Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+63
Regular
Heartbeer
AlfaT8
PapaDragon
Dima
KomissarBojanchev
Vann7
Cyberspec
ult
cracker
Zivo
Cyrus the great
Bolt
sheytanelkebir
Karl Haushofer
Bidoul
Walther von Oldenburg
victor1985
Godric
coolieno99
d_taddei2
Solncepek
Book.
BKP
Cowboy's daughter
Prince Darling
whir
zg18
Airbornewolf
ultron
Kyo
GarryB
Neutrality
par far
auslander
Werewolf
iraqidabab
Siempre_Leal
Khepesh
Project Canada
flamming_python
Hachimoto
x_54_u43
Stealthflanker
jhelb
wilhelm
Shadåw
franco
mack8
medo
Akula971
George1
Erk
Monarchist
KoTeMoRe
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
NationalRus
HUNTER VZLA
OminousSpudd
max steel
Rodinazombie
JohninMK
67 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:10 am

sepheronx wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:Admiral K is back in the game as well, maybe he should take a little ticki-tour toward the Syrian coast eh? He really does deserve some combat ops.
    As the Kuznetsov just ferries MiG-29K's and Su-33's, I wonder if Russia could use the MiG-29K's in Syria.

I dont see reason why not to, question stays how many flight hours pilots have on Ks, you need certain amount of fly hours to get cleared for combat missions when you switch machine you fly on.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:21 am

Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:Admiral K is back in the game as well, maybe he should take a little ticki-tour toward the Syrian coast eh? He really does deserve some combat ops.
    As the Kuznetsov just ferries MiG-29K's and Su-33's, I wonder if Russia could use the MiG-29K's in Syria.

I dont see reason why not to, question stays how many flight hours pilots have on Ks, you need certain amount of fly hours to get cleared for combat missions when you switch machine you fly on.

Yeah, and I suppose with them being new(er) I suppose maybe not so likely. Su-33 pilots on the other hand.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:23 am

Cyberspec wrote:I'm pretty sure Nato was conducting more than 200 sorties per day in YU (I can't remember the number at it's height).

Russia would need extra aircraft to reach 200 per day IMO....we'll see

----

Su-34 Question

Russian jet-fighter raiding Daret Ezzeh northern #Aleppo CS
    https://twitter.com/Syria_Protector/status/653967206854864902

- Total allied aircraft at beginning of Kosovo conflict, March 1999: 344 (214 US, 130 other allies)

· Total at end of Kosovo conflict: more than 1031 (731 US, at least 300 other allies)

· Length of Kosovo air campaign in days: 78

· Number of days poor weather impeded bombing: 54

· Total NATO sorties flown: 38,004

· Total NATO strike sorties flown: 10,484
    - Number of hours for nonstop, round-trip travel from B-2 air base in Missouri to targets in the Balkans: approx. 30

· Number of B-2 sorties: 45

· B-2 sorties as a percentage of NATO total: 1%

· B-2 bombs dropped as a percent of total: 11%

· Percentage of approx. 23,000 NATO bombs and missiles that were precision guided: 35

· Percentage in Gulf War: 8

· Percentage of nearly 20,000 NATO bombs which a DOD spokesman claimed on June 2 had "hit their targets" : 99.6%

Enjoy the math Very Happy

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:26 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMZr-rWgAArjPX

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMZsAJWEAALAhy

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMZsCCWUAE_2X8

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMZsQKWUAASYwa

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMUtHyWsAAReAI

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMUtIBWcAAcH9N

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMUtIKWsAAAOAp

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMUtOzWsAABLrf

Aand short video: https://twitter.com/MuradoRT/status/653893877963845633

Havent seen this being done in ages, even then i saw it on MiG21 BIS and J22 Orao.

Source is naturally Murad Gazdiev.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:10 am

Militarov wrote:Enjoy the math Very Happy

So yeah, a lot more than 200 per day...approx. 487/day on average

Su-34

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:00 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRQlqRdUsAAaaZ5

I suppose this is one of my biggest achievements in life i got blocked by German "journalist" famous for his support for FSA, Nusra even ISIS actually.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMtYZVUYAAg6tz

Also he is so great military journalist that he managed to ask THIS:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRESKyHWgAAhE7k

And is quite famous for this:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRJ1m8jWUAAkncH

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:39 am

I'll put this in this thread for continuity. Yesterday the mortar attack on the rally outside Russian embassy came from Dzhobar district. I wondered at the time how long it would be to clean that district, well, seems less than 24 hours as it is now under assault. The same lesson for terrorists as Beirut in early 80s as max steel wrote further up this thread....
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:37 am

Talk on this thread of sending the Kuznetsov to Syria is interesting... the Su-25s on board the K are for flight training only and have most of the military equipment removed.

