Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
Azi
higurashihougi
KiloGolf
Hannibal Barca
Bolt
MMBR
George1
zg18
miketheterrible
x_54_u43
calm
Isos
Regular
Cyberspec
PapaDragon
headshot69
DB1234
Skandalwitwe
Airman
Alex555
eehnie
VladimirSahin
The Ottoman
Project Canada
Godric
KoTeMoRe
Vann7
OminousSpudd
AK-Rex
AlfaT8
klahtinen
Firebird
Khepesh
storm333
BKP
GunshipDemocracy
ultimatewarrior
GarryB
famschopman
Erk
crod
d_taddei2
Odin of Ossetia
starman
arpakola
zorobabel
par far
TheArmenian
Zivo
franco
Big_Gazza
airstrike
auslander
Resistance
onwiththewar
Fred333
whir
Rodinazombie
wilhelm
gaurav
magnumcromagnon
Shadåw
medo
przemek
kvs
zepia
sepheronx
71 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10

airstrike
    airstrike

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10

Post  airstrike Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:34 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    airstrike wrote:Video: ISIS knocks-out third Turkish M60T Sabra tank for the week

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/10/video-isis-knocks-out-third-turkish-m60t-sabra-tank-for-the-week/

Again Konkurs, again side shot again the driver is wounded but not BBQed like the rest.

Wow history is repeating itself. It's basically Pakistan-Waziristan all over again. Just like the Pakistanis, the Turks weren't just soft, but infact aided and abetted Islamic Extremist groups, only for those same groups to show their gratitude by biting the hand that fed them....FFS Istanbul was well-documented for having ISIS merchandise shops, and Ankara holds Al Qaeda flag-waving conferences....good job thinking that through Erdoturd!

Isn't it the other way around, as in Turkey backstabbing Isis in this case?

Yes even ISIS can't trust the Turks...where is this world going.

The list of groups that the Turks have betrayed is truly staggering...this list is just from the top of my head.

1.) The Kurds, who were their personal helpers conducting the Armenian Genocide.

2.) The Germans, who went out their way to ally with the Turks in WW1 and WW2. See the current immigration crisis as their personal gift to the Germans for supporting them so many times in the past.

3.) The Azeri's, who despite claims of being the Turks closest ally, Turkish military intelligence services have attempted to over throw the post-USSR Azerbaijan govts. several times over the past 25 years.

4.) The Bolsheviks, who went out their way to aid the Turks against the Greeks, only for the Turks to turn and ally themselves with Nazi Germany against the Soviets.

5.) The Syrians, who in 2010 were working alongside the Turks to fight for Palestinian statehood. Fast forward to 2011, and the Turkish support for the conflict in Syria has sent back the the Palestinian statehood agenda by easily 20 years.

6.) Hamas, who were advised by Turkey (alongside Qatar) to cut ties with Syria and support the overthrow of Assad, only for Turkey to cut ties with Hamas (on Israels request), not to mention wrecking their hopes of Palestinian statehood, as already mentioned.

...Can you name any?

I couldn't have wrote it any better myself. Also, I'm not betting on this recent Russian-Turkish rapprochement, because the Turks almost always betray their friends/allies/partners, and what you wrote above is the biggest proof.
    airstrike
    airstrike

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10

Post  airstrike Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Russia is in talks with Iran to redeploy its jets and bombers to Hamedan airbase. The airbase was initially used for a short time in mid August, before a surprise Russian pullout after just one week of sorties.

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/10/russian-and-iran-discussing-the-redeployment-of-russian-bombers-to-hamedan-airbase/
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 am

airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    airstrike wrote:Video: ISIS knocks-out third Turkish M60T Sabra tank for the week

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/10/video-isis-knocks-out-third-turkish-m60t-sabra-tank-for-the-week/

Again Konkurs, again side shot again the driver is wounded but not BBQed like the rest.

Wow history is repeating itself. It's basically Pakistan-Waziristan all over again. Just like the Pakistanis, the Turks weren't just soft, but infact aided and abetted Islamic Extremist groups, only for those same groups to show their gratitude by biting the hand that fed them....FFS Istanbul was well-documented for having ISIS merchandise shops, and Ankara holds Al Qaeda flag-waving conferences....good job thinking that through Erdoturd!

The list of groups that the Turks have betrayed is truly staggering...this list is just from the top of my head.

1.) The Kurds, who were their personal helpers conducting the Armenian Genocide.

2.) The Germans, who went out their way to ally with the Turks in WW1 and WW2. See the current immigration crisis as their personal gift to the Germans for supporting them so many times in the past.

