been a massive success for the Russian military, period.

Funnily enough, that also destroys one argument of anti-Russian propaganda. It goes roughly as follows: Putin started the intervention to keep his popularity high. The Dark Lord needs war to keep the masses happy, while the economy is in tatters. Riiiiiight...  Rolling Eyes So some people think that the Syria operation somehow massively increased Putin's popularity. It's obvious that in reality it was pretty much +-0, after a modest short-term boost.

You need to look at the top of this page:

"I saw the link to that 'Russians don't support' bovine scatology article this morning. Admittedly I live in a tiny village in a quiet valley where the Black River feeds in to the Black Sea but from what I've seen in this little settlement nary a soul does not support the effort in Syria and for that matter Novorossiya. Case in point, we are going to a little gig in support of the effort tomorrow evening. Gig is private, invitation only, but we'll be there as will a lot of our boys who have just rotated back and they will receive the honors accorded them at the gig."

We have buried here many of those who gave their lives in Syria and for that matter Novorossiya. Each and every one of them is a tragedy with weeping mothers, fathers, wives, children, friends, comrades, but not a one of the mourners has ever, in private or public, voiced opposition to doing what must be done that I know of. We fully understand that we fight them there or we fight them here but we will fight them.

As for polls, figures don't lie but liars take figures. You can make a poll say whatever you want by simply targeting your poll base to get the result you want.

Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Well, I think opinion polls give a good overall picture of the situation vs. anecdotal evidence, although I don't doubt his or your local observations.

Levada's opinion poll results have actually countered anti-Russian narratives extremely well, and if anything they're more often positive news for Putin and the Russian establishment than vice-versa, even though the organization is "independent" and many/most people there are "anti-Putin". So people should forget the ridiculous "the poll is 100% fake" conspiracy BS right away, now that that is not the case.

And when I talk about conspiracy theories, I don't mean you auslander, or any of the posters so far. I actually agree with your last point. That "49% are against the operation" figure seems strangely, high, so IMO something is not exactly right... I wonder what the question asked was, exactly. In any case, as I said, it's absolutely certain that very few of those among that 49% are actually somehow strongly against it.
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Kimppis wrote:
    Funnily enough, that also destroys one argument of anti-Russian propaganda. It goes roughly as follows: Putin started the intervention to keep his popularity high. The Dark Lord needs war to keep the masses happy, while the economy is in tatters.

Or just divert their attention from economic and political issues at home?

So some people think that the Syria operation somehow massively increased Putin's popularity. It's obvious that in reality it was pretty much +-0, after a modest short-term boost.

If operations in Syria continue to go well, that'll significantly enhance Russia's prestige in the region or internationally, regardless of the situation at home.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Quite a work rate

Минобороны России‏Verified account @mod_russia 8h8 hours ago

#SYRIA In the last 2 weeks, Russian aircraft conducted 1,417 sorties, made 2,687 strikes on terrorists’ command centres and camps

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:34 pm

starman wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:
    Funnily enough, that also destroys one argument of anti-Russian propaganda. It goes roughly as follows: Putin started the intervention to keep his popularity high. The Dark Lord needs war to keep the masses happy, while the economy is in tatters.

Or just divert their attention from economic and political issues at home?

Dude, we get Russia 1 channel on cable here. Traffic jams in Novosibirsk get more airtime on news these days than Syria, DeZ siege being exception.

So if they want to divert attention from anything with it they ain't doing it right...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 pm

JohninMK wrote:R I P

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DI9LIt5XcAAD9Ow

The puzzlement expressed above could be explained by the soldiers being involved in this

Минобороны России‏Verified account @mod_russia 12h12 hours ago

#SYRIA Russian Reconciliation Centre sent water treatment systems, diesel generators, drinking water, medicaments, food to #Deir_ez_Zor
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:57 am

Western propaganda machines will of course accuse Putin of doing what US and UK politicians have been doing for the last few centuries...
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:33 pm

4xSu25 at T4

An-26/30 and 4 RuAF Su-25 at T4 Air Base (2017-08-23)
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJJAusCXgAACiIz
    Benya
    Benya

Post  Benya Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:09 pm

RUSSIAN MILITARY INSTRUCTORS TRAINED 1,200 SYRIAN RECRUITS AND RESERVISTS NEAR DAMASCUS

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 1-93
    Valeriy Sharifulin/TASS

Russian military instructors have trained 1,200 Syrian recruits and reservists at the Dreij training center located near Damascus, the Russian state-run news agency TASS reported on Thursday citing Syrian Army General Mansoor Nabih.

“Thanks [to the Russian instructors], we have trained military servicemen who will participate in the upcoming offensives towards the positions of the Islamic State terror group,”  TASS quoted the general as saying. “A total of 1,200 people have been trained.“
    Gen Nabih added that Russian-trained troops participated in the liberation of Palmyra and the offensives in Raqqah, Deir Ezzor and Aleppo provinces.

According to a Russian military instructor named Alexei, a training course lasts 15 to 20 days. Initially, all soldiers receive a general training. Then separate groups of soldiers receive weapons training, tactical course, engineering or medical training.