BTW I am sure amused by that German journalist... a Syrian soldier being beheaded is just getting what he should expect and the syrian people would be better off under ISIS than Assad... interesting logic there...

I am sure the Syrian people will ask a German what is best for them for their future... Rolling Eyes

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:54 am

GarryB wrote:Talk on this thread of sending the Kuznetsov to Syria is interesting... the Su-25s on board the K are for flight training only and have most of the military equipment removed.

BTW I am sure amused by that German journalist... a Syrian soldier being beheaded is just getting what he should expect and the syrian people would be better off under ISIS than Assad... interesting logic there...

I am sure the Syrian people will ask a German what is best for them for their future...  Rolling Eyes

Yeah SU25UTG and UBP. UTGs for sure are not armed and equiped for combat they even lack guns, however what about UBPs, they were converted from original UBs which are combat capable originally. At least so claims this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sukhoi-Su-25-Frogfoot-Support-Aircraft/dp/1840373539
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:15 am

Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRQlqRdUsAAaaZ5

I suppose this is one of my biggest achievements in life i got blocked by German "journalist" famous for his support for FSA, Nusra even ISIS actually.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRMtYZVUYAAg6tz

Also he is so great military journalist that he managed to ask THIS:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRESKyHWgAAhE7k

And is quite famous for this:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRJ1m8jWUAAkncH

Why doesnt the retard volunteer to go put there and be embedded with his isis heroes for a few weeks to do a report? See how long he lasts before he gets his head cut off

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:30 am

That german "analyst" is a perfect example of a charlatan.. For sure no one in their right
    mind will prefer to live under Alqaeda or ISIS government than Assad. Someone shoot the
    bastard in the head.. and later say but what the heck you expect? You support terrorist
    then you deserve the same fate of them..

Sane people who belong to the human civilization expect that US and its dictators allies and  Imbeciles like him stop supporting terrorism in Syria and stop defending them or justifying
    Western Powers actions in Syria that are not only Criminal but illegal and against all
    International laws. Wondering if that Imbecile will say if Saudi Arabia goes and smuggle
    terrorist in Germany and later supply weapons to them to kill his family.. if he will welcome
    them as freedom fighters.. if he didn't liked his Government?

perhaps its time for Russia to capture Berlin again to get rid of imbeciles like him?
    Well not worth of it.. for sure.. you can find such low life scum in all countries..
    people who only care about money they paid to lie ,that the human suffering of millions
    caused by a war they support. It will be interesting to see which family that bastard have..
    to understand that imbecile backgroud .for sure his family did not suffered much in world war 2 ,because anyone who did will never desire another nation to experience the same suffering
    they had to experience consequence of their actions.. Like Syria that is now invaded by an US ,gulf coalition and with the help of thousands of radical extremist fighters.

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:38 am

Rodinazombie wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRQlqRdUsAAaaZ5

Why doesnt the retard volunteer to go put there and be embedded with his isis heroes for a few weeks to do a report? See how long he lasts before he gets his head cut off

Well not sure about that Very Happy But apparently he writes for German Bild http://www.bild.de and noone even after thousands of complains to Bild did anything to make him at least less openly support ISIS/FSA. Last day or so he was getting spammed coz he posted those photos. But i think he is trying just to get his account verified by Twitter coz that would help him alot. I am not really sure what makes one person post stuff that he does but i guess he is getting paid...i dont have other explanation.