3.) The Azeri's, who despite claims of being the Turks closest ally, Turkish military intelligence services have attempted to over throw the post-USSR Azerbaijan govts. several times over the past 25 years.

4.) The Bolsheviks, who went out their way to aid the Turks against the Greeks, only for the Turks to turn and ally themselves with Nazi Germany against the Soviets.

5.) The Syrians, who in 2010 were working alongside the Turks to fight for Palestinian statehood. Fast forward to 2011, and the Turkish support for the conflict in Syria has sent back the the Palestinian statehood agenda by easily 20 years.

6.) Hamas, who were advised by Turkey (alongside Qatar) to cut ties with Syria and support the overthrow of Assad, only for Turkey to cut ties with Hamas (on Israels request), not to mention wrecking their hopes of Palestinian statehood, as already mentioned.

...Can you name any?

I couldn't have wrote it any better myself. Also, I'm not betting on this recent Russian-Turkish rapprochement, because the Turks almost always betray their friends/allies/partners, and what you wrote above is the biggest proof.

I agree, the rapprochement is grossly exaggerated. Turkey wont leave NATO, Turkey wont end their support for over-throwing Assad, they wont stop whining about the imaginary persecution of contemporary, modern day Tartars in Crimea, and they probably wont stop occupying Northern-Cyprus. I honestly believe a similar eagerness and priority in relations between Russia and Greece would provide orders of magnitude greater dividends than you see with Russian-Turkish rapprochement.
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

...Can you name any?

I agree, the rapprochement is grossly exaggerated. Turkey wont leave NATO, Turkey wont end their support for over-throwing Assad, they wont stop whining about the imaginary persecution of contemporary, modern day Tartars in Crimea, and they probably wont stop occupying Northern-Cyprus. I honestly believe a similar eagerness and priority in relations between Russia and Greece would provide orders of magnitude greater dividends than you see with Russian-Turkish rapprochement.

Of course it would. The Greek people look at Russia in a much more favorable way than any Turk will every do. It would be a blessing for both countries. But unfortunately Greece is taken as a hostage from the EU that's sucking its blood like a parasite. A country with good potential is a mess.

If the Turks take Al-Bab, they will go for more..probably Raqqa, and later bordering areas to Iraq. This is similar to Israel's Operation Sea of Galilee in 1982. They started with a 40km buffer zone into Lebanon, and ended up taking Beirut.
    airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:37 am

Syrian Rebel faction Ahrar-Al-Sham release intense battle footage taken during their offensive on Aleppo

http://echelon-defense.com/2016/09/11/syrian-rebel-faction-ahrar-al-sham-release-intense-battle-footage-taken-during-their-offensive-on-aleppo/
    par far

Post  par far Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:24 pm

airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

...Can you name any?

Of course it would. The Greek people look at Russia in a much more favorable way than any Turk will every do. It would be a blessing for both countries. But unfortunately Greece is taken as a hostage from the EU that's sucking its blood like a parasite. A country with good potential is a mess.

If the Turks take Al-Bab, they will go for more..probably Raqqa, and later bordering areas to Iraq. This is similar to Israel's Operation Sea of Galilee in 1982. They started with a 40km buffer zone into Lebanon, and ended up taking Beirut.

This should be the biggest concern, the Turks will likely go for Al-Raqqa, when they do, that will be the time to arm the factions, that are fighting the Turks. You can stop the Turks from doing this right now, How? Give weapons to the Kurds that are fighting Turkey.

https://southfront.org/turkey-led-forces-consolidating-gains-in-northern-aleppo-syria/

airstrike
    airstrike

Post  airstrike Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:15 pm

par far wrote:
    airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

...Can you name any?

This should be the biggest concern, the Turks will likely go for Al-Raqqa, when they do, that will be the time to arm the factions, that are fighting the Turks. You can stop the Turks from doing this right now, How? Give weapons to the Kurds that are fighting Turkey.

https://southfront.org/turkey-led-forces-consolidating-gains-in-northern-aleppo-syria/

Who's going to give weapons to the Kurds now?
    Turkey played their cards in such a way that they would gain both Russia and the US and push them away from the Kurds. It's also the fault of the Kurds. They stuck to the US and did not cooperate with Russia. The US betrayed them as they with many of their allies.
    If there's anybody that's gonna do that it will be Russia.
    eehnie
    eehnie

Post  eehnie Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:01 am

airstrike wrote:
    par far wrote:
    airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

...Can you name any?