“While working with Syrian troops, we have achieved outstanding results in weapons training, engineering and tactical training,” the instructor said according to TASS. “The troops have acquired good weapons skills that could be used during offensive and defensive operations. They are ready to defend their country, their morale is high.”

Arrow https://southfront.org/russian-military-instructors-1200-syrian-recruits-reservists-near-damascus/
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Jeremy Binnie‏ @JeremyBinnie 6h6 hours ago

Russian MSTA-B howitzers seen earlier today deployed near Kabajib to support Syrian advance from Al-Sukhnah to Dayr al-Zawr city.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJIbiLaXgAAW19j
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:49 pm

Levada Center is a foreign Government NGO polling group..working under the covertly in Russia
    as an "independent polling center" from Russia. They receive funding from abroad. Their main role is to manipulate public opinion through polls ,to push for western agendas narrative.  So don't take their polls too seriously.You can manipulate polls very easily using biased questions or even directly Rig the results..Remember than in US there was Polls that had Clinton winning with a 98% probability. Polls can be as accurate or as fraudulent as its authors want it.

Here is an example how can you manipulate a poll with questions..
    to Russians..

1)"In light that the war in Syria is about to end " will you like your government to recall its
    military to Russia. ?

or

2) Americans have been providing weapons to terrorist in Syria , and it have been said
    by Russia government thousands of them comes from Russia territory.. Will you rather want your Government to defeat the terrorist in Syria? or will you prefer Russia military to allow them to return to Russia and then fight them in Russian cities?

So this is the same question with different background information , If Russians are not
    told what negative consequences they will experience in their own nation security, if all NATO/Israel backed terrorist are not defeated in Syria ,since many radical muslims from Russia
    joined ISIS then people will be unable to provide their real preference .

plain and simple polls can be manipulated very easily it results by hiding information
    or by simply forging the results.

Only time Russia should leave Syria is when all Alqaeda and ISIS defeated, Syria restore relations with Kurds and Turkey and US military abandon Syria.

Meanwhile.. when was the last time ,you saw 2 military planes to "Crash by accident" on the
    same day in a "Training flight" ?

https://southfront.org/two-us-air-force-a-10-thunderbolt-ii-attack-jets-crashed-in-nevada/

my bet is they crashed in Syria ,IRAQ or Afganistan ,their planes simply shutdown ,perhaps by Syrian army ,and then they came with the "Accident" story . to cover their embarrassment .

Same thing goes for the "accidents" of US warships near Japan.  You can't be serious that US navy can't detect a fishing boat and evade a collision in the immensity of the sea and have accidents with not one but 2 or 3 warships. pretty serious things have been happening.. and my bet is those warships were rammed by Russia navy for invading in Russian waters or by North Korea for doing the same. and that they just keep things quiet to save face and they don't
    look weak ,for not retaliation.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:05 am

Anyone heard anything about this. Seems unlikely to me as someone would have commented on the bang.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/14175/rumors-fly-that-russia-has-dropped-the-father-of-all-bombs-in-syria
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:55 am

JohninMK wrote:Anyone heard anything about this. Seems unlikely to me as someone would have commented on the bang.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/14175/rumors-fly-that-russia-has-dropped-the-father-of-all-bombs-in-syria
    Surely we would see footage from official sources?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Russian SF near Deir

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJRA9eHXcAAHH8p

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJRA-rRXgAAvyb_

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJRBBKIXkAAEX9m
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Russian military police deployed to northern Aleppo Governorate

The military personnel monitors compliance with the cessation of hostilities along the line of engagement with the enemy, military police spokesman said

ALEPPO /Syria/, September 8. /TASS/. Russian military police have deployed observation posts to the Kurdish-inhabited Afrin district in the north of Syria’s Aleppo Governorate to ensure compliance with the ceasefire in the deconfliction zone, military police spokesman, Leutenant-Colonel Georgy Petrunin, told reporters on Friday.

"The military personnel monitors compliance with the cessation of hostilities along the line of engagement with the enemy. At the moment, our military servicemen are the guarantors of the continuation of the reconciliation process here," the officer said.

Meanwhile, Viktor Frolov, representative of the Russian Center for the reconciliation of the warring parties in Syria, told reporters that dozens of families have returned to the area mainly populated by the Kurds over the past few days. "Over the past few days, 51 families have returned to their homes," he said.

He added that the Russian reconciliation center’s specialists have brought to Afrin 200 pre-packed school backpacks from the Russian youth military-patriotic movement Yunarmiya (Young Army) and 500 kilograms of medicines for local hospitals.

A national reconciliation committee was set up in the city of Afrin in late August, which is similar to those operating in Syria’s de-escalation zones. The Russian Defense Ministry earlier reported that one of the Reconciliation Center’s branches is located near the inhabited community of Afrin. The line of engagement between the Kurdish militias and Free Syrian Army units controlled by Turkey is located in the area.

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/964605
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:59 pm

George1 wrote:Russian military police deployed to northern Aleppo Governorate

The military personnel monitors compliance with the cessation of hostilities along the line of engagement with the enemy, military police spokesman said

ALEPPO /Syria/, September 8. /TASS/. Russian military police have deployed observation posts to the Kurdish-inhabited Afrin district in the north of Syria’s Aleppo Governorate to ensure compliance with the ceasefire in the deconfliction zone, military police spokesman, Leutenant-Colonel Georgy Petrunin, told reporters on Friday.

"The military personnel monitors compliance with the cessation of hostilities along the line of engagement with the enemy. At the moment, our military servicemen are the guarantors of the continuation of the reconciliation process here," the officer said.

Meanwhile, Viktor Frolov, representative of the Russian Center for the reconciliation of the warring parties in Syria, told reporters that dozens of families have returned to the area mainly populated by the Kurds over the past few days. "Over the past few days, 51 families have returned to their homes," he said.

He added that the Russian reconciliation center’s specialists have brought to Afrin 200 pre-packed school backpacks from the Russian youth military-patriotic movement Yunarmiya (Young Army) and 500 kilograms of medicines for local hospitals.

A national reconciliation committee was set up in the city of Afrin in late August, which is similar to those operating in Syria’s de-escalation zones. The Russian Defense Ministry earlier reported that one of the Reconciliation Center’s branches is located near the inhabited community of Afrin. The line of engagement between the Kurdish militias and Free Syrian Army units controlled by Turkey is located in the area.

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/964605

"enemy"

This is how the armed forces in the Turkey controled area are called by the Russian military police.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:49 am

There is a new video of ISIS propaganda.. what is interesting about the video
    is that they claim they killed Russian soldiers and show bodies of what looks to be
    Russian soldiers bodies ,but any uniform is not evidence ,since Russia provide their uniforms
    to Syrians too . But which ever is the case.. what the video shows is a successful suicide bomber attack ...and totally mediocre tactics by the defenders..

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isis-video-russian-troops-shot-dead-hama-skirmishes-18-graphic/

The defenders allows a very light armored vehicle full of explosives just run over them
    unharmed in the most ideal place for for more damage. right next to the defenders position . Neutral  There was apparently many armored vehicles in the place of the defendes ,like BMPs about a dozen of them and none fired on the terrorist car...  So either they were caught sleeping or simply drunk or it was total incompetence of them. you can see people running in the opposite direction , but none fighting.. This can't be Russian special forces.. because the tactics are
    terrible... Allowing a Suicide bomber car to freely enter your positions is fatal mistake.

IF there was around a terminator tank ,or a modern BMP -3 with automatic turret targeting
    or just a T-72 b3 with precise targeting , None of those  Suicide bombers cars will get withing 5km of their place. Even a Kornet missile could have stopped that suicide car.. but terrorist
    simply found no resistance.   So is amazing how so cheap ,so simple ,so amateurish tactics
    can still work for ISIS,, regardless if the defenders were Syrian army or Russian special forces or any other. If the video is genuine and not a montage ,which could be.. then it shows a completely Fatal defensive tactics..  as if they were amateurs first timers in the military.
    Still can't understand how after 6 years of war ,such tactics still can be used by ISIS.
    Anyone being on the receiving end ,should have learned its lesson already since long time ago.

ISIS tactics are small pockets very dispersed and fast moving to deny Russia airforce an easy target .And opening with one or waves of fast mobile suicide bombers.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 pm

So what do we have here?

https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/907711353128964097
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:38 am

^
    Aug 4
    More
    Exclusive: #Russia deployed few numbers of Mig-29SMT in Khmemeim AB #Syria
    https://twitter.com/WaelHussaini/status/907719263775068161

Same guy
    A second major #RuAF AB in #Syria to be revealed soon.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:21 am

calm wrote:^
    Aug 4
    More

Not according to this guy, but if that is a Mig-29SMT taking off in Franco's clip it has to be!

Billy Andrews @lotchiksnayper 3h3 hours ago

thats a picture from Astrakhan AFB in the Caucasus

From

https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/907661544066088962
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:06 am

#Russia|n soldiers in #Syria. Most prob. #spetsnaz #GRU.Note typical GRU early AKMS (w/out muzzle break)-most likely PBS-1 suppressor config
    https://twitter.com/Russian_Defence/status/907784571059662850

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJkZN_xXgAAYpRZ
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJkZPF0XgAAFiU7
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJkZPF0XUAEHc6J
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    calm wrote:^
    Aug 4
    More

Not according to this guy, but if that is a Mig-29SMT taking off in Franco's clip it has to be!

Billy Andrews @lotchiksnayper 3h3 hours ago

thats a picture from Astrakhan AFB in the Caucasus

From

https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/907661544066088962

Pick your sources. You can see S400 in background. And yes it's Latakia.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 2JeVo_7Us5oRussian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 AqtJAT_xlYY

on video
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Excellent re the Mig, thanks.

Here are what looks like a pair of Russian SF vehicles at 10 secs, second is BRDM not sure of the first, could be the same from its spare wheel. Screenshoot under.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #11 - Page 27 DJmohIKXkAIFnWk

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 am