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 Kuo0Pgf

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 ZEyzqDi

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 Tr1TY2I

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 WA1m2no

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 Qj53jGL

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 QmheRE3

Sry for posting all this but it makes me get calm, to share shit i see that makes me nervous with others Very Happy
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:57 am

Militarov wrote:

Sry for posting all this but it makes me get calm, to share shit i see that makes me nervous with others Very Happy

Feel free, whether he is attacked by bots or not, he deserves it and more for being a terrorist supporting scumbag.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:14 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRNfjCjWIAA7sqN

Source: https://twitter.com/Stratfor/status/653971426823770113
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:14 pm

^^^
    Nice reach Cool

Regarding the Kuznetsov discussion... The ship is due to sail by the end of the week...IDK, personally I'll be surprised if goes to Syria

MURMANSK, October 13. / Correspondent. Ilya Vinogradov TASS /. On the aircraft carrier "Admiral Kuznetsov", Russia's only aircraft carrier, completed the restoration of systems and mechanisms to full alert. As reported today correspondent. TASS in the press service of the Northern Fleet (NF), before the end of this week he will leave the dock in the port of Murmansk.
       "The aircraft carrier will be launched in the Kola Bay from where it will be ready to sail", - said the press service.
       After leaving the sea at aircraft carrier deck will continue training pilots who practiced during the summer on landing simulator NITKA in Crimea.

From Mark Sleboda (frequent guest on RT)

#Russia keeps escalating its air campaign in #Syria - now up to nearly 90 sorties/day. Fever pace. Will be accidents
    https://twitter.com/MarkSleboda1/status/654186193815535616
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Militarov wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #3 - Page 7 CRNfjCjWIAA7sqN

Source: https://twitter.com/Stratfor/status/653971426823770113

Do they know what the term "range" means among other things? Obviously not.
    ult

Post  ult Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:25 pm

auslander wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu

The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.

So did they, like publish official document or something... lol1  lol1  lol1

Well, that's a double strike against me. Let's sum this up. I am now the subject of a yeehad for two reasons, I am Russian and American, and the orcs consider me/us terrorists and separatists. What next, our four legged children will turn on us because they didn't get rib eye for dinner?

Well, you should only be aimed at for being Russian, coz ISIL's Holy War against Americans is only for the sake of appearances. It's only a gimmick and the real war is against Russia russia
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Usual BS permeates the article but the tone is interesting...

In Syria, Desperate Times Call for Desperate Spin

Obama insists Vladimir Putin's Syria campaign is the act of a desperate man crippled by Western sanctions. A closer look shows the president's mistaken.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/10/14/in-syria-desperate-times-call-for-desperate-spin/
    Siempre_Leal
    Siempre_Leal

Post  Siempre_Leal Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:32 pm

Direct hit from airstrike on a Rebel HQ in Tahtaya, Idlib

Pictures from "Activist" also claims some rebels were killed and all vehicles within the target were destroyed.
    https://www.facebook.com/stepnewsagencysy/posts/677738069028145
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:49 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Usual BS permeates the article but the tone is interesting...

In Syria, Desperate Times Call for Desperate Spin

Obama insists Vladimir Putin's Syria campaign is the act of a desperate man crippled by Western sanctions. A closer look shows the president's mistaken.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/10/14/in-syria-desperate-times-call-for-desperate-spin/

I would never of taken Obama at face value without laughing. I would have asked: "how are the sanctions crippling?" And "what sanctions? European and American industries are still investing in Russia!" And then ask "what would sanctions have anything to do with Syria campaign? It was due to your illegal acts in Ukraine".

He would probably be silent as he has nothing on the teleprompter.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Kyo wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Islamic State Declares Holy War Against Russia

http://sputniknews.com/world/20151013/1028478312/isil-jihad-russia-us.html#ixzz3oTLWtNiu

The Islamic State (ISIL) has called on Muslims world-wide to launch jihad against Russian and US citizens.

So did they, like publish official document or something... lol1  lol1  lol1

Well, that's a double strike against me. Let's sum this up. I am now the subject of a yeehad for two reasons, I am Russian and American, and the orcs consider me/us terrorists and separatists. What next, our four legged children will turn on us because they didn't get rib eye for dinner?