Who's going to give weapons to the Kurds now?
    Turkey played their cards in such a way that they would gain both Russia and the US and push them away from the Kurds. It's also the fault of the Kurds. They stuck to the US and did not cooperate with Russia. The US betrayed them as they with many of their allies.
    If there's anybody that's gonna do that it will be Russia.

The weapons will come to the Kurds the same way than until now. And I would say that some of who has been providing weapons to the Kurds will increase the supplies.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Russians on the ground, preparing to monitor the ceasefire:

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:52 am

zorobabel wrote:Russians on the ground, preparing to monitor the ceasefire:

yeah monitor it with BM-21...heheh.
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 8 26607838kh

calm
    calm

Post  calm Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:16 pm

Russian Chief of Staff Gen. Gerasimov arrives in Ankara, meets with officials, Turkey

calm
    calm

Post  calm Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:28 am

Portable mortar position reconnaissance radar "Aistenok" for monitoring CoH in #Aleppo

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 8 CsY-_XTWEAArz_e
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:53 pm

I already predicted the cease-fire would be a failure, and I was right again! You don't need to be an oracle to see this. It has been done countless times before, yet people expect a different result (a sign of insanity)?

US-led coalition aircraft strike Syrian army positions – Syrian General Command

US & US-controlled forces haven't fulfilled any Syria ceasefire deal obligations - Russian Army

Putin: Terrorists use Syria ceasefire to try & regroup

...Can people stop drinking the cyanide laced Kool-aid now?
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:55 am

So what next? Is the siege of Aleppo now strong enough to force the rebel area to give up, so there may finally be an end in sight to this mess? Sad
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:14 pm

starman wrote:So what next? Is the siege of Aleppo now strong enough to force the rebel area to give up, so there may finally be an end in sight to this mess? Sad

Probably not.

The rebels deprive the civilians of their resources, which inevitably forces the civilian holdouts to trickle out of the siege, until all that remains are rebels who end up surrendering as the situation deteriorates. The problem is this process takes several years to unfold.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:50 pm

airstrike wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    AlfaT8 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

...Can you name any?

Turkey was never allied with Nazi Germany. It was neutral for most of the Second World War, and it actually declared war on the Third Reich late in the war.

The only engagement the Turks fought during the Second World War was against German-trained pro-Nazi ethnic Armenian diversionists who attacked a Turkish border guard post from nearby Iran.

So much so for "Germany supporting Turkey in the past."

http://www.tallarmeniantale.com/Nazi-Collaboration.htm

Here on the Kurds:

http://www.tallarmeniantale.com/kurdish-revolts.htm

Last edited by Odin of Ossetia on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:10 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:

Turkey was never allied with Nazi Germany. It was neutral for most of the Second World War, and it actually declared war on the Third Reich late in the war.

The only engagement the Turks fought during the Second World War was against German-trained pro-Nazi ethnic Armenian diversionists who attacked a Turkish border guard post from nearby Iran.

So much so for "Germany supporting Turkey in the past."

http://www.tallarmeniantale.com/Nazi-Collaboration.htm
    OT but my father was in command of the delivery and commissioning of a radar station into Turkey towards the later part of the war. All the RAF members had to change into civvy clothes at the border. As soon as it was operational they were kicked out, not a lot of 'love' there. It was the only UK made radar station controlling squadrons of FW-190s.

Post  Guest Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:09 pm

Looks like the Kuznetsov is off to Syria:

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3641012
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:Looks like the Kuznetsov is off to Syria:

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3641012

Little something to wet our appetites before fresh pics start rolling in:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 8 11435_131227_01

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 8 29214064356_a053627215_o
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:28 pm

It ain't my appetite that got wet......gotta go change my pampers.

Is he carrying Kalibr systems yet?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:46 pm

auslander wrote:It ain't my appetite that got wet......gotta go change my pampers.

Is he carrying Kalibr systems yet?

No, that is for after overhaul. I am actually more curious about Ka-52 launching from this thing. Final data collection before they start building helicopter carriers.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:06 pm

KA-52 looks strange when flying in our shows, he's like the fat little kid floating around. I have no doubts he's lethal when he wants to be but pretty he ain't.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #10 - Page 8 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:25 pm

not sure what to make of this smells a little bit of BS

3000 Russian conscripts arrive at Syria to fight alongside Syrian Army, monitor group

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/3000-russian-conscripts-arrive-syria-fight-alongside-syrian-army-monitor-group/
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:35 pm

FFS, do you know who Syrian Observatory is? Do try to pay more attention to the thread, not only look but read and comprehend.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 pm