Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
sheytanelkebir
DerWolf
Cyrus the great
ExBeobachter1987
Morpheus Eberhardt
TheArmenian
Akula971
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Dima
Werewolf
George1
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
Project Canada
KoTeMoRe
Solncepek
short_fuze
JohninMK
ult
PapaDragon
Vann7
Backinblack
KiloGolf
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Zivo
iraqidabab
par far
sepheronx
Siempre_Leal
JohnSnow
auslander
BKP
Pirey
wilhelm
Max Italy
Bidoul
Boshoed
Bolt
headshot69
VladimirSahin
kvs
Airbornewolf
Regular
jhelb
sweartome123
whir
mack8
Fred333
Captain Nemo
franco
Walther von Oldenburg
GarryB
zorobabel
Neutrality
Khepesh
Godric
Stealthflanker
SturmGuard
ultron
Karl Haushofer
arpakola
Erk
Acheron
zg18
max steel
Kadmos45
Rmf
Odin of Ossetia
fragmachine
Rodinazombie
76 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

NationalRus
    NationalRus

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  NationalRus Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:09 pm

well fuck me i have been trashing putin since ever here because he was basically a liberal pussy who didnt had balls to do anything decisively for our national interest and geopolitcal position.
    so who is this guy since 2014? i would fucking vote for him now this geopolitcal pragmatic mastermind, fucking mastermind!

he went to syria with my pretext that i posted back in 2013 lol1 shiiiiiit i would build him a statue in the middle of moscow now
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #6

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:37 pm

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:27 pm

NationalRus wrote:well fuck me i have been trashing putin since ever here because he was basically a liberal pussy who didnt had balls to do anything decisively for our national interest and geopolitcal position.
    so who is this guy since 2014? i would fucking vote for him now this geopolitcal pragmatic mastermind, fucking mastermind!

he went to syria with my pretext that i posted back in 2013 lol1  shiiiiiit i would build him a statue in the middle of moscow now

Haven't you heard? He was replaced with a clone during his 10 day absence and he is immortal vampire to boot!!! lol1 lol1 lol1

But seriously, I don't think that Russian public would have OK-ed military action in Syria back in 2013. However this is not 2013 anymore... Cool

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:54 pm

Putin is a Liberal?

I think the Translesbogays and hetero haters would like to hear that.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:06 pm

The best thing about Putin and Russia is that there is no ideology being forced down everyone's throats. Russians
    had decades of this sh*t and they were liberated from it. Unfortunately for westerners they are being subject to
    USSR-style ideological ass rape day in and day out.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:14 pm

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Video: Russian helicopters flying back after bombing #ISIS in #Palmyra

https://www.instagram.com/p/_cQXYVtOxQ/

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:22 pm

Werewolf wrote:Putin is a Liberal?
    he did express support for economic liberalism in early 2000s.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Syrian Army, Russian Warplanes Wipe Out Militants in N Latakia Province

The Syrian army and the National Defense Forces have reportedly captured a large depot of militants' weapons and ammunition in the newly-seized village of al-Sayyid in western Syria's province of Latakia.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151219/1032006534/syria-army-daesh.html

A large depot of militants' weapons and ammunition has been seized by the Syrian Army and popular forces in the newly-captured village of Jabal al-Sayyid in the northern part of Lattakia in western Syria, according to the Iranian news agency FARS.

"The Syrian government forces seized a large volume of military hardware, including weapons, vehicles and ammunition in the positions of the militant groups after the terrorists retreated from their strongholds in Jabal al-Sayyid," the sources said.

According to the sources, the recapture of Jabal al-Sayyid currently places the army in a very good position to monitoring the militants' movements in the al-Mreij region.

The seizure of militants' depot in Latakia came a day after the Syrian troops launched an offensive against the militants based in the mountainous regions in northern areas of the coastal province, including those located along border with Turkey.

On Friday, a spokesperson for the Syrian Army announced that the government troops, supported by Russian airstrikes, have managed to gain back more than 56 villages, towns and heights from the militant groups across Latakia in just 68 days.

"The militant groups withdrew forces from over 56 strategic villages, towns and heights after the Syrian government forces launched their joint operation, enjoying the back-up of the Russian air fleet," the spokesperson said.

The army touted the recapture of 56 strategic points as a "wonderful example of coordination and cooperation between the pro-government troops and the Russian Aerospace Force."

Sources have, meanwhile, said that dozens of militants were killed and many more wounded after the Russian bombers targeted the militant groups' strongholds in the rural areas in Jabal al-Akrad and Jabal al-Turkmen regions in Latakia.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:44 pm

MoD page dedicated to Syrian operation in English: thumbsup

http://eng.syria.mil.ru/

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:51 pm

NationalRus wrote:well fuck me i have been trashing putin since ever here because he was basically a liberal pussy who didnt had balls to do anything decisively for our national interest and geopolitcal position.

he went to syria with my pretext that i posted back in 2013 lol1  shiiiiiit i would build him a statue in the middle of moscow now

And that's the funny thing, so many of you see him as some sort of wishy washy politician... Like this hasn't been a plan all along, like he isn't considering every factor. So many instant gratification nationalists who want him to bloody well prance around like some 21st century Robin Hood, saving the world from the big bad robber men using dark space magic and mystical illusion skills to trick the USA into not nuking everyone.  Hasn't he proven himself a gazzilion times already? Yet you still treat him like he's a "traitor" or he's "selling Russia short." Merely 20 years ago no one would have even guessed Russia would be in it's current position, standing up to the entirety of the West and making them look like a bunch of pansies, crying, spoiled, school brats. Dunno if you've been watching the social network buzz surrounding Putin, but at the very least, people are calling him a real leader, at the most their saviour (hilarious, but I'm not kidding).

Sure, call me a "Putinist" or "vatnik" or whatever, but the rate at which some people swing from "omgwtfbbqz Putin iz traitor" too "omgwtfbbqz Putin iz mah hero" makes me think they're bipolar.

I'm not saying don't be critical of the government, by all means DO, our apathy in the West and our unquestioning trust in our government in "doing the right thing" is how we've ended up with complete nanny states, where we spend millions changing a bloody flag... But you've got to see a leader when you have one.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:58 pm

Moscow's Assertive Stance Makes US Change Strategy - Think Tank

Russia's assertive stance in settling the four-year Syrian civil war has left Washington with no choice but to negotiate, taking Moscow's interests into account, say analysts from US think tank Stratfor.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151220/1032032528/us-changes-strategy.html#ixzz3uoIx1IRJ

max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:43 am

Israel striked Damascus suburb again. Kremlin's will to defend Syria sovereignty isn't as strong as their wish to avoid war w9th Israel. angry

S-400 sleeping perhaps.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:54 am

max steel wrote:Israel striked Damascus suburb again. Kremlin's will to defend Syria sovereignty isn't as strong as their wish to avoid war w9th Israel. angry

S-400 sleeping perhaps.

Israel likely attacked from outside Syrian airspace.

max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:59 am

But can't S-400 track planes even outside syrian airspace. I guess it can because what i read during Israel-syria S-300 jamming incident that S-300 models can even track the israeli jets the moment they leave their airbase.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:05 am

max steel wrote:But can't S-400 track planes even outside syrian airspace. I guess it can because what i read during Israel-syria S-300 jamming incident that S-300 models can even track the israeli jets the moment they leave their airbase.

It has nothing to do with tracking, it's all politics.

Hypothetically, if Russia shot down an Israeli aircraft, even if they were lining up for an attack, Russia would look like the aggressor. Israel just has to say their aircraft where practicing some maneuvers. Besides, it's up to Syria to defend their airspace, the S-400 is there to protect Russia's assets.
    JohnSnow
    JohnSnow

Post  JohnSnow Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:41 am

max steel wrote:Israel striked Damascus suburb again. Kremlin's will to defend Syria sovereignty isn't as strong as their wish to avoid war w9th Israel. angry

S-400 sleeping perhaps.

S-400 is not there to protect Syrian air space from any and all invaders. Instead it is there to protect against threats to Russian forces deployed in Syria.
    Right now, S-400's cross-hair is pointed at Turkey, patiently waiting for a violation. However, Israel is another matter. They probably gave Russians a heads up to avoid any "accidents", and they pose no threat to Russian forces.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:13 am

Zivo wrote:
    max steel wrote:But can't S-400 track planes even outside syrian airspace. I guess it can because what i read during Israel-syria S-300 jamming incident that S-300 models can even track the israeli jets the moment they leave their airbase.

It has nothing to do with tracking, it's all politics.

Hypothetically, if Russia shot down an Israeli aircraft, even if they were lining up for an attack, Russia would look like the aggressor. Israel just has to say their aircraft where practicing some maneuvers. Besides, it's up to Syria to defend their airspace, the S-400 is there to protect Russia's assets.

exactly Russia cannot attack any plane outside Syria..
    because will have no arguments to justify its shutdown.. however if Israel continues bombing Damascus killing people and Russia give an ultimatum in public to israel things change.
    For now Israel is taking advantage of Syria and Russia being busy fighting terrorist.
    The distance from Lebanon airspace to the bombed site is like 30km. and the distance of S-400 to the bombed place is like 200km. So it will have to be Syria who defend its airspace in the south. Russia can only pressure Israel for now to stop. Western media will for sure to damage Russian military sales or humilitate Russian air defenses will claim the Russian missiles were
    "jammed". But in a real war Israel will not know it have an S-300 missile on the ass of a military plane until it explode. S-300s can operate with its radars turned off to the last minute and not allow Israelis to jam it or even try. IF anyone notice how Israel bomb Syria they do it , in a non frequent way. One per week or two weeks. Lets see if they can pull another bombing tomorrow with Syrian air defenses expecting an attack from lebanon. again.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:40 am

Guys,

This seems to be like the last Israeli attack on Damascus, which hadn't happened. Remember.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:06 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Guys,

This seems to be like the last Israeli attack on Damascus, which hadn't happened. Remember.

See, for example, according to RT

RT wrote:There are conflicting reports regarding the course of events. Some say that there was an Israeli airstrike on the residential area, while other describe the incident as terrorist mortar shelling.

Reuters initially cited Syrian state TV as saying that several people had been injured, after rockets launched by “terrorist groups” hit a building in the Jaramana district of Damascus.

In general, random copy-and-pasts from Twitter isn't what this forum needs.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:14 am

I think Israel won't do anything in Syria without Russian green light.
    Russian jets actually entered Israel territory few times, but there was no scandal about it. Israel defence minister Moshe Yaalon even stressed that there was there was no intention to shoot Russian planes down as Russian jets are not attacking Israel.
    Russian and Israel are sharing intel. If Israel is hitting targets in Syria I bet Russia knows who is the target.
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:08 am

The target was Самир Аль-Quntar - well-known "Hezballah" commander...
    I second Regular, that in this case Israel has warned russian army about the forthcoming strike and probably the target ot the attack.
    BTW there have been 4 rockets, fired from within israel's airspace, so the hit is "legitimate"...

=============
    Hezbollah: Samir Kuntar Killed in Israeli Airstrike on Damascus
    Source: Haaretz

According to reports, between six and eight people were killed in the strike, among them also Hezbollah field commanders.

Hezbollah announced on Sunday morning that one of its top officials, Samir Kuntar, was killed in an Israeli airstrike on a Damascus suburb.

In the statement, the group said the "Zionist enemy's planes" struck a building in Jaramana, a district of Damascus, around 10:15 P.M. on Saturday, killing Kuntar and several Syrian civilians

According to reports, between six and eight people were killed in the strike, among them also Hezbollah field commanders.

Read more: http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/1.692786
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:32 am

Placing smallpox in their water supplies is the right way to deal with the Jewish rats.
    You don't need an excuse to exterminate them, Hitler was right.
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Solncepek wrote:The target was Самир Аль-Quntar - well-known "Hezballah" commander...
    I second Regular, that in this case Israel has warned russian army about the forthcoming strike and probably the target ot the attack.
    BTW there have been 4 rockets, fired from within israel's airspace, so the hit is "legitimate"...

=============
    Hezbollah: Samir Kuntar Killed in Israeli Airstrike on Damascus
    Source: Haaretz

Hezbollah announced on Sunday morning that one of its top officials, Samir Kuntar, was killed in an Israeli airstrike on a Damascus suburb.

In the statement, the group said the "Zionist enemy's planes" struck a building in Jaramana, a district of Damascus, around 10:15 P.M. on Saturday, killing Kuntar and several Syrian civilians

Read more: http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/1.692786

From an earlier RT report:

Israel News Flash: "BREAKING: Unconfirmed reports of an IAF airstrike in Damascus suburb killing Palestinian terrorist, Samir Quntar"

Jewish feed: "BREAKING: Syria state TV confirms 2 killed is Jaramana explosion near Damascus, Some claim it was an IAF strike"

"Since his 2008 release, Israeli media on multiple occasions claimed that Kuntar had been killed, including during Israeli strikes on Syria. However, none of the reports had been confirmed."

Then we have the Israeli Construction and Housing Minister Yoav Gallant welcoming the alleged death of the Lebanese militant leader.

"It is good that people like Samir Qantar will not be part of our world," he told Israel Radio.

He refused to confirm or deny Israeli involvement in the affair, however.

https://www.rt.com/news/326564-damascus-explosion-jaramana-reports/

Israelis being shy about their capacities? I don't think so. They may be trying to take credit for a rocket attack conducted by their ISIS buddies. This guy probably has been killed by Israel as many times as the al Qaeda No. 1 was killed by the Americans. The innocent civilians however were actually killed by whoever attacked the building.

I am also suspicious of claims that Russia would quietly accept a 'heads up' from anyone targetting the leader of one of the most effective forces taking on ISIS, particularly if the building was occupied by innocent civilians.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:27 pm

short_fuze wrote:
    From an earlier RT report:

Israel News Flash: "BREAKING: Unconfirmed reports of an IAF airstrike in Damascus suburb killing Palestinian terrorist, Samir Quntar"

Jewish feed: "BREAKING: Syria state TV confirms 2 killed is Jaramana explosion near Damascus, Some claim it was an IAF strike"

"Since his 2008 release, Israeli media on multiple occasions claimed that Kuntar had been killed, including during Israeli strikes on Syria. However, none of the reports had been confirmed."

Then we have the Israeli Construction and Housing Minister Yoav Gallant welcoming the alleged death of the Lebanese militant leader.

"It is good that people like Samir Qantar will not be part of our world," he told Israel Radio.

He refused to confirm or deny Israeli involvement in the affair, however.

https://www.rt.com/news/326564-damascus-explosion-jaramana-reports/

Israelis being shy about their capacities? I don't think so. They may be trying to take credit for a rocket attack conducted by their ISIS buddies. This guy probably has been killed by Israel as many times as the al Qaeda No. 1 was killed by the Americans. The innocent civilians however were actually killed by whoever attacked the building.

I am also suspicious of claims that Russia would quietly accept a 'heads up' from anyone targetting the leader of one of the most effective forces taking on ISIS, particularly if the building was occupied by innocent civilians.

+1

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am