Well, you should only be aimed at for being Russian, coz ISIL's Holy War against Americans is only for the sake of appearances. It's only a gimmick and the real war is against Russia russia

On documents, at this moment, I am listed as US although back in summer it was adjudged at an event that I had to be Russian and I was pointedly told that as far as that particular organization was concerned from that moment I AM Russian. On the other hand my wife of some years is Russian, born and raised. Neither of us are particularly worried about either threat and reality is anyone with a lick of sense won't bother Russia or Russian Federation. There's a bunch of people of late who have found out the hard way that it is unwise to poke the bear.

russia
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Russia's Aircraft Carrier Will Not Travel to Syria, Despite Media Reports
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:24 pm

auslander wrote: On documents, at this moment, I am listed as US although back in summer it was adjudged at an event that I had to be Russian and I was pointedly told that as far as that particular organization was concerned from that moment I AM Russian. On the other hand my wife of some years is Russian, born and raised. Neither of us are particularly worried about either threat and reality is anyone with a lick of sense won't bother Russia or Russian Federation. There's a bunch of people of late who have found out the hard way that it is unwise to poke the bear.

Then you'll be safe. There's a tacit complicity between the US and ISIL/ISIS or whatever its name is. The Holy War bla bla against America on par with Russia is an attempt to baffle the gullible West.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:02 pm

Six Ways Russia's Action in Syria Has Turned the Tables On the West

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/six-ways-russias-action-syria-has-turned-tables-west/ri10495

With its devastating air strikes on ISIS and US-funded rebel groups, Russia is now at the centre of the Syrian chessboard. Besides the obvious gains that include securing Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s secular government and exposing American backing of terrorist groups, here are six strategic spinoffs from Moscow’s military action.

Sukhoi showstoppers are the new must have toys

Following their spectacular performance over Syrian skies, Russia’s Sukhoi warplanes are set to be the hottest commodity in the international arms market. With the MiG-29 providing top cover, the Sukhois – including the massive Su-34 fighter-bomber, the swing-wing Su-24 ground attack jet and the subsonic Su-25 tank buster – are doing a fantastic job. While the Su-24 is due for retirement, the Su-25 and Su-34 tandem could be the hottest new items on the wishlist of air forces around the world. The cruise missiles – probably the Klubs – that are thudding into terrorist hideouts are also likely to see an increase in popularity.

Intelligence bonanza for Russia

After a near collision with a Russian jet, the US Air Force ordered its fighter pilots to stay clear of areas where Russians are operating. The near miss gives you an idea of the cramped confines in which foreign aircraft have to fly. This proximity has allowed Russia to gather valuable intelligence on a variety of US and NATO aircraft, including the F-22, claimed to be the world's premier stealth fighter. Such opportunities are rare and the boffins in Russia’s military intelligence must be having a lot of fun going through all that data.

ISIS can no longer steal Iraqi and Syrian oil

ISIS was selling Iraqi and Syrian crude oil on the black market for as low as $10 a barrel. The regular market price is around $47 a barrel. Exporting oil requires transporting it via pipelines to the coast. Clearly, ISIS was free to conduct the sale of illicit crude without the fear of NATO airstrikes. This alone is enough evidence that ISIS was enjoying some form of American and NATO protection. Although ISIS exports were just a trickle in the torrent of crude oil flooding the world, the markets responded positively to the Russian airstrikes by moving up. Even a small uptick in the price of oil translates into billions of dollars in revenue for Russia.

Russia has got Saudi Arabia over a barrel

Saudi Arabia is losing its shirt because of its relentless production of crude oil aimed at weakening Russia and Iran. The IMF says the Saudi budget is in tatters, and the outlook appears grave for the kingdom. Russia’s comeback in the Middle East along with Iran and the Hezbollah – the Shiite militant group that gives nightmares to the Saudi sheiks – could be the incentive that OPEC's largest member needs to announce production cuts. Having lost face, the US is no longer in a position to ask the Saudis to hold the line.

Europe sees the light

It has taken only a few Russian missiles to bring Europe to its senses. Europeans are taking the view that Moscow’s decisive action in neutralising ISIS seems like a good idea compared with US actions that created millions of refugees who are now flooding into Western Europe. Both Germany and France are thinking of rolling back economic sanctions against Russia. That’s called cost-effective diplomacy.

The Caspian is a Russian lake

By launching cruise missiles from the Caspian Sea 2400 km away – instead of the Mediterranean where the Russia Navy has stationed a powerful armada – Russia is indicating that it has multiple options. The Caspian was considered a Russian lake for centuries, and Moscow is signalling that nothing has changed today. It is also a message to the US that the Russian military has access to Iranian and Iraqi airspace. Plus, it shows the range and lethality of its cruise missiles.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm